PDA

View Full Version : The Temple of Inari XLI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Fenric
2007-03-28, 10:19 PM
You have entered the temple of Inari, in her capacity as the Goddess of Foxes.

You walk down an elegant white gravel pathway between full-grown pines. Stone lanterns provide a pure white light to the path, while casting elegant shadows among the trees.

At the end of the pathway, a bright red gate stands. A large fox carved from white alabaster gleams at each side of the gate. As you pass between the foxes and through the gate, you feel the presence of the goddess. Gentle and caring, but mischievous and lighthearted, you are never quite certain what will happen.

Past the exquisite formal gardens, you finally step into the pagoda itself. There, at the end of chamber is a raised dais. There rests a statue of a beautiful werefox woman, flanked by two snow-white celestial foxes. Offerings of rice and incense stand before the statue.

In a niche off to the right side of the door sits a Fox-Cola vending machine. Next to the coin slot, the sign reads "10 cp";.

To the left side of the door is a magic mirror. This mirror is actually a portal to Trog's Tavern.

Temple Maphttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/NewTempleMap.gif
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/TempleUnderground.gif
Temple Viewhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Temple.gif
Profile for InariAlignment: Chaotic Good
Primary Domains: Good, Plant, Chaos, Healing
Secondary Domains: Magic, Sun, Animal, Trickery, Knowledge, Water
Forbidden Domains: Evil, Law, War, Death, Destruction

Goddess of the cultivation and growth of rice, including rice products. This gives her minor coverage for fertility. She is also the racial goddess of foxes, werefoxes, and kitsune.

Priest Granted Powers

Rice Paddy: Once per day
As Entangle, but the ground changes to knee-deep mud, and instead of creepers, mature rice plants twist and writhe to grapple anything in the area.

Sushi Bar: Once per day
You create rice, fish, and sake. You can create enough to feed one medium sized creature for each two caster levels.

Summon Celestial Fox: Special
You summon an image of Myobi (if you are a priestess) or Myobu (if you are a priest). The fox has HD equal to your level plus your wisdom bonus. In combat, the fox fights the same as a normal fox, but with appropriate bonuses for HD.

Cumulative Fox Abilities
{table="Head"]Priest Level|Times per Day|Special
1|1|Fight, scout, and Cure Minor Wounds
3|2|Cure Light Wounds
5|3|Status
7|4|Magic Circle Against Evil
9|4|Cure Serious Wounds[/table]
Temple Facilities

Everything but the Sanctuary and Garden has Dimensional Lock. The entire facility is Hallowed as per the spell with the Bless effect. A permanent Flame Quench (the reversed form of the 2nd edition Fire Storm spell) is on in a quiescent form on all the buildings. It can be triggered by any full priest.

- Sanctuary: the main sanctuary has the altar. This is where you must pray to speak to the goddess directly. There is a general magic circle in the center of the room. Next to the magic circle is a laurel tree that has grown into the structure of the building. This tree is sentient and contains the soul of Fenric's brother, Fendran. It can extend vine tendrils and cast shadow mysteries as a 10th level wizard/10th level shadowcaster/10th level noctumancer.

- Meditation Gardens: accessed through a door at the far end of the sanctuary. This is a standard zen garden with raked gravle, shady nooks, picturesque pines, stone lanterns, and small intricate bridges. An artifical stream hosts large koi, and a grand cherry tree resides on a picturesque island in the middle of a good sized pond.

- Priest's Quarters: accessed by going down the stairs "halfway down the sanctuary, to the right", which leads to a covered pathway (technically under the garden).

- Summoning chamber (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31471)

Priests
Chairman and High Priest: Exachix NorZilliar(PC)

Council of Head Priests
{table]Head of Services|<vacancy>
Head of Clerics|Atreyu, The Masked Llama (PC)
Head of Accounts|Valathe (PC, Hoseki)
Head of Healers|<vacancy>
Head of Facilities|Hachiro (NPC)
Secretary|Anna (PC, seftsirag)[/table]Priests

Aramir (PC, Kyrian/Ares)
Rain (PC)
Aikidu (PC, guest cleric: not a priest of Inari)
Voxendi (PC, Gezina)
Knight Defenders of the Faith
This is a prestige class developed with the help of Fenric, Earin, Kantur, Deadly, Rilik, Exachix, and Psionic Devotee. Here is the SRD-style Description. (http://homepage.mac.com/stocksdale_tx/KnightDefenderOfInari.html)

Ilias (PC, inactive)
Aikidu (PC)
Conrad (PC, Kyrian)
Karsen (PC, Exachix)

Rebonack
2007-03-28, 10:23 PM
Maph'tey begins to ponder what he knows about summoning magic which is, frankly, not much. He does however know how to create stuff. Constructs, goods, and possibly even services. While thinking he shifts his position on the sleeping llama to insure maximum fuzzyness.

"Hmmm... I wouldn't be able to call a swarm of sales-men, but I could create a swarm of sales golems. How does that sound?"

Fenric
2007-03-29, 09:39 AM
Izumi nods at the idea.

Given the mental state of the "enemy", I think golems would more than suffice.

Kazuki yawns and stretches. Inuk comes into the sanctuary and waves to the others.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 10:02 AM
Kantur wakes and looks about the sanctuary

Fenric
2007-03-29, 10:08 AM
Kazuki smiles and waves to Kantur

Hi, Kantur. How are you this morning?

Kantur
2007-03-29, 10:21 AM
Morning. I'm good thanks, yourself?

Fenric
2007-03-29, 10:26 AM
Kazuki nods

Doing well. Things seem to be settling down again after all the excitement. I still haven't decided what to do with the refugees from Dad's domain, but I'm leaning toward just sending them all to WinterHearth.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 10:31 AM
Seems like a sensible enough choice...

Fenric
2007-03-29, 10:35 AM
Kazuki nods again

So, how have things been going for you?

Kantur
2007-03-29, 10:47 AM
Hmm, can't comlpain, I'm heading off to the mirror version of town today, then I get the feeling I'm either going to be whisked off somewhere by fate or sleep for about a week...

Fenric
2007-03-29, 11:12 AM
Kazuki arches an eyebrow

Sleeping for a week sounds appealing, but what are you going to mirror-Town for?

Kantur
2007-03-29, 11:15 AM
Some family heirlooms of Lorrian and Exachix's.

((Anyway, I'm off to get something to eat, should be back soon.))

Fenric
2007-03-29, 11:17 AM
(( Ok. I should go get lunch pretty soon myself. ))

Kazuki hmms.

Sounds like it could get interesting quickly. Good luck.

Exachix
2007-03-29, 11:32 AM
((Sorry for my lateness.
I have a report to fix up for tonight and print. Tomorrow should be ok for me. But next week I'm going on holiday.. for how long i don't know, and when exactly I don't know. But it should be no longer than a week. =( ah well.))

Exachix wakes slowly.

Lorrian heads out to the Sanctuary.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 11:46 AM
((Woo for delays to plots! Tomorrow evening I'll be on holiday 'til April 8th...))

Kantur looks over and spots Lorrian
Evening you.

Exachix
2007-03-29, 11:48 AM
((Ok, so should we leave it for now? Or do you want to go for it?))

Lorrian smiles.
"Hello!"

Kantur
2007-03-29, 11:59 AM
((Either's fine with me, if you want to concentrate on your report tonight, concentrate on that - I can wait, your teachers might not :smallwink:))

How're you this fine day?

Exachix
2007-03-29, 12:00 PM
((heh. Maybe, sorry then, we'll have to postpone it.))

Lorrian smiles.

"I'm ok."

Kantur
2007-03-29, 12:12 PM
Good. Sleep well?

Exachix
2007-03-29, 12:16 PM
Lorrian nodds and sits down, looking up at him.

"Yep! You?"

InaVegt
2007-03-29, 12:19 PM
A portal appears in the sanctuary, it's blue with white swirls and a growing red center.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 12:28 PM
Hmm, I slept, but I could've slept better I suppose.

Exachix
2007-03-29, 12:29 PM
Lorrian hmms.

"What was wrong?"

InaVegt
2007-03-29, 12:34 PM
A raven comes out of the portal, it is bearing a red collar.

Excuse me, is this the nexus of power under the name of the Town?

Kantur
2007-03-29, 12:36 PM
Just not the comfiest of places out here.

Yes, this is the Town.

Exachix
2007-03-29, 12:38 PM
Lorrian hmms and hugs him.

"Awww."

She looks at the Raven, watching.

InaVegt
2007-03-29, 12:39 PM
Great, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Astorl, a wereraven.

Exachix
2007-03-29, 12:44 PM
Lorrian hmms.

((back after food))

Kantur
2007-03-29, 12:48 PM
He smiles and hugs Lorrian back before turning to Astorl
I'm Kantur.

InaVegt
2007-03-29, 12:52 PM
So, how can I get a decent job here? I'm not picky, just in need of a job.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 01:05 PM
Ask people. Honestly, you won't find too many prejudice people around here. There's taverns and temples aplenty for a start, there's some places down the docks I think, just look around, see what suits your strengths. And there's normally an adventure or three being planned if that's more up your street, just a matter of finding them.

InaVegt
2007-03-29, 01:07 PM
Tavern's and temples don't suit to my tastes, I'm afraid of water and I'm not much of an adventurer, yeah I'm picky.

Exachix
2007-03-29, 01:09 PM
Lorrian just listens.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 01:18 PM
Then I couldn't really suggest much to you other than look around and hope something looks good.

InaVegt
2007-03-29, 01:22 PM
Maybe

The raven starts to make raveny noises

Kantur
2007-03-29, 01:30 PM
Kantur wanders slowly around the sanctuary

Deadly
2007-03-29, 01:50 PM
Chi wakes up as he remembers that he's still here. He sighs, puts his book away and leaves

Exachix
2007-03-29, 01:52 PM
Lorrian hmms and watches Kantur.

Fenric
2007-03-29, 03:02 PM
The already unresponsive foxes all disappear

(( sorry. too busy today ))

Exachix
2007-03-29, 03:16 PM
((That's fine. Good luck.

YAY! Got this stupid report finished... add line spacing.... Shock.

It was meant to be 60 pages... It's not 124.... Oops))

Kantur
2007-03-29, 03:39 PM
Kantur wakes from his semi-coma

((I hate packing))

Exachix
2007-03-29, 03:45 PM
((*sigh*

So much was wrong... It's being fixed))

Lorrian smiles to him.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 04:01 PM
Kantur starts practicing with his swords.

Exachix
2007-03-29, 04:04 PM
Lorrian sighs and starts to watch, seeming tired.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 04:12 PM
Everything ok?

Exachix
2007-03-29, 04:14 PM
Lorrian nodds.

"Yes. I'm just a little tired."

She smiles. "Don't stop on that though because of me."

Kantur
2007-03-29, 04:17 PM
As you wish.

Exachix
2007-03-29, 04:18 PM
Lorrian smiles and continues to watch him.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 04:22 PM
Kantur continues to practice

Exachix
2007-03-29, 04:23 PM
Lorrian watches still, smiling faintly, once she falls breifly to sleep but wakes right back up, and watches.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 04:25 PM
Kantur smiles watching her as he practices.

Exachix
2007-03-29, 04:29 PM
Lorrian smiles and watches his practicing.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 04:33 PM
Kantur sheathes the swords and wanders over to her

Exachix
2007-03-29, 04:36 PM
Lorrian smiles to him as he walks over.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 04:45 PM
Are you sure you're not too tired?

Exachix
2007-03-29, 04:46 PM
Lorrian hmms.

"I can stay awake if you want."

Kantur
2007-03-29, 04:49 PM
You don't need to stay awake for me.

Exachix
2007-03-29, 04:51 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"I don't mind... honest."

It's evident she's very tired.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 04:53 PM
I think you should go to bed, you look tired.

Exachix
2007-03-29, 04:54 PM
Lorrian sighs.

"Well, I am. Just a bit." She smiles wearily. "But I shall if you say so."

Kantur
2007-03-29, 04:57 PM
He smiles at her
What's gotten into you? You wouldn't normally wait for me to tell you to go to bed.

Exachix
2007-03-29, 05:00 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"I don't know."

She smiles to him and stands. "Well, I think I'll be off to bed then."

Kantur
2007-03-29, 05:04 PM
Alright, I'll be through in a few minutes.
He kisses her cheek

Exachix
2007-03-29, 05:06 PM
Lorrian smiles and kisses him back.

"Ohkay."

She smiles and heads off to bed.

Kantur
2007-03-29, 05:44 PM
Kantur wanders the sanctuary, making sure everything's fine. Seeing nothing odd, he stops in front of the mirror and looks over himself.
Ugh, I need more sleep.
He turns away from the mirror, it mists over and a man steps out. Black haired and golden eyed, he stands behind Kantur before speaking.
I always wondered what you'd be like since I heard of this place. Doesn't surprise me really.
The stranger grabs Kantur and pushes him through the mirror just before it goes clear again.

((As Kazuki said, sleeping for a week sounds appealing...Did you really expect me to let him sleep for a week? :smalltongue:))

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-30, 01:34 AM
A floating disk with Eric on it comes through the mirror from Trog's and realizes its range limit was exceeded. It stops existing, dumping Eric onto the floor rather unceremoniously.

((Yes, I had permission. See Trog's Tavern CLV, page 34))

Veg Sorbet
2007-03-30, 07:24 AM
((whee! 3 week easter break starts today! =D))

Some acolytes take Eric up to the hospital wing.

((I've spoilered the rest because it got stupidly long...))
Anna, Gravesend, Zilbipaetum and Dalwasephad emerge from the records room, and look towards one corner, where a silver-rimmed portal opens. Quollar steps through, wrapped in thick furs, and coated with a layer of snow.

The blizzard occurring in the other world sends a small srift of snow and ice into the sanctuary, as five figures step through, towering over Quollar's 7ft9 frame.

Quollar quickly closes the portal, and walks over to the others. the huge figures follow after him. anyone looking closely at their faces may be surprised to see that they all wear the same neutral expression. their eyes remain on Quollar at all times.

Anna looks at them, slightly nervously, and raises an eyebrow at Quollar. A gift from S'ramen Droce, one of Zimbraw's oldest colleagues. He responds. Anna raises her eyebrow again, and walks up to the closest of the figures. Uh, hi there, I'm... She trails off, as she realises that the figure is still staring at the back of Quollar's head.

Quollar laughs slightly. they're a kind of biological construct - their minds have been constructed for battle and following orders only. They'll stay like that until ordered to do something... He turns to face them, and barks an order in a low voice. The figures, roughly nine feet tall and vaguely human-like, slowly lower themselves down and sit on the floor.

Anna frowns slightly, looking a little uncomfortable. Quollar sighs slightly. 'all the help we can get' is the commonly used phrase, I believe... I know... it just seems so wrong, creating life just to fight a war for you... Anna says, looking at the figures with sympathy in her eyes. Quollar nods. I must admit, I don't like it either. Zimbraw and S'ramen never quite saw eye to eye in that regard... He trails off, shaking his head.

Gravesend and the two monks look at the figures. The monks converse in their native language, apparently both fascinated and disgusted by the figures. Gravesend frowns. What exactly are they going to be useful for? he asks. Quollar comes out of a contemplative daze, and responds, well, they're immune to the effects of your trype of energy... go on, blast one with a lightball... Gravesend does so. the energy smashes into the bald, tanned and tattooed head of one of the figures, and fizzles out of existance.

Gravesend nods, then quickly manifests a sword made of bright orange, solid energy, and strikes at the figure's neck. The blade shatters, and dissipates. Gravesend's eyes widen in shock, as he feels a surge of energy jolt through him.

Everyone else watches as he is flung half-way across the sanctuary, landing heavily. They all wince as the landing is accompanied by a very unnatural crunching sound.

Anna immediately dashes over to help, kneeling beside him, and accidentally brushing a hand against his arm. almost immediately, the point at which they connected begins to glow. this glow slowly spreads over both their forms, until they are both enveloped in a shimmering golden light. Gravesend's shattered form begins to knit itself back together, until he is fully healed. The glow then fades away.

Gravesend sits up, wondering what exactly is going on, and why Quollar and the two monks are staring at him, with slightly surprised expressions on their faces, why he is on the ground, and why Anna has pretty much passed out beside him.

Quollar comes over, helps him to his feet, and explains what happened. between them, Quollar and Gravesend take Anna up to her quarters.

The two monks retreat to the records room, and the five figures remain seated in the middle of the sanctuary.

a while later, Gravesend returns to the records room, and quollar disappears through another portal.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-30, 07:38 AM
The displacer beast looks up quietly and observes Zilbapaetrum, following his movements closely.

((Seftsirag you don't have any desire to make something of this, that's fine. I can always use the lack of attention to the displacer beast to help turn him evil for a while. :smallsmile:))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 12:17 PM
*The llama wakes up, brushes the grass off him and eats a bit of it, then he trots into the sanctuary and ponders up at Inari.*

Exachix
2007-03-30, 12:18 PM
Exachix wanders into the Sanctaury soon after.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 12:24 PM
*Atreyu waves to Exachix* "Hello, Holy Exachix. How's the duties?"

Exachix
2007-03-30, 12:26 PM
Exachix smiles.

"They are ok Holy Atreyu. How are you doing?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 12:30 PM
"I'm well rested and relaxed. I'm hoping Merant forgot about our interaction yesterday."

Exachix
2007-03-30, 12:32 PM
Exachix smiles.

"Yeah, He may, he may not."

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 12:36 PM
"Weeee! Llama ride!" comes Meph'tey's still squeaky voice as he continues to cling to Atreyu. "Have you made those thank you notes yet? Or had them commissioned. Or something?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 12:40 PM
*The llama grins* "Try this for a llama ride" *He takes off running around the garden at top speeds, making quick turns, tryingto give Maph'tey the ride of his life*

Exachix
2007-03-30, 12:41 PM
Exachix sits in a chair and watches them.

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 12:46 PM
As Atreyu races around the courtyard Maph'tey still manages to hang on. This hanging one involves his talons managing to snag in the llama's wool while the rest of his little body bounces and flaps and finally pulls free.

Maph'tey careens through the air, tumbling end over end, before sticking headfirst into the ground. Not because he pounded a hole into it, mind you, but because he's sort of incorporeal.

His hind legs flail rather fruitlessly as he attempts to overcome the ground's superior grapple modifier.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 12:51 PM
*Atreyu bleats very embarrassed and goes rushing over to try to help Maph'tey out* "you're supposed to hold on!"

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 12:57 PM
The llama does indeed manage to aid Maph'tey in his epic struggle against the very earth itself.

Ok, it wasn't very epic at all. But it was amusing.

"I... well... I didn't want to stick my claws in you," he replies, sounding equally embarrassed by the whole ordeal.

*cough*

"Anyway, I settled on how to make the salesmen. And I think I know what I can have them sell."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 01:03 PM
"oooh, what's that? and its okay to claw me. Exachix can heal me."

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 01:13 PM
"It needs to be something that sounds important but is, ultimately, not particularly practical," Maph'tey responds with an impish grin. "So I was thinking of swamping the place with forty salesmen purporting to sell forty different brands of alter horn polish."

He doesn't, however, respond to the 'ok to claw me' comment.

Exachix
2007-03-30, 01:13 PM
Exachix looks up from reading, hmms, and goes back to reading.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 01:17 PM
*Atreyu falls on the ground, laughing* "That's great"

Deadly
2007-03-30, 01:29 PM
Grace flies into the sanctuary and looks around

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 01:31 PM
The librarian makes her way slowly up the path to the temple of Inari. The nearer she gets, the less comfortable she appears and by the time she reaches the sanctuary, she looks stressed and ready to walk straight back out again.

Exachix
2007-03-30, 01:32 PM
Exachix looks over to the Librarian and hmms.

"Hello, welcome to Inari's temple."

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 01:35 PM
The librarian smiles weakly at Exachix.

"Hello," she says, adding a shy bow. "I, uh... I thought I'd visit..." she adds, losing her nerve.

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 01:35 PM
"You think it sounds good? Here's a demonstration!"

What appear to be a man in a well kept, albeit cheap, three piece suit suddenly pops into existence. He is, in fact, only a construct, but one masterfully crafted so as to appear as realistic as possible.

In his hand is a sizable briefcase filled with, you guessed it, cans of alter horn polish.

"Greetings sir! May I complement you on the fine condition of the temple grounds here?" the construct begins his pitch, approaching Atreyu with a friendly 'I like your money!' sort of smile. He continues before the llama gets a chance to respond. "And I can see from the stunning attention to detail here that you are, indeed, a priest with discerning tastes. That's why I am here to offer you a once in a life time opportunity to improve the appearance of this temple's alter through the use of Damascus Alter Horn Polish™!"

At this point he pops open the case revealing perhaps thirty small ceramic jars that are ostensibly filled with said polish.

"That's right! Damascus, the company that brought you the oldest continually settled human habitation, now offers top of the line alter horn polish crafted by our expert alchemists from only the finest ingredients painstakingly gathered from the Dead Sea wilderness! Damascus brand alter horn polish will not only give your alter horns a shine that rivals the sun itself, but it will also fill your sanctuary with the sweet aroma of our patented blend of mixed in spices!"

"For a limited time you can purchase a jar of Damascus Alter Horn Polish™ for the low low price of only forty gold pieces per jar! So what do you say, sir? There's no greater service than keeping your sanctuary presentable to your deity and there's no better way to do that than with gloriously polished alter horns! This once in a life-time offer won't last long and stalk is running low. How many jars can I put you down for, sir?"

Maph'tey grins, apparently very pleased with his work.

Exachix
2007-03-30, 01:37 PM
Exachix hmms, not realising his form may be unnerving her.

"People don't just decide to visit usually without a reason. What's the matter?"

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 01:41 PM
"...I'm not well," the librarian says quietly. "And I didn't know who else to turn to."

Exachix
2007-03-30, 01:43 PM
Exachix smiles faintly, closing his book and putting it in his robe.

"What's the problem?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 01:43 PM
"umm...well...the statue does need...I mean....errr....well, but its washed every day. GOASKEXACHIX!" *the llama bolts from the golem, his tail between his legs. He stops as he sees Libris in the sanctuary* "Libris?"

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 01:47 PM
The librarian sees the llama and visibly relaxes a little.

"Heya llama," she says, smiling, before turning back to Exachix. "This is... awkward," she says. "Can I trust you? No matter who asks, can you keep these to yourselves?" she asks, looking at Exachix and Atreyu seriously.

Exachix
2007-03-30, 01:48 PM
Exachix nodds.

"You can. I give you my word that I shall tell no other."

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 01:49 PM
The construct suddenly gets spirited away to wherever it is Maph'tey keeps his stuff. Upon overhearing the whole 'keeping a secret' question he sticks his head in the ground in much the same way one would expect an ostrich to.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 01:51 PM
*The llama nods, looking worried for his friend. He sends any nearby priest out to do gardening*

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 01:55 PM
The librarian folds her arms tightly, a sure sign she's ill-at-ease. She takes a deep breath.

"I've... not been feeling well. Consistently during the night. Normally, I'd put it down to my cooking-" She smiles weakly, then takes a piece of red thread with a bead attached to it out of her bag. Blushing slightly she passes this to Exachix. "It's broken. The other bead crumbled away a few days ago."

Exachix
2007-03-30, 01:56 PM
Exachix takes it and hmms, looking at it.

"Have there been any other anomalies?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 01:57 PM
*Atreyu looks on, confused*

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 02:00 PM
"Not really enjoying the smell of meat right now, which is irritating living with two wolves... beyond that... no, just a bit tired."

Exachix
2007-03-30, 02:01 PM
Exachix hmms and looks at the thread with the bead, trying to work out what it is.

"Sorry, what is this?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 02:04 PM
*Arreyu nuzzles the librarian, trying to help calm her*

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 02:05 PM
The librarian grins at the llama's nuzzle, but turns even more red at Exachix's question.

"You, um... you don't know what that is?" She looks around, then leans forward and whispers something to the priest.

Exachix
2007-03-30, 02:07 PM
Exachix shakes his head before she does whisper, when she has he hmms, and would blush, if he wasn't furry.

"Ah. Ok then. I assume you don't know which bead?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 02:08 PM
*Strains his ears to hear* (BAD LLAMA!)

[roll0] listen (some rogue you are, Atreyu)

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 02:14 PM
The librarian pales.

"Sadly, I know exactly which bead failed," she says.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 02:17 PM
*The llama's ears shoot up, but he stifles a shocked bleat*

Exachix
2007-03-30, 02:18 PM
Exachix goes 'ah'.

"Ah. Ok then." He bites his lip, not knowing what to say.

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 02:22 PM
The librarian looks awkward.

"You can see why I came here now. I just need to know for certain," she says.

Exachix
2007-03-30, 02:27 PM
Exachix nodds.

"Just to be sure? Ok." He hmms, thinking as to how to do this. "Do you mind if I commune to find out?"

McBish
2007-03-30, 02:30 PM
Hospital wing:

Eric tosses and turns during the night and day as his mind is filled with memories that he once had removed but now are storming back in.

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 02:30 PM
"Commune? What does that involve?" the librarian asks warily.

Exachix
2007-03-30, 02:32 PM
Exachix hmms.

"I ask Inari for the awnsers. There are limits to what I can get though, so I ask only yes or no awnsers."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 02:34 PM
"ask if she thinks I'm cute" *he puts on his best adorable face for the Goddess*

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 02:35 PM
The librarian looks relieved.

"Certainly," she says, before adding, more gently, "I hope you get the answers you seek." She grins at Atreyu. "Everyone thinks you're cute, llama," she says. "Including red-winged girls, so I am led to believe."

Exachix
2007-03-30, 02:35 PM
Exachix smiles and casts Commune, specifying the awnsers not 'yelled' into the sanctuary.
He asks but 3 out of 5 questions:
"How are you doing?"
"Is Libris Pregnant?"
"Is Libris under the influence of disease"

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 02:41 PM
The librarian frowns and paces a little.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 02:43 PM
*The llama just blushes, and shuffles his feet.* "well..maybe one of them"

Exachix
2007-03-30, 02:43 PM
Exachix gets the replies, smile's at Inari's first reply, and looks at Libris, before sighing.

"Urm.."

He whispers the answers to her, before smiling faintly.

He smiles to the Llama. "She's dangerous isn't she?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 02:44 PM
"I don'tk now if you mean, Pxp, Libris, or Inari, but yeah, she probably is"

Exachix
2007-03-30, 02:50 PM
Exachix hmms.

"I think I'd be attacked threefold if I decided our Head of Clerics was being lazy. Or more... PxP would burn me, Inari would... well Inari would get Myobi to put me on rice cupboard duty. And Libris... well. I don't know you well enough to anticipate your attack."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 02:53 PM
"I'm not lazy, I just need to sleep alot."

*he turns to Libris, making sure she's okay*

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 02:53 PM
The librarian takes a deep breath.

"Ah gods..." She looks up at Exachix and smiles faintly. "My attack? Usually it's not me you should watch, but the wolves..." She looks at the llama and nods tightly, but she still looks pale.

Exachix
2007-03-30, 02:56 PM
Exachix smiles faintly.

"I'm sorry, I hope you'll be well. Don't worry about it. You'll always be able to come here for help."

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 02:58 PM
A muffled voice sounds from not too far away.

"Are you guys done telling secrets? Can I pull my head out of the ground yet?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 02:58 PM
"Yeah. We're here for you." *He nuzzles Libris again and will stay by her until she leaves*

(Gotta run. Farewll everyone.)

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 02:59 PM
The librarian looks a little helpless.

"This complicates things like you wouldn't believe," she sighs. before looking at Exachix gratefully. "Thank you... I doubt this will be the last you see of me." She strokes the llama's ears affectionately (similiar to how she'd treat Greeny).

Exachix
2007-03-30, 03:01 PM
Exachix nodds.

"Don't worry. Sometimes that can be good."

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 03:06 PM
The librarian tries to look hopeful, but fails.

"I don't know what to do... the Town's so dangerous, and I've made myself a fair number of enemies." She swallows hard. "And that this should happen now... when I might be needed!" She presses her hands over her eyes for a moment. "I'll think of something. Thank you, Exachix."

Exachix
2007-03-30, 03:12 PM
Exachix smiles.

"You'll be able to solve it. If not come here, and enemies won't get in here."

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 03:14 PM
The librarian nods, then heads for the mirror to Trog's. At the last step, she pauses and looks around.

"I'm terrified..."

Exachix
2007-03-30, 03:17 PM
Exachix looks at her.

"Why? Don't we worried. Keep your head high and be safe."

The_Librarian
2007-03-30, 03:20 PM
The librarian nods.

"I'll try." With that, she ducks out of the temple and off to Trog's.

Exachix
2007-03-30, 03:21 PM
Exachix nodds and sits back in his chair, reading.

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 03:29 PM
The voice pipes up again.

"Hello? Are you guys still out there?"

Exachix
2007-03-30, 03:30 PM
Exachix hmms evilly.

"We are."

He heads to bed.

Deadly
2007-03-30, 03:30 PM
Grace wakes up and sighs Dead Time is getting rather annoying.

McBish
2007-03-30, 03:31 PM
Eric continues to toss and turn in the bed in the hospital wing. He seems to be awake now.

Exachix
2007-03-30, 03:32 PM
Mitsuya enters the Hospital wing and looks at him.

"Hello?"

McBish
2007-03-30, 03:34 PM
Eric seems to be unaware of his surrondings. He clutches his head as if he has a bad headache.

Exachix
2007-03-30, 03:35 PM
Mitsuya sighs and falls to NPC mode as Coll goes to bed.

(('night))

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 03:37 PM
"Come on! This isn't funny! Can I pull my head out of the ground yet?" comes the muffled voice once more.

Deadly
2007-03-30, 03:40 PM
Grace follows the muffled voice and tilts her head Uh... why do you have your head stuck in the ground?

McBish
2007-03-30, 03:40 PM
Eric curls up on the bed kicking off any sheets that cover him.

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 03:45 PM
"What? I can't hear you! My head is stuck in the ground!"

The source of the voice appears to be a cat-sized creature that, sure enough, has his head stuck in the dirt.

Deadly
2007-03-30, 03:47 PM
I think you can come out now. she says, louder

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 03:52 PM
Maph'tey, at this point, pulls his head out of the ground and gives it a good shake. He glances about the courtyard, concluding that everyone is apparently done talking about stuff he isn't supposed to be hearing.

Then he notes the dragon.

"Oh! Are you one of Ruby's siblings?"

Deadly
2007-03-30, 03:54 PM
Grace looks sad and nods I am. My name is Grace.

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 03:58 PM
"You're Grace?" he tilts his head to the side a bit. "She seemed to be jealous of you, at least when I met her on the ethereal plane. She seems to be doing fine. Or, well, as fine as a disembodied spirit can be doing."

Deadly
2007-03-30, 04:02 PM
Grace blinks Jealous of me? Why?

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 04:06 PM
"Well... she apparently thinks you're naturally good at everything. And that she's a failure. I told her that she shouldn't judge herself so quickly since she isn't even a year old yet, but it still bugs her that she isn't able to succeed as easily as you."

Deadly
2007-03-30, 04:10 PM
Oh... I didn't know she felt like that. she sighs and looks down I guess my attempts to cheer her up failed rather badly... so that's one thing I'm not good at.

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 04:13 PM
"Do you think you could, umm," he glances about conspiratorially. "Could you tell me a bit about Ruby? What she was like before she, well, you know. What was she good at doing? I think that if she heard some praise from you it might cheer her up some."

Deadly
2007-03-30, 04:21 PM
Grace sighs She spent most of the time to herself. She always seemed so sad, so I tried to cheer her up in various ways. I fear she might have thought I was making fun of her or something.

She did write some things, but like me she didn't really like showing it to others. What little I saw looked ok, though. If she spent more time on it I'm sure it could be great, but honestly I think she spent more time being sad than writing. Grace thinks a bit She sang very nicely... though that too was rare. I can't sing if my life depended on it, so thats certainly something she's better at.

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 04:25 PM
Maph'tey grins.

"I'll tell her you said that. I think it'll mean quite a bit to her."

Deadly
2007-03-30, 04:35 PM
Grace smiles I hope so. I really just wish she'd be happy.

[hr]
After a while she waves goodbye to Maph'tey and returns to the pond

Fenric
2007-03-30, 07:45 PM
Fenric appears in a swirl of blue-tinged shadows, leaving the evil tower to a time-shifting. He looks around, then reads the past of the temple to see what has gone on recently.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 09:30 PM
*the llama gets hungry and creates sushi bar. He munches the rice and offers the fish to Fenric

Fenric
2007-03-30, 09:33 PM
Fenric grins

Still don't like fish, Atreyu?

He munches the fish, willing it to be Mackrel. He spreads a decent quantity of wasabi on, but discards the pickled ginger.

McBish
Hospital wing:

Eric sits silently in the bed staring at the wall not moving or noticing what is going on around him.

Fenric
The master healer comes over to Eric with concern

Sir?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 09:34 PM
"nah. Not yet." *he says with a grin* "Maybe in a few years."

McBish
2007-03-30, 09:35 PM
Eric continues to stare into space. If you look closely you can see where his tears ran down his face not to long ago.

Fenric
2007-03-30, 09:38 PM
The healer tilts his head in concern

Is there anything we can do, sir?

[Sanctuary]

Fenric chuckles

There's no hurry. What's been going on lately? I've been off rescuing Aiki and Alraune for a while now...

McBish
2007-03-30, 09:40 PM
Eric finnaly notices the man and looks up and shakes his head. Then he winces as another memory pops into his head.

Fenric
2007-03-30, 09:42 PM
[Hospital]

The healer sighs

Please do let us know if there is anything at all you require.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 09:43 PM
"well, I ticked off Merant when he kept trying to convince me to cheat on pxp.ummm...librarian stopped by, but I'm sworn to secrecy ......and that's about it. I got a nice nap or two.

McBish
2007-03-30, 09:45 PM
Eric curls up in his bed.

Fenric
2007-03-30, 09:48 PM
Fenric chuckles

Atreyu... who did Exachix ask for his information again? But don't worry: I won't spread anything around.

Merant tried to talk you into cheating on Phoenixineohp? I have trouble imagining that even he is that dumb.

[Hospital]

The healers keep careful watch on Eric. They keep careful watch on everyone who comes to the hospital, of course; but they start keeping especial watch on Eric.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 09:52 PM
"Trust me, he's plenty stupid enough to try."

"oh yeah, part of a god now. I kinda forget that."

Fenric
2007-03-30, 09:55 PM
Fenric shakes his head

And he clames to be a god just because Bane tricked him. Yeah, I guess you're right.

Anything else interesting?

McBish
2007-03-30, 09:57 PM
Eric does nothing for awhile except wince as if he has a bad headache.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 09:57 PM
I don't think so

you know about the tree rihgt?

all tha rice made me tirsty

Fenric
2007-03-30, 10:01 PM
Fenric turns and looks at the tree

I know... but he's happier now. Frankly, he's happy. For the first time in six hundred years.

And we are in an interesting situation with respect to the bureaucracy right now.

Fenric smiles

Of course. Take care, Atreyu.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 10:02 PM
"Farewell and tempt not the fates, Fenric"

*The llama trots through the mirror to Trogs*

McBish
2007-03-30, 10:32 PM
Eric sits up in his bed and gets up. He staggers away heading through the mirror to Trog's.

Fenric
2007-03-30, 10:49 PM
[Hospital]

The healers look at Eric with concern

Are you quite alright, sir? Perhaps it would be best if you rested...

McBish
2007-03-30, 10:52 PM
Eric ignores the healer as he leaves.

Fenric
2007-03-30, 10:59 PM
(( Going to bed... not going to post in Trog's again. Sorry... ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 11:02 PM
(Goodnight Fenric)

McBish
2007-03-30, 11:07 PM
((That is fine. Enjoy sleep.))

Fenric
2007-04-01, 09:15 AM
Fenric reappears, omitting the special effects, and sighs.

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 03:09 PM
Aesa comes through the mirror, leading Kalar.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 03:10 PM
Kalar looks around the temple

Wow...

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 03:13 PM
Aesa smiles and leads him slowly towards the gardens.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 03:21 PM
Kalar's ees light up again

... This is pretty...

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 03:23 PM
Aesa suddenly gets attacked by dead time.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 03:39 PM
Kalar looks around during this dead time...

Fenric
2007-04-01, 05:39 PM
Fenric appears (again) without special effects.

This is getting tedious

Deadly
2007-04-01, 05:40 PM
Rhea flies in and lands on a branch in the tree. She nods a bit at Fenric Greetings.

Fenric
2007-04-01, 05:49 PM
Fenric bows politely

Hello, Rhea. How do you find life as a bird?

Deadly
2007-04-01, 05:51 PM
Oh, it's nice. I honestly can't remember how it was to be anything else, so I might as well always have been a bird. she chirps a bit

Fenric
2007-04-01, 05:53 PM
Fenric smiles

It is done that way on purpose. I do hope you enjoy our rice while you are here. Have you had any trouble?

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 05:54 PM
Aesa finishes showing Kalar around and looks for somewhere else to go.

Deadly
2007-04-01, 05:57 PM
I can't complain. I've mostly just been relaxing... not much else I can do.

Fenric
2007-04-01, 06:01 PM
Fenric nods

True enough. Quite difficult to do much as a bird... generally brought on by a wish for quiet and rest in one's last moments.

Deadly
2007-04-01, 06:03 PM
Rhea chirps Well, it is relaxing, that's for sure. And fortunatly the foxes here leave me alone once I start talking to them. Couldn't do much but flee if they chose otherwise.

Fenric
2007-04-01, 06:06 PM
Fenric smiles

They would likely catch you - foxes can jump much higher than cats. But my children won't try now: they know you.

(( However, the evil foxes who just started infiltrating town now that Kalzarath is dead are another story... ))

Deadly
2007-04-01, 06:09 PM
((Oh my... :)))

And I'm no ordinary bird. I still have a little psionic power, barely a fraction of what it was before my death, but enough to give me an edge... and allow me to talk to people.

Fenric
2007-04-01, 06:13 PM
Fenric grins

Fearless enough. It is a pleasure to have you here, Rhea.

Deadly
2007-04-01, 06:15 PM
Rhea chirps happily And a pleasure to be here. Though I'm still not sure why I came.

Fenric
2007-04-01, 06:17 PM
Fenric shrugs

I'm afraid I have no idea. And as the elemental powers who rule over your kind are not members of the bureaucracy, I have no good way to find out.

Deadly
2007-04-01, 06:20 PM
Rhea tilts her head Elemental powers?

Fenric
2007-04-01, 06:24 PM
Fenric tilts his head

Aren't you a spirit of air as well?

Deadly
2007-04-01, 06:30 PM
No. Originally I was just an elf, but that's so long ago that I can hardly remember. I died a natural death and my spirit ended up on Arboria, like many elves after death. When I was killed there my spirit ceased to be, until Aerdrie decided to bring me back in this form.

((Just to, hopefully, clear up any confusion: Ilias was mainly a celestial, with the air subtype. He was never an elemental, and never really had much to do with the elemental plane. Ilias, and Rhea, fall entirely under the power of the elven pantheon of the FR, in particular Aerdrie Faenya))

Fenric
2007-04-01, 06:35 PM
(( oh. Sorry... ))

Fenric blinks

Oh... I'm sorry. Still.. the elven pantheon isn't much of an improvement as far as relations go: The bureaucracy still believes elves to be a variety of human and doesn't recognize them as a separate species at all, quoting the possiblity of inter-breeding as sufficient evidence.

Deadly
2007-04-01, 06:38 PM
((That's ok. It doesn't help that I have yet to update my character details in the sticky :)))

Rhea tilts her head Really? That's odd.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 07:22 PM
Kalar looks around again, stifling a burst of coughs by overing his mouth

Who were you going to show me?

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 07:27 PM
Who?
I never said I'd show you someone. I said somewhere.

Fenric
2007-04-01, 07:36 PM
Fenric shrugs

They aren't exactly progressive, as gods go.

Deadly
2007-04-01, 07:39 PM
I can imagine that. Must be hard having to deal with them.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 07:40 PM
He frowns

Oh. Okay... I guess I just remember wrong.

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 07:40 PM
Aesa smiles and ruffles his hair.

Fenric
2007-04-01, 07:45 PM
Fenric rolls his eyes and nods

You have no idea.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 07:46 PM
Kalar bounces in and out of the bushes of the gardens before couging again, and looks up at Aesa

Aesa? Can I show you something I learned how to do?

Deadly
2007-04-01, 07:48 PM
Rhea chirps and hops to another branch I'm honestly glad I don't.

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 07:52 PM
Aesa nods.
Sure.

Fenric
2007-04-01, 07:53 PM
Fenric nods

What do you think of our new indoor tree?

Deadly
2007-04-01, 07:56 PM
I like it a lot. You don't see something like that in many places, but perhaps you should. It makes the room seem more peaceful.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 08:00 PM
Kalar makes a few funny handgestures and speaks a slur of garbled anchent words, and his wings grow feathers and turn more bird-like, his tail shrinks away, his skin turns lighter, and his spines dissipear. He looks up at Aesa, a hopeful expression on his face.

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 08:02 PM
Aesa smiles and hugs him.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 08:03 PM
He grins, his shape changing back again once he looses concentration

Hey, can you look like me using the same magic?

Fenric
2007-04-01, 08:08 PM
Fenric bows politely.

I must be going. It was pleasant chatting with you, Rhea.

Fenric simply disappears, being too tired for special effects

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 08:09 PM
Aesa nods.
I could. Do you want me to?

Deadly
2007-04-01, 08:09 PM
Rhea nods at Fenric as he disappears and flies out through a window herself.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 08:32 PM
He grins

Sure. I want to see what you'd look like...

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 08:50 PM
Aesa hums and uses her Seid to give herself manticore wings and a tail.
Her skin grows a bit more orange as well.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 08:54 PM
Kalar smiles and leaps at her

That's magnificent!

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 09:24 PM
Aesa smiles and twitches her tail.
It is rather intriguing.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 09:25 PM
He grins

How so?

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 09:35 PM
Well, the tail is quite new.
And I've always liked these kind of wings... though feathers have their benefits.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 09:39 PM
Like what?

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 09:41 PM
I don't know... they just feel better.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 09:44 PM
He nods, then grins, leaping at Aesa again

Do you like the manticore stuff?

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 09:48 PM
Aesa nods and flicks her tail around.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 09:51 PM
Kalar grins and tries to pounce on her tail

Do your wings work?

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 09:52 PM
Aesa flexes them.
I think so.

Lykan
2007-04-01, 10:03 PM
He grins again, bouncing around

What's Mrs. Hiko gonna think about you looking like that?

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 10:04 PM
Aesa shrugs, then grins.
Want to go find out?

Lykan
2007-04-01, 10:10 PM
He grins as well

Is this gonna be one of those funny things you talk about?

AmberVael
2007-04-01, 10:11 PM
Aesa nods and 'ports them to MistSpire.

Fenric
2007-04-02, 11:12 AM
Krystal wanders into the sanctuary, where she meets Inuk and Kazuki already hanging out; not really doing anything. The bair chat for a while about various inconsequential subjects.

Deadly
2007-04-02, 01:18 PM
Tenshin walks through the portal from WinterHearth and looks around slowly. She nods at the guards before walking into the sanctuary

Fenric
2007-04-02, 01:20 PM
Kazuki stands and smiles, then bows politely

Greetings, neighbor: the blessings of Inari be upon you. What can we do for you today.

Krystal and Inuk also bow politely

Deadly
2007-04-02, 01:24 PM
Tenshin returns the bow Greetings, I am Tenshin. I have come here, seeking rest for the moment, and to offer my service as a healer here in your temple.

Fenric
2007-04-02, 01:27 PM
Kazuki smiles

We would be honored.

A day-shift NPC priestess (two tails) comes over and curtsies politely

If you would follow me, my lady.

The priestess leads the way to the old priest's quarters and shows Tenshin to a comfortable room.

You can rest here while your quarters are prepared

(( If you recall, about 10% of the foxes at the temple are Kitsune ))

Deadly
2007-04-02, 01:32 PM
((I didn't recall, but now I know :)))

Tenshin smiles and looks into the room Thank you, I appreciate this.

Fenric
2007-04-02, 01:36 PM
The priestess smiles

It is our pleasure. Do let us know if there is antyhing we can do for you

She exits, leaving Tenshin to her rest.

Deadly
2007-04-02, 01:42 PM
Tenshin smiles and nods, then walks into the room to get a little rest.