PDA

View Full Version : crafting wand questions

questionmark693
2014-12-20, 01:28 PM
I have two questions. First one, can I craft a wand with a spell that has metamagic applied so long as it is still in a fourth level or lower slot? Second, how do I calculate the cost if I don't want to craft it at minimum level?

EDIT: I figured out the second question, using the table for estimating magic item value.

Jeraa
2014-12-20, 01:32 PM
I have two questions. First one, can I craft a wand with a spell that has metamagic applied so long as it is still in a fourth level or lower slot?

I don't see why not. The Staff of Power has a few Heightened spells in it, so magic items can have metamagic-ed spells in them.

Second, how do I calculate the cost if I don't want to craft it at minimum level?

Spell level x caster level x 750 gp is the cost to buy. Half that to make.

questionmark693
2014-12-20, 01:35 PM
You swordsaged my edit :P but thank you, I appreciate the quick answer :)

Jeraa
2014-12-20, 01:36 PM
Also, the in the description of metamagic feats:

Magic Items and Metamagic Spells

With the right item creation feat, you can store a metamagic version of a spell in a scroll, potion, or wand. Level limits for potions and wands apply to the spell’s higher spell level (after the application of the metamagic feat). A character doesn’t need the metamagic feat to activate an item storing a metamagic version of a spell.

bjoern
2014-12-20, 03:12 PM
This will really mess with your noodle:
Apply metamagic reducers for the wand creator.

Eternal wand of Arcane Thesis, Fell Drain, Sculpted, Extended, Invisible caltrops.
For only 820 gp

Double the price for double the duration, triple for triple duration, etc.

Barbarian Horde
2014-12-20, 05:01 PM
Yes be careful what you do though. Personally Im a big fan of maximize & sculpt spell. Something mean like Enervation(Ray attack), twin spell, chain spell, maximize. Or Magic missle CL 9 with fell drain for 3375g. Delevel 5 targets a round.

"Zeroth Artificer" Pay 5% of the total cost of an item