PDA

View Full Version : Would you run from the coconut oil?

ozymand1as
2007-03-29, 02:59 PM
Just wondering, would you run from a bath of coconut oil?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-03-29, 03:01 PM
No, but I would be compelled to take a shower.

Innis Cabal
2007-03-29, 03:03 PM
no....unless it was burning hot and i would then be compelled to burn

Maryring
2007-03-29, 03:26 PM
No. I would be compelled to yell at them for wasting perfectly good coconut oil. That stuff is good for cooking.

The Extinguisher
2007-03-29, 03:29 PM
Yes. I have to watch my health you know.

fwiffo
2007-03-29, 03:36 PM
You bet your boopie, I would. With my cholesterol level, that stuff is deadly. I mean, 90% saturated fat? And if I know those sneaky Azure City defenders, that is probably even hydrogenated. That is nothing to sneeze at.

Assassinfox
2007-03-29, 03:47 PM
Do you KNOW how that stuff SMELLS? :smalleek:

kerberos
2007-03-29, 03:47 PM
You bet your boopie, I would. With my cholesterol level, that stuff is deadly. I mean, 90% saturated fat? And if I know those sneaky Azure City defenders, that is probably even hydrogenated. That is nothing to sneeze at.
You can only hydrogenate unsatuated fat, of which I coconut oil contains little.

Cyborg Pirate
2007-03-29, 03:49 PM
Some people empty a bowl of white, somewhat thick liquid on me...?

Hell Yeah I'd Run!

Threeshades
2007-03-29, 04:01 PM
Some people empty a bowl of white, somewhat thick liquid on me...?

Hell Yeah I'd Run!

and if it doesnt smell like fish?

Teh_Jakester
2007-03-29, 04:04 PM
No, not especially. I'dd run from Hinjo's Wolf.

Threeshades
2007-03-29, 04:07 PM
No, not especially. I'dd run from Hinjo's Wolf.

quite so.

I also wouldnt run from coconut oil. But like Saithis Bladewing i would need to shower

happyturtle
2007-03-29, 04:12 PM
I'd run to get popcorn.

Hushdawg
2007-03-29, 04:15 PM
If I were a hobgoblin in an OOTS script I would.

Jeez... I think some folks need to watch the Monty Python Confuse-A-Cat sketch a few times.

Demented
2007-03-29, 04:52 PM
Of course not. I ate my wheaties this morning!

...Well, actually I didn't, but death by high cholesterol is one of my long-term goals.

Dectilon
2007-03-29, 04:56 PM
Seeing as how you but the question as whether or not I'd remove myself from a situation where I would be forced to bathe in cooking oil, then yes, yes I would.

If someone poured it over my head during a siege however I would get really scared for a second, and the go on charging. I'd probably stop to smell it in case it was gasoline or something similar. (Not that they would have gasoline during a time when sieges was neccesary, but still).

I wonder what was the problem of those hobs. Can't they close their mouths? And even if it did ooze through the skin, they were completely covered with it. Screwed either way : )

Cyborg Pirate
2007-03-29, 05:05 PM
and if it doesnt smell like fish?

The Last thing I'd do is stop and smell it :smalltongue:

Avicenex
2007-03-29, 05:55 PM
I would merely inquire as to where they got the coconuts.

The Extinguisher
2007-03-29, 05:59 PM
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate, Avicenex?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-03-29, 06:03 PM
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate, Avicenex?

No no, clearly they are carried by swallows.

myeerah
2007-03-29, 06:18 PM
Would I run if I were drenched in flammable fluid?

You bet your sweet bippy I would!

Cyborg Pirate
2007-03-29, 06:35 PM
No no, clearly they are carried by swallows.

African swallows? In Azure city?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-03-29, 06:38 PM
African swallows? In Azure city?

Well, they could have migrated...they probably carried the coconuts to Azure City on a line between them.

Of course, this is assuming coconuts are a foreign import. Coconuts are used quite a bit in southern asia, who's to say that Azure City doesn't have a similar climate on its hands?

NeonRonin
2007-03-29, 07:02 PM
Frankly, I would try to avoid ANYTHING being dumped on me from above, if only to avoid having to shower afterwards.

I happen to have a friend who would definitely avoid the coconut oil at all costs- due to the fact he is deathly allergic to coconuts. I'm not allergic myself- but I don't like the taste very much.

Demented
2007-03-29, 07:07 PM
Dropping peanut oil on the attackers, combined with a few unfortunate allergies, could make one heck of a morale penalty if they aren't particularly knowledgeable about what just happened.

Flubadubdub
2007-03-29, 07:08 PM
Of course not. I ate my wheaties this morning!

...Well, actually I didn't, but death by high cholesterol is one of my long-term goals.

Wouldn't that be technically the last thing you do?

Unless of course you wish your corpse to be made into some sort of undead; that of course would be acceptable. :smallsmile:

Tz-Auber
2007-03-29, 07:25 PM
Well there's a good news, bad news sort of thing:
Good news:
Coconut oil (virgin) is quite good for the skin and would generally be kinda soothing for various minor wounds, sore muscles, etc... plus the smoke and flash points are quite high, possibly giving a buffer for fire damage (flash point of 188C vs. Kerosene at 88C).

Google: "coconut oil skin" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=coconut+oil++skin&btnG=Search)
Google: "coconut oil fire" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=coconut+oil++fire&btnG=Search)

Bad news:
That much raw (I'm presuming it's virgin, although you can get steam deoderized oil which contains slightly less nutritional value due to heat processing) oil would be very pungent causing a bit a distraction, and mixed with a pile of nearby undead corpses might cause a sickly sweet sort of smell... ugh

Google: "coconut oil deodorized" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=coconut+oil++deodorized&btnG=Google+Search)

Angela Christine
2007-03-29, 10:49 PM
It would also make you slippery, make the wall slippery, make everything slippery. Since it would probably be thick at whatever temperature it is outside, it won't soak into the ground easily. It is like a Grease spell with a duration of several hours!

I'd run away, just on principal. If someone drops something really pointless on you, they are probably planning something nasty. Like that trap that sprayed BBQ sauce.

vbushido
2007-03-30, 01:23 AM
Would this be a bad time for someone to cast Wall of Flame?

-----
Any simple problem can be made insoluble if enough meetings are held to discuss it

Purple_cloack
2007-03-30, 02:41 AM
No. I HATE coc-oil.

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-30, 03:05 AM
I would return to whatever base I had, scrape it off my allies and find some way to weaponize it (perhaps putting it in the defender's water supply, a huge white blob on the surface'll probably unnerve them a bit).

Snake-Aes
2007-03-30, 08:51 AM
Dropping peanut oil on the attackers, combined with a few unfortunate allergies, could make one heck of a morale penalty if they aren't particularly knowledgeable about what just happened.
Transmutation/Necromancy: Cause Allergy

Deuce
2007-03-30, 12:59 PM
I'd most likely go with a brisk walk, for say 20 min. 3 or more times a week.

Haruki-kun
2007-03-30, 01:22 PM
It depends. Is coconut Oil scarier than Parsley or Nutmeg?

Hushdawg
2007-03-30, 02:51 PM
It depends. Is coconut Oil scarier than Parsley or Nutmeg?

Oh, heavens to Betsy! Yes it is!

It ranks up there with cardamom and anise

Mad Scientist
2007-03-30, 10:05 PM
I would run in case the next thing they drop off the wall is a bunch of flaming torches.

Glome
2007-03-30, 10:19 PM
Even if somehow getting soaked coconut oil could cause heart problems to people already at risk of developing heart disease, and I happened to actually be at risk, I still wouldn't run. After all, whatever damage it would do has already been done, especially since the oil isn't particularly flammable. It's not like there is some shower I can go run off to in the middle of a battlefield.

Of course it's the whole absurdity of the idea which makes it so funny.

Tolkien_Freak
2007-03-30, 10:21 PM
I REALLY hate coconut.

Shower-time.