PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Healing help in high level campaign (no clerc)

Keldrin
2014-12-22, 05:22 PM
Our campaign is hitting the heights. We're 17th level. Our druid is the only single class character, and the only one with 9th level spells. We've got 7th level arcane, and a middling poor UMD user (good for wands). There is a DMNPC, a dread necromancer, so that can be a bit dodgy.

The druid has managed just fine with the healing so far , but lacks access to higher remedy spells like the better versions of Restoration, or Mass Heal, which really bugs me.

I've been searching for magic items to shore us up, we've had the Rod of Physical Restoration ( and its sibling the Orb), for a long time. We've made scrolls of Heal. And Death Ward will prevent level loss, but if we don't prepare, or get surprised , we're screwed.

I keep wishing Staffs would let you use spells not on your list.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Telok
2014-12-22, 05:36 PM
Arcane Disciple feat. It adds one of your dieties domain spells to your class list and you can cast each spell once a day if you have the required wisdom modifier. With just the feat you can get the healing domain spells on an arcane caster list and then use a staff.
You may also want to look at Domain Draughts in the Magic Item Compendium and Domain Staffs in the Complete Champion.

graeylin
2014-12-22, 06:18 PM
healing belts
vigor, get some eternal wands for everyone

Your mage could summon unicorns, I would think. Or other creatures capable of healing.

Urpriest
2014-12-22, 06:45 PM
Ghaele's can cast as 14th level Clerics, and can be called up with Planar Binding by your arcanist (if said arcanist has access to the spell anyway). Either have one around long-term if you're ok with that sort of thing, or call them up for emergencies when you need access to something higher in the Restoration line.

Keldrin
2014-12-22, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. We have most of the low level heal items, I'm not sure if we can swing planar binding ( currently we're in the Abyss), I had been looking at the summon monster line with disappointment, but perhaps ...

Keldrin
2014-12-22, 06:56 PM
Oh, and in a previous thread about staffs, domain staffs had been mentioned. Can Druids access cleric spells not on their list with those ?

Urpriest
2014-12-22, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. We have most of the low level heal items, I'm not sure if we can swing planar binding ( currently we're in the Abyss), I had been looking at the summon monster line with disappointment, but perhaps ...

Being in the Abyss should make it easier overall. I'm sure a Ghaele would be pleased to come help you kill some demons. Unless you're saying that it's hard to get to a city so your arcane character can learn Planar Binding, which I suppose is a relevant point when you lack Greater Plane Shift.