View Full Version : Does Mountain Rage stack with Wrathful Apotheosis?

Dhurkst
2014-12-21, 05:22 PM
So, I'm thinking of making a Goliath Barbarian/Thrall of Kostchtchie. Does the size increase from Mountain Rage stack with the size increase from Wrathful Apotheosis, thereby increasing my character's size category from Large to Huge while he rages? Thanks!

MilesTiden
2014-12-21, 06:00 PM
If the size increase applies at all times, no. Mountain Rage straight up sets your size to Large, it doesn't increase your size. If the size increase only applies while raging... maybe. I'll let the rest of the playground answer that, as I don't actually have the appropriate Dragon Magazine. :smalltongue:

Rebel7284
2014-12-21, 06:33 PM
RAW they don't stack. There is some conversation that it would be a reasonable houserule if mountain rage increased your size category instead of setting it. As is, it doesn't make sense that it can set a Stoneblessed tiny character to large or that it makes a Goliath with augmented expansion manifested suddenly smaller. However, houserules are houserules, check with the DM. :)

As you are using dragon magazine anyway, you can look at Half-Minotaur instead of Goliath. That template actually increases your size so that would stack.