PDA

View Full Version : Fiendish pixie build?

Zirael
2007-03-29, 10:54 AM
Yes, so I've had my wonderfull, child-like cheerful chaotic good pixie transformed into a horribly lawful evil fiendish creature with pale skin and bat wings. Stupid old making-you-answer-a-riddle-before-asking-a-question-evil-oracle!

Anyway, I have no idea how to make it efficient and most of all playable character after that unfortunate change. I think something sneaky would fit best, due to extremally high dex and natural invisibility. Could anyone suggest something? Anything? Oh, and it's D&D 3.0 (still can't convince my DM to convert. Probably never will.)

Fax Celestis
2007-03-29, 11:00 AM
Rogue, definitely.

henebry
2007-03-29, 11:43 AM
I've always found the Lawful "Rogue" an interesting oxymoron. So rogue by class, perhaps, but spy or assassin by profession. I imagine your fiendish pixie is now taking orders from an evil organization?

Zirael
2007-03-29, 11:44 AM
Yes, definitely a rogue, but i was thinking if I could get something more. I mean, I'm trying to find some nice PrC, but they all seem to by either useless (like giving bonuses to jumping, climbing and so on, that I don't need, 'cause I can atually fly...) or have ridicullous pre-reqs: why-oh-why should I take these 8 ranks in hide, while i'm invisible?

I imagine your fiendish pixie is now taking orders from an evil organization?

Actually, even better. She's been ordered by a devil (or anything alike) to sort of resurect an ancient evil cult. When she and two of her newly-fiended friends came to the camp she actually become their leader... (being a lvl 3 char!!!) And now she's almost 5, where she finishes her monster levels, so I need to figure out what direction should I go with her

EvilElitest
2007-03-29, 02:34 PM
Give her a sadist streak. Few things are more scary than a kind child like creature smilling and laughing wildly at others pain
from,
EE

Thoughtbot360
2007-03-29, 04:48 PM
I've always found the Lawful "Rogue" an interesting oxymoron. So rogue by class, perhaps, but spy or assassin by profession. I imagine your fiendish pixie is now taking orders from an evil organization?

I know, the Monk, Bard, and Barbarian all have restrictions on the Law/Chaos axis (I mean, why the Bard?:smallconfused: ) but not the rogue? The freaking rogue? :smallannoyed: I honestly don't understand law and chaos anyway (I mean, honestly, can you imagine a Law Vs. Chaos campaign, where Good and Evil might exist, but are NOT up there with Law and Chaos as universal forces and are not the focus of the campaign? Seriously Law and Chaos s*ck. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0068.html))

I also wonder why WOTC uses such a cheesy device to impede a Monk/Barbarian or Paladin/Bard multiclass. Seeing as how the monk and the bard do not lose their abilities, it seems to me that the goal should be to switch from Lawful to Neutral.

Bard: (sensing that he's about to level up soon) I switch from Neutral good to Lawful good.
DM: Prove it.
Bard: How?
DM: uh.......

I hope you all caught the problem in the above skit. How do you prove you are lawful or chaotic (or merely neutral?). Switching from good to evil is simple. Just keep stealing candy from babies, killing hobos for fun and back stabbing people (probably should be limited to NPCs). But I swear ever other alignment change is hard. Doubly so because the DM and players may have a different idea of what alignment means what.:smallsigh:

Innis Cabal
2007-03-29, 04:50 PM
if your going to go rogue get your hands on a pair of kukri and get them keened...nothing says "SURPRISE" like a 12 year old appearing girl as she shows you your own spine

PnP Fan
2007-03-29, 08:43 PM
rogue or beguiler is the route to go. Don't know if your DM will stop you from taking a 3.5 class that doesn't exist in 3.0. I would think that your Invisibility could act as a virtual requirement (i.e. it meets the intent of the requirement, if not the letter of the law).