PDA

View Full Version : Player Help The Shield Anvil: My Paladin and his Order

Blackhawk748
2014-12-17, 07:37 PM
I will be playing in an upcoming game with a first time DM, though he has played DnD quite a bit, so i figured id be nice and be a Paladin. Of Protection. And Mercy. So lo and behold the Shield Anvil:

Human Crusader 1/Paladin 5/Fist of Raziel 1/ Paladin 13
Feats 1st lvl +Flaw and HB: Power Attack, Servant of the Heavens, and Shield Parry
3rd Protection Devotion
6th Martial Stance: Martial Spirit or Battle Blessing whichever i would find more useful at this level
9th Whichever one i didnt take at 6th
12th+ Nothing firm here, maybe Extra Turn undead to keep fueling my Protection Devotion, or Practiced Spellcaster so my spells have a halfway decent caster level.

He will be a Sword and Board Pally modeled after the Hospitallers, also i would like him to have a Unicorn for a mount...... Why are you looking at me like that?

*coughs* Anyway his code goes something like this:
1. You should strive to be the best that you can be, so that you may help others.
2. If you can help others, and not hurt others by doing so, you should do so.
3. You are a trained healer, help where you can, when you can.
4. Be where you can do the most good, if able, whether this be on the battlefield or in the sick tents.
5. You should always be respectful and civil to everyone, even your enemies.

Clarifications
All Shield Anvils should be cautious of those who ask for help frequently. It is possible that they have begun to rely on you and expect, or even worse, demand what is your "duty". Note Aspirant that this is not your duty, you have come here, of your own free will, to help others. That is your choice. People such as the above example attempt to pervert our code and turn us into slaves. Do not allow this to happen. The best way to help others is to teach them how to help themselves, many problems can be solved by the person asking for help, all they require is guidance. Give them that guidance.

So thoughts, recommendations, large rocks to throw at me?