PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder The ultimate (psionic) Archer (and Fighter ... kind of)

Feint's End
2014-12-17, 07:04 PM
Ok I got this idea while I responded to another thread looking for a good Pathfinder Archer Build. The build basically revolves around getting wisdom to attack and damage in both ranged and melee while having a full blown mindblade for both. I've seen the combination of zen archer 3 and Soul Archer before but I'm not sure anyone has actually thought it entirely through.

Zen Archer 3 (obviously for Zen Archery but Flurry of Blows is nice since it basically saves you Rapid Shot and wisdom to AC is awesome too), Soulknife 7 (regular Soulknife! You want the mindblade .... only thing to consider is picking up focused offense ... maybe Power Attack as your bonus feat), Soul Archer 10

Now you want Fighter's Blade ASAP (level 7 likely) and by level 20 you'll get:
-full +10 mindblade which can be used ranged (due to soul arrows)
-wisdom to ac, hit and damage in both melee and ranged

Congratulations ... you now have an Archer who is not only one of the Archers with the highest damage possibilities in the game but also can melee with the best of them (literally ... you are a full blown melee ... though you lack some of the tricks)

Thoughts?

edit: on a similar note here is thread (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2rcpq?Psionic-Zen-Archer-Mental-Murder-From-Afar) of someone who did something similar on the paizo boards. Forgot to go think of the melee potential though so I think the idea is legit.