PDA

View Full Version : Carrying Capacity/Max Load (feats)

Yogibear41
2014-12-22, 06:32 AM
Are there any feats that can increase your maximum load/carrying capacity, I have an up and coming e6 character that I would like to be able to wear incredibly heavy armor with, but I only have a strength of 14, and while using magic items to boost my strength is possible, I do not want to be suddenly stuck and unable to move should I be hit with a dispel magic ability.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-12-22, 06:37 AM
Are there any feats that can increase your maximum load/carrying capacity, I have an up and coming e6 character that I would like to be able to wear incredibly heavy armor with, but I only have a strength of 14, and while using magic items to boost my strength is possible, I do not want to be suddenly stuck and unable to move should I be hit with a dispel magic ability.

Dispel has to be targeted against your girdle of giant strength specifically. Just wear it under your armor or robes.

To answer your question; the natural heavyweight feat in the planar handbook doubles your carrying capacity.

Agent 451
2014-12-22, 01:53 PM
Not a feat, but the Framed Pack from Arms and Equipment Guide treats all objects put into it as weighing 10% less than normal, because of the packs superior weight distribution. Costs 50gp, the main downside is that anything you need to retrieve takes a full round action and provokes an AOO if in combat.

Edit: There is also the Lightweight armor add-on from Dragon 358. 200gp (light,med) or 500gp (heavy), armor weighs 20% less than normal without sacrificing AC.

Deadline
2014-12-22, 01:59 PM
Suggestions: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-257551.html

Yogibear41
2014-12-22, 10:16 PM
I think I have decided that I am just going to go for Mechanus plate with a +10 AC at 75 pounds instead of going for the ole' Thaalud Stones +12 AC at 180 pounds. 75 I can manage well enough. Instead of spending a feat just to add +2 to my AC.

Curmudgeon
2014-12-22, 11:17 PM
Dispel has to be targeted against your girdle of giant strength specifically. Just wear it under your armor or robes.
That's not going to help you, according to Dungeon Master's Guide (page 214):
MAGIC ITEMS ON THE BODY
Many magic items need to be donned by a character who wants to employ them or benefit from their abilities. It’s possible for a creature with a humanoid-shaped body to wear as many as twelve magic items at the same time. However, each of those items must be worn on (or over) a particular part of the body.
One belt around the waist (over a robe or suit of armor)

Whether you're talking belts (3.5) or girdles (previous editions), they're waist slot items (Magic Item Compendium, page 218). So if you wear your Belt of Giant Strength under your armor it simply won't function.

Magma Armor0
2014-12-22, 11:41 PM
That's not going to help you, according to Dungeon Master's Guide (page 214): Whether you're talking belts (3.5) or girdles (previous editions), they're waist slot items (Magic Item Compendium, page 218). So if you wear your Belt of Giant Strength under your armor it simply won't function.

I'm now envisioning the tactical implications of putting armor on your opponents to deactivate their magic belts.

Yogibear41
2014-12-23, 11:20 AM
That's not going to help you, according to Dungeon Master's Guide (page 214): Whether you're talking belts (3.5) or girdles (previous editions), they're waist slot items (Magic Item Compendium, page 218). So if you wear your Belt of Giant Strength under your armor it simply won't function.

Another one of those times the rules make no sense.

Curmudgeon
2014-12-23, 12:51 PM
Another one of those times the rules make no sense.
Oh, it makes perfect sense from a tactical perspective: needing a belt item to function gives your enemies an obvious target. How else can they justify a +50% markup for items in non-affiliated body slots?

Barbarian Horde
2014-12-24, 12:15 AM
Just take two or three levels of hulking hurler. Treat your heavy loads as medium, mediums as light. Gain the ability to throw anything. People, items, monsters, etc.