PDA

View Full Version : Fine-Tuning Avatar

Wojiz
2007-03-28, 08:23 PM
I recently made the avatar I'm using, and seeing as it's my first one, I'm rather proud of it. However, it just doesn't seem like something you'd see out of OOTS. Can someone help me pinpoint what I'm doing wrong? I'm thinking the eyes are too big or the skin color's off or something, but I might be wrong. Is something disproportioned?

Jack Squat
2007-03-28, 08:37 PM
the body looks a little thin, but toerhwise very nice.

Ego Slayer
2007-03-28, 08:42 PM
The head should be wider than the body, and place it a little lower. Eyes are fine, and the skin is a little pink. Put the skin tone a little closer to the orange shades to avoid the pinkishness. Not bad, at all. =)

Dispozition
2007-03-29, 05:41 AM
The pauldrons are way too high and close together, they should be further apart and a little lower down...Also, put the head in front of them, not behind.

I must admit however, you're the first newbie in a while that I haven't had to say 'change the line thickness' to...Well done :P

Sampi
2007-03-29, 05:54 AM
The arms are rather stiff-looking. Use a curved line, rather than a straight one for them. And you can make them longer. Also, the rapier is fine, but make the hilt and guard a little larger. Also, what Dis said about the pauldrons.

Ava
2007-03-29, 05:43 PM
Everyone's already posted basically everything I was going to say... lol.

I think the main problem I see is the pauldrons though. They shouldn't cover the face.

Wojiz
2007-03-30, 06:22 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/Wojiz/WojizFINAL.gif

Huzzah!

I took your advice, guys, and lowered the pauldrons a bit, enlarged the guard and fixed the skintone / head width. I also turned the blade so it's less awkward and the picture is thinner, drew a nice hat complete with feather, modified the sheath slightly, changed the shirt and made a pin for the cloak.

What do you all think? I think it's looking pretty nice at this point.

Dispozition
2007-03-30, 07:27 PM
Looking much better...I love the hat as well. Looks pretty much done to me :P

Ego Slayer
2007-03-30, 07:48 PM
Spiffy hat. Looks better! =D