PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Psicrystal to intelligent weapon

Rocket100000
2014-12-17, 10:58 AM
I'm curious if there is any way to turn a Psicrystal into an intelligent weapon

Psyren
2014-12-17, 11:32 AM
Yep - Psychic Weapon Master (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040827d) does exactly this in fact. (Well, in reverse - it turns your weapon into a psicrystal.)

sleepyphoenixx
2014-12-17, 11:34 AM
Use Metamorphosis on it to turn it into your weapon of choice (via Share Powers). Note that it can't be a magic or psionic weapon (though masterwork should be ok, provided you can pass the craft check) and that you can't select a material with hardness above 15.

Rocket100000
2014-12-17, 02:46 PM
With the Metamorphosis, is there any way to make it more permanent? I was also thinking about using the Fabricate, Psionic power to make it into a weapon, could that work?

Doc_Maynot
2014-12-17, 05:28 PM
Pay for someone (or ask the party caster) to Polymorph Any Object it into a weapon?

Same kingdom, still a crystal.
Same class, mundane and deep crystal shows us that crystals can make usable weapons.
No longer the same size
Maybe related, tiny creature made of crystal is to weapon made out of crystal.
And let it keep it's intelligence score.
Boom, at least a 9 on the duration factor so it'll be of permanent duration so long as the magic isn't dispelled.

Rocket100000
2014-12-17, 09:30 PM
For what I want, that may just work, thanks!

Deox
2014-12-18, 02:47 AM
Just for hilarity sake:
Fiend of Possession trapped in a weapon.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-12-18, 05:23 PM
There's the high level option; craft an intelligent weapon and manifest fusion through the share power link then reality revision to make it permanent.

Rubik
2014-12-18, 05:56 PM
PAO should work, since it's the manifester's Psicrystal Affinity feat that gives the psicrystal its abilities, and it's still in effect regardless of what form the psicrystal is in.

Then you could use Ancestral Relic or Item Familiar (or both!) to enhance the heck out of it. Kensai, psychic weapon master, or soulbound weapon psywar if you really want to pack more on. A dip into the latter and taking Call Weaponry with Expanded Knowledge or Psychic Chirurgery (using your psicrystal as the called weapon) could also work well enough.

There's the high level option; craft an intelligent weapon and manifest fusion through the share power link then reality revision to make it permanent.Fusion and Astral Seed, channeled through the psicrystal, could also work.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-12-18, 06:11 PM
Fusion and Astral Seed, channeled through the psicrystal, could also work.

This is a rare instance where I don't think this would work. It'd get you a copy of the psicrystal's personality in a construct body of some sort but that wouldn't make the new creature your psicrystal in the sense of having the link to you.

Rubik
2014-12-18, 06:16 PM
This is a rare instance where I don't think this would work. It'd get you a copy of the psicrystal's personality in a construct body of some sort but that wouldn't make the new creature your psicrystal in the sense of having the link to you.It's still your psicrystal, just with some extras.