PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF Dexterity Barbarian?

Oracle_of_Void
2014-12-19, 01:12 AM
I've got an idea for a dexterity based barbarian rolling around in my head. Problem is that Rage gives bonuses to strength when I need dex. So, basically, is there an archetype (or, perhaps, an item?) that changes a barbarian's Rage bonus to dex and con instead of str and con? I vaguely recall reading in a thread that D&D had an ACF that did this but I'd prefer Pathfinder material. Please limit suggestions to material from Paizo and Dreamscarred Press.

Drelua
2014-12-19, 01:24 AM
There is indeed an archetype that does this, the Urban Barbarian. It doesn't give you a bonus to DEX and CON, but it does let you put your +4 bonus from rage into whichever physical stat you want, chosen every time you start raging. It even lets you divide the bonus among different scores, in increments of 2.

Oracle_of_Void
2014-12-19, 01:28 AM
There is indeed an archetype that does this, the Urban Barbarian. It doesn't give you a bonus to DEX and CON, but it does let you put your +4 bonus from rage into whichever physical stat you want, chosen every time you start raging. It even lets you divide the bonus among different scores, in increments of 2.

Hmmm, that is pretty close to what I was looking for. The loss of fast movement isn't ideal and the replacement feature is alright I guess. Any other options?

BWR
2014-12-19, 02:12 AM
There's the Serene Barbarian (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/4-winds-fantasy-gaming---barbarian-archetypes/serene-barbarian) which gives Dex and Wis instead of Str and Con. It's third party, though.

grarrrg
2014-12-19, 02:12 AM
Hmmm, that is pretty close to what I was looking for. The loss of fast movement isn't ideal and the replacement feature is alright I guess. Any other options?

Do note that Urban-Rage is optional, you can always "normal rage" if you so choose.

Savage Technologist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/savage-technologist) gives a bonus to STR and DEX, but is semi-Firearm based (and I think there's a typo towards the end of the Rage-replacement, and it should be "instead of CON they gain DEX").

deuxhero
2014-12-19, 03:43 AM
With DSP stuff, you might want to try throwing based. Combining Charging Hurler (throw weapons on a charge), Deadly Throw (replace strength to damage on throws with dex to damage within 30 feet) and Horn of the Criosphinx (deal 2x strength damage if use a two handed weapon two handedly on a charge, with no requirement that you would have gotten 1.5 strength) is the ONLY way I know of to get more than 1x dex to damage

Maenad is well suited for this, being psionic and getting extra rounds of rage and it lets you be a lawful barbarian

Ninjaxenomorph
2014-12-19, 02:09 PM
Do note that Urban-Rage is optional, you can always "normal rage" if you so choose.

Savage Technologist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/savage-technologist) gives a bonus to STR and DEX, but is semi-Firearm based (and I think there's a typo towards the end of the Rage-replacement, and it should be "instead of CON they gain DEX").

Note that while there is no official Errata yet, the discussion thread on the book has one of the developers fixing mistakes, and that is one of them. Silus can regale you with stories of his dervish bard with levels of Urban Barbarian.

StreamOfTheSky
2014-12-21, 10:56 AM
Could you use 3E material? There was a rage variant in 3E called Ferocity, that gave Str/Dex instead of Str/Con.