PDA

View Full Version : SunAge - Battle for Elysium - What's the deal with this game?

Vitruviansquid
2014-12-17, 11:54 AM
I've been an awful big fan of RTS games since the first time I played Warcraft 2 as a wee lad who was nowhere near Warcraft 2's target demographic.

So with the moribund state of the genre, I was pretty excited to see "SunAge - Battle for Elysium" released on steam. It looks, from screenshots and videos, to be a relatively competent RTS that doesn't try to be a clone of anything, so I'm excited for a new, modern experience that's hopefully learned from previous RTS's. And with all the steam reviews being positive, whatever new junk they're trying out seems to be working...

But the game is also flying a couple of red flags for me. I can't seem to find any hard information about the game anywhere. There seems to be no wikis, no forums, no guide to units or strategies anywhere on the internet. I know it's small, and thus exotic, but if there's really a game in a competitive genre like RTS out there, there should be a community for it. In all, it seems pretty suspicious to me.

So let me ask, has anyone played or seen this game played? Where do its fans hang out? Is this some scam, or is this the real deal?

Anxe
2014-12-17, 12:04 PM
It was released two days ago... I don't think a community exists for it yet given that it isn't based off of any existing game as you said.

There's always the game's own forum: http://forum.vertex4.com/
Or their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sunageGame

Beyond that... Really not surprised there isn't anything available yet. You could always be the person who creates it!

Narkis
2014-12-17, 01:05 PM
TotalBiscuit had said on twitter that he's playing it. I'd expect him to put a video up in the next few days. I'm looking forward to it, since the game does look interesting. At the very least, it doesn't seem to be a scam, just an unknown indie game that hasn't been discovered by the public yet.

Vitruviansquid
2014-12-17, 01:36 PM
Even if it was just released, there should usually be some kind of beta or developer community. Who puts out a game with no hype whatsoever?

Looks like I'll be waiting for TotalBiscuit's video to look forward to. Thanks.