PDA

View Full Version : magic items help

True believer
2014-12-19, 09:16 PM
hello everyone

I am currently playing a wiz3/cleric3/mystic theurge 4/ Dweomerkeeper2 (emphasizing in the wizard aspect)with the following items:

cloak of the but, Wand of fireball , headband of intelligence +4 and a homemade relic stuff that it is similar to a staff of abjuration.

After killing a dragon we took some loot and i now have 50.000gp and i want to use it all for magic items. I will upgrade my headband of intelligence for sure with the +6 one but i am having some trouble choosing the rest.Any advice ????

Due to the fact that my DM makes me difficult to purchase "powerful-rare items" , concerning the probability of them to be in the store that i enter, i would appreciate if you suggest my some "basic" items for a wizard that i am missing.

ty

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-20, 03:01 AM
There's an item called Cloak of the But? Oh my god, what book is it in?

eggynack
2014-12-20, 03:11 AM
It does sound like a great item. Anyway, you should probably start by picking up some (lesser) metamagic rods of extend spell, because wizards and maybe clerics have a ton of spells worth extending. Other metamagic rods make good choices as well. Beyond that, you could definitely use a belt of battle from the magic item compendium. Extra actions are always amazing, and the belt is one of the best ways to get them. That should eat through most of that gold, I think, and there's always picking up spells and scrolls if that's not enough stuff.

Derpldorf
2014-12-20, 05:45 AM
Cloak of the butt?

Lemme guess, 2/day Cloudkill at the least opportune moments concentration check required to not release.

True believer
2014-12-20, 09:36 AM
Cloak of the Bat: Fashioned of dark brown or black cloth, this cloak bestows a +5 competence bonus on Hide checks. The wearer is also able to hang upside down from the ceiling, like a bat.

By holding the edges of the garment, the wearer is able to fly as per the spell. If he desires, the wearer can actually polymorph himself into an ordinary bat and fly accordingly. (All possessions worn or carried are part of the transformation.) Flying, either with the cloak or in bat form, can be accomplished only in darkness (either under the night sky or in a lightless or near-lightless environment underground). Either of the flying powers is usable for up to 7 minutes at a time, but after a flight of any duration the cloak cannot bestow any flying power for a like period of time.

It is from the Silver Marches Book

bjoern
2014-12-20, 09:48 AM
Cloak of the butt?

Lemme guess, 2/day Cloudkill at the least opportune moments concentration check required to not release.

Lol, coffee came out my nose. Haha

Keld Denar
2014-12-20, 08:50 PM
Required reading! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items)

If you don't have spells to emulate everything on this list, get magic items to do the job.