PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question About Metamagic Feats

Gale
2014-12-19, 12:06 AM
I never played a primary spellcaster before and was looking into making a wizard character when I stumbled across a build in this guide here. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=394.msg8046#msg8046) I'm not sure why but it tells you to pick up the metamagic feat Cooperative Spell at 1st level even though this is impossible since the prerequisite for the feat is having another metamagic feat. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here or if the build is just broken.

torrasque666
2014-12-19, 01:22 AM
Human and/or Flaws.
Or anything else that grants an open bonus feat at 1st.

EDIT: Upon actually reading it. He's a Strongheart Halfling. A Race from Races of Faerun that gets a bonus feat at 1st like a human does.

EDIT AGAIN!: Actually, yeah. Its borked.

Telonius
2014-12-19, 01:57 AM
Yep, looks like a pretty major oversight there - maybe he thought Cloudy Conjuration was metamagic instead of general? Still, completely fixable. Swap out Improved Initiative for any metamagic feat, and it should be good.

Troacctid
2014-12-19, 02:06 AM
Yep, looks like a pretty major oversight there - maybe he thought Cloudy Conjuration was metamagic instead of general? Still, completely fixable. Swap out Improved Initiative for any metamagic feat, and it should be good.

That works fine if you can find a metamagic feat that is also a Fighter bonus feat, but I'm pretty sure there aren't any like that.

eggynack
2014-12-19, 02:09 AM
Swap out Improved Initiative for any metamagic feat, and it should be good.
Not possible. The improved initiative is from the fighter bonus feat ACF, which means that you get either that, another fighter feat, or scribe scroll. I think the best answer is moving extend spell to first, cooperative to third, and sculpt spell to seventh.

Necroticplague
2014-12-19, 08:52 AM
Doesn't work. he either forgot the prereqs for cooperative spell, or thought cloudy conjuration was a metamagic. Just swap cloudy conjuration for a metamagic feat and it works fine.