PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Help (Not for Goff's eyes)

Serpentine
2007-03-28, 10:02 PM
Wellity. I've sent my loverly party off after an "oracle" to find out how to get off this Americas-style continent. This oracle is a water weird, and I didn't realise until after I decided that that they're all about healing and bringing down tyrants, so I'm gonna have her send them on to an air weird, who cover travel. My question is thusly: would the water weird require a gift just for directing them on to the air weird? The characters have recently picked up a couple of items that could easily have belonged to a long-dead tyrant - a circlet of persuasion and a +something obsidian dagger - so there's ready-made presents there, but would the weird require it?
Also, if anyone has, or has links to, ready-made American weapon stats that'd be mightily handy, but I think I can make do without.
Also also, does anyone have any ideas on how to compensate for a lack of primary combatants? If our new player gets her way and is a tiefling (homebrewed) sorceror, the main combatant will be my knight sans horse, with the rest of the party consisting of a druid (secondary combatant, secondary spellcaster, secondary healer), a rogue (secondary-tertiary combatant), and a mystic thurge (not-quite-primary-yet spellcaster/healer). Goff seems a little doubtful about adding a sorceror, but I'm sure it can be compensated for, I'm just not sure how (a distinct lack of coordination and tactics doesn't help here).
Thankee anyone who tries to help.

silentknight
2007-03-29, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure if it is in the fluff about weirds, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask for a gift before helping the characters. Something small, or a simple quest to help "her" out.

A Horn of Valhalla may help get some meat shields in there to combat the baddies.

Matthew
2007-03-29, 07:54 PM
Pretty much anything plot appropriate? I second the idea of a quest of some sort.