PDA

View Full Version : need help finding pokemon RPG

ejay8008
2014-12-22, 12:36 PM
I was wondering if someone could suggest a good pokemon rpg i am new to rpgs and need some help

Knaight
2014-12-22, 01:01 PM
There's nothing official. Fan works of note are Pokemon Tabletop Adventure and Pokemon Tabletop United. I'd recommend steering away from both of those, and instead going for something a bit more generic, with a built in power system. Mutants and Masterminds could work surprisingly well for Pokemon (it's a superhero system with powers, assumed unconsciousness instead of death as a result of conflicts, etc). If you like really rules heavy games, HERO would also work well. Then there are the lighter generics. Fudge and Savage Worlds are obvious contenders, with the second having a more combat and tactical focus.

Bluydee
2014-12-22, 01:03 PM
Pokemon Tabletop United is easy to learn and is a pokemon rpg.

Kid Jake
2014-12-22, 01:11 PM
I'd second Mutants and Masterminds. I ran a series of Pokemon games through it and thought it captured the feel pretty well.

the_david
2014-12-22, 04:10 PM
There's nothing official.Actually, there is. It's called Pokémon jr. adventure game, and it's off the market since WotC lost the Pokémon license. (After only producing the first set.)

Beyond that, I know of Pokéthulhu which is probably not what you're looking for but it's just funny.

How hard would it be to throw something together? Use something simple like Savage Worlds and modify the attributes into Hit Points, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed. Although Hit Points and 2 kinds of defense might be a bit too much.

ejay8008
2014-12-22, 04:48 PM
thanks a lot

Susano-wo
2014-12-22, 07:15 PM
Big Eyes, Small Mouth can be sketchy on balance and sometimes clarity, but there is a Pokemon type supplement (Cute and Fuzzy Cockfighting Seizure Monsters). Haven't played it, though do I don't know how good it is.

Wraith
2014-12-23, 04:11 AM
Monsters (And Other Childish Things) requires exactly one houserule ("Everyone can see your monster, even grow ups") and a good description of your setting, and then you're basically playing Pokemon RPG.