PDA

View Full Version : Help Naming a CRPG Character Class?

Amaril
2014-12-22, 01:21 AM
In a game I'm working on at the moment using RPG Maker, I'm a little stumped on a name for one of the character classes I'm using, and I could use some suggestions.

Characters in this game start with one of eight base classes, each of which can specialize into one of two advanced classes when they reach a certain level. One of the base classes, the Channeler, is kind of like the monk equivalent for the setting--they're sorcerers who direct their magic inward to improve their physical abilities and use super martial arts. The two advanced classes for Channelers each focus on one of the main skillsets of the base class, one on combat magic, the other on physical techniques. The former I'm calling a Battlemage, but I can't think of a good name for the latter. I'm leaning towards just something really generic like Champion, but that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

To avoid suggestions of names that I've already used, here's a list of the rest.

Base classes: Warrior, Thief, Ranger, Bard, Priest, Sorcerer, Channeler, Witch.

Advanced classes: Knight, Berserker, Assassin, Rogue, Marksman, Slayer, Minstrel, Skald, Paladin, Prophet, Evoker, Thaumaturge, Battlemage, Druid, Warlock.

GorinichSerpant
2014-12-22, 02:43 AM
Brawler, Martial Artist, monk, ascetic, wrestler, I don't know. Those are the first things that came to mind about this.

Grinner
2014-12-22, 02:58 AM
What's the setting like? Straightforward fantasy?

Edit: How about Exemplar?

JW86
2014-12-22, 06:15 AM
Adept?
Sublime Fist?

J-H
2014-12-22, 10:13 AM
How about calling them Augments?

Amaril
2014-12-22, 11:42 AM
Adept?
Sublime Fist?

I really like Adept, actually. Think I'll go with that. Thanks, guys :smallsmile: