PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Paladin spells [spells]

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-29, 11:15 AM
These are some ideas I had for paladin spells. Comments would be very much appreciated.

Wings of Pegasus
Transmutation (Subschool) [Good]
Level: Paladin 2
Components: V, F
Casting Time: Standard Action
Range: Touch
Target: Your mount touched
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Fort negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
This spell grants your mount a fly speed of 60 feet with average manueverability.
Focus: A pure white feather.

Sacred Charge
Evocation [Good]
Level: Paladin 3
Components: F, DF
Casting Time: Swift Action
Range: None
Target: Self
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: Fortitude Half
Spell Resistance: No
This spell may only be cast as part of a charge action. On your next attack action you deal an additional d6 damage per caster level. This damage is Divine damage. Undead or Outsiders with the Evil subtype struck by this spell must make a fortitude save or be stunned.

Divine Holocaust
Evocation [Fire, Good]
Components: V DF
Casting Time: Standard action
Range: close (25 ft. +5 ft./level)
Target: 15/15 square
Duration: Concentration (max 3 rounds)
Saving Throw: Reflex Half
You create a blaze of divine fire at a 15 ft. by 15 ft. square designated by you. All evil creatures within the blaze take 2d6 fire damage and 2d6 divine damage. Good or neutral characters merely take 1d6 fire damage. You may redesignate the area of effect every round you maintain concentration.

Stormlance
Evocation [Air, Good]
Level: Paladin 1
Components: V, F
Range: Medium (45 ft. +5 ft./level)
Target: 1 creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes
You may make a ranged touch attack that deals 1d4 electricity damage per caster level (max 5d4 at 10th level). Effected targets must make a fortitude save or be stunned for one round. You may declare a use of Smite Evil in conjuction with this spell.
Focus: Melee weapon

Ember Wings
Evocation [Fire]
Components: V
Casting Time: Swift action
Range:
Target: Self
Saving Throw: None
Faint flaming wings momentaraly sprout from your shoulders. You gain a fly speed of 40 ft. with good manuevarability.

Wings of Fire
Evocation [Fire]
Components: V
Target: Self or special mount
Duration: 1 round/level
Magnificent flaming wings sprout from your shoulders. You gain a fly speed of 70 ft. with good manuevarability. In addition evil creatures suffer a -2 penalty to hit you in any round that you fly at least 40 ft.

Divine Bond
Enchantment [Good]
Components: V, DF
Target: Mount touched
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: No
For the duration of this spell, any damage dealt to your mount is instead instantly transferred onto you instead.

Holy Trample
Transmutation [Good]
Components: V,
Duration: 1 round/level
You enchant your mount's natural attacks to strike as +3 holy weapons.

Blade of Cleansing Fire
Transmutation [Fire, Good]
Components: V, F,
Casting Time: Swift Action
Target: Weapon touched
Your weapon becomes surrounded in a blazing corona of fire that extends well beyond the blade itself. The weapon's reach extends to 15 ft. and all damage dealt becomes 50% fire and 50% divine damage. Any evil creatures slain by this weapon while the spell lasts are burnt to dust.
Focus: Personal melee weapon

Holy Arrows
Conjuration (Creation) [Good]
Components: V,
Casting Time: Standard action
Range:
Target:
Duration: Instananeuos
Spell Resistance: None
You create a bundle of 20 +1 arrows that deal and additional 1d6 damage against evil creatures. This arrows dissapear after being used.

Heavenly Leap
Transmutation
Components: DF
Casting Time: Swift action
You grant your mount a +20 sacred bonus to jump checks.

Sacred Vigour
Transmutation
Level: Paladin/Ranger 1
Components: V, DF
Casting Time: Full round action
Duration: 1 hour/level
You grant your mount a +4 sacred bonus on fortitude saving throws to resist becoming fatigued when running.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-29, 11:20 AM
Stormlance is nifty, as are the wings. However, with the wings, I'd specify the target as "Personal or Special Mount", so that your mount can fly too.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-29, 12:05 PM
Stormlance is nifty, as are the wings. However, with the wings, I'd specify the target as "Personal or Special Mount", so that your mount can fly too.

Did that for Wings of Fire. I didn't write that at first since I'd already created Pegasus Wings for that purpose. For Ember Wings I made a something I though was more thematically suited to a mount, Heavenly Leap. I didn't think that +20 to what will usually be a single jump check would be overpowered for a spell the Paladin gets at 6th level but I'm no authority on these things.

Eighth_Seraph
2007-03-29, 04:34 PM
This look really good; it's nice to see Paladin-specific spells for a change. One thing that I'd like to mention is that it seems you counted as each level in Paladin as half a caster level, was that on purpose?

Fax Celestis
2007-03-29, 04:52 PM
This look really good; it's nice to see Paladin-specific spells for a change. One thing that I'd like to mention is that it seems you counted as each level in Paladin as half a caster level, was that on purpose?

Through 3rd level, a paladin has no caster level. At 4th level and higher, her caster level is one-half her paladin level.

That's because it is.

alchemy.freak
2007-03-29, 09:15 PM
Just one thing, the wings of Pegasus thing exists already, in complete divine there is a spell that grants your mount wings and the ability to fly

everything else is good

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-30, 02:37 AM
Just one thing, the wings of Pegasus thing exists already, in complete divine there is a spell that grants your mount wings and the ability to fly

everything else is good

Oh well. I can't check a book I don't have.

knightsaline
2007-03-30, 02:42 AM
Holy arrows creating 20 +1 arrows instantly? you could just prepare this spell over and over, then sell the arrows. repeat until you have enough money to start your own church in your name.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-03-30, 04:00 AM
Holy arrows creating 20 +1 arrows instantly? you could just prepare this spell over and over, then sell the arrows. repeat until you have enough money to start your own church in your name.

And the second the "paladin" does that, the DM would be absolutely right to smite his ass with his Alignment Bitchslap ability.

knightsaline
2007-03-30, 04:07 AM
hey, as long as the paladin stays LG and pays lip service to the church he serves, he stays within his Code (unless he has VoP, then you lose all those shiny benefits). if you are playing eberron, then it doesn't even matter if you do this, as long as you stay LG. clerics can go against their church and still receive spells. besides, any DM that allows a spell that instantly creates 20 +1 arrows without XP is being unrealistic. the party sorc or wizard has to spend XP to create the same type of arrows.

Eighth_Seraph
2007-03-31, 12:04 PM
Just put in a clause that states that the arrows last for an hour per caster level or even a flat 24 hours. Any Paladin selling those is conning his client if he doesn't inform him of that small effect, stripping the Paladin of his powers.

Triaxx
2007-03-31, 03:36 PM
Hmmm... Sounds rather like it should be for enchanting a pre-existing bundle of arrows.

Eighth_Seraph
2007-03-31, 04:28 PM
Problem with doing that is you end up with +5 Holy Keen Axiomatic Distance arrows, going over the +10 effective bonus.