PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Homebrew IC

Pages : [1] 2

razorback
2014-12-20, 10:58 AM
...Ina kug ba-bar-ra sab tumu mul nam-tar
Ina ges’u’ges da usu da ussa ana’am kig
Ina dirig ki’kukku gu ana’am kar su ti nig’u’rum.

-Fragment of the prophecy of Ul Tel'Menadian, Seer of the Third Court, in the ancient tongue.

Arithanos

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc253/speedtrip/Mobile%20Uploads/Arithanos10-17-10.jpg

A Brief History of Arvinon

The current year is 1242 of the Fifth Age.
The Fifth Age began at the end of the War From Beyond and the defeat of Those From Beyond. The victory tore the land apart, with the Izvis peninsula sinking in part and creating what are now the Pryayatsu Empire and the Straits of Afin’Dor. The nation of Afin’Dor, who’s rulers brought about the war, ceased to be while leaving island littering the Straits with ruins from their former glory.
Most of the times greatest heroes and villains of the time died in the war along with the northern god Falthur Deedkeeper. This included almost all the users of magic be it those who wielded the very fabric of reality, unlocked the powers of the mind, were friends of nature or followed the will of the Gods. The greatest exception was the Tower of Knowledge in the city-state of Arithanos, which became the greatest concentration of magic users of those who survived the war.
Most of the current kingdoms, especially in the west, were created after The War From Beyond by those left in power or those who seized it. The notable exceptions are the dwarf lands of the Granite Kingdom and the elf lands of Gaermound-i-Alkarinqa'ara, although the former lost a substantial portion of its lands as the world sought to heal itself following the War From Beyond.

Silsana (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html?id=525810)

Zen (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html?id=525816)

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?386662-Psionic-Homebrew-OOC

razorback
2014-12-20, 11:10 AM
Dawn rose in the east, dark sky alight with the false dawn for some time as Zen kept watch over Silsana. The two had been travelling for several weeks now from the northern reaches of Devendwil as they made their way to the famed city of Arithanos. Neither had been to the city before but both had heard tales of the mighty magicks still worked in the Tower of Knowledge.
After Silsana awoke and broke her fast, the day felt warmer by the moment, a slight fog still resting above the land that would not last until midday. As the two packed their belongings and made their way down the well kept dirt road, they could hear activity in the surrounding lands even if they couldn't see it, especially the sounds of cattle being herded in the distance. The two spoke briefly before setting of, agreeing that they should be inside the walls of Arithanos before days end if the words of the others travelers they met on the road is to believed.
Silsana removed the letter of introduction from Anxter, the head of the enclave, to Suathfo Meruckve'er, the wizard who might have some information that would help them on their respective paths.
Near midday they crested a gentle rise and below them, still several miles off, the still fog shrouded towers could be seen peeking through the mist, with the hint of water poking through every so often, telling the duo that they were near their destination. Traffic ahead of them on the road, moving in each direction, spoke of trade.
With that they began the last leg of their journey to their destination.

EldritchArisano
2014-12-20, 12:56 PM
Zen still moving under his guise as a living, corporeal being, scans the horizon, noting the wildlife in the area. he walks at a moderate pace, with a tuneless hum, right hand idly drumming his thigh.

Upon reaching the top of the gentle rise, He turns to Silsana. "So young one, it seems we are nearing our destination, are you as eager as I am to see what awaits in Arithanos?"

Then to himself, he smirks about how closely his near-primordial master's name is to the name of the city.
<Arisano and Arithanos, that arrogant bastard must have visited here once>

Furiku
2014-12-20, 07:55 PM
"I won't be if you keep calling me young one." Silsana replied as she observed the tradelines. "But that being said I am rather eager to go. Even if this Suathfo can't help me achieve my goal, they must certainly have several temples for me to investigate."

Her eyes sparkled at the thought of more knowledge, thus bringing her a step closer to goddesshood. She turned her attention to the caravans as they passed, taking in the state of the wares and the looks of the merchants. You could tell a lot about an area based on what they were buying. It seemed like most of the merchants had earned a good amount of coin if their expressions were anything to go by.

She continued down the road with Zen, idly keeping an eye out for anything interesting.

EldritchArisano
2014-12-21, 12:19 AM
"Investigating temples? Is there anything in particular you are searching for?"Zen asked with a smirk,"Evil cults to confront, fonts of Divine power to channel, or because they actually have clean water?

Zen laughed, stretching his back, and said with a slight tint of jealousy"I suppose a hot meal wouldn't be something to turn away either."

razorback
2014-12-21, 11:16 AM
The merchants flowing from the city seem to be happy, most with a mix of new and old wares to sell at the next village, while those heading your direction seem to be pushing the oxen or horses as they are late for selling today. Most everyone seems friendly if approached and the guards seem relaxed this close to the city. When you are within a mile of the city walls you can see another smaller walled building just outside the gate.
Soon you can see that there is a sign on the outside of the wall proclaiming this to be the Dragon's Claw Inn. There is movement inside and out of the wall both human and otherwise. Guards mill about with merchants, farmers, and what looks to be a couple of overworked young men running about getting horses or stabling them.

Furiku
2014-12-21, 11:35 PM
"That's for me to know and you to eventually find out."

Silsana glances at the inn then to Zen. "Should we get a room at the inn or continue on and try our luck in the city?" She doesn't care either way personally but who knew what Suathfo would have for them? Always better to be prepared but she also didn't want to waste gold. So she left the decision to her companion.

The sight of the relaxed guards was a pleasure though. Far too often she'd come across a town underseige or wary of strangers. Granted Arithanos was a large city so worries about outside attack were less common.

EldritchArisano
2014-12-21, 11:50 PM
"I'd have to lean towards a quick stop at the inn, to pick up on any odd laws or customs we should be aware of to avoid legal trouble, before continuing into the town"Zen said, taking note of the guards and merchants and their general demeanor,"Though I don't expect too much trouble in the way of customs, it would be good to know how the public views non-evil undead. I'd prefer not to get Turned... again.

with that said, Zen begins walking towards the inn. doublechecking that his material robes are covering him properly, and that his hood is hiding his face well enough that it looks solid.

Shall we?

razorback
2014-12-23, 06:53 PM
As the two of you pass the gates, with a nod to the guards on post who look attentive without being jumpy, you navigate the traffic as you make your way to the 4 story building. The double doors are open and there is a lot of traffic, even for midday as most of the caravan guards and wranglers are getting in a meal before hitting the road.
Stepping over the threshold, a teenage boy notices you and walks over.
"Good day. You folks here for a bite to eat or going to be getting a room?" he says affably enough and with a practiced tone that tells you he has had lots of experience with the question.
The room, as you quickly scan it while he talks, is full of a multitude of races and individuals of many races but the tone is good-natured and loud without being overbearing.

Furiku
2014-12-24, 04:39 AM
"A room for now will do." Silsana replies as she looks the boy over. Probably the Innkeeps son or some relation, judging by his age. "What is available?"

Though the tone is good natured within the Inn Silsana can't help but dislike it. While it may not being overbearing for a normal person, her curiosity keeps her jumping between conversations as she catches a word or two of each. Damn her bloodline, it's hard to resist the urge to investigate everything going on around here in a situation like this. Still, she does her best to stay focused on the boy, though occasionally she zeroes in on another's words.

EldritchArisano
2014-12-24, 07:44 AM
True to his nature, Zen scans the room quickly for possible threats and assets, before responding to the boy, " I will be sharing a room with my travelling companion, though i do have a question or two, namely; does this city have any particular laws or customs an outsider should take care to follow, and what is the general opinion of non-humanoids and undead here?

razorback
2014-12-29, 12:15 AM
The boy, with a studied tone, says "We have several rooms available. We can accommodate the both of you, small beings, large individuals... multiple people in one room." a practiced smile on his face that falters for a moment.
"Non-humanoids aren't an issue, as you can tell by looking around the main room" he says as he points over your shoulder. "Undead, if they have coin and aren't trying to eat or drain the blood of anyone, aren't an issue. The Tower holds sway over this land, even if the Governor is the head of the city, he bows to their knowledge and power. Knowledge and power comes in all forms, as they say, and the Tower isn't in the business to turn that knowledge away. That being said, nothing that I would say is out of the ordinary, but I grew up here so my outlook may be a bit... colored in that respect. Keep the peace, don't run afoul of the Tower's agents, all of that, you know?" Without waiting for your response as he expects you to know, he turns and leads you to your room, up two flights of stairs.
It is a well kept room, with two beds, a small nightstand and dresser, plus a small wash basin and towels.
"If you be needing a bath, go down to the main room and ask for Eleanor. It is 5 footmen for a bath, 2 knights for a hot one. Room is four crowns per night, with meals included. You can have your meals in your room or down in the common. How long do you expect to be staying and is there anything else you be needing?" Once he gets his response, he turns and leaves, pausing after a few steps.
Hesitantly, he says "One last thing, since you asked. There has been a strange sickness coming out of the east, so you may want to let anyone who stops you know your from the north or the west. And whatever you do keep away from anyone coming from
Istuvus. The guards have blocked anyone from there, but some may have lied to the guards about where they be from." before disappearing down the stairs.
It is about midday and there is much talking and goings about downstairs and from the window you can see the main road to the city, which is growing heavier with traffic in each direction.

A footman is a copper, a knight a silver and a crown a gold.

EldritchArisano
2014-12-29, 01:11 PM
Zen falters a moment at the mention of disease and whispers to Silsana after the boy leavesI *really* don't like the sound of that sickness... we may want to get to the Tower now, if this goes the way I think it will, we need the information immediately, especially to if we wish to keep the enclave from being infected.
then in a normal voice,
Besides, "I'm sure another patron would appreciate the vacancy"

during this conversation, Zen scans the room for anyone who looks ill with a vaguely paranoid expression, shuddering as he remembers the few days he spent suffering from the infected battle-wound that caused his demise; a diagonal strike to the collar from a rusty greataxe.

razorback
2014-12-29, 07:25 PM
Zen looks around the room and doesn't notice anyone outwardly sick but he does see that while the majority of those populating the room are human, there are a few elves, dwarves, a couple of catfolk, a goliath, and a couple of goblinoids.
What he does notice is a younger man, a human in his mid-twenties, sitting by a mug that hasn't moved since they walked in. His clothing is well kept and his head is cleanly shaven, as is his face. He is looking around and gauging everyone in the room, as if taking mental note. Noticing Zen watching him, he focuses on him for a moment before turning back to his mug, which he takes a long swig before pointedly not looking back at Zen.
"I'm sorry, sir" the boy before him stammers "Do you mean you don't need a room after all?"

Furiku
2014-12-29, 11:51 PM
"No, we'll take a room." Silsana interrupts, frowning slightly. While she does not like this talk of sickness either, even if they did not use the room having it as an option would be wise. "A week, we'd like one for a week." She'd noticed the stranger as well, though given her small stature she might have been overlooked.

In an whisper to Zen, she continued her words. 'Look, having this room as a back up would be a good thing. If it's publicly known we are staying here, then anyone with foul intent will target here, or as we travel to the tower. If we stay specifically at the tower, that might stop the attacks, but only within the walls.' She'd been in that situation one too many times to be comfortable with not having a hideaway she could wait out in as those after her went after her main dwelling.'And trust me, staying publicly in a place where it'll take skill to attempt an attack is not a good thing for us. I know from experience.'

EldritchArisano
2014-12-30, 12:05 AM
Zen hands the boy his share of 14 crowns for the week, here's my half of board, thank you.

razorback
2014-12-30, 05:23 PM
The boy takes the gold and thinks for a moment before reaching back into his pocket and pulling out a key.
"We can talk about the other half in a day or so, if you want. Name's Heruld, Heruld Šugána, if you need anything." With that the boy takes his leave and goes back to his spot at the front door.

EldritchArisano
2014-12-31, 02:04 AM
Zen nudges Silsana, and in a joking tone says "28 kings a week means 14 from you, I'm not going pay for the whole thing when *you're* the one with a sleep schedule

*edited* (Removed the following due to sleepy posting, i apoliogise)
then to the boy
I must say becoming an Elan has been quite convenient in that regard, then in a quiet, hushed voice but on a serious note, do you know anything about the man who is specifically not looking at me, the clean shaven man?

Furiku
2014-12-31, 12:32 PM
"I'll pay my half, don't give me that crap." Silsana snorted, throwing Zen an irritated look. "And by all rights you just paid for me. You can always go haunt a spare room, no one will tell." She would grab her half as she checked out the room. Right now she didn't feel like reaching for her money pouch in a group full of strangers.

EldritchArisano
2014-12-31, 12:44 PM
"The way I heard it was 4 kings a day, per room. that'd mean I paid for half of your room" Zen says with a smirk, then in a under his breathand can we SHUSH about the haunting? I don't go talking about your flea remedies! by the way got any theories brewing on lonely eyes over there?

razorback
2014-12-31, 05:49 PM
Heruld nor anyone else in the room seems to hear anything above the hustle and bustle of the room.
As he isn't looking at you, you both take a closer look at the man at the bar.
He is in his mid-twenties, clean shaven with close cropped hair. His clothes are well kept and nice but not extravagant. He doesn't wear any armor but he does have a short sword strapped to his left hip and a dagger on his right thigh. While the bar area isn't crowded, no one is sitting next to him. He seems to be looking around the bar area but seems at ease. Everyone else seems to be either a merchant, a guard, or someone looking to be picked up as a caravan guard.

Furiku
2014-12-31, 09:03 PM
"Yeah yeah mister specific." Silsana mused, her irritated look upgrading to a glare. "Like you didn't out that yourself with your questions in the beginning. As it is, you dragged me along with that non-human question. As for the guy...I don't know. Why don't you go ask? Odds are he won't hurt you." She could do it, sure. But newcomers larger then herself usually made her nervous. Especially those who openly wore weapons as he did.

EldritchArisano
2015-01-01, 12:30 AM
Zen mutters a bit of profanity under his breath, and then approaches the man. "Good day sir, I couldn't help but notice that, like my companion and I, you seem a bit out of place in an inn full of merchants and guards", Zen extends his gloved hand "My name is Zen Faust, Friendly Mercenary."

razorback
2015-01-03, 10:05 AM
The young man, after pointedly not looking at you, looks startled when you approach him, but quickly recovers.
Reaching out to return the grip, he says "Talieal, Talieal Sonkt. Pleased to meet your acquaintance." With a raised eyebrow, he motions to the stool next to him as he says "I don't think I have ever heard anyone say 'friendly mercenary' before. Is that something you've given yourself or did someone else give you that tag?" a friendly smile on his face. He motions to the bartender, pointing at his mug then the two of you, which the bartender nods. A few moments later he Talieal finishes the mug in front of him just as the bartender brings the two new mugs.
"So, what can I do for you, friend? If you are looking to recruit me as a caravan guard or a mercenary to fight some war in some far off land, I'm afraid that I would be a poor choice in the matter. If you are looking to share a drink and some stories, however, I think I can accommodate you. Is your friend going to join us?" he says without looking at Silsana.

EldritchArisano
2015-01-04, 02:51 AM
Zen laughs, Not a drinker,but I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to hear another's stories! As for friendly merc, I got that nickname after stopping a small bandit raid by simply getting them to drink too much the night before. Poor hungover fools were arrested before the sun rose, didn't even resist.

With another short laugh, Zen beckons Silsana and grabs a seat

Pulling his hood back a bit so Talieal can see his face a little better, as to not be rude, Zen gives a relaxed smirk,So what brings a swordsman to the city?

razorback
2015-01-04, 03:09 PM
"Well, it sounds like it was deserving of them. As far as why I am here, I live here in the city. Sometimes you don't want to drink at the same bar every day and the Dragon's Claw is the probably the best even if it's a bit of a hike. Besides, Rual the owner lets me run a tab." he says with a wicked smile. "However, calling me a swordsman is a disservice to those in your trade. I am just a humble gad with too much time and money, and sometimes too little sense, who is looking to pass the day." he takes a large draw from his mug before setting it down and, eyeing Zen, grabs that mug and takes a drink.
"So, what bring you two to our fine city?"

Furiku
2015-01-04, 11:26 PM
"Curiosity." Silsana says as she finally approaches and pulls up a chair. "I travel to learn the secrets of the world, and have made my way here to learn. Along the way I picked him up as a companion." She gestures to Zen as she speaks, her unimpressed expression giving away her feelings about the arrangement.

EldritchArisano
2015-01-05, 12:22 AM
Zen sighs a bit at Silsana's remark. Currently on a Job, Figured an inn was the best place to get a feel for the area, then patting Silsana's head condecendingly, Then I ended up partnered with this highly irritable individual, but that's the way life goes.

Zen begins twirling the silverware absentmindedly as he muses Well, i suppose we better make our next destination soon, they'll likely know we're coming anyways. but id say we have time for a bit more chatting, whatcould you tell an outsider about the Tower? much of what I've heard has been lies, rumor, conjecture and a bit of myth.

razorback
2015-01-05, 03:23 PM
Talieal smiles at the both of you, not sure what to make of the relationship from his look but visibly blinks when you ask about the tower.
"The Tower keeps its own counsel, I can tell you that. The old adage 'never interfere in a wizards business' has never been truer. I have never had direct dealings with them but if you are seeking information, it always comes at a price, so be prepared, as it isn't always the cost you think it is. If one of the wizards seeks something from you, best try to get your best price as they won't feel bad about stiffing an honest man or woman. The keep more info than probably anywhere else in the world but they are always seeking more. And they always leave it on others to pay the real costs, from what I hear. They be powerful, more powerful than anywhere else in the land. It is said that when the Indorvus Empire's army set their site on the Tower, the wizards vanquished them without a loss of a single man from our army. Of course, that was near 50 years ago, but I can only they have grown more powerful with time. That is all the advice I can offer on the subject. So, when do you have an audience with someone within the Tower?"

EldritchArisano
2015-01-06, 12:15 AM
I'm searching for Suathfo Meruckve'er, we have business to conduct. Zen says quietly, I've not met this being, nor do I have any knowledge of them other that that this is the name of a wizard at the tower, hence the friendly interrogation.

Zen thinks to himself a moment, then speaks.Well I suppose I owe you for the information, should you need my services in the future, simply have a Wizard or Cleric cast a sending and I'll return as soon as I can

Zen offers a handshake before getting up to leave, obviously in a bit of a hurry, but waiting for Silsana.

razorback
2015-01-06, 12:05 PM
At the sound of Suathfo Meruckve'er, Talieal noticeably flinches.
"Your business is your own but have a care." Looking like he might have said too much, he looks around to see if anyone is watching or listening before returning to the conversation, voice low. "He who you named is steeped in knowledge and lore but it is said that those who foolhardily make agreements regret it if they live. It is said that his veins run deep with the blood of dragons and that he isn't a true wizard but powerful nonetheless in magic. Make sure your prize is worth the cost."
Shaking it off a bit, he returns to a more normal, if a little louder tone than before.
"Well, good luck the two of you and if I can be of anymore assistance, you can find me here or about town most days." With that, he finishes his drink, sketches you both a bow and walks out the door.

Furiku
2015-01-06, 11:34 PM
Silsana waited until their companion had left before she spoke. "Brilliant. Because a warning like that ever bodes well."

She exits from her stool and gestures to Zen. "Well let's go get this over with." Quietly, as to hopefully avoid anyone overhearing she continues. "He acts as if speaking out will get him killed. The tower keeping it's own council might be one thing, but for those around to live in fear of speaking ill is never good."

EldritchArisano
2015-01-07, 12:12 AM
For all we know, speaking out will get one killed, I suggest caution, and an escape route be in mind Zen says while scanning the room once more, attempting to get a fix on anyone who may look afraid, or is paying him undue attention.

Let us go, before out job becomes a moot point. Now pay the boy your half and lets be on our way. He says as he begins walking to the door

Zen can't help but think that if this city is as corrupted and oppressed by the Tower as his first impression leads him to believe, it will very quickly become a priority to handle. Rule by might is something that bothers him, but rule by fear; that he can't abide.

razorback
2015-01-07, 08:56 AM
You look about the room and the sound level is fairly loud without being overbearing. No one is close enough to hear you talking let alone hear the conversation you had with Talieal.
After a few moments, the barkeep, a tall, thin man with his hair beginning to gray, comes over "Get you folks anything?" in a friendly enough manner.

EldritchArisano
2015-01-07, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the offer, but we'll have to grab something later in the evening. Business calls. Zen states with a friendly nod.

Coming, Silsana? or must I carry you? He barks with a laugh, ducking out the door and begins moving at a quick pace towards the direction he believes is the tower's enterance, Looking over his shoulder occasionally to make sure he hasn't lost his companion.

to himself, he thinks <Gods it is such a pain to match leg movements to floating, I'm almost anxious to have my cover blown so I can fly properly.

razorback
2015-01-07, 05:13 PM
As the two recent travelling companions walk out the door, they head for the main gate and they can see a granite colored tower rising above the surrounding walls and buildings.

Sorry for the small picture.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc253/speedtrip/Mobile%20Uploads/Arithanos10-17-10.jpg
The Dragon's Claw Inn is the building just north of the river but outside the gate.
The Tower is the biggest black thing on the map.
Blue is water, black are buildings, brown are roads, and gray are walls.

The road is bustling with activity but there doesn't seem to be anyone paying you any more attention than anyone else.

EldritchArisano
2015-01-07, 08:23 PM
Sure it's impressive, but the styling just screams "compensating" Zen says.At least we'll be able to find our way.

Furiku
2015-01-08, 02:58 AM
"Carry me and you find out what spells I have reserved for dealing with you." Comes the irritated growl as she quickly follows Zen out.

"I think I have to agree about the compensation." She snorts, looking at the massive tower. "I'm not impressed at all. I'm willing to bet quite a few spells are holding it together. Find a few ley lines, cast a few spells...boom." She says it quietly, chuckling at the thought. "Still though, you're right. We most likely will never have issues finding it."

razorback
2015-01-08, 04:59 PM
The two of you meander through the city, taking quite a bit longer than expected in the maze of dead ends and streets that meander in different directions than their starting point.
The walls of Arithanos are 20 foot-high stone complete with parapets and walkways. You can see at least one patrol of 2 at any given time you are within site of a wall, sometimes two patrols. At certain strategic points you can see watchtowers, manned by archers and engineers supporting some catapults.
The vast majority of people you pass are human of various ethnicities a near equal mix of halflings, elves, and dwarves followed by other races. The dress of the locals is evident by their flowing, loose clothing while outlanders tend to have more form fitting, and warmer, attire.
AS you move through the city, you realize you are passing different districts. The area just over the river from where you enter the city has some large houses and mansions, most with their own unmanned walls. Where you pass through is more official area and you can hear mention of the mayors office nearby. Moving closer to the tower, you see the houses are mostly made of wood with peaked, thatched roofs and shuttered windows. From there you move into a large bazaar, with hawkers and merchants from all over the world selling their wares. You keep as sharp an eye on your belongings and each others as well as the hawkers do their wares, watching for a light hand removing anything.
Eventually you make it to the tall wall that surrounds the tower. Finding a gated area with four guards along with a younger man who has his nose in a book, you approach and, what appears to be the leader, raises his hand as he says What business do you have for the Tower?" as he looks the both of you up and down, his cadence telling you that he has delivered this speech numerous times.

Furiku
2015-01-09, 11:32 PM
"We are here to see Suathfo Meruckve'er." Silsana says bluntly, not looking to sugar coat his words. "We have business to discuss. I am Fleetfoot, and he is Faust." She gestures to her companion, though not giving their first names as well. Names are a powerful thing, and she never did like giving out her full name. 'Though I am thankful for my people's habit of collecting names. I doubt someone will be able to remember mine if I said it fully.'

EldritchArisano
2015-01-10, 08:31 AM
Gitp ate furiku's post, i wasnt able to view it till now, and as such reacted in such a way that made little sense

We seek Meruckve'er, we come bearing a message and information. Zen states in a militant tone, mimicing the typical mercenary. My name is Zen Faust.

EldritchArisano
2015-01-10, 01:38 PM
Important, urgent, not-to-be-interrupted life-and-death business. Zen growls, annoyed by the guards disrupting of his train of thought.

razorback
2015-01-11, 12:59 PM
The guard, looking you up and down, clenches his fist for a moment and is about to speak when the younger man reading the book says, without looking up "Before you speak, I would take a moment to ponder the last time you decided to turn away one of his pet projects that he didn't inform anyone about? Wasn't pleasant for you or your crew if I remember correctly."
The young man finishes his page, looks up at the both of you with an eye of someone viewing a scientific specimen, then goes back to his book.
The guard, on the other hand, has a look on his face that is blank and he takes a few moments pondering some thought before coming to a conclusion.
With a snap of his fingers he yells out "Sordel!" A few moments later, from behind the wall, a young man runs around the corner, a page of some sort by his dress.
"Sordel, can you go a Suathfo that he has, ah... two guests at the gate, a Miss Fleetfoot and Mr. Faust. They claim to have a message for him for him of some import. Go." he says, dimssing the boy with the wave of his hand as if shooing a bothersome fly away.
"You two can stand over there while we wait for an answer." he says as he points to a small bench just inside the gate with a slight overhang. Once you move in, he nods to one of the guards, who comes to stand near you with his hands crossed in front of him, well away from his weapons.

EldritchArisano
2015-01-11, 02:57 PM
Might I ask, does Suatho not inform the guard out of spite, forgetfulness or carelessness? Zen asks with a raised eyebrow.

he then, without waiting for a reply heads towards the location pointed out to him, albeit slowly, so as to see if his remark elicits a reply.

razorback
2015-01-11, 09:12 PM
As Zen walks away he can here, under his breath, the lead guard say "Probably a bit of 'em all...". Going back to his post, he begins talking to one of the other guards, commenting on the fare at some food vendor at the bazaar.

EldritchArisano
2015-01-12, 02:30 AM
Well... thats not comforting in the least Zen grumbles to Silsana, I think I'll need to raise my fee if this is the kind of clientele I will entertain...

Furiku
2015-01-12, 11:03 PM
"A wise idea." Silsana replies, equally as hushed."Though it does not sound like it is the first time something of this nature has happened." She muses. "Perhaps he is simply absent minded."

Louder, just to keep up appearances, she asks Zen, "So, should we find something to eat after this or just explore?"

EldritchArisano
2015-01-13, 03:47 AM
I've heard rumor of Hydra Steak being cooked at this part of the continent, sounds exotic enough for my tastes. Zen says, playing along

Actually, now that I consider it, that could be a very lucrative business....

razorback
2015-01-14, 06:40 PM
The two of you stand for a few minutes in the sun, the sergeant making it obvious that he is trying to ignore you while the book reader smiles at no one in particular.

After a time the page returns and, trying to keep out of the sergeants line of sight, waves you over.
"The Master said he would see you in a few minutes and asked me to have you brought in. Please follow me." Without waiting, Sordel begins to walk into the huge tower.
Two guards stand at the gate and, seeing the page with you, don't give you a second glance.
The main room is a huge, containing more books than you have ever seen, combined, in either of your lifetimes. Men and women, young and old, and from almost every imaginable race is here looking and reading through tomes and treatise. Two long stairways wind on each wall and lead to a walkway that goes around the length of room, leading to 4 different passageways.
After about 10 minutes, Sordel says Come with me. and then leads you up the stairs on your left and through the hall opposite the tower entrance. The young man leads you down several turns and twists, up several flights of stairs, more turns and stairs until all you are sure of is that you are at least 15 stories above where you started.
Eventually, he leads you down a long hall with many doors that are open and it looks like more offices than living quarters. Leading into a room with a young man who looks to be in his mid-thirties, he waves you in. Sordel opens the door and says "They are here as you directed, Master." Stepping through the doorway, Sordel closes the door almost silently behind you.
Sitting at a desk with a magnifying glass in his hand, looking at some unworked stone, is a man who looks to be in his late forties or early fifties. His skin is deeply tanned but smooth and his black hair has a touches of white at his temples, short and well kept. He wears loose, flowing garments of the local variety. The room contains several chairs and a minutia of items that you would expect of a scholar of some variety.
A deep voice says "Please forgive me a few moments more and by all means, be seated." as he squints into the glass. A few seconds later his eyes widen, then he quickly recites an incantation. From where you sit a small light appears on the stone, white in color, that move about before turning bright red. From there the red speck of light travels, apparently by the man's volition, from the stone to a small tray, where it lands and the light extinguishes. The man is now practically beaming with pride for a moment before realizing that you are sitting there.
"Forgive me, forgive me, Sordel's count or steps are not what I remember and expected him to take a little longer. I am Suathfo Meruckve'er of the Tower of Knowledge, as you well know, it would seem. You are Silsana Fleetfoot and Zen Faust, each with their own secrets."He smiles and you can see mirth in his eyes. "But those you will chose to share with each other at your own time and it isn't my place to discuss such things. But, you aren't here to discuss these things, so, if you will excuse my boldness: What do you seek me for?"

EldritchArisano
2015-01-15, 03:53 AM
We come bearing a message from an Elan enclave, I have not read it myself, but have some guesses as to its content. Also, as you are likely aware, we seek different things that may likely coincide, I am looking to Retrieve my mentor, Arisano, who has been taken body and soul to one of the infernal planes, or so I believe. I am also interested in being able to... Zen pauses as he pulls back his hood revealing his faint translucency re-enter my body as necessary, I grew rather attached to it, but as of now I can only possess living beings.

razorback
2015-01-16, 06:33 PM
Suathfo ponders Zen's words for a few moments before answering.
"My guess it is from Takana Ilmeal? I can deal with that at my leisure, I imagine. As far as your situation, with enough patience and dedication, anything can be accomplished. I wonder which will require more time and energy? Retrieving your mentor or returning you to your original state? How long have you been afflicted?"
Turning to Silsana, he asks "Are you merely a travelling companion or do you have a story to tell yourself?" he says as he smiles, deep knowledge apparent in his eyes.
Turning back to Zen he says "As I said, time and energy. Both come at a cost, deeply personal to me. What is it you wish of me, to help you on this crusade? Mere gold has little value to me. I am sure, with enough time, I can unravel either or both puzzles but at what cost to me? What mystery of the universe could I be unraveling? Perhaps stopping some border war or invading horde or hobgoblins? What can you do in my stead that is of value to me while I look into solving your puzzle?" Zen can feel Suathfo's eyes upon him, as if penetrating his very soul. "Some cost can be carried by others. What are you prepared to do to? To see this to completion? Do you have the dedication to hold your hand in the proverbial fire to grasp what which you hold dear from burning forever?" he sits back and steeples his fingers, waiting for a response.

Furiku
2015-01-16, 11:42 PM
"My story is mine to hold and mine to share, should I feel the need." Silsana returns softly. Her head tilts to the side as she listens to what he has to say to Zen, taking notes as she hears the words. Suathfo either knows more about them then he is letting on, fully possible given the fact he has a widely known, and feared, reputation; or he's a man trying to play the part of elder teacher who does not know the answers either. Either way, Silsana will watch as he talks to Zen, because it'd be quite rude to interrupt right now wouldn't it?

EldritchArisano
2015-01-17, 12:57 AM
The word cost is one I find very familiar... and its never pleasant. Zen states carefully, choosing his words one at a time.As for services in return, I find that the collection of rare items and knowledge comes easily to me, more-so in this particular form. I find that I am capable of many things, including the theft of knowledge from ones mind. Surely even someone in your position must have a spell or two you haven't had time to track down, but I must include the caveat: I will not be having others carry my cost.

razorback
2015-01-18, 11:35 AM
"There are costs to everything. While not particular to you, your friend there has a cost associated with breathing. We could discuss this until the walls of this building turn to dust, but that isn't why you are here, are you?" you can sense a smile wanting to come out of his face even if there is nothing to indicate it.
Pausing, he looks at Silsana.
"So, young lady, while we speak of these things, what is it that you seek? The whereabouts of a long lost relative? Where to find a treasure that will allow you to end your adventuring days and live out the rest of your life in luxury? The keys to the secrets of the universe?"

Furiku
2015-01-19, 12:36 AM
Silsana tilted her head to the side at his choice in phrasing. 'The keys to the secrets of the universe' was rather close to what she wanted to tell the truth, not that she'd outright admit that. "Knowledge mostly. I like understanding the world around me, and the divine arts catch my attention the most. Though that treasure so great I would never need to travel again wouldn't be something I'd deny."

razorback
2015-01-20, 02:27 PM
"Knowledge can be had with time and patience, although you don't strike me as someone who will read 500 books in order to glean a nugget of knowledge obscured by other bits of unusable knowledge. Most items carry little value to me. An artifact or book of knowledge. Those are the fuel that keeps my fire lit. Perhaps I can interest you both in some work garnering things of interest to me in return for my time researching that which you seek? Anything that I don't require that you find would be your, plus the real treasure: that knowledge which you seek and I am one of the few people in this world can provide."

EldritchArisano
2015-01-22, 05:16 AM
Ahh but which is it you have in mind? an artifact or a book? I can assume you already have a target, and have been simply waiting for an adventurer foolhardy or desperate enough to attempt retrieval. Zen says with a smirk

razorback
2015-01-22, 12:07 PM
Suathfo returns the smirk back to the ghostly adventurer.
"As they say, it is all about supply and demand. In this case, it works both ways. In my youth I would have run off at these tasks myself, but age has slowed me enough and provided the wisdom to know that it is better suited to younger folk. Or those that don't age." his smile broadens at the last little quip.
"I have operatives that are currently other, more important, assignments. They will eventually get to these but, since you are here, why not strike a bargain? To be clear, what you seek and what I seek are not of the same magnitude. Imagine this as more of an audition for a play. Prove yourself and we can start delving into your questions while you acquire that which I seek. What say the both of you?"

Furiku
2015-01-23, 01:13 AM
"I see no problem with that. Certainly gives me something new to do." Silsana shrugs as she speaks.

EldritchArisano
2015-01-23, 01:15 AM
That may have been the most vague proposition I've ever heard, what is it exactly you wish done?

razorback
2015-01-23, 09:59 AM
"Intentionally. I needed to know if we were wasting each others time or if something could become of this arrangement." he stands and motions you to follow him across the room as he incants. A book floats from the top of one of the bookshelves that line the room, quite out of reach, and lands on a pedestal meant to hold an open tome such as this.
He flips through the book, turning each page carefully, until he finds what he needs. Take a few moments to read, he ponders for a few moments before grabbing a quill and paper.
"There is a spell that will require componentry that I do not posses and are not all easily attained. On the list you will find two things that are not easy to come by: an eye of a black dragon and the heart of a hydra. I had sent an expedition out to an underground city called Balkoo to locate an object, more than a year ago. The leader of the expedition, one Tamil Ber’El’Emi, was giving regular reports and both of those creatures he had mentioned avoiding as they were not what he was there for. However, one day, he failed to send any update and no other information has come forth since." he hands the list to Zen before continuing.
"The city is in control of a lich who has lived for several hundred years. All manner of evil creatures live in this underground warren. Drow, orcs, goblins... you get the idea. Before this lich, Dilzon, took control, a wizard named Imlin lived there. He had in his possession a gem, fist sized and green in color. If you can locate his domicile within the city, my guess is he had the item warded against casual interlopers. It would either still be at his sanctuary or in the possession of Dilzon." He moves back to his desk and sits at this point.
"Retrieve what I seek and the items on the list. Once I have these, I can craft the magic necessary to divine where your master resides. Once we know where he is, body and/or soul, then we can move on to the next step. Do the two of you find this acceptable?"

EldritchArisano
2015-01-24, 02:41 AM
Sounds reasonable, but as outsiders, a map would be greatly helpful in finding an underground city. Would you have one we could study?

Furiku
2015-01-25, 02:12 PM
"I see no problem with this." Silsana nods. "As my companion says, a map would be indeed helpful. Though can we also have copies of your correspondence with this Tamil, should you still have them? Knowing what we might encounter would be advantageous as well."

razorback
2015-01-27, 02:22 AM
"I can only provide a map of how to get there but not of the city itself, as the tool I provided to the other team, and a like one I will provide to you, only allows for verbal communication once per day for only a few minutes, which was used for progress updates. Unfortunately,this doesn't allow for any written correspondence. "
He stands and walks to a map on the wall, pointing to a small, pinned flag. You notice the map has many similar flags covering the known world.
"This is where Balkoo is. Fairly straightforward getting there. Tamil mentioned that it took his group a couple of days to find an entrance to the underground city but he made reference to a depression in the valley and along the walls a single, unremarkable tree marked the entrance, so please keep that in mind."
He returns to his seat and sits before he continues. "The Tower has store of all sorts of mundane items you may require, along with beasts to travel with if necessary. As stated I will be providing a small device so we can communicate as necessary. Now there anything else that either of you may require before you depart?"

EldritchArisano
2015-01-27, 04:50 AM
I much appreciate vials, lots of vials. zen says, then a moment later maybe a cat-sized shoulder bag?

razorback
2015-01-28, 10:07 AM
"Those items the quartermaster should be able to provide." he says with a curious smile but the question doesn't leave his lips.
"Oh, one more bit of information. There was one Karwel Torson, who was apparently a member of Tamil's expedition, as I allowed him to hire his own people and didn't keep a record of him. So, Mr. Torson came back not long after the expedition was lost and made some claims about being underground. I haven't had a chance to run this person down yet, but it may be in your interest to see if you can find him. If there is nothing else, Garret outside the door can take you to the quartermaster where you can acquire what you need." he says as he stands and shakes both of your hands.

Furiku
2015-01-30, 02:06 AM
'Karwel Torson...' Silsana commits the name to memory even as she goes through the motions of shaking his hand. "Thank you for the information you were able to provide. I can't think of anything else, can you Zen?" In reality she could go for having more information, but it's fairly clear they aren't going to get it from this source. Perhaps Karwel will shed some light on their path.

EldritchArisano
2015-02-02, 06:21 AM
Thank you for your time, We'll be contacting you with news as soon as we can., Zen says, heading to talk to Garret,
Excuse me, would you know where to find Karwel Torson, a decent quantity of vials, and a shoulderbag large enough to carry a small animal comfortably? Zen asks bluntly, now having a Job to attend to.

razorback
2015-02-03, 08:29 AM
The young man looks over his shoulder at you, blinking in a surprise for a moment as he collects himself out of the book he is reading, he stammers "I have no idea who this Torson is. As far as the other items, you can get them at the quartermaster, I'm sure." he nods to Sordel, who runs forward. "Take them to the quartermaster and see that they are helped. And it looks like they are looking for someone, so see what you can do about that." he hands Sordel a small note.
With that, Sordel waves you on. He takes you down a different, twisting path until you are outside the building and across a small walkway near a stable then to a larger building.
"These two are working for Meruckve'er. He wants them equipped with whatever they need." He waves you over to a middle aged man looking at a ledger, then stands to the side waiting for you.
"Eh, right. Let see, put this one..." he trails off for a moment, changing pages and then, finding what he is looking for, turns back to you. "Eh, right, what you folks be needing?" Sordel walks forward and hands him a note. "Vials and a small bag? Anything else?"

EldritchArisano
2015-02-04, 02:22 AM
anything you require Silsana?

razorback
2015-02-07, 08:11 PM
The man stands there waiting for a few moments, eyebrows arching ever so slightly as he looks at you two intently, then disappears into the back.
After a few minutes, he comes out with a few different sized bags for you to choose from and sets them down, disappears for another minute, and then returns with a small crate full of vials.
"'nything else for you two? If not, then I have work to do. Sordel, you can lead them out of here."
With that, he turns to ready something from behind the counter, a manifest of some kind, while Sordel ushers you to the gate.

Furiku
2015-02-11, 05:11 AM
Silsana hadn't needed anything so she had stayed silent, trailing after the two slowly. Her mind was on the mission, and she was rolling a few thoughts around in her head for now. She was trying to prepare herself for the journey ahead, not really liking how little information they actually had.

EldritchArisano
2015-02-13, 12:43 AM
zen follows quietly suddenly preoccupied by a series of internal questions and doubts about both the mission at hand and his greater objective.

razorback
2015-02-23, 01:52 AM
With the information and equipment from the tower gathered, the two adventurers make their way to the city market, picking up any further supplies they might need for their journey. After some time looking about, you make your way back to the Dragon's Claw. Back at the inn they are reluctant to return your money and, after some haggling, they give you a voucher good for your time you have already paid. Heruld is nowhere to be seen but Talieal can be seen sitting at the bar. He looks in his mug as if trying to divine something and doesn't notice either your entrance or the haggling with the owner over returning your cash. As you gather your belongings you get ready to head out the door.

You can talk to Talieal or make your way out the door and down the road, as you wish.

EldritchArisano
2015-02-23, 02:36 PM
Zen waves to Talieal "Talieal, Should we meet again, I'll be happy to return your offer of a drink.' before heading for the door

Furiku
2015-02-24, 01:37 AM
"You make it sound as if you expect us not to return for a long period of time." Silsana muses quietly. While she knew the journey would be quite the challenge and require quite a few days on the road, she hoped it would not be so unlikely that they returned in a timely fashion.

She hated starting a journey by implying it'd take a long amount of time. It always seemed to lead to bad luck in her experience. Some people didn't like black cats or certain numbers, she had issues with starting a journey off with words like that.

EldritchArisano
2015-02-24, 03:07 AM
"Well if we return successful, I'll have a mouth with which to enjoy the drink, if we're not successful, then theres no point in returning now is there?", Zen says with a laugh to Silsana.

Furiku
2015-02-24, 03:13 AM
"I never said success. I said amount of time." Silsana sighed. "Besides most of the time your foot is in your mouth so you won't have room to drink."

EldritchArisano
2015-02-24, 03:45 AM
"True enough, though the option would be nice", Zen says with a sly grin, now would you prefer to walk or float?

razorback
2015-02-25, 08:49 AM
Talieal waves and says something incoherent as you walk out the door.

The sun is shining as the two of you make your way back down the road you came upon. Looking at the map provided you expect about a weeks worth of travel by foot. The first couple of days are spent travelling by the main road, with a stop in the bushes near the road at night as no villages make themselves appear. Midway through the third day you take an offshot road, Limekiln is the name on the map and also on the weather beaten sign leaning against a tree at the junction. After about an hour the road starts to climb into the foothills of the Bittersalt Mountains. As the day progresses, the air becomes warm and a nearly acrid scent can be felt upon the air. Looking at the map, you see that you are nearing Kyenholm. As the small village comes into sight, you see on one of the trees near the road what looks to be 3 men, hung up, swinging slowly in the ever so slight breeze. Various carrion birds can be seen moving back and forth to take a piece of the carnage and flutter away to chew on their ghastly meal, squawking at each other the whole time.

EldritchArisano
2015-02-26, 04:50 AM
"Well what in the hells happened here?" Zen mumbles to silsana, before going to investigate the bodies for cause of death, slightly suspicious of them being a form of trap, or undead. As he approaches the bodies, he tosses his Psicrystal to Silsana, "Just in case I explode"

razorback
2015-02-26, 05:33 PM
Zen carefully makes his way over to where the bodies are, keeping a sharp eye out for any traps as Silsana yells out "Keep to your left otherwise you'll trample those foot prints."
Zen approaches with caution but no one is to be seen or any traps noticed.
What he does notice is that the three men, though all bald, have faint white stubble poking out of their skin even though they seem quite young. Their garb, drab brown, seem like something a monk or priest might wear, though no holy symbols can be seen.
From the look of the tree it would seem that this isn't the first hanging done at that spot, though it looks well worn if not used anymore recently than the three swinging bodies.
There also seems to be quite a few foot prints in the soft grass that is trampled. They seem to run the range of human children to adult, and booted, men.
Other than that, nothing else seems to be out of the ordinary.

EldritchArisano
2015-02-27, 12:27 PM
"Silsana, they don't seem to be dangerous or trapped in any particular way, do you have any way to communicate with the dead on hand?" Zen asks, while pondering the possible reasons for the hanging, if that was the cause of death, or if they were simply on display, sadly his medical knowledge was pitiful compared to his mentor's."or at least be able to tell if they were good or evil in life?

Furiku
2015-02-27, 12:40 PM
Silsana approaches carefully, taking just as much care not to disturb the tracks as she had told Zen to do. "I have literal speak with dead prepared, though only one casting of it so we may want to think of our questions before hand if we use it."

Now that she was closer she looked over the bodies and frowned. Medical knowledge definitely was not her forte.

EldritchArisano
2015-02-27, 12:58 PM
"how many questions do we get?" asks, already mulling plenty of theoretical questions over rapidly,
" I'm concerned with how they died, why they died, who killed them, if they deserved it, and if not, how best to avenge the desecration of their bodies." Zen states in an icy tone.

Furiku
2015-02-27, 01:16 PM
"We get three questions, and the spell will only last for six minutes." Silsana notes as she watches Zen. "And there's no promises we'll get an answer we'll understand. It goes off of the corpses known knowledge at time of death and we can't teach it any new tricks." Speak with dead was a spell she'd researched thoroughly before, so she knew quite a bit about how it worked.

"So the questions need to be short, sweet and easy to answer."

EldritchArisano
2015-02-27, 03:00 PM
" The best I can think of is 'what's the description of those who hung you here?', and 'why were you hung here?' those two questions should cover most of the points of interest. with those two questions answered, we may be better able to determine a relevant third question, which will either give us a lead if this is worth investigating as a murder, or a valid reason for their execution, at which point we can ignore this for the most part."

mentally he recited his available Powers, and those Powers he had stones for. <Damn, not a single Power I know can help here, and I don't have the available memories I can convert to learn any new ones... It's a good thing I teamed up with this one.> Zen thought angrily to himself, frustrated at needing assistance with what amounted to glorified mind-reading, supposedly a Psionicists forte.

memories being used to represent XP for flavor, since Zen is capable of converting XP into other things at times, such as learning a power, using certain powers etc

Furiku
2015-02-27, 08:16 PM
"We should probably ask the why first." She pointed out. "The why might even eliminate the need for the who."

EldritchArisano
2015-02-27, 11:35 PM
"well, after you" Zen says with a slight nod.

razorback
2015-03-01, 11:22 AM
The two travelers spends several minutes debating the nature of the questions before Silsana begans her spell. Several minutes later she finishes the incantation and then asks one of the bodies
why he was hung here.
A moment passes as the head turns towards Silsana, broken neck bones cracking under the strain, as the glazed over eyes open and stare blankly at her.
"They thought, since we looked like the others," the voice strains, cracking, with a slight reverberation as if spoken down a long cave "that we were here to steal their children. We begged and begged but to no avail. We were innocent of their charges but their wrath would not be stayed..." the voice spoke, haunting and almost as if crying in the distance although the corpse betrayed no emotion.

So, I'm assuming you went with the why first. If I'm wrong let me know.
2 more questions to go.

Furiku
2015-03-02, 02:19 AM
"Who are the ones you were accused of looking like?" Silsana asked carefully. She wasn't quite sure if the wording would get her the answer she wanted but they were on a time limit so she had to try.

EldritchArisano
2015-03-02, 02:52 AM
While the questioning is taking place, Zen begins using his ghostly telekinesis, forming a ring of turned dirt around the tree, just larger than the radius of the branches, In preparation for a more proper funeral.

"Vita et mors non frustra."Zen whispers in a hushed tone focusing his mind for the task at hand

razorback
2015-03-02, 09:17 AM
"Common people they all looked like. The one who led the accusations wore a symbol of a scale on his chest." The monotone voice spoke, cracking a bit at the last. "He had a thick beard and his eyes were green. Green... green but with fire... and tears..."

EldritchArisano
2015-03-02, 09:33 AM
"I believe she was asking for a description of the people you were mistaken for, but the description of your executioners is appreciated." Zen says over his shoulder as he continues to till the dirt into a non-flamable form.

Furiku
2015-03-04, 11:09 PM
"Alright, I'll try again. Who were you accused of looking like?" Silsana asked.

razorback
2015-03-06, 09:54 AM
"We know not... who they were looking for. Only that... our white hair... and red eyes were the same as... as those... as those who stole their children... but we told them that we had no knowledge... of this..." the voice answers, trailing off in what sounds like tears.

EldritchArisano
2015-03-06, 02:26 PM
(after the questioning is complete) Spending a small amount of psionic energy Zen begins the 18 second process of raising the surface of the base of the tree to Lead-melting temperatures, and continues to focus until interrupted, turning the tree into a funeral pyre for the dead.

Matter Agitation
Psychokinesis
Level: Psion/Wilder 1
Display: Auditory and material
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area: 2 sq. ft. of surface area of an object or creature
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 min./level
Saving Throw: None
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 1
You can excite the structure of a nonpsionic, nonmagical object, heating it to the point of combustion over time. The agitation grows more intense in the second and third rounds after you manifest the power, as described below.
1st Round: Readily flammable material (paper, dry grass, tinder, torches) ignites. Skin reddens (1 point of damage).
2nd Round: Wood smolders and smokes, metal becomes hot to the touch, skin blisters (1d4 points of damage), hair smolders, paint shrivels, water boils.
3rd and Subsequent Rounds: Wood ignites, metal scorches (1d4 points of damage for those holding metallic objects). Skin burns and hair ignites (1d6 points of damage), lead melts.

While focusing, Zen says to Silsana "of course its not red hair and white eyes they're looking for... I think I will keep my hood up for now."

Furiku
2015-03-07, 09:08 PM
"Probably a wise idea." Silsana lets the last traces of the spell fade now that she'd asked her last question and watched Zen's fire as it began to burn. "So we have kidnappers around. Brilliant."

"And of course you have to have similar features. Because things just can't be easy."

EldritchArisano
2015-03-08, 12:17 PM
"Well, I can keep this up for 6 minutes at this rate without spending any more power... i wonder if the Power will run out or they will get here first" Zen says with a smirk

razorback
2015-03-09, 11:56 AM
It is a few minutes before either of you hear anything. After another minute you can see people milling about at the village before a small group of people come running up, some with buckets of water in their hand.
When they get close enough to make out the two of you, they stop. You can't make out what they are doing other than they seem to be talk to each other and a couple of men put down their buckets and pull something knife shaped out of their belts.
After another minute a smallish man runs up to the others with a couple of large men trailing him.
He yells something unintelligible at this distance and talks to the milling men for a moment, a couple pointing at the two of you, then all heads swivel to look your direction. The smallish man then starts to walk forward, the two large men by his side, with the rest of the group a few paces behind.
"You, there, what is all this business about? It is a crime to tamper with those set to justice. Answer, now, and quickly before you find yourself in the town square in the stockade!" the small man yells, beard quivering.

EldritchArisano
2015-03-10, 12:22 AM
While still watching the blaze, Zen starts to speak"Were you aware that the dead can be interrogated? In fact, they are completely incapable of lying. A properly powerful Mage or Cleric has no trouble at all extracting all their secrets, down to the last detail. These three men were MURDERED for the crime of looking similar to those who kidnapped some children"

slowly approaching the small man who seems to be the leader," Now since these three were murdered... it stands to reason that there was someone who murdered them.

Zen continues to walk until he is directly between the man and the burning tree, about halfway between them then turns and faces the man"Lead me to them now, I will now speak with your judge and jury."

razorback
2015-03-11, 05:57 PM
"Boy, no one needs to explain to you what happened but I will. These men were given a proper trial and were proven guilty under the law. There fate was their own and you best think about yours, starting a fire is arson and you can find yourself thrown in the jail if you don't speak proper and rightly to me!" Silsana and Zen can hear the crowd behind him start to grumble and some of the men start to fan out, creating a semicircle around Silsana and Zen.
"The kidnapping was on them and their kin. Damned cult of some demon would be my guess. Either way, you still need to explain your arson here, boy." he says intently as he stares at Zen.

EldritchArisano
2015-03-12, 12:58 AM
"boy? boy?! listen here I've been Immortal longer than your family tree can be traced!
Zen Says with a glare.

The fire is a funeral pyre for 3 men proven innocent by powers you can't seem to comprehend. If you had any interest in seeing your children returned, threatening two people in the business of saving villages is a bad place to start

then to Silsana"I'm beginning to see that these folk are possibly beyond reason, 5 gold says one gets itchy and stabs me."

Readied action: Malevolence (Su) DC 20 willsave.
In the event I am attacked, I attempt to possess the attacker. leaving my armor and cloak empty behind me.

Once per round, an ethereal ghost can merge its body with a creature on the Material Plane. This ability is similar to a magic jar spell (caster level 10th or the ghost’s Hit Dice, whichever is higher), except that it does not require a receptacle. To use this ability, the ghost must be manifested and it must try move into the target’s space; moving into the target’s space to use the malevolence ability does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The target can resist the attack with a successful Will save (DC 15 + ghost’s Cha modifier). A creature that successfully saves is immune to that same ghost’s malevolence for 24 hours, and the ghost cannot enter the target’s space. If the save fails, the ghost vanishes into the target’s body.

Furiku
2015-03-12, 01:01 AM
"I'm not taking that bet. You got yourself into this mess, I'm not losing money over it." Silsana rolls her eyes. "Really though, we're just travelling through. I'm sure we'd be happy to help find your kids, if you'll stop being *******s. Otherwise we can just keep on walking." Privately she was planning on a small detour to find the kids anyways, but just because she might find them didn't mean she had to return them to here. They'd probably be better off somewhere else.

The attempt to close in on them was met with indifference. She was damn well prepared to shift into her cat form and scurry away. If anything, she'd be able to time in it such a way no one would notice she was gone.

EldritchArisano
2015-03-12, 02:55 AM
Realizing that these people might be too desperate and confused to deal with in such an aggressive manner Zen tries to stifle his growing frustration. "I offer this bid of logic for you, if we weren't able to interrogate them, how do you suggest we know that men with white hair, and red eyes kidnapped your villages children, and that when the ones in the tree over behind me arrived, the one leading the accusations, most likely your mayor or magistrate, wears a symbol similar if not identical to the scales of justice and had what were described as "burning green eyes filled with tears"?

your options are:
I am a random arsonist who interrogated a someone who knows of your plight, and set a fire to get your attention.

I am who i say i am and have interrogated the dead to gain my knowledge, and laid them to rest, Hopefully stopping them rising as wraiths and killing you all in revenge. and getting your attention.

or i am one of the kidnappers just like you thought they were and trying to deceive you, and burnt the corpses of our allies, which would have been more useful reanimated, to signal you.

So are you going to attack me, or are you going to take the chance to have your children rescued?

Zen can see that grief and rage has severely clouded this mans judgement. and assumes that this situation is bound to keep escalating until he can talk to the magistrate. and begins formulating a plan to deal with the villagers in a non-lethal manner. as they aren't the real threat, and simply taking what route they believe to be right.

razorback
2015-03-12, 03:01 PM
"Immortal, eh? Probably by some black arts, I'd imagine." with that, the man throws back his cloak and you can see a necklace stylized to resemble scales.
"I be the mayor, judge and priest to Anu." he puts his hand up and looks at his assembled men, and they all hold their place.
Looking at Silsana he says "Looks like you should have taken the bet, lass." Looking at the both of you, he continues "These men, all unknown and matching the description of those who abducted the children, were given a fair trial and were found guilty under the laws of this land. It is not your place to question what and why we did it. It be best if you get yourself moving before.."
Just then a woman yells out "You don't do that, Atseen, you don't do that at all! My son is missing and you men have no clue what is going on. These two, at least, can go looking for them. You hung those men and our children are still gone. You haven't found nothing about where they went or who has them." With that she breaks out crying and another woman consoles her.

EldritchArisano
2015-03-12, 10:06 PM
seeing that Atseen has had his momentum broken, Zen Ignores him for the moment and asks the woman,"excuse me miss, what is your name?"

razorback
2015-03-13, 04:40 PM
The woman looks defiantly at the mayor for a moment before turning to Zen.
"Beyanne." she says hesitantly.

Furiku
2015-03-13, 11:05 PM
"Some mayor you are."Silsana grumbles, rolling her eyes. "I am unfamiliar with your laws, but what proof had you other then their appearances? Where did your final verdict gain it's justification? I could gather several people from all walks of life with one or two similar traits, none of them criminals or sinners, but if they matched the description of your accused would they then die too?" She keeps talking so Zen might converse with the woman in somewhat peace. She had a plan if the men decided to act threateningly towards her.

EldritchArisano
2015-03-13, 11:15 PM
Beyanne, you must have lost a child here too... I am sorry, how many children were taken from this village?

razorback
2015-03-15, 08:56 PM
You can see the woman's face thinking for a moment before she answers.
"5... there were five. My Tobin, Shey's Mila... Trask, Aerin... and Nelia. All were here when they came through and were gone the next day, just like them men were." she looks like she wants to tear up but manages to hold back, biting her lip.

EldritchArisano
2015-03-16, 03:24 AM
"Did the men leave anything behind? clothing, jewelry, anything we can use to identify or track?" Zen asks, looking for some sort of lead then has a realization"were there any children *not* taken?

After her Reply, If possible i would like to check knowledge Religion(+8), or Planes(+8), against our current knowledge of the kidnappers to see if they match any known cults or demonic factions

Rolls: if applicable to the situation
Knowledge Religion: [roll0]
Knowledge Planes: [roll1]

razorback
2015-03-16, 05:17 PM
"Yessir, they were the only ones they took. Plenty of kids still here." She points and milling around the adults are, in fact, other children of all ages, the younger ones hanging on to their parents.
"They didn't leave anything behind that I know of. They camped right over there" she continues as she points to a small, hallowed out area that is worn the grass a little thinner than the other areas "Just like these fellas, an looked just like 'em."

No known cults but the description matches the looks of Elan, the reborn, of the world.

Also, I'm out of the country for work until Thursday night, so posting will be spotty at best.

EldritchArisano
2015-03-16, 11:45 PM
"Hopefully my last questions for you, Did the 5 children have anything in common with each-other? and how would you prefer the kidnappers: Dead or Alive?" Zen asks, preparing to investigate the campsite as soon as the confrontation is over.

razorback
2015-03-20, 02:55 PM
There is a murmer going through the cloud, as people start questioning each other.
"Listen he..." is all the mayor can get out before men and women, parents by the sound of it, start yelling at him. His manner changes abruptly as he realizes his constituents are up in arms against him. He quiets down but his eyes burn with fire at the both of you.
"Other than being from the village, nothing. Different ages... boys and girls...." She looks around and the other, who nod their heads in agreement, before continuing. "We only want our children back. Whatever justice is met out to them we will leave up to you."

Furiku
2015-03-21, 11:57 AM
Silsana grins. It's not a nice grin in any means, no not at all. It's the self satisfied smirk of the cat who had gotten the mouse and canary, along with some milk and catnip to boot. She meets his glare with no fear, just daring him to continue digging himself a deeper grave. At this rate the townsfolk aren't going to listen to him anytime soon. Good, perhaps he'll learn something for once.

EldritchArisano
2015-03-23, 02:56 AM
Zen, Confident that Silsana is a better tracker than himself beckons, Mind helping me investigate the campsite? I'm afraid that's not my specialty

Furiku
2015-03-23, 11:05 PM
"I'll take a look." Silsana nodded in response to Zen's question. If they didn't come up with anything right away she'd probably come back under the cover of darkness and see if she might find more information in another form. She was not going to transform in front of these people if she could avoid it though.

razorback
2015-03-25, 02:32 PM
Silsana spends several minutes going over the campsite in detail as she tries to discern what she can, especially after all of the feet have trampled through here. For a few minutes the people stand around and, not seeing anything of interest, slowly start to drift away. The mayor, looking like a beat dog, motions to his cronies and the move closer to the small town but stay within spotting distance.
After a time only Beyanne plus another woman and what looks to be the other woman's husband are all that are left of the villagers.
Silsana spends sometime in frustration as most of the villagers trampled any good clues. Nearly throwing her hands up in disgust until she sees some strange markings on the ground away from the tree. Moving closer, but with extreme care, she makes out what looks to be hand and knee prints of someone. From what she is able to decipher, it looks like someone may have rolled out of a bedroll and crawled on their belly for a while before getting on their hands and knees and continuing for several hundred feet before getting up and running, based on the person's stride and the impression in the soft dirt. She follows the trail for a few hundred feet before looking back.

EldritchArisano
2015-03-26, 08:22 AM
Zen follows, interested and curious in Silsana's discovery, he moves silently, carefully observing, and trying to learn.

Furiku
2015-03-28, 10:21 PM
"From what I can find through all this...Someone ran. It looks like they snuck out, so it may have been one of the kids. But why they didn't return back to the village I don't know. Then again it could have been one of the kidnappers and the rest just did the same." Silsana grumbled. "It continues in that direction." She nodded in the direction the path went.

razorback
2015-03-31, 01:15 PM
Silsana follows the tracks for some time, coming across a small creek where it looks like the person took a break before moving into the creek, where the tracks are lost. Looking up and down the creek for some duration does not give any clues as to which direction the person went.

Furiku
2015-04-04, 12:39 AM
"Blast it. I've lost the trail." Silsana nearly snarled as she glanced around. "I don't think I can pick it back up either."

razorback
2015-04-07, 01:12 PM
The two of you spend some time going back and forth up the river, trying to find any clue to what happened to the mysterious person. At nearly the same moment, you both hear a fluttering in the air and see birds start to swarm around above you, flying about in a random manner but never coming to close to you.

https://bobcb518.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/birds-10.gif

There doesn't seem to be anything driving them about but you can hear a cry not to far off, on the other side of the creek, and realize at that point that a bush seems to be the center of the birds flying.

EldritchArisano
2015-04-08, 09:08 AM
Zen immediately rushes, over as fast as he can move, worried that they may be signaling an injured child.

razorback
2015-04-09, 03:37 PM
As Zen moves to where the highest concentration of birds are, he gets a feeling, like his ears ringing, that causes him to slow slightly. He looks about, trying to find the source of all of this... chaos. Moving about, he sees a foot sticking out of some brush at an odd angle.

EldritchArisano
2015-04-13, 02:06 AM
zen then reaches out a hand and, with telekinesis, attempts to lift the owner of the foot out from under the bush, trying to apply even pressure so as not to injure the person.

Furiku
2015-04-13, 02:12 AM
Silsana follows as closely as possible but she lags back as her ears begin to ring. She can't stand the feeling and actually backs up a few paces, scowling and rubbing at her ears in irritation. She's left to watch as Zen tries to retrieve the body.

razorback
2015-04-14, 05:41 PM
As the body rises into view, you can see that it is a male of indeterminate age and wearing brown robes, limp as he is carried by will alone, with shocking red hair.

EldritchArisano
2015-04-16, 03:05 AM
Silsana, can you check for a pulse? Zen asks, slowly setting the man on the flattest bit of grass in the immediate area.

razorback
2015-04-16, 03:35 PM
As the body gently sinks until it rests upon the ground, Silsana rushes over and checks the body, feeling a faint sign of life coming from the cold body.
Above, the birds continue their dance, darting around but never coming close to any of the humanoids. The 'ringing', while not becoming stronger, has not decreased either.

EldritchArisano
2015-04-18, 10:03 AM
Zen clenches his teeth, the ringing becoming more and more a nuisance, waiting for his telekinetic abilities to return.

Furiku
2015-04-18, 11:39 PM
"This one may live yet." She murmurs, attempting to ignore the ringing as best she can. She was prepared to cast cure light wounds should the man need any healing, and began checking him over to best see what she might be able to do for him.

razorback
2015-04-19, 11:17 AM
Silsana reaches the man and seeks a sign of life. She finds that his breathing is shallow and he is in a very thin sweat as his head slowly tosses from side to side and he is hot to the touch. She also notices that is a clotted wound near his left, rear rib cage that is still moist to the touch and has a putrid smell of decay about it. Occasionally the man whispers out something inaudible as if answering someone.

Furiku
2015-04-19, 11:19 PM
Silsana casts cure light wounds on the man and tries to listen to his whispers and see if she can make out what he's saying, intelligible or not.

Cure light wounds- [roll0]

razorback
2015-04-21, 04:38 PM
The man, once the healing has taken place, slowly rouses himself but he is still burning hot.
"Whhhat happened? Where am I? Where are the others?" he asks weakly, his red eyes struggling to focus on the people around him. "Meieria?" he says, looking at Silsana.

Furiku
2015-04-24, 12:56 AM
"You are in the wilds near a creek, we found you in a bush." Silsana replies with a quiet hmm as she inspects the man. "As far as I know there were no others with you, but we can't get close enough to check. As to what happened to you, my companion and I were hoping you might be able to tell us."

"Meieria? I am not her, whoever she may be to you. I am Silv." She searches her pack and produces a waterskin, offering it to the man. The false name slips by easily, one of her older aliases she hadn't used in a while.. "Here, drink slowly."

razorback
2015-04-24, 10:58 AM
A bewildered look crosses the mans face as he tries, weakly, to push the offered water away but you 'Silv' continues to offer and he takes a drink, then tries to sit.
"Uhh... let's see... I remember coming to the calling..." he looks at Zen "That must be why you are here, right, brother? We were outside some small village, camping, after buying some provisions." he puts his hands down as he tries to sit higher. "Tem and Bill said they got lots of strange looks from the villagers...I was cleaning a fish I had caught earlier... there was a noise and I left pain in my side. I fell and I saw Jon, who was near me making a stew, tackle my assailant. I don't remember anything after that until right now." he says, on the verge of tears as he recalls the assault on him and his group and the realization of what this entails.

EldritchArisano
2015-04-24, 09:11 PM
The calling? Brother? I'm afraid then I have been under-informed Zen says somewhat confused Could you elaborate a bit?

Furiku
2015-04-27, 03:02 AM
"Did you see your attacker? We are tracking a group and I feel your attack may be connected." Silsana asks quietly, rolling over the situation in her mind. This was adding up oddly and she wasn't sure if she was going to like the answer in the end.

razorback
2015-04-29, 10:55 AM
"You are one of the reborn, are you not? Your features... your hair and eyes, say you are but I could be wrong." the man says, a confused look on his face as he answers Zen.
With a puzzled look still on his face he turns back to Silsana. "I did get a quick look at the man Jon was tussling with. Looked like a fairly big man, like a farmer used to doing heavy work on a farm, but never got a clear look at his face." As the man becomes more coherent the both of you notice that the birds seem to drift further and further off along with the droning seems to subside.

EldritchArisano
2015-04-30, 12:50 AM
"Reborn, yes, but long enough ago that I have had little interaction with current generationZen explaines, keeping an eye on the retreating birds. Things seem to be done differently these days...

razorback
2015-05-04, 04:18 PM
The man fixes you with a stony, blank stare, holding your gaze for a minute before softening.
Turning to Silsana he says "Thank you for your help, miss. If you could help me to my feet, I'll be on my way." somewhat stiffly.

EldritchArisano
2015-05-05, 10:30 AM
"On your way where exactly?" Zen asks skeptically, offering a gloved hand to lift him to his feet.

"we've got enough problems without you getting attacked again, which is a likelyhood im not sure you'll want to face"

razorback
2015-05-05, 03:40 PM
The man pulls his hand back from Zen as if a viper were striking at him as he rolls to his side and helps himself up.
"That is my business, not yours." he says coldly "And you don't have to worry about me, I won't be caught aware again by some cow-milker." He then nods to Silsana and then, unsteadily, begins walking off.

EldritchArisano
2015-05-06, 12:06 AM
after he gets about 50 feet away, zen whispers to silsanaWe're tailing him, right?

Furiku
2015-05-06, 12:10 AM
"I suppose." Silsana frowned. "But first we might want to check the bushes. I can't hear that noise anymore and he'll leave a trail we can follow fairly easy."

razorback
2015-05-06, 06:04 PM
The man wanders for a while until he stops and bends down for a few moments. Standing, he takes a fallen tree limb and removes all of the leaves. Now, with a walking stick, he proceeds to walks slowly away, looking up at the sky at regular intervals.

EldritchArisano
2015-05-10, 12:50 PM
Zen inspects the bush, motioning for Silsana to tail their person-of-interest til he catches up

razorback
2015-05-12, 02:24 PM
As Zen looks in the shrubbery, the only thing he can find is a depression where the man had been, blood crusting the various plant life. Having some knowledge of humanoid anatomy he realizes that the man has lost a substantial, possibly life threatening amount, of blood.

Silsana keeps her distance from the hobbling man. He passes down the creek, making his way slowly and methodically. Once on the other side, it takes him to get up the bank on the other side. He pauses for a moment, basking in the light with his eyes closed, and makes about a quarter turn towards his left, mostly east from her best guess, and begins to walk again with a bit more gusto than before.

Furiku
2015-05-13, 02:57 AM
Silsana waits until the man is a far enough distance away he hopefully won't hear her as she crosses the creek. She takes a moment to scratch a small arrow in the dirt, pointing in the direction the man headed in hopes that Zen might see it if he follows before crossing herself.

razorback
2015-05-13, 04:54 PM
Silsana follows the man and he seems to be unerringly moving in the same eastern direction, with some minor twists and turns to move around trees and other obstacles that come into his way. It looks as if he is moving towards a specific peak or peaks in the mountain range ahead of him. With some though she realizes the man is moving in the same general direction as Balkoo.

EldritchArisano
2015-05-14, 11:49 PM
Satisfied that there is nothing left to find, Zen attempts to catch up with Silsana.

razorback
2015-05-19, 10:25 AM
Zen finds the tracks by the hobbling man easily and within a few minutes catches up to Silsana, who is still following the red headed man.
After about an hour, the man slows and finds a tree to lean against as he rests. His path has been directly towards the mountain for the whole time.

EldritchArisano
2015-05-22, 07:10 AM
Quiet enough that only Silsana should be able to hear Zen whispers "what are we gonna do with this guy? as far as I can tell, with the amount of bloodloss he suffered, he should be in a grave if not for your healing, but he still seems injured. And he seems shadier than that one Tiefling prophet from my last job.

Furiku
2015-05-24, 12:13 PM
"I know." Silsana's voice is pitched so only Zen should hear it. "We have no leads on those missing save for his strange behavior. I guess we should follow until he reaches the mountain at least, it's where he seems to be heading."

"I'd almost suggest splitting up and going ahead but we might miss something if we do."

razorback
2015-05-28, 02:07 PM
As the sun begins to set, Silv sets a spot near a tree and makes a clearing.
You see a flash of light, green and otherworldly, reminiscent of when Zen manifests his powers.
Then another flash and a few moments and acrid smell drifts on the wind towards you as you see a fire start. He then leans back against the tree and looks to fall quickly asleep.

Not sure if you missed this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19302603&postcount=59) in the OC thread.

EldritchArisano
2015-05-31, 12:36 AM
well... that's concerning... he's got his own resources then.... Zen mutters.

if only we knew if he was directly or indirectly related to the kidnappers...

razorback
2015-05-31, 01:24 PM
I'm assuming the two of you picked straws or some sort to figure out watches.

The night passes without incident as the man seems to stir little if any. As the sun rises, so does he, and proceeds to move out, much more quickly than before. His spry stepping keeps the two of you on your toes through the day and you get the suspicion that he is aware of you by the simple fact that he looks everywhere during the day except your direct.

The next day is spent in the same fashion as you reach the foothills.
As Silv reaches the first real incline, he turns and looks at the pair of you directly, face inscrutable, for about 30 seconds before he turns and moves up the hills, even more quickly than before.

EldritchArisano
2015-06-09, 12:52 AM
oh for the love of... Zen grumbles aloud We've been played...better be ready for this to go poorly

Furiku
2015-06-12, 12:02 PM
"I should have shifted. It's a lot easier to hide as a cat." Silsana grumbled. Still, she considered the spells she had available to her and began taking the surrounding terrain into account. If there was going to be a fight she would rather not be shoved down the mountain due to one of her own spells.

razorback
2015-06-14, 11:49 AM
Sorry guys, thought I had posted in OC that I was going to be out of the country all week on work.

Silv continues his trek up the mountain, scrambling around boulders and rocks, occasionally sending a small stream of rocks down as he loses his footing.
He eventually comes to rock facing, vertical for a few hundred feet in each direction as far as you can see. He turns and looks at the both of you and a moment later he proceeds to float up slowly.

EldritchArisano
2015-06-14, 11:17 PM
Zen thinks a moment, decides that since stealth has been rendered pointless he'll just fly there. "well if you shift now, we can just fly there, since our cover's blown anyways"

razorback
2015-06-16, 04:44 PM
Silv continues to levitate up, occasionally reaching out and touching the walls until he has to scramble up and over a ledge. You can see his head pop over the side as he looks over at you and then disappears.

Furiku
2015-06-28, 02:00 PM
"I suppose. This will probably get interesting though. Most likely walking into some kind of trap." SIlsana hums. "Though if you can make it look like you're carrying a fullsized me rather then a cat it might work,after all I can hop down and sneak off when we get close to wherever. Maybe if I give you my pack and we tie ours together it'll work from a distance?"

EldritchArisano
2015-06-29, 08:37 AM
"sounds like we have a plan then" zen says with a sigh,before helping rig a decoy and flying into position.

razorback
2015-07-02, 11:49 AM
As the two of you come up over the lip cautiously, you see Silv sitting cross-legged, meditating. When you begin to take a step he says, with eyes closed "As I told you, where I go is my business, not yours. Why do you follow me? Do you seek to reunite with the reborn of this age? Do you seem me as some child who needs to be looked after? I tell you, like yourself, I am much older than my appearance would seem. Treat me not like a child." he says, irritation evident on his face, his skin turning a shade nearer the color of his hair.

EldritchArisano
2015-07-04, 09:32 AM
Well, clearly you have a gift for reading minds." Zen says with a smirk "You appear to have more power than most, and you know of the current generation of Reborn, With and unknown "Cult" being accused of kidnapping children, something tells me instead the Reborn are recruiting, since younger Elan benefit more from the near-Immortality you and I have enjoyed. I want to find if my theory holds true, and handle the situation in the village we found you near.

Zen focuses and with some effort manifests Detect Psionics, attempting to hide the effects [roll0] (concentration DC 16) and holds the power until he's acquired all available information

Detect Psionics
Clairsentience
Level: Psion/wilder 1, psychic warrior 1
Display: Auditory and visual
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 60 ft.
Area: Cone -shaped emanation centered on you
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Power Resistance: No
Power Points: 1
You detect psionic auras. A psionic aura is given off by any active or permanent power, or during the use of any psionic feat. Characters who have levels in a psionic class, creatures with the psionic subtype, and creatures with the Wild Talent feat possess psionic auras. The amount of information revealed by the manifestation of this power depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.

1st Round
Presence or absence of psionic auras.

2nd Round
Number of different psionic auras and the strength of the most potent aura.

3rd Round
The strength and location of each aura. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Psicraft checks to determine the discipline involved in each aura. (Make one check per aura; DC 15 + power level, or 15 + one-half manifester level for an effect that is not created by a power, such as that of a psionic item.)

Psionic Aura Strength
Power or Item Aura Strength Faint Moderate Strong Overwhelming
Functioning power (power level) 3rd or lower 4th-6th 7th-9th 10th+

Psionic item
(manifester level) 5th or lower 6th-11th 12th-20th 21st+

Lingering Aura Duration
Original Strength Duration
Faint 1d6 minutes
Moderate 1d6 × 10 minutes
Strong 1d6 hours
Overwhelming 1d6 days
Psionically charged locations, multiple disciplines, or strong local psionic emanations may confuse or conceal weaker auras.

Aura Strength
A psionic aura’s strength depends on a functioning power’s level or an item’s manifester level. If an aura falls into more than one category, detect psionics indicates the stronger of the two. Detection of an overwhelming aura (see the accompanying table) dazes you for 1 round and the power ends.

Lingering Aura
A psionic aura lingers after its original source dissipates (in the case of a power) or is destroyed (in the case of a psionic item). If detect psionics is manifested and directed at such a location, the power indicates an aura of dim (even weaker than a faint aura). How long the aura lingers at this dim level depends on its original strength:

Each round, you can turn to detect psionics in a new area. You can tell the difference between magical and psionic auras. The power can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.

razorback
2015-07-06, 04:54 PM
Zen detects a faint and active psychometabolism aura, a very faint and fading telepathic aura

"It doesn't take a mind reader to figure you would follow." the ageless man says, scoffing at the Zen's comment. "I have neither red your mind or looked into the future, if that's what you're getting at. As far as the accusations, we do not recruit and we certainly do not kidnap to increase our ranks. What is going on is a big a mystery to me as it is to you. Perhaps someone with a vendetta against us... who knows. Idle thoughts on what may be is exactly that, idle thoughts that gain you nothing. You can follow me all you want in your quest to find these kids but all it will gain you is a further distance from you quarry."

EldritchArisano
2015-07-06, 06:49 PM
'So it would seem.' Zen muses, Well I suppose I'll be going zen says, beginning to levitate again and gliding towards the ledge.
"but first, Zen says with an icy stare, you should know better than to walk around as a glowing beacon of egoism and telepathy, it draws attention.

with that, Zen drops off the ledge.

razorback
2015-07-08, 02:15 PM
As you drop, you can see a smile on the man's face from your comment.

<Only for those who can see unclouded> are thoughts you can hear a split moment later.

EldritchArisano
2015-07-12, 12:51 PM
Well crap, now what?zen asks Silsana

Furiku
2015-07-14, 04:09 PM
Silsana gives Zen a disbelieving look and shakes her furry head before gesturing back towards where they came from with her tail. If this was a dead end then backtracking was their only solution. 'I'll shift back later. I might pick up something with my nose on the trip back.' She thought.

EldritchArisano
2015-07-15, 09:37 AM
Staying low to the ground, Zen moves as quickly as possible to where they originally were searching

razorback
2015-07-15, 01:43 PM
As they move quickly over the ground, Silsana occasionally catches the scent of animals, large and small, but nothing close, although she catches a stray scent that she can't quite pin down, that evaporates as soon as she catches a brief whiff.

The day passes, covering more ground than you had the previous day, getting close to the village.
As you close in, night is already settling in on the small village and you can see that the place is lit up by many fires and you see a lot of activity going on.

EldritchArisano
2015-07-18, 12:14 AM
"Activity, at this time of night? what poor fool have they targeted now?" Zen sighs... do you want to handle this your way, or mine?

razorback
2015-07-28, 10:17 AM
As the two of you stand trying to decide what to do, you can hear yells and shouts with lots of people moving about but can't make out the particulars of how many, how old they may be or who they are.

Furiku
2015-07-31, 02:04 PM
Silsana's ear flicks as she considers the options. After a moment she steps into the shadows and flicks and nods towards the town. She'll follow Zen while he does what he wants, and attempt to figure out what's going on if it's not overly apparent by the time they get there. Not many will notice a cat wandering around at a time like this.

EldritchArisano
2015-08-02, 01:45 PM
Zen runs into town, wracking his brain for possible explanations for the chaos, fully prepared to focus the aggression on himself if necessary.

razorback
2015-08-19, 10:30 AM
As the two of you move forward into the town, you can see Atseen with a few other men. They have a person with a black cloth over their head and they are moving them towards a bonfire set in the middle of town. You can hear some more people jeering somewhere just out of sight, behind another building, and can make out more men in a line.

EldritchArisano
2015-08-24, 02:22 PM
Rushing into open view Zen shouts "Atseen! you have two seconds to explain what in the Nine Hells is going on here. Not another step!

after quickly assessing the situation, Zen prepares to draw in and use his Ghost Malevolence ability on Atseen (DC 20 will) if any hostile moves are made.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/ghost.htm

razorback
2015-08-25, 06:19 PM
"You, eh? The one who messes with the dark arts? I see you come back with none of our children, just as I suspected. Come to steal more? Begone while I deal with these infidels or feel the wrath of Anu!" the old man yells. The others make a half-hearted growl behind him, obviously afraid of the situation that is developing.

Where you planning on going incorporeal, dropping all your equipment, to take over Atseen?

EldritchArisano
2015-08-28, 12:42 AM
Atseen, You fool. Our first lead was a dead end, so I returned to further inspect the area for clues. And what do I find? You, about to murder another presumable innocent in your madness. Zen continues to scan the area for hostile movement towards their prisoner. Tell me, in your infinite wisdom, what have you accused this one of? will you leave him like your last victims, a corpse to adorn your village?

Well, not all of the equipment Zen carries is corporeal, but yes, the plan is to leap out of his corporeal garb, taking his incorporeal clothes and possess Atseen, but only if a hostile move is made towards the prisoner. Zen is pretty confident that they can't injure ghosts, and as such is trying to keep all eyes on him rather than their helpless target. also giving Silsana a halfway decent distraction to take advantage of

Furiku
2015-08-28, 01:17 AM
Silsana slinks through the shadows, staying as hidden as she possibly can while getting as close as she dares. There are two spells on her mind that she can use if it comes down to it but she'd rather not use them. Atseen's behavior both surprises her and doesn't, but she turns to look at his victim instead. She can't tell if she's met this person before, it's too far away to catch their scent, but she's fairly certain they are innocent of the crime they are accused of.

She sweeps her gaze over the rest of those assembled that she can see, looking for a threat they haven't noticed yet.

Silsana has both Obscuring Mist and Summon Monster 1 prepared (among other spells of course) along with the necessary feats to cast them as a cat. Should the crowd act out or someone attempt to harm Zen where it'd actually do damage, she's ready to dart out into the the middle of them all and cast Obscuring Mist, followed by Summon Monster if it's needed. Her main goal is to get the hostage/criminal away from it all if it comes down to it.

razorback
2015-08-28, 06:20 PM
You see a fire in Atseen's eyes and it's hard to tell if it is something inner burning coming out or just a reflection of the torches gathered around.
"So, you seek to usurp the might and majesty of Anu, devil-spawn?" he says as he spits on the ground at Zen's feet. "I speak for the law here, not you, mister high and mighty outsider. I am the rightful authority of whereabouts. What I do and who I do it to are none of your business. Judgement has been cast... yes, judgement, righteous and wrathful. Keep on this path and you will be next!" he yells, spittle flying, as you can see that something like madness, whether from being challenged or something else, drives him.

EldritchArisano
2015-09-06, 01:02 PM
"Judge me then." Zen levitates a few inches from the ground holding his arms outwards, and Manifests an augmented Inertial Armor as a light green glow over his cloak.

"What do you see Atseen? Shall I demonstrate My Judgement and Wrath?"

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/inertialArmor.htm Augmented to +6ac

Zen grits his teeth under his hood, <if i get drug into an all-out fight with this fool it'll only waste more time... but his killing of innocents is going to end. Now where's that mother who had her wits about her...>

razorback
2015-09-08, 04:13 PM
"Ha! So, you show your devilry at last, do you?" Atseen says with a wild glint of light reflecting off his eyes and spittle flying as he cries out at you. He reaches into his coat and produces a symbol of Anu, holding it high at you. "You will be taken in and tried, just like these others, fiend. By the power of Anu, I tell thee to hold thyself!"

Atseen casts Hold Person on Zen
Will DC 14

He obviously doesn't understand what's going on here.

EldritchArisano
2015-09-09, 07:51 AM
Zen is both undead, and an aberration... but pretends to be held out of curiousity.

razorback
2015-09-09, 12:54 PM
"Ha! Now you will be brought to the courthouse and tried for both trying to interfere with the administration of justice and being in league with devils and kidnappers!"
He points to a couple of men then back at Zen "Grab him and take him to the jail. Find that little hussy that was with him. I'm sure she's around here, too."

Furiku
2015-09-10, 01:21 AM
If Silsana wasn't masquerading as a cat she might have responded to Atseen's comment. As it was her ears are pinned flat against her head and she slinks further into the shadows. Given that he's now looking for her in her humanoid form she slips off and heads towards the jail to beat them there.

She isn't willing to risk Atseen throwing around spells and hitting her by accident. While in most cases she won't be thrown out of her cat form it will alert him that she's no ordinary cat. Plus with the crowd as riled as it is, gathering any sort of useful information is not an option right now.

EldritchArisano
2015-09-11, 02:50 PM
Zen waits patiently for the men to take action, and tries to remember everything he can about Anu.

[roll0]knowledge religion (if necessary)

razorback
2015-09-13, 09:24 AM
While the rest of the gathered group look around for Silsana, anyone who might catch a glimpse of the cat stalking around the village have no idea that they are one in the same.
Two of the men, big men with a bow-beaten expression on their face, approach Zen and grab at him.
"Sorry, lad" the older one whispers to Zen apologetically "but he be the mayor here, the judge and the priest. Best for everyone if you never returned." the two men then grab Zen and move him towards the small jail.

EldritchArisano
2015-09-13, 11:41 AM
When Zen feels the hold would have worn off anyways he whispers to the men who are taking him to the jail "Answer honestly, Ignoring Atseen, who here would you see as mayor?" then looks to Atseen "Curious, I didn't think you had that kind of power. However without a priestly escort to my cell, i'm afraid these two will have trouble holding me."

Zen waits a second then adds in a shout so everyone can hear Silsana, if you would kindly stop pointing the that crossbow at Atseen's groin for a bit, I think a my trial will go okay, they can't prove a thing. however, if anyone else dies during the next few days, I'd like their grave adorned with Atseen's head."

razorback
2015-09-15, 12:50 PM
The two men give each other a furtive look but the older man shakes his head.
"It's not for us to go against what the gods decide..." is all he mutters.
"I have no power, only the blessing of Anu. The fact that it vexed a demon like you just means my cause and actions are just." he says smugly but the small crowd gathered begins to murmur about the goings on. As Zen calls out, everyone looks around and some flinch. The men hold their clubs a bit higher than before, as if to ward off something.
Once at the jail the two men begin to remove any weapons and equipment you posses, putting them in a wooden case before locking it and placing you in a iron barred cell.
Once 'safely' locked away, Atseen waves the men away. Once alone, he begins to question Zen.
"Interfering with the lawfully designated agent in this community in the administration of justice... inciting a riot against the local authorities... I'm sure more will come out once we start digging into the law books. Best to be honest and tell me what is going on and we'll go with the minimum's of the laws... make it hard and you'll get the maximum. What'll it be?"

I'm assuming you are making yourself 'physical' enough for them to touch so they are putting you in the cell. If not, let me know how you react and we'll adjust.

EldritchArisano
2015-09-15, 07:34 PM
Zen walks through the bars to Atseen's face.

Smiles.

And attempts possession.

razorback
2015-09-15, 08:52 PM
Save vs DC 20 (The target can resist the attack with a successful Will save (DC 15 + ghost’s Cha modifier)
[roll0]

The smug look on Atseen's face disappears as if it was never there, replaced by shock, as he stands gibbering for a moment.
Zen's 'body' fuses with Atseens and there is the briefest moment of resistance before Zen has control of Atseen's body, looking out through the man's eyes as he blinks as he adjusts.

Furiku
2015-09-16, 02:19 AM
Silsana sits near the door to the jail, trying to stay in the shadows as much as she can. She waits as the first two men leave, then waits for Zen or Atseen to appear once more. However, she does try to listen and see what she might hear going on, but doesn't try to sneak into the jail to do so.

Hide: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

EldritchArisano
2015-09-16, 02:23 AM
anything interesting happen as a result of the nat1?

<ok then... 10 hours... lets see what needs to be done to fix this town> zen thinks to himself

razorback
2015-09-16, 04:18 PM
You find a spot where it looks like you can perch yourself away from prying eyes as Zen is taken by the men into the jail with Atseen. A few minutes later the two beefy looking farmers come out, shutting the door behind them. "Boy's gonna be in a world of hurt." the older one says as they begin to walk away. At the very edge of hearing you make out something, over the other noises going on, ... "when Shamel finds out..."

A few minutes later a crowd gathers near you, looking at the jail with something like... fear?... as they mill about as if waiting for someone to show up or something to happen. They bring a quite a few torches, spoiling your hiding spot but no one seems to notice you. They all seem to be complaining about the crops and the poor harvest the past few months.

Zen spends a moment thinking to himself when he realizes he doesn't hear the background thoughts normally associated with using his power of possession. Always there is something the host thinks, akin to someone whimpering in the corner, but he doesn't get anything of the sort this time.

EldritchArisano
2015-09-16, 06:38 PM
Zen gathers up his belongings into his bag of holding, tucks that into his host's belt, and exits the jail.
"Atseen" addresses the nearby folk,
Gather everyone! The demon has escaped! He's vanished!

Zen then mentally instructs his psicrystal to prod Silsana twice with a leg, then point towards Atseen, before resuming its guise as a simple gem in her possession.

razorback
2015-09-18, 06:07 PM
As 'Atseen' makes his entrance and shouts to the village, everyone pauses and listens, then runs about for a few minutes. Some men return carrying, for the most part, makeshift weapons - pitch forks, wood axes, field thrashers - plus the occasional rusty sword.
After a time, they start to gather slowly outside as one man, who looks like he just woke up, comes running up and puts his hand on 'Atseen's shoulder.
"Can I have a word with you, Father?" he says with a smile as he guides Zen back into the jail.

Silsana spot
(1d20+4)[17]

Silsana, on the other hand, keeps her vantage point as the gem comes up and, noticing it, she realizes Zen is up to one of his old tricks.

EldritchArisano
2015-09-19, 07:25 AM
Zen looks to the person speaking, and is willing to move just inside the door, but as there's a "demon" on the loose just wants to hear what they have to say, and continue rallying the village.

razorback
2015-09-19, 11:34 AM
The man goes to shut the door, smile still on his face.
Once closed he turns back to, smile gone. "Damn you, you fool. How did you let him escape?Explain. We need to find him quickly." the man paces a few steps, head down with his hands on his forehead as he thinks "I can't allow him to escape... a second time, thanks to you. Come, explain what happened!" as you see the man's face flushes red as he is obviously agitated.

EldritchArisano
2015-09-19, 12:08 PM
He dissipated in to green fire after issuing what was either a warning or a threat. The demon-man claimed that as long as a corrupted Cleric held power here, it would be the children who suffered... that faith tainted by anger was what attracted calamity

after a moment's pause Zen adds: However I Held him, my faith must be intact. also, his escort should be nearby, no doubt waiting to cause more trouble. she's a halfling, i think.

razorback
2015-09-19, 12:28 PM
The man boils up, as he turns around slowly, puzzlement on his face "Green... fire? What can that mean? Has some caught wind of what I'm doing here and sent someone to interfere or take over what I'm going? " He paces a few more steps, back and forth, before turning back to Atseen. "Gather your flock." he says with a sneer. "Find this magician and his woman. Inform half of the men to come with James, he'll take the north and western areas of town while you take the east and southern section. They can't have gone far. I'll use my powers to help ferret them out and I'll let you know what I can divine. Quickly, fool." as he points to the door, then he sets down and crosses his legs, eyes closed and focused.

EldritchArisano
2015-09-19, 01:28 PM
Zen leaves slowly pretending to be somewhat puzzled, and manifests a hidden detect psionics towards the man DC 16 concentration to not have a display, [roll0]

razorback
2015-09-19, 02:27 PM
A Atseen walks out the door he notices two things: That the man on the floor is holding a glass eye in his hand and that the man is giving off an aura of magic emanating from him.
Once outside the door, you can see quite a few men from the village have gathered along with the women and children. The older farmer comes up, carrying a wood chopping axe, and asks "Should we get the women and children together in a barn with a few men to protect them while we ferret out this devil?"

EldritchArisano
2015-09-19, 10:53 PM
half of the men are to go with James and search the north and west, the other half are to come with me, we will search the south and east. but instead of the barn, have the women and children go to my personal residence, and barricade themselves there, instruct them to place a lit candle in every window.

after a bit of thinking Zen adds, Three men to guard them, and tell the children its a surprise party of some sort.

razorback
2015-09-21, 12:13 PM
The men mill about for a moment with a bit of confused look before the same man asks "Do you want them all in your room at the church or do you just want them in the church?"

EldritchArisano
2015-09-21, 12:59 PM
my room would be ideal, if space allows, they'll be protected there. zen says as he grabs "his" holy symbolthat I can promise. now then, we have a hunt to begin.

razorback
2015-09-21, 02:59 PM
The men start shouting out orders, with the women and children and some of the older men going over to the small, spartan building as the men decide who will stay to watch the women and children.
After a a couple of minutes, the three are chosen and everyone is escorted in and the doors are locked.

The men with James proceed to begin their search, torches ablaze while the rest wait on Zen to give them direction.

Furiku
2015-09-22, 06:05 AM
Silsana huffs and flicks her tail, rather amused at Zen's situation. She should have expected it but it's still amusing to see once again. When Atseen-Zen orders the men around she gets up and follows after the women and children, darting between boxes and other such cover like a scared cat that kept getting flushed out of it's hiding place by sudden noises.

She inspects the room the women and children are to be in the best she can from the outside, mostly just to reassure herself that someone getting in from the outside will have a bit of a challenge in forcing their way in, and plans to return to Zen if there is nothing that tips her off that something might go wrong here. She also keeps an ear out for anything that might sound odd, or just tidbits that might catch her attention.

Spot: 1d20+4
Search: 1d20+13
Listen:1d20+2
(My rolls seem to not be working, I don't know why though. :/)

EldritchArisano
2015-09-23, 06:20 AM
Let me try?
Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]
Listen:[roll2]

razorback
2015-09-23, 03:46 PM
Silsana watches for a few minutes while everyone files in and the three men shut the door and barricade it. Nothing on the outside seems to be moving and it seems they have done a good job with the materials on hand to barricade themselves versus entry.
While outside she can hear the parents hushing children, that everything is going to be ok... women comforting each other. She also over hears one of the older men mentioning to one of the guards that things only go strange after Shamel had shown up and why was he in the jail by himself? The guard hushes him before he can continue on.

EldritchArisano
2015-09-26, 04:11 PM
Zen, while "searching for the heathens" uses the mob an an excuse to enter and search numerous homes, looking for anything suspicious his plan is to make a large loop, exhausting the townsfolk following him, then eventually lead everyone back to the church.

razorback
2015-09-28, 04:07 PM
Zen proceeds to spend the next few hours searching the village, high and low, and to everyone's surprise, the 'devil' isn't found. Most of the the houses are fairly well kept, speaking to the hardworking villagers work ethic, if mostly spartan in furnishings. Nothing is found that is out of the ordinary, that would tip off anything is out of the ordinary in any of the houses or huts he has seen.
However, one small hut, near the church, is closed and locked. None of the villagers seem to want to go near it and, after a cursory check of the doors and looking in the windows, are ready to move on to other houses. They then check the surrounding area, barnes and bushes, but nothing is turned up.

EldritchArisano
2015-09-29, 04:00 PM
Why are we not searching here? surely our quarry wouldn't think twice about hiding here!
Zen chastises the men as he approaches the door and prepares to enter.

razorback
2015-09-29, 06:29 PM
The men standing near Zen stand silent for a moment, some of them shuffling uncomfortably, as the look at each other for someone to answer. A couple nod at each other, making faces, and nod towards you before one of them speaks.
"Bbbbeggin' your pardon, Father, but that be Shamel's house. He an' you have both given directions not to enter and, besides and all, he always keepin' it locked, sir. That's why." the man manages to finally get out.

EldritchArisano
2015-09-30, 09:11 AM
I'll go in alone, if that makes you more comfortable. keep searching.

Zen will attempt to open the door, using telekinesis to punch the lock out, then open, acting as if he's just pushing it open by hand.

razorback
2015-10-03, 07:47 AM
Not sure if you guys are looking here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?386662-Psionic-Homebrew-OOC/page3)

To recap: Is Zen using Telekinetic Thrust?
I'm reading this as an attack, while I'm not going to say that you need to roll to hit the lock, it might be obvious to others that some kind of 'magic' is involved.

EldritchArisano
2015-10-03, 09:47 AM
neither the IC or the OOC update for me, i have been checking IC manually, but not OOC, as for the telekinesis, i intended to use the ghost ability, in the form of 300lbs of sustained force on one object, in this case, the tumblers in the lock. as a its a (SU) so shouldn't have telling signs

razorback
2015-10-04, 11:22 AM
Zen uses his talents to push on the lock and there is a metallic 'crunching' sound that doesn't travel far over the noise of all the comings and goings during the night. The torches play shadows on the wall and it looks like someone walking up behind him. He quickly turns but see that all of the villagers are standing back, all with strange looks on their faces as the door is open.

Silsana continues her vigil as she stealthily moves about. As she moves to a better vantage point she notices 'Atseen' with the villagers as he is about to enter a small house, really just a well kept hut by the look of it. From a far corner she sees one of the men skulk off away from the others, circling around a house and heads towards the direction of the jail before she looses sight of him. Behind her she can hear the children finally starting to settle down, most of them asleep. With a glance she notices that most of the women seem to be wide awake as they seem to be pointed looking at the men. The all seem to be making pointed, wordless glances that express quite a bit of meaning but the men just seem to be shrugging their shoulders back at them.

Furiku
2015-10-07, 09:51 PM
Silsana shifts in place, torn between following the man that branched off or staying at the house. After a moment she follows the man, more worried about him then the women and children for now. The fact he made sure to sneak off has warning bells going off in her head.

EldritchArisano
2015-10-08, 09:09 AM
Having his psicrystal keep tabs on Silsana's movements, Zen sends a telepathic message via the crystal {Ah, Find something interesting did we?, let me know if anyone approaches, i'm going in}

with that said, Zen begins scouring the building for clues.

razorback
2015-10-08, 02:37 PM
Silsana has no trouble following the man as he is obviously focused on not being seen and, although he is looking around, he is obviously looking for a human following him, not some cat. The man maneuvers between buildings, keeping out of the light to the best of his abilities while also avoiding the parties out searching for the 'demon'. Eventually he makes his way to the jail. Taking extra precaution to see that he isn't followed, he stands for nearly three minutes before rushing to the door, opening it, and going in.

Zen, upon entering, can hear the people outside murmuring to themselves as he starts to go through the small hut. From outside he hears someone say "Get looking around the other buildings the rest of you. Come on, the quicker we find 'im the sooner we get to bed. " He rifles through the small room, looking under the cot and in the drawers. The room has some meager possessions in it, some clothes and grooming suppliers, a wash basin along with a few other odds and ends. The only thing out of the ordinary is under the pillow is a pouch with smaller containers that hold what smells like sulphur, a bag with looks to be some hair and nail clippings, webbings and oils.

Furiku
2015-10-18, 03:55 PM
Silsana darts into the jail after the man, keeping low to the ground as she attempts to follow through the door. It's clear the man has something to hide and she's going to find out what it is to the best of her abilities. She stays as hidden as possible just in case however.

Hide Check: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Let's see if the rolls work this time.

EldritchArisano
2015-10-18, 04:43 PM
Zen, satisfied that the building holds nothing of interest besides spell components leaves, intending to meet up with Silsana at the jail

razorback
2015-10-20, 08:48 AM
Silsana manages to sneak into the building as the man shuts the door, his eyes focusing up high for human movement and fails to notice the cat slither in.
Once in the man rushes over to Shamel. "Shamel, don't know what's going on but Atseen just went into your house." the man says nervously, sweat breaking out on his face on this cool night as soon as he realizes he is disturbing the other man.
Shamel's eyes snap open as he looks at the man. "What do you mean, in my house?." he says through clenched teeth. He stands, the fury in his voice obvious on his face. "What does that imbecile thinks he's doing??? I will reinforce his directive. Too bad this town didn't have better stock to use." he says as he stands. He closes his eyes as he forces his breathing back. After a few deep breaths, he looks visibly calmer. "Go out there and see what other damage he or his followers may have wrought. I'll deal with the good father myself in a few moments." he says as he points to the door and the man shuffles out, closing the door behind him.

As Atseen walks out the door, he sees the village abuzz with activity and people calling out to each other in the distance.

EldritchArisano
2015-10-20, 11:31 AM
Zen attempts to move stealthily towards the meeting-place Silsana is spying on, intending to interrupt only after Shamel leaves the building.

razorback
2015-10-23, 08:33 AM
Silsana is still in the room as the man composes himself, muttering something unintelligible under his breath. He finally makes his way to the door, and throws it open in one haughty move, leaving it open in his anger, as he move out into village.

Zen sneaks out the door. The rest of the village, intent on finding the demon, either pay him no heed or can't see the stealthy Atseen move. He makes his way to the jail to see Shamel disappear around a corner in a different way than he had approached.

Furiku
2015-10-27, 07:51 PM
Silsana followed him out, her tail flicking in smugly in typical cat fashion. No point in staying in the jail if her target is walking out. Plus she got some fabulous information by just listening in. So it seemed this Shamel was really the one in charge, even if it was from the shadows, and he'd been using something as stock. She was quite willing to bet he was talking about those who went missing, which meant if she followed him long enough he would quite possibly lead her right to them.

She continues to trail him, hoping she might pick up anything he mutters as he travels.
LIsten:[roll0]

razorback
2015-10-31, 10:29 AM
Shamel, once outside the door, starts to visibly calm as he makes his way back to his home. He looks forward intently and, while mumbling to himself in an inconsistent manner, she can't make out any of the words.
As he makes his way to his home, he sees the doors open and talks up. At the door way he puts his arms across the frame and Silsana can see him visibly flex, wood creaking momentarily, as he shakes his head. Turning he spots a nearby villager who seems to be looking into some bushes for the 'demon'.
"Where is Atseen?" he asks mildly to the man, tone not matching his facial features.
"Not sure, Shamel. Haven't seen him for a bit. Just came from around the other side of the town. Maybe he went to the church to check on things?"

Sorry guys, just got back from Disneyland.

EldritchArisano
2015-11-05, 02:21 AM
Zen intends to ambush Shamel at the church should he head that way, given Silsana's support.<I think the churchyard would be a good place to beat him into submission...>

razorback
2015-11-06, 09:06 AM
Shamel just turns from the man from the man without any acknowledgement as he walks down the street and to the church. He is practically stomping his feet in agitation as he walks.
Once to the church, he pushes the door only to realize they are barred.
He pounds on the door for a moment before announcing himself "Its Shamel. Open the bloody doors."

Furiku
2015-11-06, 10:15 PM
Silsana's ears twitch and she continues following. When he gets to the church her gaze darts around, looking for an open window or something for her to use to get in rather than wait for the door to be opened, and to use as a possible escape route. Still, she plans on entering behind Shamel mostly so she can bar the door behind him depending on how this next bit goes.

EldritchArisano
2015-11-07, 12:08 PM
ready? if so flick your left ear, if not, flick right. if exasperated, act natural.

razorback
2015-11-08, 10:49 AM
Silsana can hear some activity on the other side of the door, with some whispered words unintelligible through the other noises and thickness of the walls. Shamel is too obviously intent to look down at a cat to notice.
After a few moments everyone can hear a heavy board being moved, with some grunting, on the other side of the door. Shamel continues to pound and rant a bit as he tries to push open the doors, oblivious to the fact that he is making the job of opening the door harder for whoever is trying to accomplish it.
Finally, the door is opened and two elderly men, one with an old and dented helmet askew, open the door, spears in hand but not pointing at the red faced man. From her vantage point Silsana can see Shamel try to smile, veins protruding on his neck, as he blinks several times quickly.
"I would have words with the priest. Is he in here?" his face contorted in a half-smile/half-rage.

Furiku
2015-11-25, 06:36 PM
Silsana almost wishes she still had the ability to hum as she follows. After a moment her left ear flicks then she sits down and curls her tail around her paws, ever watching. She can't really think of anything more natural then a cat sitting and staring at something and it's just a bonus if she happens to unnerve someone. Shamel's expression is rather interesting, and if Silsana is honest, very creepy. He looks as if he's a moment away from exploding and she's ready to move when he does, or when Zen says so.

EldritchArisano
2015-11-25, 10:38 PM
With that, Zen attempts to sneak up on Shamel from behind, to tap on his shoulder. "Don't move an inch" he says, trying to mimic Atseen's tone when speaking to 'heretics'.

razorback
2015-11-28, 11:28 AM
As Zen sneaks up, one of the guards turns his head slightly towards him and says "Well, he's right behind you." just as the other says "Haven't seen him in a while.".
Silsana notes that a look of confusion dominates his features as Zen sneaks up on him and speaks. A moment leter she can see the man bite his lip as his head shakes in rage as he whips around. "Have you gone mad!?!?" he yells at Atseen as he blinks out in fury.

EldritchArisano
2015-11-28, 12:34 PM
"Atseen" backhands the man, I said not to move, I'm sick of your ineffectual efforts here. I've followed you orders, now you follow mine.

then to telepathically to Silsana Fireworks in 3...2...1...

razorback
2015-11-28, 02:46 PM
The man looks speechless of a moment, as if this was the last thing he was expecting, as he blinks several times in quick succession. Then his eyes narrow suddenly.
"You will regret your insolence, Atseen." he says in a cold fury.

Make a will save.

EldritchArisano
2015-12-03, 08:10 AM
[roll0] then add 4 by using Elan Resistance at 1 PP as an immediate action.

razorback
2015-12-05, 10:29 AM
Zen feels a dark weight carrying his soul down as the man looks him in the eye. Shamel's eyes flicker for a moment as if a cold, red flame was lighting eyes from behind. There is a brief struggle but Zen fights it off.

It is reflexive and you two can react.

EldritchArisano
2015-12-06, 12:21 AM
Zen backhands the man again, with his other hand this time harder unarmed strike [roll0] [roll1]

Don't. try. that. again.

razorback
2015-12-09, 09:38 AM
Then man looks shocked as he takes a staggering step back but his eyes lock onto Zen's.

Make another Will save.

Furiku
2015-12-15, 03:09 PM
Silsana doesn't quite realize that Shamel has attacked until Zen warns him not to repeat the action, but she adds her own magic to the mix. She moves from her perch and brushes past Shamel, making sure to touch him in the process, and darts behind a box to poke her head out and watch the results of her magic. With him as distracted as he was it'd be interesting to see if he even noticed she had been the one to cast it.

She holds back before she attacks again, already having another spell in mind should it be needed.

Silsana used Bestow Curse, via surrogate spellcasting as she only had to touch Shamel. Will DC 17 to pass or Atseen gets -4 to attacks rolls,saves,ability checks and skill checks.

razorback
2015-12-16, 09:00 AM
A look of surprise crosses Shamel's face as his eyes narrow at Zen as he audibly grinds his teeth.

EldritchArisano
2015-12-20, 12:15 PM
1d20+7 then add 4 by using Elan Resistance at 1 PP as an immediate action.

EldritchArisano
2015-12-20, 12:16 PM
1d20+7 lets try again