PDA

View Full Version : Legends of Orre (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Esprit15
2014-12-18, 02:45 AM
The sun sits high in the sky of Port Gateon as a luxury cruise, the St. Anne, makes port, tourists pouring out of the great boat. Sarah and Kaitlyn get full view of the wall of people, odd accents and foreign languages clamoring in the square as they step out from the subway station, nearly being blinded by the sun reflecting off of the white sandstone. You see several battles breaking out in the square against a backdrop of wind turbines and buildings that seem to be made of carefully arranged garbage, a familiar sight in many of the towns of Orre.

Rex meanwhile arrives by hover-truck from north, traveling through grassland and forest. Most Pokémon give your vehicle a wide berth, preventing you from getting a good view of them. Still, they likely were not of much interest if a simple vehicle was enough to scare them off. You sigh, bored, reading over a journal that you borrowed from the Lab's extensive library to make the ride sufferable. ...and as illustrated in figure 11.5, ingestion of mineral and vitamin supplements has no clear impact on the development of offspring, beyond a very weak correlation with initial health. We suspect that this is because of the positive effects on the mother's health, not on any inherited characteristics. A boring read, nothing that wasn't already rather obvious. Still, somebody wanted to get published and get their name out there, and there technically was not any published work on the effects of vitamins consumption in parents (though that's because Lamarckian inheritance was a theory more outdated than the lab itself). "Well, we're here, Alexander. Port Gateon," says your driver, an older man who worked the shuttle from the Lab to Gateon. You're just outside of the Pokémon Center, a disheveled looking building, only recognizable by the universal red roof. Everything outside of the Lab was always so... dirty. Did people just not care?

Arcran
2014-12-18, 03:15 AM
As the truck slows to a stop, Rex quickly removes his glasses, attempting to clean them with his shirt, assuming that there was simply a smudge on his glasses or something of the like. When he puts them back on he can only sigh. His glasses were, as usual, spotless. Everything else was just filthy.

"Thanks," Rex says as he hands the driver his fare, stepping out of the hovertruck and stretching a bit. It had been a rather long drive after all and in rather close quarters. Without saying another word Rex begins to walk away, not even acknowledging the driver. He'd never been much of one for conversation.

For now, Rex heads towards the Gym. As far as he knew Gateon had little of interest in regards to science, especially in relation to genetics. Sure, there was that Evolutionary Stone shop but those had been discussed up and down by scientists for years, leaving very little for Rex to actually concern himself with. With those two easy options out of the way all that really left was the Gym. After all, if there were abnormal Pokemon specimens here wouldn't they be located at the Gym? Strong Trainers had strong Pokemon and not all of them had gained those traits from training. Some were mutants that somehow ended up in the control of a Trainer. Others had been carefully bred for generations to create the ultimate Pokemon. No matter how they were made, such an exhibit was a must see for the young Trainer.

Of course, as Rex walks towards the Gym he keeps his Pokemon within their Pokeballs. He didn't need to study them or battle at the moment, so why bother?

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-18, 07:46 AM
Kaitlyn was finally glad to get off that train. She stretched her arms once she got off. He looked around the area after getting back to the surface, taking in all the scenery. Lots of battles were around here, which reminded her of Pyrite town. It was quite fun there, especially since she got into the fun. Perhaps she can enjoy it here, despite the fighting left to the pokemon. "Wow, so this is Port Gateon? Reminds me of Pyrite, minus the humans joining in on the fun. I might enjoy it here." She then began to think what to do first. She then decided it was time to challenge a gym. She had some good partners now, so why not give it a shot.

Gintash
2014-12-18, 04:44 PM
Sarah walked out of the subway and looked out at the Port Gateon in front of her and sighed at the site of the big city. She had always wanted to live in the city but there was one major thing that stopped her. The people. And of course, there could not be just a few or a handful. There had to be literally hundreds of people in the city just waiting to crowd you into a tiny space. The very idea made Sarah shiver in fear. She had never been very good with crowds, small groups of people were fine, but crowds were always bad.

“Well, I better head over to the gym in order to start this journey. I will defeat you! Mother! Father!” However as she said this out loud there were a lot of people getting out of the subway around her and giving her weird looks. When she finally noticed this Sarah's face turned red as she tried to hide it and hurry away in the direction of the gym.

Esprit15
2014-12-19, 02:57 AM
You all make your ways to the gym. While you follow the signs easily enough, at around the same time, you all arrive at what looks to be a tollbooth to a sea-looking cliff face. Similar to the lighthouse, a set of folding, rotating bridges sits out in the ocean, all leading to a thin structure out at sea a ways, topped with a tall wind turbine. Structures similar to this dot the sea all along the coast in a jagged line, dozens long and maybe two or three out.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/SeaGen_installed.jpg
"'Ey," says a man from the booth. "You all looking for a tour of the plant, or you here to distract Harr with a battle?" His voice sours at mentioning the prospect of a gym battle.

Arcran
2014-12-19, 03:39 AM
"Not yet," Rex says, striding towards the booth. "And probably not for a very long time, if ever."

"No, I would like to know if Harr would be able to meet sometime today. And if, while I wait, I could use a practice ring? I've traveled from Lab to see Harr and ask him some things, although I'd like to get my Pokemon a bit of exercise before that," Rex states, inflection hardly changing throughout as he waits for an answer from the man in the booth, ignoring the other Trainers.

Gintash
2014-12-19, 04:31 AM
Sarah gets a bit confused, she knows that gym leaders often do other things for a variety of reasons but she doesn't understand the man's attitude. After one of the other boys speaks she asks "Is there something wrong with him battling people?" Letting the man see that she is confused about the subject.

Esprit15
2014-12-19, 06:36 AM
The man gumbles as Rex explains his business. "Just don't keep him long. We're all busy here, making sure your prissy tech town up north gets enough power to be visible from space!" You get the distinct sense that literally anything would have given him reason to complain. Still, he starts operating some switches. A loud creak emanates from the bridge as it starts moving, forming a path to the building out at sea.

While it moves, he turns to Sarah, looking at her more seriously than Rex. "Because running that gym is a waste of our time and resources. I don't know why Seigi and Ryuuto think we need to emulate those other regions. We've been independent for nearly a century, and things be goin' just fine, and I'll be Judged before I back some half foreign git and a soft skinned lab coat changing our way of life!"

He grabs a corded phone on the wall and taps a few numbers. "Hey, Harr, some lab kid wants ta see ya... He di'nt say, how should I know?... Nah, didn't seem rushed, said he'd use the ring while he waited... Yeah, yeah. Got it." He looks back at Rex. "He'll be free in about half an hour. Replacing parts in an alternator."

By the time the man is done, the bridge has finished unfolding. "Well, unless you have something else to say, on with ya."

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-19, 07:19 AM
Kaitlyn frowned when she realised the leader wasn't available right now. Oh well, gym leaders had lives as well. He then turned to the two strangers next to her. She then said. "Well, since I assume he can't do a gym battle as well, I guess we'll just have to find something to do till then. Name's Kaitlyn, by the way." She extends her hand to them.

Arcran
2014-12-19, 09:34 AM
Rex looks at the Trainer quizzically, a little surprised. They were a 'we' already? Rex hardly knew the other trainers and, frankly, he didn't care.

"Alexander," he says, shaking the hand. Only his friends (and he) called him Rex.

Without another word Rex turns around, walking across the bridge towards the Gym, instantly making his way towards a practice ring after trying to get his bearings inside.

Esprit15
2014-12-21, 05:58 AM
The man smiles as Kaitlyn seems to dismiss her ideas of a gym battle, and you all make your way across the bridge, Alexander making a clear effort to not stick with any sort of group that may be forming.

Inside of the tower, your ears begin to ring at the constant hum of turbines, the source an alternator the size of a truck in the center of the room. Based on the location, this was likely for the wind turbine. Cables as thick as your arm run off of one end and into the walls. Several also hand from the ceiling, leading into a single spot in the top of the machine, though you cannot imagine why. It seems an impractical design, though the engineers must have had a reason for it. Besides the patinated walls of metal, the web of wires and a rubbery floor, the room is sparse, save for a stairway also made of a similar rubbery material.

The stairway spirals down what would likely be two floors of a normal building before opening into what would best be described as a waiting room. Some couches, a TV, and two doorways on opposite ends of the room (parallel to the shoreline, you notice). There is also a gated lift on the seaward side and a woman that appears to be a receptionist opposite, right by the stairway. Several people in greasy work clothes are sitting around the area. It seems to also double as an employee lounge in addition to waiting room. "If you're meeting Harr then I assume Lawrence has already spoken to you topside. It will be a short wait. If you're simply here for training, you can take either doorway to an arena. There're always some workers who want to battle during their break. Otherwise, how may I help you?" The woman is friendly and helpful, quite surprising given the greeting you had at the bridge.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-21, 09:55 AM
This is a bit too loud! Why didn't they give us complimentary earplugs. her words in her head came as the turbines hurt her ears. It was annoying, mostly, but tolerable. Still, she wish she could ignore it. She was finally glad when she entered the waiting room. It was nice to get away from all that heavy equipment and even more so when she got some friendly service. She smiled at her "Thank you. I not sure If I want to risk my pokemon from being too hurt to beat him, so I'll pass on battles unless you got a means of healing them."

Esprit15
2014-12-21, 10:09 AM
While the sound from above isn't deafening, there is still a steady hum through the building. "We're a gym facility as well as a power generator. We'd lose our license for both if we didn't have medical facilities readily accessible. In addition, Harr likes having a medic available on every level of the plant. It's expensive for business, but it keeps liabilities down."

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-21, 11:36 AM
"Okay then, I guess I'll find someone to battle then while I wait for him, unless it won't be that long."

Gintash
2014-12-21, 04:46 PM
"My name is Sarah, I hope we can be friends!" Sarah said with a smile before following the others. She was a little disappointed about the leader being too busy for a battle but she understood that he had other things that he needed to do. The leaders do obviously have lives to live and jobs to do aside from being a leader. She thought about battling one of the other workers but decided against it, she wasn't really in the mood for battle now. "Hmm, thanks, but no thanks, I think I'll sit this one out."

Arcran
2014-12-21, 07:54 PM
"A battle?" Rex says, looking the Kaitlyn up and down appreciatively. "Alright. Would you be opposed to a friendly wager?" Rex inquires, hoping for some easy cash. After all, he had perfected his Pokemon. Who could stand against him?

Es said I may apply Training feats, I just get no EXP. So Ace Trainer (Sp. Atk for Punnet, Attack for the pther) and Focused Training for both.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-21, 10:43 PM
"I ain't got much. How about 100?"

Arcran
2014-12-21, 10:48 PM
"I suppose that will do," Rex says, fully knowing that it's more than he currently has.

Unconcerned, Rex strides towards an empty ring, keeping his hand near his belt.

"Ladies first," he states, hand drifting towards his belt.

Do we want a small map?

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-22, 01:26 AM
"Alright." she then grabbed a hold of her ball. "Alright, Knightess, Showtime." Her riolu then comes out of the ball, in her fighting stance.

Speed 20

and yes, I'd like a map.

Arcran
2014-12-22, 01:48 AM
"A Riolu?" Rex says with a smirk, quickly running through what he knows of the Pokemon. Fighting Type. Evolves into a Lucario fairly quickly. Didn't learn a real Fighting-Type Move until relatively late in comparison to other Types in their early levels, meaning that it should be safe to use Clintock. It had a vicious Counter but, fortunately, Clintock had a single Move that would allow him to ignore that little fact.

"Clintock, don't make things too messy," the Trainer states, releasing the Aron with a smirk, his battle plan already fully realized.

I'll be using Clintock to start out. Speed 3. You're a lot faster.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-22, 01:57 AM
Kaitlyn knew that even with Knightess's speed, she won't be able to get up close in time for an attack, "Aright, rush at him!" The Riolu then began to rush froward, but the Aron would definitely get a chance to react before she closes the gap

Arcran
2014-12-22, 01:59 AM
As the Riolu rushes towards his Aron, Rex just grins. He looks to Clintock, the Aron more than a little worried about the amount of water in his direct vicinity.

"Clintock, ignore the water. It isn't enough to hurt you," the Trainer states, looking at the water that hardly covers the legs of the Aron. "Just focus. Bunker down and get ready to be hit," is the simple command of the Trainer. Without a second thought the Aron closes its eyes, metal plates sliding across one another and pulling together to form a tough shell.

Clintock uses Harden. Clintock currently has 21 Defense.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-22, 02:07 AM
The aron was noticeably timid. Kaitlyn felt bad for him. Nevertheless, she would continue her attack. Surely he must like battling enough to follow his triner's orders. "Okay, Knightess, it isn't your best, but quick attack!" The Riolu then jumped up and then attempts to land his foot on the Aron on the way down.

[roll0] AC2 pluss your evasion

[roll1] damage

Arcran
2014-12-22, 02:15 AM
The Aron doesn't even move from the attack, the Riolu's fist clanging against the tough shell of the Aron, causing almost as much discomfort to the Riolu as to the Aron.

As the Riolu closes to range the Aron shivers in anticipation, ready to rend into the Riolu with his tough claws, ready to end this fight as early as it began. He waits for his Trainer's command, ready to strike...

"Clint, Mud Slap," Rex says calmly.

Mud Slap? That was a command he didn't get very often. Still, the Aron complies, slamming his feet into the ground and watching as the stream of mud flies by.

25-21/4 = 1 Damage!

Clintock: 54/55 HP

Rex uses Focused Training!

Clintock uses Mud Slap!
AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
-1 to Accuracy if hit.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-22, 03:06 AM
Knightess felt like she was hitting a tack. Her foot stung a bit, but then she shook it of. Then the mud came, splashing in her eyes a bit, but nothing too bad. Kaitlyn smiles. Looks like he didn't do much damage as well "Alright, quick attack again." The Riolu threw a quick jab at the Aron, but she knows it won't do much.

[roll0] v3
[roll1]

Arcran
2014-12-22, 03:15 AM
The attack, while hardly effective, rings a bit more solidly than the one before. Rex pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose, light catching the lenses and creating a bright glare.

"Clintock, don't let her leave a scratch on you. Harden once more!"

The Aron crouches down even lower, plates leaving virtually no space for an attack to solidly hit the Aron as he skitters around the Riolu, appearing on the other side.

26-21/4 = 1.25 = 1 Damage!

Clintock: 53/55 HP

Clintock uses Harden!

Now at +2 Defense CS. 25 Defense.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-22, 02:03 PM
Really, a freaking harden fight. her thoughts rang. She was getting annoyed at the strategy. "Not much you can do, Knightess, keep up the quick attacks" The Riolu then backflipped over the Aron and as she was doing so, she kicked her in the strike, which, again, was a minor nuisance to her foe

[roll0] vs3
[roll1]

Arcran
2014-12-22, 02:31 PM
"Keep it up Clint. Lock it down," Rex says, watching again as the Aron barely flinches, only to lock its armor into place even more.

Clintock uses Harden! +3 Stages.

53/55 HP.

Arcran
2014-12-22, 04:00 PM
The battle rages on with the Aron continuing to toughen its defenses as it creeps towards Kaitlyn's side of the ring, Quick Attack after Quick Attack bouncing off ineffectually.

Clintock: 51/55 HP, +1 Attack CS, +6 Defense CS
Knightess: 38/44 HP

Gintash
2014-12-22, 05:04 PM
Sarah, not very interested in battling anymore, decides to sit just outside of the ring and watch the other two battle. She makes notes of the Aron and Alexander's strategy of hardening his defense in order to lessen damage as much as is possible, and the Riolu and Kaitlyn's strategy of hitting its opponent as hard as possible. Both make sense in their own right but when matched against each other, the defender looks to have an upper hand. However, Sarah had learned not to judge a book by it cover and so just sat a watch, hopping to see something good.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-22, 06:25 PM
Kaitlyn was definitely annoyed. All of the attacks were not doing a dang thing. "We aren't getting anywhere. Do you want to call this a draw?" She suggested while the Riolu attacked again, obviously annoyed by the cheap strategy.

[roll0] AC3 Plus evasion
[roll1]

Arcran
2014-12-22, 06:39 PM
"A draw? What do you have to hurt me?" Rex says, the light catching his glasses once more as he smirks. "Clint may be doing very little damage to you, that is true. But you're doing far less to him," the Trainer states, watching as the attack quite literally bounces off the Aron.

"Clint, more mud."

"Now, if you want to forfeit I'd accept that. But why should I take a draw?"

The Aron robotically slams his legs into the ground once again, mud flying towards the face of the Riolu, the spray blasting into the small blue Pokemon with the force of a crashing wave.

Clintock uses Mud Slap!
That's a crit! He has two Special Attack, making the Damage Dice roll a 9. That makes the actual damage of the attack 20.
Also, -1 AC.

Clintock: 50/55 HP, +1 Attack CS, +6 Defense CS
Knightess: 40/46 HP, now 22/46. That's 1 Injury for Knightess.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-22, 07:17 PM
Knightess's last strike is a perfect example of Newton's Third Law. She was getting frustrated, so for that last quick attack, She put all of her might in and...

CRACK! Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

The sound was followed by a scream, with the incoming mud adding insult to injury. Kaitlyn gasped as she held up her ball. "Knightess, get back!" Her pokemon was then placed back into the high tech device. Kaitlyn was worried. She hoped it wasn't too serious. She then rushed to the nearest medical facility, completely forgetting about the wager in the process.

Arcran
2014-12-22, 07:25 PM
Rex watches the Trainer flee, a confused expression on his face. Why exactly had she fled after a single solid attack? Obviously she was an amateur, although her skills alone showed that. And, should she ignore the wager, perhaps police presence could be useful. An amateur wouldn't know how valid that threat was.

"Hey, you," Rex says, looking to Sarah. "Want to tag in for your friend? Clint isn't a big fan of getting blue-balled like that."

The Aron shrieks its agreement, giving the arena a quick swipe with its head.

Gintash
2014-12-22, 08:41 PM
"Hmmm, tempting offer, but I have virtually no money to bed on the match" Sarah said as she considered the offer. She was sort of in the mood for a battle now but unsure of whether or not to go forward with it.

Arcran
2014-12-22, 08:44 PM
"Neither do I. I just knew I'd win the last one," Rex states, grinning hugely.

"What do you say? Why don't you hop in and see if you can finish off Clint?" he states, looking at the behemoth with pride.

To be clear, he's asking if you want to try to beat the +6 Defense Aron.

Gintash
2014-12-22, 08:52 PM
"Well, I'm not gunna put a bet down but I'll take you on. Just one-on-one match, k?" Sarah asks as she walks down to the other side of the arena grabbing a Pokeball.

Arcran
2014-12-22, 08:55 PM
"One, two, it doesn't matter to me. Clint can take as many as you throw at him right now."

Gintash
2014-12-22, 09:01 PM
"Alright, one-on-one then, lets see how your Clints like Bear!" As she says this Sarah throws a Pokeball letting out a Pancham. bear who looks at his opponent and grins as he moves towards the Aron, knowing that is what he would be told to do.

Since he has 6 speed, I'll go first, as said in the post

Gintash
2014-12-22, 09:14 PM
"Karate Chop Bear!" Sarah called out as the Pancham got close and tries hit the Aron with all the might he could muster.

Sorry, didn't think about the attack for a second

Karate Chop

Accuracy = [roll0]
Damage = [roll1]

Plus the x3 super effective on Aron

Arcran
2014-12-22, 09:25 PM
Despite the significant force behind the blow the Aron's hide is almost impossible to penetrate after turtling against the Riolu for so long.

"Alright Clint. Show them what you can really do," Rex says, grinning at his Pokemon. Without the need to worry about a Counter the Aron could cut loose.

The Aron doesn't have to be told twice; with a shriek it flues forward, claws seeking to rend the Pancham.

Clintock: 47/55 HP
Bear: 61/61

Rex uses Focused Training.

Metal Claw!
Not a crit, but +1 Attack CS. Clint is at 2 now.

Bear: 33/61

Gintash
2014-12-22, 09:40 PM
"Hit him harder Bear!" Sarah calls out as the Pancham attempts to hit the Aron multiple times.

Arm Thrust

Accuracy = [roll0]
Number of hits = [roll1]

And now, depending on the number of hits I do, the damage is calculated.

Damage = 25 (see OOC)

Arcran
2014-12-22, 09:47 PM
Once again the attacks do little more than annoy the Aron, the walking tank simply shrugging off the brunt of the attack once again.

"Again Clint."

And so it was done.

Clintock: 44/55 HP
Bear: 33/61

Metal Claw!
That'll give Bear one Injury.

Bear: 7/61

Gintash
2014-12-22, 09:54 PM
"Bear, you ok?" Sarah starts to move into the arena but the Pancham putshis hand up to her telling her to stop and readies himself for a final attack. Sarah smiles at him before saying "Alright bear, lets finish this, hit him as hard as you can!"

Probably gunna faint after this but oh well

Karate Chop

Accuracy = [roll0]
Damage = [roll1]

If I get 17 or more on my accuracy I have a change of beating him with a crit but until then its just x3 super effective.

Arcran
2014-12-22, 10:00 PM
Despite Bear's best effort and the dramatic timing a final blow before fainting has, the attack does no more than the previous ones.

"You fought well, but it's over. Clint, end this."

Eyes gleaming, Clint charges for the final blow, claws poised to strike.

Clintock: 44/55 HP
Bear: 7/61

Metal Claw!
Damage: [roll1] 31 after Defense.
That'll give Bear two more Injuries: One for passing zero, one for Massive Damage.

Bear: -24/61

"Do you have another?" Rex asks, preparing to return the Aron.

Gintash
2014-12-22, 10:18 PM
"Yes, but she would not stand a chance against an Aron, her only attack being Psychic typed. No I am afraid I will have to call it quits, its your win and what a win it was. Guess I'll have to train harder in the future in order to try and beat you." Sarah says as she walks up to Alexander holding out her hand to shake.

Arcran
2014-12-22, 10:27 PM
"That's understandable," Rex says, shaking the defeated Trainer's hand. "If you ever want to battle again, call md e up. I'll be looking forward to it," Rex says, a slight smirk on his face. It was true; he enjoyed winning.

With the pleasantries out of the way, Rex turns to Clintock, giving the Aron a single approving nod before returning him. His breeding and training had apparently paid off, especially if the Pokemon was able to go toe-to-toe with two Fighting Types.

"Would you like to accompany me to a healing facility?" Rex asks, already striding towards the one within the Gym.

Gintash
2014-12-22, 10:47 PM
"Sure, Bear could use a bit of healing. He took a hell of a beating but he was a man through and through, just like he always tries to be" Sarah says as she follows Alexander to the healer.

Esprit15
2014-12-24, 08:40 PM
The two head further into the facility, where you find a panicked Kaitlyn and an exasperated looking woman explaining to her, "no, your Riolu is going to be fine, really. It's just a slightly deep cut."

Arcran
2014-12-25, 12:05 AM
Rex nearly rolls his eyes as he walks up to the counter, handing over Clint's Pokeball.

"Just some surface-level damage," Clint says, drawing on his small amount of medical knowledge. "No serious wounds, so he should just need a quick trip through the machines."

With his companion taken care of Rex turns to Sarah, offering a hand.

"I don't think we were ever properly introduced. I'm Rex," he says, offering his hand. Even though the Trainer had never stood a chance against him (he had well-prepared Clint for Fighting Types), at least she knew enough to try to exploit a Type Advantage. "Where would you be from?"

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-25, 12:31 AM
The wrestler sighed in relief. "I should have figured I was overreacting. I've taken injuries that bad, so why can't she?" she then turned to her former opponent. "Sorry about that. First time one of my pokemon was injured that bad and I didn't stop to think." She then grabbed some of her small amount of money. Her eyes then widened in surprise. "Only 120? I thought I had more. Whatever, a deal's a deal." she then kept the 20 and handed the rest to him.

Arcran
2014-12-25, 01:02 AM
"First time?" Rex says, somewhat dumbstruck. "Was it your first battle as well?" he asks, pocketing the 100 without feeling any remorse whatsoever.

Gintash
2014-12-25, 01:08 AM
Sarah takes Rex's hand shaking it softly "Sarah, nice to meet you. As to where I am from, a bit of everywhere really. My father was a Pokemon Hunter and my Mother was what you could call a Capture Specialist. They made a living off of capturing Pokemon and selling them to people, not in the illegal way like most people seem to think. They would always follow the laws about capturing or not Pokemon in certain area's. But they were pro's at their job, capturing rare Pokemon to sell to people who were unable to do so themselves. So we would travel from city to city to area's all around the place for work wherever they could get it. The most I believe my parents ever stayed in one place was just after I was born, and they couldn't even sit still for 6 months. And yeah, first battle too."

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-25, 01:08 AM
"No, but I've been lucky in the past about my pokemon. Nothing like a deep cut. I, however, should have known she could have taken it. After all, I do wrestle and have had a few minor bones cracked and the like." She then extends her hand. "But it was a good match. Not a thrilling one, but it was interesting to see someone with an unconventional tactic.

I just looked up the rules on injuries, I forgot you get one going past half-health, so I probably shouldn't have reacted like that.

Arcran
2014-12-25, 01:30 AM
"I'm not sure I would call it good," Rex says with little emotion, watching the nurses work and trying to recall what he knew about the Pokemon Center process. "You allowed my Aron to get to the point where not even an attack from a Type he possesses an inherent weakness to could truly hurt him. The second you saw his Defense begin to skyrocket you should have switched your Pokemon. If you were new I could understand the mistake but to have been a Trainer who's Pokemon never got so much as a scratch? I'd expect better," Rex states, clearly not believing that Kaitlyn had ever participated in a Pokemon Battle before.

After adjusting his glasses, Rex spares Sarah a quick glance.

"For your first battle it was a decent effort. You shouldn't have accepted a battle against Clint in his current state; given that much time to bolster his defenses very little can hope to hurt him. Given a few more years I'm sure you'll be a competent Trainer," Rex says, voice not carrying the edge it should for the backhanded compliment. "Did your parents even happen to catch any peculiar Pokemon? I believe the typical slang term is 'shiny?'" Rex inquires, moving right on ahead from his remark.

Just for kicks, Medicine Education: [roll0]

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-25, 01:51 AM
"Switch out? I thought it was a quick one on one. Damn, that changes things. I would have taken him down quick with my Machop if I knew that. Knightess is built as some people say, sweeper. I trained her speed and offense, but my only offensive moves are counter and quick attack right now, so until she gets a better move, she's stuck with those two, which are nice depending on the situation, especially if someone can't answer to an endure-counter combo."

Arcran
2014-12-25, 02:02 AM
"Oh?" Rex says with a smirk, not bothering to give a full reply. "That's interesting."

His tone, of course, is one of supreme boredom, clearly intent on simply ending the conversation. He had kept his Aron in against a Riolu, taking the gamble of the Pokemon knowing some sort of Fighting-type Move without even blinking and the Trainer thought a Machop would fare any better? She had a lot to learn and, unfortunately for her, Rex wasn't going to be her teacher.

Without another word Rex turns back towards the medical staff, doing his best to study what they are currently doing.

Gintash
2014-12-25, 02:24 AM
"Yeah, I realize that now, but hey, what's done is done. As for 'shiny' Pokemon, there were a handful they were able to capture from what they told me. But in the entire time they traveled I think they caught no more than 5. Apparently people pay huge amounts for those things so they would always go fast when they did manage to get one." Sarah says before turning to the nurse and nicely asking her to treat her Pokemon for her.

Arcran
2014-12-25, 05:05 PM
"Simply an abnormal coloring? Or were they in possession of strange traits?" Rex asks, obviously intrigued.

Esprit15
2014-12-26, 12:45 AM
"Excuse me, but I very much doubt some simple poachers are going to be able to manage a real shiny Pokémon," says a voice from behind you all. The owner, as you look at the interruption, is a darker skinned man, of normal height in similar work clothes to everyone else. "I was informed that someone wished to meet with me, likely would be found in a battle room, yes? I am Harr Faeld, leader of this gym." His eyes seem to dart around the room in rapid, repeating patterns while he fiddles absentmindedly with a little device that you don't recognize.

Arcran
2014-12-26, 02:59 AM
"That would be me," Rex says, quickly shifting focus from Sarah to the Gym Leader, tucking away the poacher comment to be touched upon later. "I was hoping we could speak about your Pokemon? I am from Lab and I am currently attempting to do research into abnormal specimens of Pokemon species. Do you have somewhere more private where we could talk?" Rex asks, more hoping to get away from the other two Trainers before asking his questions than anything as he looks at the device in Harr's hands, trying to discern it's purpose.

[roll0]

Gintash
2014-12-26, 04:07 AM
"They ran across a flightless Charizard once, its body was a red-tinted silvery colour so they believed it was a Fire/Steel type rather than Fire/Flying type" She answers Rex just after Harr enters. After hearing his comment she turns and replies to him. "You would be surprised what you can find even if you aren't looking for it. And Poacher seems to be a term more associated with criminals where as my parents followed the law when capturing Pokemon. They never went where they were not allowed or welcomed even if it meant several days more travel before a job could be completed."

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-26, 06:37 AM
Kaitlyn, who had been subconsciously listening on the conversation, noted a few things about Sarah. Interesting. Capturing all kinds of pokemon must be cool. Not as cool as kicking the ass of all kinds of pokemon, but still cool. She then turned to the Gym leader as he entered. That device was strange and considering the location, it was probably one of his tools. After the others finished speaking, the wrestler spoke up, saying "As for me, I wanted to challenge your gym. Name's Kaitlyn and I'm from the Under, though I usually went topside to Pyrite when I was there, so it's like a 50/50 thing."

Esprit15
2014-12-26, 07:42 AM
Rex
You cannot even hope to identify the device. It seems to respond to his touch, changing shape and size as he taps and grips different sections of it. You can vaguely recall flipping past a paper that mentioned Port Gateon in the title, but you never actually read it. Maybe that was his? "Nonsense! We've nothing to hide from Kaitlyn and Sarah, yes? I assume you refer to Verne?" Being at least roughly from the area, that name was familiar. You had passed it off as a person, or the nickname of an ocean current at the time. A news article titled "Verne Sinks Smuggler Ship in Port Gateon!" sprung to mind.

Kaitlyn
"A challenge? Perfect! I've been bored out of my mind today! Bored out of a few others as well!" The man seems almost giddy at the idea of someone actually asking for a battle. "And how many badges have you earned thus far?"

Sarah
The man looks at you with a moderate degree of skepticism. He was clearly born recently enough to have not been around during the worst of Orre's history, but there were still certain topics that were less acceptable conversation around the table, depending where you come from. "Sorry, I just find it a bit incredulous that a couple who hunted Pokémon for a living managed to do so entirely legally." Still, you were used to the accusations by now when you tell about what your parents they told you. "After all, a Charizard is a terrifying beast to behold. I can't imagine one being so... Passive, as to allow itself to be captured."

All
As you converse, Harr leads you toward a lift.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-26, 08:21 AM
"Badges?" Crap. I don't got any. I hope he doesn't mind that. "Well, yours will be my first." she says with confidence.

Esprit15
2014-12-26, 09:06 AM
"Oh..." he says, clearly let down ever so slightly. But, only for a moment. "Well, everyone need start somewhere!" He looks you up and down, moving jerkily around the lift as he does so. "Hm... Uh huh... Perhaps... No... ...yeah. Yep. Absolutely. Yes, everyone need start somewhere. It will be a pleasure to be your first gym challenge."

Arcran
2014-12-26, 01:35 PM
As he recalls the name of the article a faint grin crosses Rex's face. Yes, he had heard of the Pokemon, even if he didn't know it.

"That would be him, yes. I understand most leaders are loathe to share information about their Pokemon as they feel it would take away some of their Gym Leader mystique or something of the like. How much are you willing to discuss about Verne? It's quite important to my research and I am more than willing to compensate you for your time in any way that I am able," Rex says, almost chuckling as Kaitlyn challenges the Gym. She didn't stand a chance.

Esprit15
2014-12-26, 02:39 PM
"Well, that is a Judged shame. If you need to be all reclusive to be mysterious, that's no fun. The best mysteries are the ones that just sit out in the open, bewildering and terrifying those who look upon them.

There are some things I cannot share about him, many of which are likely key to what you want to know." His eyes seem to light up as he thinks back. "I found the little guy when he was just a Remoraid, pretty normal as far as I could tell, maybe even a little on the gimpy side. Throughout my work here, he grew at a faster rate than expected. You ever see a Remoraid the size of a ten year old boy?" He stretches his arms out as if you show just how big the Remoraid had grown. "When he evolved, the growth didn't stop. In fact, it accelerated. I can't use him in any normal battle anymore - a single arm would fill much of the arena. Terrifying beaut he's grown into. So, what in particular interests you? If it is the specific process that I used to make him the way he is, you're out of luck. I'm not entirely sure what happened, and it certainly is not reproduceable."
Intuition please

Arcran
2014-12-26, 03:42 PM
"No special processes?" Rex says, the hope that had been building in him dashed fairly quickly. "That is rather unfortunate. Have you had his DNA sequenced and compared to a typical Remoraid? Perhaps he inherited some unique trait from an undiscovered group of monstrous Remoraid? No, we would have found things that big if they were in the ocean," Rex quickly corrects, trying to think of where to go from here.

"If you raised it in typical conditions it has to be something unique to the Remoraid. If I could ask, where did you find it?" Rex asks, deciding that would likely be the best course of action. He could test the water, possibly catch some Pokemon from the area and do some tests on them. It's far from perfect but, for all intents and purposes, it could provide a good baseline. Unfortunately, Rex doesn't have the materials needed for that kind of testing on him and trecking between Lab and Gateon would be a hassle. He would need two things if he were to do this: A Pokemon capable of catching Water-Types with ease and equipment, neither of which was likely to be cheap.

[roll0]

Gintash
2014-12-26, 04:13 PM
Sarah looks at Harr and giggles a little. "Who said anything about the beast being passive? My parents tried by themselves at first a failed. so they went back, called a family meeting and get 20 people from our family to hunt and capture the Charizard. It took them 2 weeks perusing it up huge mountains before they were finally able to corner it. When they returned to where they had left me with the rest of the family they all looked so battered and bruised. There were broken arms and ribs and a broken leg on one of my uncles. We thought they had failed till they showed us the ball they caught the beast in. So not exactly passive, nor an easy capture but they did it eventually."

Sarah listens to Rex and Harr talking about giant Pokemon and becomes interested to hear more and follows them, but she lets the two continue talking as she didn't want to interrupt them.

Not sure if you wanted me to roll to but

[roll0]

Esprit15
2014-12-28, 12:55 AM
Rex
"DNA has been sequenced, and somehow appears perfectly normal. It even says that he should be the size of a normal Octillery. I caught him on a trip to Phenac Lake, but nothing like this has happened over there. It is the most bizarre thing, as though he conflicts with reality." At the word 'reproduceable,' Sarah can swear she saw a flicker in his eye, as if his irises popped out of existence for a second. The activity distracts you from his words, but you can't think of a polite way to point it out.

Sarah
"See, that's the kind of thing that screams poachers. I don't know how well the laws are enforced in some areas, but hunting down a rare breed for weeks on end with a party of over twenty is illegal as the Void, regardless of what your parents claim."

Gintash
2014-12-28, 05:55 AM
Sarah was mad about what Harr had said about her parents, but at the same time, could not come up with an argument against him, because he was correct. They had gone quiet a bit over the top with a party of 20 people. This however, just made her madder about the subject. So she dropped the matter because there was no way that she would not admit that he was correct after insulting her parents. She instead, went to the back of the group and listened to the other talking as she tried to cool off without doing anything stupid.

Arcran
2014-12-28, 01:41 PM
Rex frowns as he thinks, trying to determine what could have caused the Remoraid's unusual growth. Assuming Harr wasn't lying, the Remoraid was genetically a usual part of its species, made doubly true by the fact that, as far as Rex knew, nobody had discovered giant Remoraid within a lake. Harr claimed to have not done anything abnormal when raising it, meaning it couldn't have been in the way it was raised. That only really left two options; something supernatural (which Rex is extremely dubious about) or some environmental mutation that Harr hadn't been able to identify. Well, two if Harr was assumed to be telling the truth; if he was lying any other conclusions were moot.

"It has to be something environmental then," Rex says, seeing no harm in exposing his findings. "Something it was exposed to either here or in Phenac Lake that managed to mutate its body without affecting its DNA. You have a bit of a conundrum," Rex says with a nervous chuckle, glancing at the Pokemon Center to see how closed to healed Clintock was.

"If it didn't appear abnormal until arriving here conventional logic would state that, prior to arriving it was normal which means the mutating event would have had to occurred here. Are you sure you didn't accidentally expose it to anything? Likely not radiation as that would have caused genetic damage but something of the like?"

"I also have one final question," Rex says, pushing his fingers together. "Have you tried Breeding it?"

Esprit15
2014-12-28, 04:19 PM
"Breeding him? He's the father of any Remoraid that I give out to people. Further evidence that it is not genetic.

Nothing accidental, no intentional radiation exposure either, lest you judge me as the kind of man who would do that. As I said, I have some ideas, but those are rather classified." His more jovial demeanor before gives way to seriousness. Perhaps he wasn't as willing to talk about Verne as people claimed. Mention him, talk about how impressive he is, sure. But, the moment you get to anything technical, he scampers away just like all the others. It was the same when Michael found you reading about triform Eevee. Sure, the paper was in the library, but that didn't mean that it was there for everyone to actually use... Even though that was kind of the opposite of the roll of a library. Secrets, secrets, why all of these secrets!?

The lift finally slams to a halt. "Now, I believe the young miss here requested a challenge against me?" He leads you all through several more rooms. Rather than empty space as your arena had, most of these rooms have deafeningly loud machinery. If the entryway machine was a trumpet, this was the whole orchestra, gears spinning at high speed and pistons slamming back and forth. The technology here seemed a lot more old fashioned, like the gears of Pyrite's old windmill Kaitlyn thinks to herself. Finally though, you turn right, leading away from the machinery. The whole top of the walkway is some sort of transparent glass, you notice. Quite thick, though it still shouldn't be able to handle the pressures down here. After all, there's not even light filtering down from above now. The weight must be enormous. Flashes of light move swiftly through the inky blackness.

"And here we are." In front of you is a room that reminds you of the first entryway, sans the massive machine in the middle. Instead is a floating platform, remarkably clean for something sitting in the water so long, teathered from all corners to the sides of a large pool.

Arcran
2014-12-28, 06:14 PM
Rex frowns again as he adjusts his glasses, disappointed in Harr. He'd expected the Leader to be a bit more forthcoming due solely to his reputation but it seems that, at the end of the day, everybody with a rare Pokemon is the same, reclusive, secret-keeping liar. Not that Rex could really blame him; if he discovered the process for making an Octillery big enough to easily sink ships he would be less than forthcoming as well.

"Thanks for your time," Rex states, trying to get one last handshake in. There was no point in leaving him with a bad impression.

Without another word Rex sets out for the city, looking about for a young, rich looking tourist to battle. He needed money if he was going to run tests at Phenac Lake, something that was in short supply currently.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-28, 06:27 PM
"SON OF A..., WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO FREAKING LOUD! the young wrestler covered her ears as she followed him. The machines' noises drilled into her skull. She was glad to get away from her, which to her felt like a death metal band than an orchestra. When she got into the area, she looked around, getting an idea of the situation. Judging from the gym's location, this is either a water gym or an electric one. If it's the later, then she should, with all due haste, tell her pokemon to GET THE H*LL AWAY FROM THE WATER!

She grabbed one of her pokeballs and waited for the gym leader. "Alright, anything I should now before we begin?"

Gintash
2014-12-28, 06:39 PM
Sarah follows then into the arena looking around as the leader gets ready. "Do you mind if I sit and watch? I don't know if I'll be battling but I probably will."

Esprit15
2014-12-29, 09:50 PM
Use this for the battle. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16-aVz799Hlp2V1oOYilIqOaqlPw1_fGqnyg8JkV5dOM/edit#gid=0)
Gym
"Nothing abnormal. Fight smart, the battle will be 2v2, no items obviously." The man sends out a Remoraid into the pool.
Post Speed and Defenses, place your first Pokemon on the map.
Alone
Rex wanders the town, still bothered by Harr's secrecy. Yes, he had his reasons, but one would think if people said he was forthcoming he should be- "Hey, watch it!" You bump into a young man, blond, in what is clearly a very expensive but none the less ugly floral shirt. The boy, probably not much older than you, picks himself off of the ground, offering you no help up and instead proceeding to get angry. "My mother got me this for our vacation here and I won't have some filthy prole getting their grime on it! And there's dirt on my slacks, now! Dirt!" It only now comes to your attention that more than a little grime made its way onto you in your short time spent at the plant. Still, where did he get off on getting mad at your for not watching where he was going?

Arcran
2014-12-30, 12:35 AM
Rex stumbles forward, looking down at his less-than clean clothing. It would appear he needed to stop by the Pokemon Center at some point to clean up a bit. Of course, there was a more pressing matter at hand right now.

"A prole?" Rex states, sliding his glasses up his nose. "You should watch what you call people, and where you're going. It could get you into trouble," Rex says, smirking slightly.

"Of course, we could always handle this like civilized people," Rex says, pushing his shirt back to reveal a belt with two Pokeballs. "Two on two. No items. You win, I get you a new shirt. When I win you compensate me for that little insult. There are some things I need from the market; buying them should do nicely."

"Do you accept? Or would you rather go running back to mommy with a dirt on your slacks?" Rex says, laying the sarcasm on rather thick for the last part.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-30, 01:18 AM
Catherine grabs Knightess's ball and calls her out. "Knightess, time for some fun!" The Riolu lands on the platform and raises her fists, ready for a good fight.

HP 46
Defense 4
Sdef 2
Speed 20

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-30, 02:45 AM
With an aquatic only pokemon, Kaitlyn knew she had to get Knightess into the water. The remoraid had an advantage, that was for sure, so she had to play it smart. "Knightess, you got no choice but to fight in it's own turf, so get in there and quick attack." The Riolu nodded, knowing the same thing. She rushed forward, but accidentally runs off the edge, causing her to fall into the water. "Crap."

[roll0] AC 2
[roll1] damage

Esprit15
2014-12-30, 11:57 PM
Gym
As Knightess falls in, she feels the high pressure of the water press into her fur, soaking the Riolu right away. Harr shakes his head. "I expected to have to lure you into the water, at least. Don't you know to never fight on the enemy's terms? Charge Beam, steady aim." The Remoraid leaps out of the water, aiming straight down at the Riolu. The water crackles with sparks for a few moments. Knightess takes 28 Special Electric damage. The Remoraid looks a little more focused after the attack.
Knightess enters the water. Knightess is now Water/Fighting type.
Remoraid gains +1 Sp. Attack stage.

A reminder, all damages are before stats and type.
Outside
"Hah! I'll be looking good in my new shirt that you buy me!" By the sound of it, he was a Kalosan tourist. It would certainly explain the "better than you" attitude. The young man throws out a black and red ball with gold trim, releasing a monkey with fire on its rear.

Arcran
2014-12-31, 12:21 AM
"Pride comes before the fall," Rex states, a smirk on his face. "How about I make this easy for you? A Steel Type, just so this battle has some semblance of fairness," Rex states, dropping Clintock's Pokeball right in front of him. The opponent was a Chimchar, first in line of the Infernape family. What was with all the Fighting or soon-to-be Fighting Pokemon in Gateon? Was there something he didn't know?

As the Pokemon was still a Chimchar it was, in all likeliness, still at a level approximately equal to Clint's, assuming the Trainer wasn't one of the odd "Underdog" types, in which case the Aron could be in trouble. Odds were it knew little past basic attacks and possibly Ember, meaning this battle would be an easy win.

"Let's begin," Rex says, keeping a careful eye on the Chimchar, looking for anything abnormal.

3 Physical Evasion, 2 Special Evasion, no Status Evasion
3 Speed

Pokemon Education to check out the chimp: [roll0]

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 12:30 AM
You can't tell much. Male, probably as tough as your toughest Pokemon. It was well bred, you can tell, but you don't know how this would manifest. An egg move, perhaps? "Let's be cautious. Don't want to make a mess of your fur." The Chimchar inches closer, watching Clintock warily.

Arcran
2014-12-31, 12:39 AM
"Clint, same as always. Lock it down," Rex states, not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. He was sure that the Chimchar would be hitting him soon. The only question was with what?

Clint uses Harden.

4 Defense Evasion now.

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 12:53 AM
"Defense spam? No, uh-uh. I came her for a fight, not for someone to sit on their pud until their Pokemon turns into a brick. Taunt." The Chimchar starts screeching and hollering, enraging Clintock. Now wasn't a time for defense! Hit the Judged monkey!

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-31, 12:58 AM
"WHAT! CHARGE BEAM!" she was surprised. She had no idea a Remoraid could learn that. Knightess was in for a shock, both metaphorically and literally. She was hit hard, but luckily, she was a tough one. She quickly jumped out of the water and went to the center of the dock. "She doesn't have any ranged attacks. What was I supposed to do?" She then began to think. She can't stay in the water, so the dock was the only choice. Thing is, it's his arena, so he must have some sort of plan for people who fight on the dock only. Thing is, what? "Knightess, do you think...?" she began to say, but the Riolu already knew what she was thinking and she nods back. "Okay." She then just stayed there, ready to take one for the team to find out his answer.

Arcran
2014-12-31, 01:02 AM
"Well then, it appear we have a fight," Rex says, smirking slightly, although the smile was more than a little strained.

"Blind him," the Trainer says simply. "Mud Slap, and aim for the eyes."

Despite being enraged the Aron has just enough sanity to make note of the fact that he has used a Move he hardly ever touches twice in a single day as he darts forward, eyes burning as a spray of mud flies towards the chimp.

Rex uses Focused Command!

Clint uses Mud Slap!

AC 2: [roll0]
Lowers Accuracy by 1 of target.

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 01:10 AM
Gym
"Yes, it is a gym. This is us going easy, and you will find more of the same," the man sighs. Knightess is unable to respond as a Remoraid is holding her out of the water so she does not sink and drown. "The point of this gym is to demonstrate use of the terrain and make you think about how to respond to it. The high water pressure instantly saturates anything that falls into it, making them highly susceptible to Electical attacks, something that in a hydroelectric plant, we are all quite familiar with. Remoraid are capable of a wide variety of move types known through TMs and breeding."

Outside
"Hah, nothing but a scratch. Knock him out!" The Chimchar sheiks, leaping forward at the Aron... And missing entirely.

Arcran
2014-12-31, 01:18 AM
"A scratch and enough distraction to do that," Rex says, smirking. This battle was going exactly according to plan, although the electricity coating the hand of the Chimchar was slightly concerning. He'd need to end this battle quickly or it could swing the other way very quickly.

"Rex, show him how you really hit. Headbutt," Rex states, watching the Aron dive forward.

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 01:25 AM
Outside
The Chimchar should have avoided the attack, but it was acting too carelessly. Hardly a surprise. "Keep trying!" The Chimchar swings again, this time connecting solidly, for 38 Physical Electric damage.

Gym
Harr looks in surprise when the Riolu shoves the Remoraid away. "I suppose we also teach when to accept a loss. Don't kill the poor thing." The Remoraid nods before shoving the Riolu away with a blast of water, dealing 34 Special Water damage.

Arcran
2014-12-31, 01:31 AM
"Not bad. Not bad at all," Rex says, nodding approvingly as the attack sends waves of electricity across Clint's body. "You came prepared for the Water types that everybody seems to use here. Unfortunately, we're quite a bit tougher than that. Clint, finish him. Tackle him," Rex says, unfortunately unable to hit with his full strength.

The Aron quickly backs up a few feet before leaping forward, intent on ending this battle before he's hit with another Thunder Punch.

Clint: 42/59 HP

AC 3: [roll0]

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 01:43 AM
The Chimshar screeches as it goes down. "Oh come on, the sun was in his eyes when he missed!" Yeah, and his point was...? "Fine! Next Pokemon!" He sends out a green, blobby looking mon, which emitted noxious fumes as soon as it opened its mouth.

"Two can play at the mud slinging game!" The Gulpin makes a coughing noise, hacking a brownish phlegm at the Aron's eyes, dealing 12 Special Ground damage and lowering accuracy by 1.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-31, 01:47 AM
Kaitlyn recalled her Riolu after that last attack. "My fault, girl. Should have known better." she had a good mind for tactics. Problem is, she can be too foolish to use it. She knows this and every time something happens like this where she could have avoided something like this by thinking before acting, she always gets her head back in the game. "Alright, not making the same mistake twice! S-show, you're up!" Her voice shows her new found confidence. "I may have already lost, but I don't know how to give up."

HP 55
Def 8
SDef 4
Speed 4

Arcran
2014-12-31, 01:49 AM
"Does 'sun' mean 'mud' in Kalosian? If so, you're right," Rex says, doing his best to disguise his concern as Rex is hit by the mud. A great deal is deflected off his armor but, unfortunately, it does a bit more damage than Rex would have liked. A lucky hit could spell trouble for Clint but it would take just that: dumb luck.

"Clint, let's end this quickly. Tear him apart," Rex says, doing his best to sound bored. "Even with your mud, what hope does a Poison-type stand against a Steel-Type? Your best attacks are ineffectual at best."

As Rex taunts the Aron leaps forward, metal claws tearing into the gelatinous blob.

Clint: 38/59 HP

Using an AP to boost Clint's Accuracy by 1.

Metal Claw! Steel, Physical.
Boost Attack by 1 on 18+

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 02:01 AM
Gym
"Careful, that cocky attitude will get you into trouble one day, young lady. Let's see how you respond to half of a chance. Focus." The Remoraid watches the new arrival intently, following its every movement with laser focus.

Outside
"Just keep going. He has to go down eventually!" The Gulpin hacks again, this one going right in the Aron's pupils, causing the beetle to panic a little, taking 18 Special Ground damage, accuracy going down by 1.

Arcran
2014-12-31, 02:08 AM
Rex bites his tongue as he is figuratively forced to eat his words. Nervous, Rex fidgets with his glasses. He could leave Clint in and have him get the most out of the battle or return him, ensuring he took no further harm but cutting his learning significantly. Punnet could burn the Pokemon to a crisp effortlessly, but was that too great a risk?

"Clint, stop panicking and cut him apart," Rex states, doing his best to soothe the Aron. "Just keep hitting him and ignore the mud. You've had worse. He'll go down long before you do, trust me."

As the Aron blinks back the pain of mud in its eyes it darts forward again, attempting to claw the Gulpin to bits.

Clint: 22/58 HP
That gives us an Injury.

Metal Claw! Steel, Physical.
Boost Attack by 1 on 18+

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 02:13 AM
The Gulpin yelps a little, but remains stoic. Predictably, it spits more slime at the Aron, dealing 16 Special Ground and further lowering accuracy.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-31, 02:14 AM
"Alright, focus as well. Energy that is." she said as the Machop let his adrenaline rush through his body, getting pumped for the upcoming fight.

Focus energy

Arcran
2014-12-31, 02:17 AM
Rex flinches as Clint is hit once more. Another hit like that would lay him low, but a hit like the first would hardly phase him. It was a gamble at this point, although a Pokemon taking three hits from Clint would be few and far between...

"Clint, finish him off with a headbutt. You're doing great," Rex says, hoping that this will end the battle.

With a roar the Aron dives forward, slamming its head into the Gulpin.

Clint: 10/58 HP

Rex uses Focused Command. Probably should just assume he does this unless I note otherwise.

Headbutt! Normal, Physical.

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 02:25 AM
The Winner, by Good Strategy and Just a Smidgen of Luck
The Gulpin doesn't so much go down as slump a little more. "No, impossible. You had to have cheated somehow!"
60 EXP to the badass Aron!

That Other Guy Gal
"Hm, not a total waste. At the same time, could have spent your time doing something more useful, like maneuver." The Remoraid swims over to a corner of the platform, still watching like a hawk.

Arcran
2014-12-31, 02:33 AM
"Cheated? Only if being better than you is cheating," Rex states, striding over to Clint and inspecting him, making sure there wasn't any lasting damage. That would be rather unfortunate but, fortunately, it seems to be just some heavy irritation around his eyes. Uncomfortable, but nothing the Pokemon Center couldn't easily handle.

"Take a break Clintock. You earned it," Rex says quietly, returning the Aron to his Pokeball.

"Now, about our wager. I believe you owe me a shopping trip, if you're quite done whining," Rex states, sliding his glasses up the bridge of his nose so the light reflects off them.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-31, 02:37 AM
"Alright S-Show, leer." The Machop eyes the Remoraid as it maneuvers around the dock. He walks closer, giving it an intimidating glare.
[roll0] AC2

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 02:56 AM
Winner
"Yeah, whatever! Just keep it under 3000! It's all I got on me!"

Champ in the Making?
"Hm, not what I would have done. You do know that moves like Leer tend to be of little use, right? Hit it, now. Water gun." The Remoraid fires a gush of water, right in the chest for 33 Special Water damage.

Arcran
2014-12-31, 03:13 AM
Rex ***** an eyebrow in surprise. 3,000? That was hardly chump change.

"I suppose I can manage that," Rex states, making his way towards the Pokemon Center.

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 03:31 AM
The nurse looks at you and your Aron, then the young man and his unconscious Pokemon. "Yours will be a while," she says to the defeated trainer. "Pretty badly beat up. The Aron is just scuffed a little, we should be able to polish it up really quickly."

Arcran
2014-12-31, 03:35 AM
Rex can't help but smirk a little at that. He tries to hide it, he really does, but that statement gives him no small degree of satisfaction.

"Looks like we'll be waiting a bit. May as well get to know one another," Rex says, offering a hand. "The name is Alexander. And you would be?"

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-31, 03:40 AM
"I'm not taking any chances. Short version of my thinking, I'm lowering the risks in an already high risk maneuver. One that I wouldn't do if I had another choice. KARATE CHOP!"

[roll0] AC2 14-20 crit
[roll1]+15 attack

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 03:48 AM
Needs to Make More Sacrifices to the RNG Goddess
The Remoraid gracefully swims out of the way. "Might I suggest not diving headfirst into the water? It isn't going well for you. Charge Beam. Again." The Remoraid once again fires a blast of electricity, now at the Machop, connecting for 32 Special Electric Damage.
A reminder once again that you are Water/Fighting

Making Me Name Random NPC's
"Louis," the trainers says after a time. "Why do you care?" He refuses to make any sort of eye contact, seeming to resent that he must acknowledge your existence.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-31, 04:06 AM
After the miss, she sighed as she pulled out the pokeball, knowing what was about to happen. She recalled her Machop the moment it fainted."What do you suggest when my options are melee attacks or hope to Archeus that you use physical attack so I can use counter?"

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 04:49 AM
"Don't be a one trick pony? Don't rely on your opponent to play into your hands? You're stuck coming into melee range against me. If I had a Pidgey that used nothing but Gust, I could have beaten you without a chance of you beating me. Your Pokémon wasted time trying to get into melee range with me, and it hurt them to do so.

What would you do if this were serious? What if you were in danger? Your Pokémon are woefully unprepared. Neither of them can fire at a range. They both are the same type, with easy to pick weaknesses. My Remoraid is unscathed and tore through your team, and if you went in there to fight it, I would expect more of the same. You have to think, prepare, go on the offense. You can blame luck all you want, but I didn't even have to try.

Does this make sense, or am I falling on deaf ears?"

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-31, 05:02 AM
"I think I do. Just because I am fighting-type specialist doesn't mean I can't branch out just to have all grounds covered. I need ranged pokemon not just so I got a better chance of winning matches like this, but also for survivability."

Arcran
2014-12-31, 05:19 AM
"Because I'm bored," Rex says, not feeling any need to be anything but blunt with the boy. "Where are you from? From the accent I assume Kalos, correct?" Rex asks, not making any attempt to make eye contact with the boy at this point.

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 06:05 AM
Gym
"Good. I hope the next time I see you there is evidence of your having take. What I say to heart." He looks over to Sarah. "Well, you've seen the gym battle. Still interested?"

Nosey
"Yeah, Kalos. Look, we can go find you a TM or something while we wait. It isn't as though we have to sit here for an hour."

Gintash
2014-12-31, 07:11 AM
Sarah scratches her chin for a moment before smiling "Sure, why not, worst that happens is I lose my first gym battle, I won't be the first nor the last person to do that" She says as she walks over to one side of the arena readying her Pokeball before taking a moment to think. "Might I ask that you heal your Pokemon first. The last battle I got into the guy had already made it basically impossible for me to win so I think I'll be a little over cautious at this point."

Arcran
2014-12-31, 02:01 PM
"Fine by me," Rex states, standing up and making his way towards the Pokemart, trying to make a list of all the equipment he'll need for testing Lake Phenac.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-12-31, 02:28 PM
"I need to get mine fixed up as well, so mind pointing me to the nearest medical facility here?"

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 02:54 PM
Gym
"Well seeing as he went untouched in the last fight, there isn't much to heal. He should be calming down from that combat stage right now as well, so if it is quite alright I'll just leave him out." The fish swims back over to its starting spot. Harr looks over to Kaitlyn. "Well the nearest one is on one of the upper floors, and you can't operate the lift. Just stick around and watch the battle. Maybe your friend here will show you a thing or two.

Ready?"

Outside
"So whatcha need?"

Arcran
2014-12-31, 03:47 PM
"Some equipment for running some tests in Phenac Lake," Rex says, not bothering to elaborate exactly what that meant. "If I can't get anything good for that price I suppose a TM will have to suffice," Rex says, making his way to the Pokemart and, upon arrival, checking to see if there was any equipment that would allow him to test the water in Phenac lake or, if it is available, some sort of quick test to determine genetic variance in a Pokemon.

As requested:
Technology: [roll0]
General: [roll1]

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 04:02 PM
"Water sampling? Gene testing? I'm not sure we carry anything for that... Let me check the back. Normally we just have stuff for field medicine, but we occasionally bring in a small shipment of other stuff..." The clerk heads behind their counter. You can hear what sounds like a lot of boxes being moved around. After several minutes, he comes back, a medium sized box. "Nothing on gene testing, but I've got just about every type of water sampling kit you could imagine needing." He certainly wasn't exaggerating there. pH, oxygen, carbon, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, copper, specific gravity, magnesium, sodium, and several others all sit in a box. "The tag says 5000₽, but since I can't see us ever selling it, I'll cut it in half. 2500₽.

Gintash
2014-12-31, 04:07 PM
"Sure. Come out Braino." Sarah throws a Pokeball out to reveal a Ralts sitting in one side of the dock. "Ready whenever you are."

HP = 43
Defense = 6
Sp Defense = 8
Speed = 9

Arcran
2014-12-31, 04:27 PM
Rex smiles somewhat, glad that the testing equipment is so little in demand. There were still a few things he would like to purchase before he leaves, specifically an Egg Case; after all, he didn't want to risk his Pokemon Eggs becoming damaged en route to Phenac Lake, but he was almost there, especially with Clintock finally growing into his strength.

"I believe you take over here," Rex states, adding a Revive and a Burn Heal to the cart before stepping aside, allowing Louis to fulfill his end of the bargain. "If you want to come back later for a rematch I'd be more than willing to make the same wager," the Trainer adds, not able to resist one last taunt. As-is, he needed to find a way to either pay for travel or get enough food for the journey. Traveling by foot would likely be more conducive to a stronger team, although a hovertruck would be quicker. He'd have to compare food prices to what a truck would cost; after all, Phenac Lake isn't going anywhere. Time isn't exactly of the essence.

Esprit15
2014-12-31, 04:42 PM
Gym
Harr nods. "Well you're too far right now, so let's cut to the chase: Charge Beam, keep 'er steady." The Remoraid fires a pulse of yellow light at the Ralts on the dock, shocking the poor thing for 31 Special Electric damage.

Rex
Plus you remember that the massive desert that someone decided to build Phenac in is mostly inhospitable, save for a thin river that runs from Oasis Lake to Phenac Lake. Not something you want to walk. The boy grumbles at paying for your medical supplies and you both return to the Center largely unimpeded.
(Putting you on hold until this gym battle is over)

Arcran
2014-12-31, 05:30 PM
Rex, now bored with more than a little time to kill, simply opens up his Pokedex, browsing through the various entries, specifically looking for entries on Ralts, Machop, Pancham and Riolu. He wasn't really sure why he bothered, but he had time to kill. He also briefly looks at how much purchasing a Breeding License would cost to get in both money and time; after all, some supplemental income couldn't hurt.

Gintash
2014-12-31, 09:12 PM
"Braino return fire" Sarah calls out as the Ralts moves a little closer before looking at the Remoraid holding its head.

Confusion
Confused on 19-20 Accuracy roll

Accuracy = [roll0]
Damage = [roll1]

Ralts health = 20

Esprit15
2015-01-01, 07:27 AM
The Remoraid looks around, suddenly disoriented. "Relax, just take your time and aim a Water Gun..." Harr says, voice slightly pleading. But the fish looks around again, a panicked look coming across its face as it suddenly starts headbutting the dock, rather hard by the look of it.

Gintash
2015-01-01, 06:46 PM
"Alright! Great job Braino, now go again!" Sarah says as the Ralts once again takes a-hold of its head.

Confusion again

Accuracy = [roll0]
Damage = [roll1]

Esprit15
2015-01-01, 08:43 PM
"Come on, focus!" The Remoraid shakes its head and seems to clear up for a moment. The fish swims forward a little and with pinpoint precision shoots a pulse of water at the Ralts, knocking it back with enough force to push it into the water, and dealing 33 Special Water damage.
Even number roll triggers Crashing Wake, pushing Braino back 1m. Braino is Water/Psychic type for 5 turns. This happens after the Water Gun.

Gintash
2015-01-01, 10:43 PM
The Ralts falls onto the dock, unconscious from the attack. "Damn. Well you did your best so come back now girl." Sarah says as she returns the Ralts into its Pokeball.

"Alright, not much choice but lets rock Bear!" Sarah says as she sends out a Pancham to the dock in front of her.

HP = 61
Defense = 10
SP Defense = 8
Speed = 6

Esprit15
2015-01-02, 03:57 AM
"Not bad, but too little too late. Psybeam." The Remoraid regains focus and leaps out of the water, firing a flashing pulse of light at the Pancham. Bear takes 34 Special Psychic damage.

Gintash
2015-01-02, 08:10 PM
"Damn, I didn't expect you to have a Psychic attack. Alright, Let's go down fighting Bear, like always, move up close and then hit him with everything you've got!" Sarah calls out as the Pancham gets up after the hit and runs right next to the Remoraid before attempting to hit it.

Probably his last move as he has less than 10 HP left but may as well go out swinging

Karate Chop
Crit on 17+

Accuracy = [roll0]
Damage = [roll1]

Esprit15
2015-01-02, 09:25 PM
The Remoraid goes flying out of the pool, into Harr's arms. "Well, that was unexpected. You may turn this around yet..." He sends out a Chinchou on the other end of the field, in the water.

Gintash
2015-01-02, 11:27 PM
".... Well, didn't expect that to happen but lets hope for the best here, Bear, go again" Sarah says, she is visibly worried about the Pancham. As it runs up to the Chinchou, jumping into the water before swinging at it.

Didn't expect that to happen but lets see what Pancham has got.

Karate Chop
Crit on 17+

Accuracy = [roll0]
Damage = [roll1]

Esprit15
2015-01-03, 01:42 AM
"Electro-ball." The Chinchou spins, electricity arcing off of it as it swims away from the Pancham, angular velocity increasing like a dynamo. Suddenly, a pulse of electricity comes off of the Chinchou, frying the poor bear, who takes 33 Special Electric damage (subtract Speed as well).

Gintash
2015-01-03, 02:54 AM
Bear gets hit by the Electro Ball hard which sends him flying and lands next to Sarah who quickly runs over to check that he is alright. She sighs, smiling a little before returning him to his Pokeball. She then walks over to Harr presenting her hand as she smiles. "Well, it was a fun battle, I lost, but it was fun none the less, and I learnt a few things. I'll have to come back here after I've trained a bit more for a rematch."

Esprit15
2015-01-03, 04:29 AM
"Indeed. You've quite a little crit-fisher there. Gave me a bit of a start, actually." Harr recalls the Chinchou and places the ball in a stand, which flies off through a neumatic tube. "Anything else, young ladies?" he says and he pulls a lever and you jolt upwards.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-03, 08:00 AM
"Where do you suggest I go around here to get some decent ranged pokemon?"

Esprit15
2015-01-03, 05:57 PM
"Nearst place? Right off the docks. Otherwise, most places with wilds. And everything can learn a ranged move from tutors or TMs, though that's more expensive."

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-03, 07:09 PM
"Alright, I'll go see if there is a good one off the docks."

Gintash
2015-01-04, 10:45 PM
"Not really, but I'll be sure to come back when I have gained a few gym badges to give you a better battle next time" Sarah says smiling. "Do you have any suggestions on where I should head from here though? Not really sure what would be a good direction to go."

Esprit15
2015-01-05, 06:16 AM
Duo
"Well, that depends on what you want to do. As far as battling, all I can say is variety is what matters, even to and especially to a type specialist. Think about who does what well, and who has what weaknesses. This goes for types as well as roles. Not everyone can hit like a tank. Some Pokemon are born supporters. Someone has to be the one to set up Stealth Rocks and Toxic Spikes, and someone has to be the one to make sure that the enemy does not. Someone has to tank hits for your sweepers, and you if things go badly.

Unless you mean in town, in which case I can't help you there. Your friend seems eager to go fishing, I'd try the cliff face near the docks." The lift lurches, bringing you to the second floor from the top. Harr guides you out, handing you some earplugs as you move into the room with the roaring machine. As you guys cross the bridge back to shore, you see two figures running through the crowd. The first is a lankier guy, blue spiked haired and shorter than the other but still taller than either of you. All the hair and sharp angles of his face remind you of a Carvanah, somewhat. The other is much taller, at least two meters tall with dirty blond hair. Kaitlyn gets the impression that he either boxed or was some kind of wrestler, based on physique. "...both idiots, but where do you want us to cut her off? Where are you actually going?" The shorter man is holding his hand to some kind of earpiece, apparently having some kind of conversation with someone on the other end. Well, quietly yelling. Clearly aggravated by something on the other end. The big guy just stays behind, following like some kind of bodyguard.

By the railing are people who want no part in what was going on, fishing off the cliffside. One person is reeling up a blue clam the size of a beach ball, so clearly some of the Pokemon are biting.

Solo
Looking at the Breeding License, it was certainly a steep start-up cost: 50 000₽ for a license to sell eggs and Pokemon. A bit more than other businesses, but most pages say that it is justified. Higher costs reduce the amount of suppliers, helping weed out some unscrupulous people, which had been a huge problem in the past. Of course, there are pages of people opposed to the high price, going on and on about the economics of a small pool of suppliers and competition and preventing small businesses. Still, the law was the law. General Education or Intuition check
Annoyed, you head outside to get some fresh air, thinking on other ways to make money so you can make mo - Why is the head of Cryptozoology running through the stree - Why have I lost - OOF! Before you can complete any of your thoughts, something shoves you out of the way and into the wall of the Center. "...up for a moment and listen! Arceus, you're both such idiots! I've run this woman down all the way from the muking Krabby Klub and am just now passing the Center. Why is that so hard to understand!?" A short, red headed girl in a business suit comes charging past you a moment after you hit the wall, yelling into some kind of Bluetooth.

Athletics Checks if you're going to follow

Arcran
2015-01-05, 10:48 AM
"What the hell?" Rex mutters, more from surprise at the string of events than any actual pain.

Somebody was in pursuit of the head of Cryptozoology, that much was clear. That same somebody had shoved him into the Pokemon Center for little apparent reason; that was clear too.

On a typical day either one would have been enough to get Rex's attention. After both and the Breeding License BS? Well, that was worth special attention.

"Punn, get out here," Rex says, voice emotionless. "Red hair and suit. Pursue," Rex states, sprinting after the woman, the Quilava quickly overtaking him in the pursuit.

General Education: [roll0]
Rex Athletics: [roll1]
Punnet Athletics: [roll2]

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-05, 04:05 PM
Earplugs. Thank Arceus. she said in her head as she put them in and exited. Once she was out, she looked over to the docks and then realised she once again overlooked a crucial detail. He meant fishing. she sighed as she came to that realisation. He had no rods and a simple string and stick is only going to get her a Magikarp. She didn't want to spend the time to train it into a Gyarados, so she should either find someone willing to loan a rod or head out to...

Once she saw the two mean running with one with an earpiece, she knew something was going on. She had to see what it was. Odds are, especially with "cut her off," they were chasing someone. She began to run after them, hoping that either they were chasing a criminal or something or they were pushovers.

[roll0] athletics

Gintash
2015-01-06, 02:24 PM
"Alright, thanks Harr" Sarah says as she walks out before seeing the two people running. She then see's Kaitlyn running off after them and decides not to be the only one left out and runs after them.

Athletics = [roll0]

Esprit15
2015-01-06, 06:07 PM
Ladies
Unfortunately, the men both seem to run with renewed strength as you begin to pursue them. One looks behind, and makes direct eye contact with you. As you follow the two men through a crowd of tourists, you find that suddenly there is only one man, the large one, barreling down the streets far faster than you.
Perception, if you guys stop for a moment to look around for the other guy

Gentleman
The Quilava quickly catches up to the panting woman, who looks like she's going to have an asthma attack or something. You're still a little ways back, but it's doubtful that she can keep up her pace for long. Just ahead, the scientist takes a tumble, collapsing in the street from exhaustion.

You're near enough to attack, though she does see the Quilava chasing her. Punnet is faster than her.
Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16-aVz799Hlp2V1oOYilIqOaqlPw1_fGqnyg8JkV5dOM/edit#gid=1574837065)

Arcran
2015-01-06, 07:00 PM
"Punn, distraction!" Rex shouts, trying to finish closing the distance. He'd be no help from this far away!

Further down the street, Punnet begins to pick up speed, leaping into the air and spitting a ball of concentrated smoke towards the woman in a suit, attempting to make it impossible for her to continue the chase and, hopefully, buy some time for Rex to catch up.

Punnet uses Smokescreen on the woman!

Gintash
2015-01-07, 08:27 PM
"Damn, there is no way I can keep up with him, where did the other guy go?" Sarah asks herself as she looks around the crowd to try and find him.

[roll0]

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-07, 09:39 PM
"Yea, Why do I get the feeling he is hiding under our noses?" she says as she looks around her, making sure not to neglect behind her as a possibility.

[roll0]

Esprit15
2015-01-08, 04:16 AM
Not a Nice Guy
"Because he is," Kaitlyn hears from in front of her as she looks behind. At the same time, she feels a burst of pain in the side of her knee. As she turns around, she sees the man they were following, and doubles over as he swings another kick right into her kneecap, pain flashing throughout her leg that was until recently supporting her. A flame flies by Sarah's head from a black hound, singeing her hair but otherwise leaving her unharmed.
Surprise round!

Kaitlyn takes 41 Physical Fighting Damage! The unknown attacker triggers Cruelty! Kaitlyn gains 1 injury, and takes 2 irresistible damage! That's gotta hurt!

Houndour misses Sarah with Ember.

Map! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16-aVz799Hlp2V1oOYilIqOaqlPw1_fGqnyg8JkV5dOM/edit#gid=289472145) Remember to place your Pokemon on the map as you send them out. Yes, Harr had them healed as though at a Center after your matches. Your Riolu should still be sitting on one injury, Goldclaw.

Post your speeds and defenses, everyone! If you've got a speed of 14 or more, you can react now! Otherwise, simply post stats here.

The Original Psychic Bitch
"Muk. Back off, punk! Hate to hurt such a... eh, not that pretty a face." She skips forward, speaking nonchalantly. "Why'd you try to run, Umbra? See, now I'm going to have to kill this young man here," she says, gesturing towards you. "He probably had a promising future as an... accountant? Yeah, accountant. We need those, you know. Not everyone can chase fantasies like you." She kneels down to the Quilava, almost making a kissy face to it before tapping a spot in the air in front of her. "No." A faint, pink aura shimmers between the small woman and the Quilava, encircling the fire type. She taps the device in her ear. "Damian, Miles, hurry it up. I've got some punk playing hero." She sounds more annoyed than rushed.
Ennis used Barrier! Punnet is surrounded by 2m high walls.

You have arrived on the map. You are faster, and so act with Punnet.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-08, 07:29 AM
Vital throw as a reaction

Auto hits
[roll0] damage

"ARGH!" Kaitlyn yelled out. The strike was a painful one, but still, she fought through the pain and gets ready to counter the next attack. The pain was lasting though, so she need to get that looked at soon.

Kaitlyn
DEF 10
SDEF 6
Speed 6

[roll1] if another vital through moment arrives
[roll2] grapple check

Arcran
2015-01-08, 10:31 AM
"If you're going to make a death threat, make it count," Rex says simply, nodding towards Punnet. Without hesitation the Quilava springs upward, easily sailing over the wall. As he crosses the top of the barrier a small flame appears in its mouth that rapidly becomes a massive jet, billowing forth towards the woman in the suit.

Punnet got a 20 on his check to clear the Barrier. I'm going to assume that does it. :smalltongue: Rex also uses Focused Training before Punn tries to jump.

FLAMETHROWER TIME BITCH

Stats: Rex
14 Speed
2 Overall Evasion

Punn
18 Speed
3 Overall Evasion

Gintash
2015-01-08, 05:27 PM
Sarah steps back a bit, worried about the battle as she sends out Bear. "We can't hurt any bystanders Bear, you have to be careful. Now lets take down that Pokemon!" The Pancham Comes out of its Pokeball and immediately stares down the hound.

Sarah
HP = 63/65
Defense = 7
SP Defense = 5
Speed = 12

Bear
HP = 62
Defense = 10
SP Defense = 9
Speed = 6

I use my hunter ability to make the "black hound" our quarry so we get +1 accuracy and +2 skill checks when used against said quarry.

Esprit15
2015-01-08, 07:01 PM
No Longer Surprised
Some people begin to run away, panicking at the sudden brawl. Most locals just give you a wide space and keep walking by, some stopping to snap pictures or take video. "Rawf, take the big one." In a burst of speed he moves toward Sarah, swinging his leg at the girl's ankles, but just misses. The Hounour spits more flames at the wrestler, searing her clothes and skin for 29 Special Fire Damage.
Thug attempted to trip Sarah, but missed!

Houndour uses Ember on Kaitlyn.

Not as Injured
As Punnet reaches the apex of his jump, the flames go wide as his flightpath suddenly changes, forward momentum stopping entirely. The ground in front of the woman is scorched, but she is perfectly fine. "I always deliver on promises. Unless I was lying, but that wasn't a lie. Hold still, dear!" she says, apparently referring to the Quilava. As Punnet comes down to the ground, he doesn't actually land, slowly floating down to just above the ground. "Now," she says, stepping back towards the smoke, eyes firmly focused on the Quilava, "Let's not get hasty. Perhaps we can cut a deal? Your Quilava for your life? I've always wanted a Cyndaquil, but this will do instead." She smiles, one hand on a ball as the other points to Punnet.
Punnet is Grappled! Roll Combat to try to escape. DC 14.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-08, 07:39 PM
Kaitlyn screamed out in pain as she was signed by the flames. Still she remain standing as she grab a Super potion and sprayed it on her injury. She then calls out her machop "I may go out here, but right now, focus your adrenaline." S-Show then nods as he gets pumped. This was their first serious fight.

Super potion -> Kaitlyn
S-show Focus energy

S-Show
Def 8
SDef 4
Speed 4

Arcran
2015-01-08, 08:15 PM
Checked with cast; a tie goes to the Defender on a Grapple.

Punn was not quite so easily trapped; with a quick jet of flame the Quilava breaks free from the telekinetic grapple, dashing forward to pursue the woman in a suit.

"Punn, focus. Hit her right between the eyes," Rex states, dashing across the battlefield so he would (hopefully) be near enough to patch up Punn should the psychic woman harm him.

Punn was already firing the burst when Rex gives the command, a burning ball of embers flying right at the psychic.

Rex uses Focused Command!

Punn uses Ember!
AC: [roll0], Burns on 18+

Gintash
2015-01-11, 04:40 AM
"Bear, lets go!" Sarah says as the Pancham runs towards and swings at the black hound.

Karate Chop

Accuracy = [roll0] (+1 from quarry against it)
Damage = [roll1]

Esprit15
2015-01-12, 12:55 AM
Girls
The Pancham slams the Houndour, sending the poor hound sprawling across the pavement. The man is still smiling, though, swinging a foot at Sarah's knee for 23 Physical Fighting Damage.
A reminder to actually put your Pokemon on the map.

Guy
"Dear, my eyes are up here." The girl tosses a ball out towards Rex while making a gun gesture with her hands. "Sting him." A large, yellow honeycomb Pokemon with a red mark between its three smiling faces flies out of a ball right next to you, stinging you right in the chest before flying straight up into the air for 46 Physical Bug damage.

"BANG!" But nothing happens. She looks at her hand, slightly confused.
If Rex has a consumable held item (I don't think he does), it is destroyed and Bee gains its benefit.

Bee is 4m up.

Gintash
2015-01-12, 03:04 AM
Sarah screams as the kick connects with her knee before limping back a bit. Bear, having taken down the Houndour, looks over when he hears his master scream and in a flight of rage runs over to her attacker swinging.

Sarah
HP = 47/65
Defense = 7
SP Defense = 5
Speed = 12

Bear
HP = 62
Defense = 10
SP Defense = 9
Speed = 6

Arm Thrust

Accuracy = [roll0]
Damage = [roll1]

Arcran
2015-01-12, 10:37 AM
As the Combee stabs him in the chest Rex staggers backwards, looking at the not-insubstantial hole that had just appeared in his chest. More than slightly worried, Rex plucks a Potion from his pack and sprays it over the wound, breathing a sight of relief as the healing agents begin to knit his flesh back together, even if just barely. Sure, it put him at a greater risk later but not dying right now seemed somehow more important.

"Punn!" Rex cries, a note of panic in his tone. "A little help!"

The Quilava, as always, is quick to respond, bounding across the field in a few short strides to arrive below the giant floating bug, ignoring the woman in a suit for a precious few seconds to bail his trainer out.

Rex: 24/65, 44/65 after Potion - 2 Injuries
Punn: 70/70

Rex uses a Potion on himself! Has Medic Training, so nothing too nasty applies here.

Punn moves under Combee; not sure how you want this represented on the map.
Punn uses Flamethrower!
AC: [roll0] Burns 19+

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-12, 03:46 PM
Kaitlyn was wounded, but she is still standing. She wasn't out of the fight yet. She rushed forward with her machop. Kaitlyn dropped down at the last second, sweeping at man's legs. She would then quickly get up, in case if the man was still conscious after that and what the machop had planned. The machop would jump up and bring down a karate chop on the man's shoulder

[roll0] AC2 low sweep
[roll1] Damage

[roll2] AC2 (crit on 14+ due to focus energy) Karate chop
[roll3] damage (if not crit)

Esprit15
2015-01-12, 04:10 PM
Girls
The guy is slammed into the ground by the Machop, his shoulder looking pretty bad. People who were watching begin to disperse, the interesting events over.
4 Athletics checks if you guys are immediatly chasing after the guy.

Safe as the Broad Side of a Barn
The woman is nearly laughing by now. "You know what, keep the Quilava. Bee, divebomb." She makes another hand gun shape, firing at the Quilava, who is suddenly wracked by pain, taking 22 Special Psychic damage. The Combee comes down, slamming into you for 24 Physical Bug.

Arcran
2015-01-12, 04:24 PM
"DAMN IT PUNN! HIT SOMETHING!" Rex shouts, losing his cool as he's stabbed once more, quickly releasing Clint by his side. He'd need a Pokemon if he didn't want to go down here and, by the looks of it, Punn wasn't going to be much help.

The Quilava begins to lose its cool as well, hastily firing off a mass of embers at the Combee without much concern for aim.

Rex: 25/65 after Potion - 3 Injuries
Punn: 55/70

Rex uses Focused Training. Releases Clint in his square as a Shift Action.

Punn uses Ember
AC: [roll0] Burns 18+

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-12, 04:25 PM
Kaitlyn sighed in relief after all of that. "Nice job S-show. Return." The machop the returned into the ball. She had no idea where the big guy was, but she was not going to search. She was a powerhouse fighter, not a athletic one. Still she began running in that direction after saying to Sarah "I'm going to see if I can't find the big guy. You keep an eye on this guy in case if he wakes up."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

I know this won't end well.

Esprit15
2015-01-12, 04:52 PM
Totally Screwed
"Bee!" the woman quickly recalls the Combee, and sends another Psychic gunshot out, this time at you! 26 Special Psychic damage. A huge guy, around 2m tall, runs up by Umbra, clearly out of breath. "Being... Followed... Two girls... Miles... Distracting..."

"Just guard the scientist! We're not getting paid to play with the locals! We'll pick him up from his date when we leave!"

Arcran
2015-01-12, 05:01 PM
"Punn," Rex says, dropping down to one knee. "Finish off that god damn psychic right now," he states, sliding his glasses back up as he returns to his feet. Two of them, the second almost definitely with a Pokemon? The woman likely didn't have another, but the man was an unknown quantity. He needed to remove him first, and now. Unfortunately, she didn't seem to have any qualms attacking him despite his status as a Trainer. Without a Potion he'd fall in another hit... With a regretful sigh Rex pulls his last one from his pack, applying it liberally.

The Quilava, literally burning with rage with how it had been made a fool flies forward, a great flamethrower slowly burning in its mouth. It was payback time.

Rex Potions himself again. 24/65 HP
Punn: 55/70 HP

Punn uses Flamethrower! Using an AP to boost AC by 1.

Esprit15
2015-01-12, 05:56 PM
Guy
The flames fly at the Psychic, finally aiming true - and promptly veer off into the smoke. "Phew, a little too close for comfort there," the Psychic says, hand pointing at where the flames landed. She steps into the smoke, barely visible as more than a silhouette. "I'll let Damian handle you for now!"

"Judgement Ennis, why you gotta put this on me?" There's a hiss of static from the trainer as a pink and blue mess of polygons crackles into existence, not from a ball but some device on his person. It floats through the air, skin changing to a more lustrous tone before also disappearing into the smoke. The trainer meanwhile charges forward, slamming an open hand into the Quilava for 17 Physical Fighting Damage.
Knowledge Pokemon for everything the Porygon did.

Girls
(Waiting on Gintash, will be brought into the fight in 3 turns)

Arcran
2015-01-12, 06:04 PM
"What, you're both going to fight me?" Rex shouts, quickly becoming more and more angry. "That's fine! Punn, burn him too! That didn't even hurt, right!"

"And watch out for the Porgyon!"

The Quilava, smarting somewhat from the blow, has to agree. Compared to the woman who had literally fried his brains this was hardly anything. Without a second thought it blasts a ball of flame towards before darting away, putting some space between itself and the smoke.

Rex 24/65 HP
Punn: 43/70 HP

Punn uses Ember!
AC: [roll0] Burn 18+

Esprit15
2015-01-12, 06:21 PM
Honor Among Thieves?
"Honestly, I'd rather have a fair fight. Ennis is already cowering-" "AM NOT!" "-inside of that smokescreen. Here's the deal: You win, we leave. I win, you leave us to our work and forget we were here. Or," the Porygon floats over the Quilava, polygons orienting to a shape more like a space ship's laser than a Pokemon. "We can take you out, and let Ennis decide what to do with you while unconscious. Do we have an agreement that the former is the preferred option?" He pulls out a Super Potion from his bag and holds it out to you.

Girls
(2 turns until arrival)

Arcran
2015-01-13, 12:40 AM
"Are you serious?" Rex asks, more than a little concerned, analyzing the Super Potion critically. This had to be a trap, right? There was no way in hell a legitimate criminal would just stop mid-battle and offer a way out like this. They had to be stalling for something, right? He was outgunned, that much was certain. Had Punn hit his opponents when he was supposed to they'd be in a different situation but, right here, it didn't seem like he had any choice. At the very least, Rex could just double-cross them, right? There was no way somebody hadn't called the police at this point.

"Alright," Rex states, applying the Super Potion if he deems it to be safe. "I accept."

No point in wasting words, was there?

Medicine Education to make sure it is, in fact, a Super Potion and not a Toxic Shot or something like that.
[roll0]

Esprit15
2015-01-13, 01:36 AM
Guy
The potion looks good. Seal is in place, so it's contents can't be swapped out. No holes or punctures to add anything. Peeling the tag shows nothing hidden beneath, so it is likely legitimate. "I want to avoid bloodshed. This was never supposed to happen," he says, last part more directed to the woman in the smoke. "Move, now." The Psychic glares as she steps out, but moves back toward the woman, sitting on her back. "I'm pinning this on you if we fail, or if the punk turns on us after a win."

"You and Sigma can fire on him if he lied. The deal only works if the two sides agree to honor it, and we will honor it if he does," he says. With the area cleared of people, the Porygon floats on to the opposite side of the open area.
You are faster
Gals
Those of you who do run ahead finally can see the tall man and a pink creature standing opposite the young man from before, Quilava in front of him, in the distance. There's one woman with black hair lying on the ground and a smaller, red headed one sitting on top of her.
(One more turn before you're close enough to do anything)

Arcran
2015-01-13, 10:34 AM
"Alright then," Rex says, still thoroughly confused.

"Punn, use that smoke! Get in there and get firing!" If he could keep Punn hidden his superior training might pay off just a little bit more. Maybe.

The Quilava, confused as to why his Trainer would have him go into the smoke after his previous aiming skills complies, darting quickly inside the smoke and disappearing completely, a great jet of flame flying forth out at the Porygon seconds later.

Punn uses Flamethrower!

AC 2: [roll0] (I'm accounting for Smokescreen here), Burns 19+

Esprit15
2015-01-13, 02:54 PM
"Join him in the smoke, Sigma! Psybeam, hard as possible!" The Porygon flies forward, disappearing into the cloud as well. For a moment, nothing happens. You hear a noise, and suddenly a blinding flash bursts from the smoke cover before going dark again.

72 Special Psychic, Punn is confused.

(Girl(s) are now present. Gintash, are you staying with the unconscious guy or continuing on with Kaitlyn? Need to know if you two will be interfering or not.)

Arcran
2015-01-13, 03:08 PM
"Punn!" Rex shouts, panicked. Fortunately, Rex hears a familiar growl from within the smoke, then another flash of fire. Punn wasn't done. Not yet.

The shout brings Rex to his knees, grasping his chest painfully. He'd need new clothes after this...

2 Injuries to Punn.

Punn uses Ember!
AC: [roll0] 18+ Burn

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-13, 04:30 PM
Kaitlyn had finaly arrived on scene. She looked at what was going on. It appears that this fight was not a typical street brawl. Judging from the fact neither trainer was in, even though the big guy looks like he could have some muscle, that is was an organised fight. She assumed it was some sort of deal. Similar to where the honorable antagonist challenges the protagonist to a fair fight rather than deal with a full brawl. Then again, they both looked like they had taken some damage, so it may not be true. She then looked at the other one. It was that one guy from the gym. The one with the Aron. "Dealing with these thugs as well, Alexander? Surprised he's not trying to smash your face in, given all that muscle." She said to him. He looked like he had an aggressive pokemon out this time instead of the Aron. Whatever was in that smoke was some sort of fire pokemon, or at least had a fire move TM.

Arcran
2015-01-13, 05:34 PM
"Muk off," Rex mutters, slowly reaching to his pocket for his Revive, keeping his other hand firmly on his chest. It'd put a strain on Punn but, if he had to, a Flamethrower could drop the fighter. If nothing else, Clint could tank anything the psychic could throw at him. He wouldn't appreciate being a human shield, but the Aron could keep him alive until help showed up. There were cops in this town, right? Why the hell weren't they here? And where was a damn medic?

Still, Rex watches the smoke with baited breath, hoping to whatever is listening that Punn managed to take the Porygon down. The Quilava was strong, but Porygon weren't exactly known for being weak Pokemon...

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-13, 08:34 PM
"Sorry about that. Know where's the nearest hospital is, cause I need to add foot in my mouth to my list of injuries." Kaitlyn probably should have known better. Even by Pyritian standards, they were pretty bannged up. Fitting, she first over guesses an injury, now she under guesses them. Her knee was doing bad. The potion didn't fix everything, so she sat down and held her knee.

Gintash
2015-01-14, 03:07 AM
Sarah limped over the where Kaitlyn and Alex stood, Bear helping her a little with her hurt knee. "You guys ok?" She asked as she sat down on the ground to take the strain off of her knee. She could probably easily run with it but it did hurt when she moved it so she wasn't willing to take her chances after a blow like that.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-14, 07:31 AM
"I put too much pressure on my knee. I'll be fine, just need a breather." She then turns to look at Alexander. "But you never answered my question, why isn't he right now trying to kill you? You both right now look like you are in an everyday battle, yet you also looked banged up as if you weren't."

Arcran
2015-01-14, 08:28 AM
"And you didn't hear my answer," Rex says, gritting his teeth in annoyance.

"Muk off."

Esprit15
2015-01-14, 12:54 PM
As you bicker, the wind begins to blow away the smoke. It was hard to tell before if Punnet had been able to get an attack off, but apparently he did, based on the scorch marks on the ground and the unconscious Porygon. The man nods, recalling the artificial Pokémon into a ball. "Well, a deal's a deal. Come on, Ennis. We're out numbered now, anyways."

"But our job-" "-was a failure. If you think you can still fight, by all means, but I'm not helping." The woman looks at Rex and the two girls, then back to Damian, and back again. "Fine! But I'm telling them the only reason we failed was because you had to go all noble on us." The two seem to beheading back the other way, likely to pick up the guy that Kaitlyn and Sarah knocked out.

56 EXP to each of the girls! 104 EXP to Rex! Half of it must go to a participants in the battle, the rest may be distributed as you please. Also, 1 trainer EXP to everyone!

"Are they gone...?" you hear mumble from the collapsed researcher.

Arcran
2015-01-14, 01:14 PM
Rex pushes himself up from his knees, using an unfortunate Clint to help get him all the way up. As he looks into the smoke he's met with the sight of Punn just barely standing, a clean semicircle of flesh seemingly scooped away from his shoulder. It was mostly bloodless, fortunately, but it seemed like the poor Quilava wouldn't be in any fighting shape until a rather long trip to the Center. The Quilava begins to limp back towards Rex, a tight expression on its animalistic face only to be recalled by a red beam before it can take more than a few steps.

Rex clips the Pokeball back into his belt, keeping steady pressure on his chest. He hadn't exactly known what to expect; them to simply be lying is all that he could have reasonably hoped for. As Damian walks away Rex slightly inclines his head towards him, although whether in thanks of acknowledgment is difficult to tell, even for Rex.

With the enemies gone, Rex begins to limp towards the scientist, Clint staying beside him and acting as a sort of leg brace. When Rex nears he squats down again, still leaning heavily on Clint.

"For now," the Trainer states. "I'd offer a hand but, well," he says, looking at the rather large amount of red on them. "Are you alright?"

Esprit15
2015-01-14, 01:30 PM
"Yeah, I'll be fine," she says, still lying on the ground. Yep, that was Umbra Fennel alright, Head of Cryptozoological Research. Given that her mother had devoted her life to the study of Pokémon dreams, it was a common joke that the family line is destined to study nothing but pseudoscience. "Besides, you look worse than I do," she says, finally pulling herself off the ground.
Just to be clear, Rex knows who Umbra is because he's from the same (general) place of work as her. DC 12 Knowledge General or Knowledge Technology to know who she is.

Arcran
2015-01-14, 01:33 PM
"Little bit. Held together by Potions and luck right now," Rex says, grimacing slightly. "Mind helping me get to the Center?"

"And it's Umbra, right? From Lab?" he asks, still a little woozy. "Alexander. I was one of the bajillion aides there," Rex says, mentally kicking himself for saying bajillion. Just how much blood had he lost?

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-14, 03:42 PM
Kaitlyn got backup after letting her knee rest for a bit. Alex was acting rude and she wanted to call him out on it, but right now, there was an injured man, or rather, woman. Her father told her about a researcher that looked a bit like her, but she barely paid any attention to that. Besides, she should be an old woman by now, or late forties, or whatever. She didn't really care. She mostly cared about the fighting legendaries. Then she heard the name. Rang a few bells, but not enough to click her memory. Still, she walked up to her and extended a hand "I think I have heard about someone like you from my father. The name's Kaitlyn. Wrestler and fighting type specialist."

Gintash
2015-01-14, 11:50 PM
Sarah got up again too with the help of Bear, however she had no idea what Alex was talking about so she just decided to leave it be as she hobbled over to them and listening to what they had to say.

Esprit15
2015-01-16, 10:08 PM
"Yeah, I think I remember you," she says, dusting herself off. "You were the one who was there to help with cleaning up fossils? No, that was Alfred. Lab technician... No..." She rattles off just about every job in the lab, none of them you. Like you said, bajillion lab assistants.

You all make it to the Center. Upon arrival, Alex and Kaitlyn are both treated, Kaitlyn for her knee (now in a cloth kneebrace), and a large bandage on Rex's chest. "Whatever you did to piss off that Combee, don't do it again. That was getting dangerously close to bone."

As you get let out into the lobby, Umbra is still in there, several large, empty water bottles surrounding her. "I need to make a note to Ryuuto to put PE back into the high school coriculum..." the scientist says, still breathing heavily. "I suppose I owe you a thanks," she finally says in a general direction, after chugging another bottle of water.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-17, 12:55 AM
kaitlyn sits down and lets out a sigh of exhaustion. She did a lot of work and it was painful. She had dealt with injuries before, but this was her first serious fight. At least she did something good. She then begins to rest as she relaxes, thinking about the day. It's been a long day. 3 battles, one was for almost all of my money, which I lost and made a fool out of myself, the next was a complete failure, but it did teach me many things, and the last was, well, the best results, but it was too serious to enjoy. I just hope the rest of my journey won't be like this. I want to have some fun and prepare myself for the future, the world as my gym and the challenges as my spars. I can't keep failing like this. I gotta step it up. Get ready, world, because the Red Angel is not going down anytime soon.

Arcran
2015-01-17, 03:51 PM
"I'll keep that in mind next time," Rex says with more than a little sarcasm in regard to the Combee remark, doing his best not to pick at the bandage. He knew from his limited medical knowledge that he had to just leave it be, but it itched so badly...

As Rex gets back into the lobby he quickly checks the status of his Pokemon, then takes a seat by Umbra.

"Don't worry about it," he states. "Rescuing famous scientists from low-leveled thugs is just part of my daily routine," he snarks, sliding his glasses back up the bridge of his nose. "What the hell were they after you for anyway? And do you not have any Pokemon? I assumed you'd have at least one of the specimens you studied as a personal Pokemon, no?" he states, clearly in regard to her cryptozoology background.

Esprit15
2015-01-17, 11:00 PM
She takes another swig of water. "No, I do not. A specimen is just that: a specimen, not a pet to play with or battle. And I was on vacation, anyways. One can only stand so much harassment for one's chosen field before they want to take a break from it all." Plus, there is the simple fact that not everyone in the world is a famed trainer, or even that good. Professor Fennel was the head of a department, sure, but it was also the least funded department and was at the constant risk of being axed all together. "I don't have time to play and train with Pokémon."

Arcran
2015-01-17, 11:04 PM
Rex nods. The explanation, while making complete sense, was hardly satisfactory. Rex himself was good, but only for a new Trainer. Compared to somebody that knew what they were doing? He was hardly a threat, and even so he'd been able to defeat the goons. A famous researcher shouldn't be putting themselves at risk by traveling without any protection and not bothering to train any Pokemon wasn't just lazy, it was almost criminal.

"Any idea what they were after?" Rex asks, hoping to get some information about cryptids.

Esprit15
2015-01-17, 11:12 PM
"Didn't say. I got the impression they didn't really know exactly, just doing a job for someone who was paying. It was half flattering. Nobody normally cares about my research, why should they now?"

Arcran
2015-01-17, 11:20 PM
"I do," Rex says quietly, looking down at his Pokeballs.

"I've been trying to find how cryptids are made, genetically or otherwise. Unfortunately, it seems most aren't that willing to share their secrets," Rex says, glancing in the general direction of the Gym. "So far, my research has been met with little success," the Trainer says, an idea forming in his mind.

"If I may be so bold, you aren't really one that is heavily involved in field work, are you?" Rex states, not bothering to put the statement in the form of a question. "What if we help one another out? I can go out into the field, do tests and collect data for you. In return, you let me know your findings and point me in the right direction. I was planning to take water samples from Phenac Lake to try to figure out what environmental factor created that monster of an Octillery, although I don't expect to get particularly promising results."

Through the last part Rex tries to keep his voice down, not particularly wanting to be overheard.

Esprit15
2015-01-17, 11:29 PM
"I don't do grunt work, no," she responds flatly. "Hm... Actually, I'll do you one better. There's a location out in the desert that keeps showing up when I calculate lat-longs based on some old records. You're already affiliated with the Lab, and I could scrape a few funds together for your friends there. Would you mind investigating this area," she says, snatching your Pokédex and pulling up the map function. "Team Snaggem built over it, but with the events a few decades ago, the base should be abandoned. I think there is something underneath the base that would confirm my current research. You do this, I'll share some records that aren't in the library with you."

Arcran
2015-01-17, 11:32 PM
"They aren't my friends," Rex quickly corrects, looking at the map. "But that deal sounds fair to me," Rex says, a slight grin on his face. "If you could scrape together the funds for some supplies, travel and maybe an Egg Warmer I could set out today," Rex states, feeling his strangely empty pack. "I used most of my medicine trying to stay stable after that Combee damned near killed me, and I'd rather not set out without any gear."

Gintash
2015-01-19, 05:16 AM
"Sorry to say it doc but I have to agree with Alex for the moment, we aren't friends. Although I bet under that rough showy personality is a soft one that just wants attention." Sarah says, smiling at Alex as she tries to tease him a little. He was a bit rough around the edges but she thought that if they did become friends that he would be a good friend, he just needed to be a bit nicer to people.

Sarah turns her attention back to the Prof lady still smiling. "However I would be willing to help with this task. This 'Team Snaggem' seems like trouble and if possible I would like to help stop what they are doing."

Esprit15
2015-01-19, 05:26 AM
The professor looks at you strangely. "Snaggem's been gone for years. Police Cheif Wes took them out years ago. No, this is just the remants of their old base.

I'll see what I can scrape up for travel. I'm sure the Lab won't miss one more field team vehicle. You'll have to get most of your own travel supplies, but it won't be as though you're traveling poor." Indeed, Rex knows that the field team vehicles are some of the safest ways to travel Orre's wilderness. They won't set any land speed records, but otherwise, it's like traveling in a solar powered vehicle that is equal parts motorhome, armored truck and ambulance. "Obviously it would be borrowed under your name and my department, but I think that will more than suffice for travel, yes?"

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-19, 12:19 PM
Kaitlyn stands up, well, the best she could with her leg. "Count me in. Got nothing better to do, well, besides getting a ranged attacking pokemon, but I might find one on the way." she walked closer to them "and I hate to sound greedy, but I am the double digits with money. Any chance we'll get paid for this."

Arcran
2015-01-19, 01:27 PM
"More and a bit," Rex states, a bit blown away by the generosity and ignoring the others more than a little. "And I suppose I'll have until the vehicle arrives to scrape together the funds for supplies... That'll work," Rex says, nodding in affirmation.

"And thank you," he quickly adds, slightly floored by the possibility of working with the Umbra. He'd been throwing things and a wall and hoping they stuck and had hardly expected a legitimate offer.

Esprit15
2015-01-19, 02:48 PM
"Obviously. This isn't charity work."

Gintash
2015-01-21, 04:09 AM
"Well, I could use the money and the experience so I'm in"

Esprit15
2015-01-21, 07:44 PM
"Good," she says, clapping her hands together. "I can have your ride down here first thing tomorrow. Rex, you ought to have my number, should any other needs arise. Whatever you find, video it, photograph it, even if it's nothing. No data is data. If that is all, I'll be off. I think I'll stick to vacations in places that still run decent security in the future."

By now, it's somewhere around 3 in the afternoon. The sun isn't exactly low in the summer sky, but it is getting later. Afternoon battles are going on outside as always.
Perception Checks, please!

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-22, 07:17 AM
Kaitlyn smiled as she left. Her journey started off rough, but now it was starting to look great. She looked to her companions and said "So, my friends," she then remembered Alex's words "Well, friend and ally, to be precise. I hope we have a good trip tomorrow.".

[roll0]

Arcran
2015-01-22, 06:14 PM
"Meet at the city limits at 7 AM tomorrow," Rex states, frowning at Kaitlyn. He didn't need two babysitters on the trip. At best they'd be a distraction, at worst they'd actively get in his way.

"And bring your own supplies," the Trainer says over his shoulder, looking around the crowd. He needed to somehow come up with at least a few thousand dollars by tomorrow. That could be difficult. Clint could handle another battle, but Punn should probably be done for the day.

At least his phone had some of the documentation tools he needed; if Umbra wanted better he'd need to make her foot the bill.

Mentally, Rex runs through a list.

Restock Potions, food, Egg Warmer. Potions, food, Egg Warmer. Nothing too complicated to deal with, right?

[roll0]

Gintash
2015-01-22, 06:53 PM
"Me too, it should be an interesting trip" Sarah smiles at the two as Alex walks off. "So, you have any plans for the rest of the day? I was thinking of going and trying to challenge a few trainers for some training and possibly money"

[roll0]

Esprit15
2015-01-22, 09:04 PM
Amid the battles in the square, you see a particularly large crowd. Just at the center, you can see what looks to be a facts that you've seen in the news countless times, a black machine covering one arm. Wes, only ever refered to as Wes, standing perfectly still to the point that one would think him a statue. It's impossible to navigate the crowd enough to get to him. It seems he is waiting for something.

Of course, with the crowd so thick, it's hard to tell what is going on. There are others who clearly are not bothering, and with the sun starting to get lower, it would already be nearly dark if you were to hunt for wilds.

Arcran
2015-01-23, 03:34 AM
Rex walks about slightly, a confused expression on his face. Why exactly was Wes here and without a police escort? Sure, he'd always kinda done his own thing but coming someplace completely alone? That just seemed irresponsible.

Still, if Wes was looking for something it couldn't hurt to look as well. Rex does his best to shove his way to an optimal location, not particularly caring how many feet he steps on to get there.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-26, 08:49 PM
Wes?, here? Must have been those thugs. They seemed like they could have been just typical low-life, but maybe they are tied to something bigger. Never know when the next Cypher is around the corner. She said to herself in her head. It wouldn't hurt to get a closer look, so she began to move forward, curious as to what was going on, but she would have more care with how she goes by the crowd.

Gintash
2015-01-26, 10:54 PM
After being ignored by the others Sarah decides to go and see what was up with Wes. She walks towards and then begins trying to work her way through the crowd of people to Wes.

Athletics = [roll0]
[roll1]

Esprit15
2015-01-27, 03:24 AM
The girls are able to shove their way further into the crowd than Rex. Wes is standing in the center, stoic as a stone, leaning slightly on a cane that extends from a black and red machine on his left arm. The crowd murmurs, wondering what the chief of Orre police was doing in their town. Normally the only time he was seen at all was at major crime scenes. After a little while, you wonder if nothing is going to happen. On the hour though, you see what appears to be a perfectly normal young man, light blue hair and dark glasses. "Are you the one who requested my presence?"

"Indeed. I wanted a battle with the strongest trainer in the region, Wesley. Is that a problem, Mr. Helgonza?" he says, as though it were the most normal thing in the world. Wes makes no acknowledgment of the names mentioned. "Let's get it over with... I assume you want six versus six?" Without even waiting, he sends out an Umbreon and an Espeon. "That will do." The crowd goes silent. The mystery man sends out a Dragonite and a Salamence.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-01-27, 04:24 PM
Catherine was quite intrigued. She wanted to see a Dragon trainer in action for quite some time. She had heard Dragons were powerful, even after the discovery of Fairy types. If this man had fully evolved Dragons, then it would be safe to assume he was no fool for challenging Wes. She had some time to kill, so why not watch it.

Arcran
2015-01-28, 03:11 AM
Rex lets out a sort of half-chuckle at the absurdity of the situation. The strongest Trainer in the region using Pokemon orders of magnitude smaller than his opponent? It had a sort of strange irony to it while, at the same time, perfectly exemplifying why the world of Pokemon was so odd.

Still, Rex found himself extremely interested. Somebody who would challenge Wes was either extremely powerful, extremely stupid, or had a trick up their sleeve. Maybe a little of each. Still, if Rex was a little smart betting maybe he could get something out of this...

"What kind of idiot challenges Wes?" Rex says as he goes about, looking intently for somebody who appears to be less than intelligent. "Everybody knows size doesn't matter at all in a Pokemon battle."

Guile for the bait: [roll0]
Luck: [roll1]

Gintash
2015-01-28, 05:57 AM
Sarah, interested in how massively powerful Wes's Pokemon are, decides to watch the spectacle that would be memorable for her at the very least.

She heard Alex, but decides to ignore him. Sure, size didn't matter, but just because it doesn't shouldn't mean the challenger wasn't good. Having two fully evolved dragon Pokemon meant that he was a decent trainer at the very least. And who knows what else he had up his sleeve.

Sarah then chuckles as the thought of him have a super powerful Caterpie enters her mind for a second as she gets back to watching the two trainers.

Esprit15
2015-02-01, 01:14 AM
Unfortunately for Rex, Wes's reputation is too well known to have anyone question you, similar statements being uttered throughout the crowd.

"Anything, Dawn?" he asks, apparently to the Pokemon. He nods after a moment.

"Dragon Rush! Dragon Claw!" the man yells.

"Reflect, Swagger."

The Espeon sets up a wall of light around the two Pokemon as the dragons fly forward, slashing at the Umbreon and Espeon. The attack on the Espeon wiffs, and the Umbreon seems hardly phased at all, seeming to scoff at the Salamence, enraging the dragon. "Take out that Umbreon!"

"Dazzling Gleam." The dragons rush for another sweep... and both find themselves blinded by the Espeon. The Salamence slams into the ground, too unfocused to aim properly. "Foul Play." The Umbreon capitalizes on the Salamence's poor aim, slamming it with its own unfocused rage, knocking the great dragon out.

The battle rages for several minutes, far longer than anything you've watched normally. As Dusk and Dawn, the Umbreon and Espeon, get tired, they recover. The Espeon attacks relentlessly, setting up Future Sights and throwing around anything that is sent out with Psychic assaults. Dusk meanwhile harasses to no end, taking attacks for Dawn and releasing toxic poison that ravages the enemy team, including a Steelix, somehow. (Knowledge Pokemon, DC 20). But nothing manages to take down the two Eeveelutions, neither Golurk, nor Machamp, nor Tyranitar, nor Gengar. The man takes his loss in good stride, though.

"Well, I can see why you are the chief of police here, Wesley!" he says, clearly making an effort to put on a show for the crowd. "I've heard a lot about your history in textbooks. Took down Cypher for the first time, routed Snaggem from the face of Orre after the second Cypher uprising, though interestingly had few long term incarcerations and instead a massive increase in employed police. Currently overseeing integration of Orre with the Regional Pokemon league," there are murmurs in the crowd at mention of this less popular choice, "and rumored chosen of the Winds. A fascinating history for one man. Well, I don't think I'll harass you any further, Mr. Helgonza. Good day." With a final flourish, the man turns and walks away, several people following after him. (Perception, DC 10)

Wes stands in the square for a while, seeming to be lost on thought. Nobody else seems to dare approach the man.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-02-01, 09:31 AM
Despite losing so horribly, the Dragons were quite awesome in power. The fact that the eeveelutions had even a bit of a trouble told her that the Dragons were quite powerful. Kaitlyn knew there would be pokemon physically tougher than an average Fighting type, but not many. The Dragons seemed like they could kick some serious butt. Maybe Kaitlyn should think about catching one of those rare Dragons. Some of them do have some nice ranged moves and that would leave only fairies to be a big weakness. She has heard of pokemon getting shifted into different types. Maybe a wrestling Dragon would be nice. She stood there, quietly as she began to think nothing except Dragons.

Arcran
2015-02-01, 02:05 PM
Rex watches the battle excitedly, interested in the result. The degree to which Wes simply dominated the Trainer was almost impossible to fathom; an Espeon and Umbreon against a full team of fully grown Dragons? And the man hadn't just used six Pokemon; he'd used a seventh and still hadn't managed to drop either of the Pokemon. As far as Rex knew, Wes' Pokemon weren't even mutations or Delta Species; they were simply that good. For a question Rex questions why he's bothering with his goal, only to remember that even Wes had been in a few tough spots against Cypher. If he could find what they had done and recreate it...

A somewhat stupid grin on his face, Rex watches intently, waiting to see if anybody else approaches Wes.

Pokemon Education:
Perception: [roll]26+5

Gintash
2015-02-01, 05:15 PM
Sarah, quite happy with the battle, smiled at herself. Wes was a great trainer and even just getting a match against him would be an honor. However, Sarah wanted more. Someday she would challenge him but not just to say she battled him. She would battle him in order to win. But that was a thought for another day. Right now she only had two Pokemon and wouldn't even stand a chance against either of the two trainers so she would have to wait till she was more powerful to finally be able to challenge Wes.

Sarah wondered why Wes was just standing in the middle of the town after the battle. Maybe he was going over it in his head to try and figure something out, or why the other man didn't even seem phased about losing. Either way she was not going to be the one to go up to him. She admired him and thought of him as a great man but she was still scared of him. Well, not him specifically. But his vast power. Two eevelutions defeating a team of dragons? That is a lot of power. Power which was scary as well as intriguing.

I couldn't get the knowledge DC even if I tried so just the perception

[roll0]

Esprit15
2015-02-02, 05:54 AM
Rex and Sarah both notice that Dusk had vanished, probably to tail the man who challenged Wes. He pets the Espeon with his free hand, watching the man as he left. Rex's mind races around, wondering at how two Pokémon even as well trained as they likely were could have performed the feats they did. The Umbreon out endured a Steelix for Mew's sake! It occurs to you all that the man used seven Pokémon in the fight, something that was extraordinarily rare, and for what you could remember, illegal to all but a few people. Was he simply suicidal, illegally challenging Wes, or was he one of the few permitted? It made no difference in the end.

The man looks down slightly at the Espeon, whispering something just out of earshot, and seems to get a silent response. With a nod, he slowly leaves, cane supporting his right leg as he slowly makes his way out of town, towards nothing as far as you could tell.

The sun continues to fall in the sky, reflecting blindingly off of the ocean now. What will it be? The plains? Fishing? Forcing the GM to stat another battle? Shopping? Something else?

Arcran
2015-02-02, 08:08 PM
Rex looks at Wes with some degree of confusion as he limps away; was he just going to walk into the desert? Sure, he was strong enough to deal with anything out there but why would he willingly choose that path?

"It's been a weird day," he mutters, absentmindedly scratching his chest where there had been a hole not that long ago.

With a sigh Rex turns to head for the downtown area of town, looking for any sort of help sign. If he can find one, he grabs a newspaper and looks through the classifieds, doing his best to find a job that he could complete quickly and would pay well. He needed to restock a bit before making his trip; he'd rather be overprepared for an abandoned site than underprepared. Who knew what kinds of things had moved in there?

I mean, we don't have to battle; I just need the money and EXP. :smalltongue:

Kidding of course. Mostly.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-02-03, 07:44 AM
After realising she was standing there for no good reason, Kaitlyn began to wander out of the city as she continued to think. Once she realised she was out of the city, she decided to walk to the plains, in order to search for a new pokemon

Esprit15
2015-02-08, 08:15 PM
Rex
There's a job in the classifieds that looks doable. It's Cotonee season, and a family of them moved into a house out by the outskirts, and nothing they do seems to drive them away. Anyone who helps drive them out would get some decent pay, ₽750.

Kait
You head out, deciding to take a nice jog to speed things along, mental images of dragons flying around your mind. As you make your way over a hill, you hear a slight, rhythmic rumbling.
Perception and Acrobatics check, and give me your defenses and Speed!

Arcran
2015-02-08, 08:24 PM
Rex sighs as he reads the posting, reluctantly folding the paper. 750 would hardly help him at all, but the experience from taking down Cottonee couldn't hurt.

With another sigh Rex sets out, making his way towards the address listed.

Esprit15
2015-02-08, 08:53 PM
Rex
You find a small home, clearly having a problem with the white, fluffy Pokemon if the white tufts of cotton everywhere are anything to go by. When you knock, a young couple answers, both looking like they're fighting some cold. "Are you- AH-CHOO! -here about the *sniff* Cottonee?"

Kait
Your eyes aren't good, but your reflexes are. At the last moment, you see two large, grey rhinos of Pokemon charge up the hill, not seeming to pay any heed of your presence until they have already passed you, turning around to charge again, this time with intent. (You are faster. You're all melee, so I didn't bother with a map, unless you want one.)

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-02-08, 09:15 PM
Ugh, more melee pokemon. At least they're good practice. "Alright, you wanna go? I'll oblige. Knightess, time for some practice." she then called out her Riolu. The Riolu smirked as she got in a fighting stance. Kaitlyn would then raise her foot up and then bring it down with enough force to smash a rock

[roll0] AC 2
[roll1]

Arcran
2015-02-08, 09:16 PM
"I suppose I am," Rex says simply, sparing a quick glance towards his gear. "What seems to be the problem?"

Esprit15
2015-02-08, 09:26 PM
Kait
Your foot slams into the hard rock, but the Rhyhorn is no slouch either. It charges forward and digs its head into your gut for 26 Physical Normal damage. The other charges the Riolu, trampling the canine into the ground for 46 damage.

Rex
"We'd normally deal with them ourselves, but- AH-CHOO -we're both too allergic to shoo the things away. You don't have to- Ah... kill the... kill the things... We just want to... to..." you assume they're going to say the word breathe, but at that point the man breaks into a sneezing fit, trying to direct most of it away from you. "They're out back, right... now."

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-02-08, 09:40 PM
Knightess took a nasty hit, cracking a few minor bones and giving her cuts as she was scratched on rocks, but she remained conscious, barely. The pain she felt amplified her aura energy. Her Aura was visible as she leaped into the air and struck the Rhyhorn with the power of the aura, hitting for 84 damage. "Nice counter girl." Kaitlyn then swiped at the legs of the other target, hoping to finish it, her and now.

[roll0] Ac2
[roll1]

Arcran
2015-02-08, 09:44 PM
"I'll try not to permanently harm them," Rex says, not particularly caring one way or the other. "Consider them already gone."

Without another word Rex adjusts his glasses, then heads out behind the building.

Esprit15
2015-02-08, 09:58 PM
Kait
The Rhyhorn is shaken, but the damage dealt isn't as much as expected on either end of things. The Rhyhorn change targets, the trampling one slamming into Kait for 26 Physical Damage and the one that was attacking Kait going to trample the Riolu for 38 Physical Normal damage.

Rex
Behind the little house, several Cottonee are flying around a berry garden, probably attracted by the flowers and fruit. (Map shortly)

Arcran
2015-02-09, 10:57 AM
Rex slowly walks towards the Cotonee, not particularly concerned. The man and his wife had clearly not thought the two were a threat, otherwise they likely would have endorsed slightly more force. For now, Rex simply surveys the situation, looking out over the group and trying to seem non-threatening.

Guile to seem like I'm not going to kill them: [roll0]

How high off the ground and such are these?

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-02-09, 03:28 PM
Knightess goes down after that one, but all is not lost. She still had S-show. She recalled Knightess after the both took their hits and then she called forth the machop. The Machop gave a smirk as it got ready, letting his adrenaline flow through his body, focusing all of his energy for the fight. Kaitlyn raised her foot and then kicked the most weakened of the two, again with enough force to smash a rock.

[roll0] AC2 rock smash
[roll1]

Def 8
Sdef 4
speed 4

Focus energy

Esprit15
2015-02-10, 01:17 AM
Kaitlyn
The Rhyhorn slumps. It's friend tramples the new arrival for 39 Physical, Normal damage. The Machop Flinches, unable to get out from under the large Pokémon.

Rex
The berry trees are only about as tall as you, the highest being maybe 2m. You imagine that the couple wouldn't take kindly to their plants being damaged. The Cottonee turn to you, not immediatly responding, but well aware of your presence.

Arcran
2015-02-10, 11:24 AM
Hopefully the literally perfect Guile gets me a surprise round...

Rex grins slightly as he looks at the Cottonee before his hand flashes to his belt, a Pokeball being hastily plucked from it.

"Clint! Slash them!" Rex cries, the Aron hastily orienting itself before charging the Cottonee, metallic claws ready to tear into the Grass-type.

Metal Claw!

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-02-10, 03:25 PM
"S-Show!" Crap. I need to help him. If I wanted to catch it, I could just toss a ball. He is a Rock type. Wait, the water should weaken the water based attacks in the gym. Plus I guess I can use a Rhyhorn for flying types. Alright, it's decided She reached for an empty ball. "pokeball, GO!" She then tossed it, hoping to hit it then catch it.

[roll0] AC6 pokeball
[roll1] Come on....

Esprit15
2015-02-12, 02:48 PM
Kait
The Rhyhorn disappears into the ball with almost no struggle.

Rex
The Aron charges, but wiffs as it avoids the berry bush that the Cottonee ducks down into. The two back Cottonee react at the same moment the Aron charges, firing seeds into the Aron's carapace.
Two Leech Seeds on Aron. Lose 2/10 max HP each turn.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-02-12, 05:49 PM
Kaitlyn smirks as she picks up the rhyhorn ball. She recalls S-show and then begins heading back as she looks at it. "Alright. Time to go back." she said to herself as she walked back, thinking about the possible names for the Rhyhorn.

Stats?

Arcran
2015-02-12, 06:46 PM
"Damn it," Rex mutters, quickly recalling Clint before he could have his life slowly sucked away. He needed to fight the Cottonee, but if Clint was slowly getting his life sapped away there was no way he'd be able to take down the plants. Punn was plenty strong enough, but a stray attack could spell catastrophe for the plants...

A plan slowly formulating, Rex flings Punn's ball out, quickly dashing further from the plants.

"Punn, smoke 'em out!" he quickly shouts, the Quilava spiting a cloud of smoke towards the plants before eagerly following.

Return Clint. Since it never reaches his turn he doesn't lose any HP. Releasing Punn!

Punn uses Smokescreen! I marked it on the map.

Punn runs away!

Rex runs away!

Also, Pokemon Edu to ID one as female: [roll0]

Esprit15
2015-02-14, 12:48 AM
Rex
The Cottonee fly into the brush, now able to hide in the smoke as well. They seem to grow bigger.
Place Pun on the map.

Kait
Most of your return is uneventful as night begins to fall. However, just as you can see the entry road, a piercing cry comes from above you. You can just make out a small, brown body flying above you, apparently angry at... something.
More initiative!

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-02-14, 01:11 PM
Muk. I can't deal with birds she says in her head. She began to run to the city, hoping that the bird would just give up the chase. For all she knew, it was just territorial.

Speed 6
Def 10
Sdef 6

[roll0] In case if you want me to roll athletics

Esprit15
2015-02-14, 01:18 PM
Kait
Your cowardly retreat is rewarded, and the bird eventually loses interest. Shame, it probably knew gust, which would have been a useful ranged attack. It is very clearly night by the time you make it back to town. Shops are closing down, street lights are on everywhere.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-02-14, 01:48 PM
"Ugh, I hate running away from a fight." she said to herself. She sighed as she slowed down. She felt like a coward, but at the same time, she knew that if that bird new gust, then it could fly around and keep hitting her. She couldn't deal with that. She went back to walking to the city, hoping to get back and then get her and her team's wounds treated.

Esprit15
2015-02-16, 06:21 PM
Rex
You manage to run away, a sniffly couple watching you confused as you flee.

Kait
The nurse is happy to take your Pokémon, but advises against going out and doing too much more. Pokémon only recover so much in a day, after all. If you're leaving town, it may be a good idea to stock up on supplies.

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-02-16, 07:40 PM
Kaitlyn gives a nod to the nurse. Only problem was she was low on money. Still, she was right. If she can't get supplies to recover everyone on her own, then keep walking out to do things to a minimum. Once everyone was fixed up, she'd kill some time and then head to bed unless something came up.

Esprit15
2015-02-19, 07:25 PM
Rex
While the boy likely had a brilliant plan to take out the Cottonee, it evaporated from his mind as he ran, as though the GM some god wished the events to end.

You both sleep well in the Center, awakening the next day to sunshine filtering into the Center.

Myria
You begged and pleaded with Umbra to let you out on the research team. They would need a survivalist after all if there were any problems. You could make sure the job was done while supervised. They could even gather data on your interactions with "normal" humans in a non-laboratory setting (even if that sounded ridiculous to you). Finally she relents, and after a long morning of driving, you find yourself in front of the Center, bugs all cozy in their corners of the van.

Eshkigal
2015-02-19, 09:12 PM
Myria smiles as they roll up, gently polishing Chitin's shell as June skittered up her arm to rest in hiding, her clothes light and composed of linen instead of her homespun silk. Having traveled through the desert had been fruitful once before, that paras nest giving her a chance to save a rare egg from the influence of the damnable mushrooms. As June finally makes it to her head, the tickling feeling of her feet a comfort as she focuses her overly large eyes on Umbra as she began to drift back towards what is about to happen. New people. New activity. She hadn't told Umbra this, but Weavers absolutely crave activity, and the listlessness of their studies had been slowly making her more and more unable to focus, even though she was more used to functioning independently than many of her fel...former fellows. It was distracting not being around the hive. The lack of the smells felt wrong. Lonely. Easy to get lost in at times. It was something Umbra did not quite understand, but then again most people didn't have the same sense of smell Weavers do. But June and Chitin helped, and it wasn't complete disassociation. People still swarmed, just like at home, just not for the same causes. Each a hive of their own, driven by their own causes...this is as much a study on her end as it is a study on herself. As she steps out, her fingers dance upon Chitin's head, trails of her own message seeping into the air around him as he nods, confident. None would be able to sneak in without a fight.

Not after Umbra got ambushed yesterday. No, especially not after that. She was not a Warrior caste, but she knows to protect the swarm. Right now, Umbra was her swarm, the closest thing to a Queen she had for the orders she gave, though much more malleable. Compromising. It would not do to lose her. So the tall, lanky girl stands close to her, June wandering around her body at neck height to ensure no harm came to their Queen, their, what was the word, friend? Friend, friend is the right word. Still too distant to be family, but she is of Myria's swarm.
"So, these workers are likely here, mi'Umbra? I don't think you mentioned their names."

Esprit15
2015-02-19, 09:29 PM
"Yes, Rex and Kait. You may have seen the former in the library. The latter is an amateur wrestler from The Under," the professor says with a nod. "I told them that I would be early, hopefully they realized just how early." She pauses as though to think about something. "The more I ponder it, the better an idea it seems that you go on this expedition. I don't know much about this Kait girl, but I feel more comfortable knowing that two Lab workers will be here, not just one. Easier to trust you all. Plus, I know you can take care of them if something goes wrong out there."

Eshkigal
2015-02-19, 10:07 PM
Myria taps her chin as she tries to remember anyone she may have seen called Rex, but comes up blank.
"So long as they listen if needed. I am to understand that sometimes, there is no understood chain of command when there should be? Deference to specialties? That is normal, correct?"
It is stated as fact, as it had been repeatedly made apparent in watching the many mill about. While there was chain of command, it was routinely ignored or worked around, or disregarded outside. Not that she could blame people for ignoring cops, mind. Orre had come a long way since he days of old, but she knew how far it still had to go. After all, she was born of Pyrite, fondly known as the Fool's Pit. The streets of Pyrite still had a long way to go.

Arcran
2015-02-22, 09:40 AM
Rex gets up early, giving himself plenty of time to shower, get dressed, get some food and even run through some quick training with his team. It was nothing too strenuous; mostly just quick drills to keep their edges and ensure they didn't lose all the group had worked for in their time together but, as always, the Pokemon seemed to come out of it far stronger than they had been before.

By the time the sun was up Rex was already waiting at the predetermined location, ready to embark on his trip. He hadn't managed to get the funds for supplies he wanted but he'd have to make do. Potions were overrated anyways, right?

Using all my Ace stuff and my Trainings.

Punn gets 7 EXP, Clint gets 6

MichaelGoldclaw
2015-02-22, 11:06 AM
BeepBeepBepp. BeepBeepBepp. BeepBeepBepp.

Ugh, already?

BeepBeepBepp. BeepBeepBepp. BeepBeepBepp.

I thought I hit snooze. She then turned around to look at the clock "IT'S 6:50!" she cries out in disbelief. She turned it off and quickly got out of bed. She took a quick shower, brushed her teeth rather quickly. crapcrapcrapcrapcrap. She was rushing to put on her clothes and gather her things. She went through her mental checklist, luckily she didn't have much with her. "alright time to go with ONE MINUTE TO SPARE!" she ran out the door, grabbing a to-go breakfast as she began to rush to arrive not too late. "I'mlate.I'mlate.I'msolate.CRAPCRAPCRAPCRAP!"

Eshkigal
2015-02-22, 01:27 PM
Myria looks to the source of expletives and worried smells, panic flooding the air around the wrestler.
"If it helps, you are still earlier than expected."
Myria waves to both with a smile on her face, June climbing out of her clothing to wave as well, a tiny chirp coming from her in heartfelt greeting. To the others, she was thin, wiry, arms looking more like someone stretched a smaller person out than naturally grown from what little was not covered in baggy wrappings. Myria looks over both critically.
"...However, before we go out into the desert, both of you should likely change into linens and clothes that cover more skin. Better to not waste time in the sands, or they will steal all they can from you."

Arcran
2015-02-23, 12:23 PM
"And who are you?" Rex says bluntly, looking at the vehicle. He'd been told there would be two people accompanying him and, unless he didn't know how to count, the wiry woman would make three.