PDA

View Full Version : Have you played the Lendore Isles Series?

cupkeyk
2007-03-29, 02:00 AM
We will be starting the Lendore Isle series of Games this saturday and I would like some advice on meta-building the party and my character in particular.
How does the game play? Is it high intrigue or more hack and slashy. What skills should a skill monkey focus on? How important is rest and healing options?

The DM has informed us that the first level will be an NPC class. I am likely to play the skill monkey and as far as I can see the expert is my best bet, before entering rogue. This sets back my BAB though...

If you had five players all starting at level one, how would you build the party for the Secret of Bone Hill. Please take into consideration that all members of the party will start with an NPC class.

Thanks for the insight.

ken-do-nim
2007-03-29, 11:55 AM
Well, I ran L1 about 3 times back in 1E. It's a hack-and-slash module, but L2 is more detective-work focussed. I didn't run L2 so I'm not that familiar with it.

If I were a player asked to start with an NPC class, I'd prefer to trade it in rather than keep it and multiclass.

Matthew
2007-03-29, 07:50 PM
Indeed, L1 and L2 are very different sorts of Adventures. The third module (L3) was only published in 1999. I haven't played it myself, but from what I hear it is a Monster and Trap heavy Dungeon Crawl.