PDA

View Full Version : Half-Golem & Different types.

Cyussu
2014-12-21, 10:23 PM
Since the Half-Golem template states "Common" and doesn't seem to explain further, does anybody know where I could find a list of metals capable for the template? I tried looking, but couldn't find much, if anything, about it.

Mainly because of 2 metals I'd like to use, but don't wanna break the game more so than what happens when applying the templates. Glowsteel(Celestial Mithril), and Bloodsteel(Tanar'ri Red Steel)

MilesTiden
2014-12-21, 10:43 PM
Anything outside the list of 'common' half-golems are unstatted, and thus homebrew. You would have to work with your DM to make them, not to mention the fact that the template has LA --, if I'm remembering correctly.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-12-21, 10:43 PM
They're not based on materials but on having grafted parts of extant golems. Mithril golems are in the epic handbook but there's no such thing as a bloodsteel golem, to the best of my knowledge.

Cyussu
2014-12-21, 10:55 PM
Ah, well. I was just asking from how I read it is all. Thanks.

DrMotives
2014-12-21, 10:55 PM
There's the blood golem of Hextor, which is a steel exoskeleton with a couple of big blood tanks on its shoulders.

Thy Dungeonman
2014-12-22, 12:07 AM
Now it's been a while since I saw them, but there were enough half golem templates to reasonably extrapolate the formulae they used to create them. I did that a long time ago to create a half-rope golem. She was a fun idea, but I never got to use her.

edited to add - Like the one guy said, it'd have to be homebrew. But it sounds like you have a fun idea, so unless ur GM is no fun, you should be able to cook something up with approval.

Cyussu
2014-12-22, 01:03 AM
Well, the DM of my campaign tends to allow flat out broken concepts, like a mutation from a deity that gave my character Pemanent Undispellable Haste that not only gives normal haste effects, but +10ft/Level and +2Dex/Level. So I don't think he'll be too strenuous about Half-Golem templates, just gotta survive 2 Will Saves, due to personal issue with symmetry, and I'm golden.