PDA

View Full Version : (IC) Dragon Age Pathfinder

Toxic Mind
2014-12-22, 10:42 PM
Denerim. The crown jewel of Ferelden. A city of life, of sound, of endless light. But no longer were those lights the lights of a city of trade, but rather the fires of war. It had been a week since the Archdemon was slain. Even now the fires are barely being put out. But today is not a day to mourn the loss of life. For today, the King will deliver his speech, deliver his proclamation to his subjects. It was decided by Queen Anora that in respect of those lost, that a week of mourning would be observed before any celebration would be had.

All of you did your part in the Blight. For Yedis, it was from the Brecillian Forest, with the rest of your clan, coming to fight in Denerim's back alleys, your spells cutting down the fell servants of the Archdemon. For Dali, a dwarven templar, accompanying the remaining mages of the circle, warding your charges from darkspawn in the Market district, your lyrium given powers cutting down a Hurlock Mage. And for Saarebas and Jimbo, it was on the steps of the palace that your earned your honor, Saarebas driving his fists into the flesh of a massive ogre, while Jimbo rained bolts down on its head, finally felling the beast.

It was for these actions, and the actions of your brothers and sisters, that you have been invited to the palace in Denerim to hear the King's speech. It is a resounding hit among the nobles and the commoners and soldiers. Anora's parts are obvious, working with the preservation of the land and the power of Ferelden. But Alistar shines through in his glorifying of the bravery and courage of the common soldiers. He calls to all of you to remain strong, to help him restore Ferelden to what it once was.

And then it is done. There is a party, of course, but for you, the work is just beginning. No matter what the King says, Ferelden is in tatters. Infrastructure is shattered, supply lines cut, and the South of Ferelden still teems with Darkspawn. And one way or another, whether your Captain ordered it, your dreams willed it, or your employer paid you to, that's where you are headed. To the South, to the Wilds. Reports have come in of a powerful magic wielding Hurlock who had gathered together many Darkspawn. Scouts had returned from the area recently with the news, and the Ferelden Army deemed the threat worth investigating. But this is not a problem for a legion of troops, but a small squad, capable of moving quickly and hiding, of exercising judgement beyond the scope of orders. Hence, you.

Which leads you to the gates of Denerim, your gear assembled. The scout captain is waiting for you. "Welcome. I hear you are in charge of cleaning up the Darkspawn in the Wilds. I lost four men to that bastard. He's not stupid like most of the Darkspawn. He's cunning. And he can use magics. If you get a chance, kill him fast."

Vhaidara
2014-12-22, 11:00 PM
Dali grimaces.
I'm sorry for your loss. But your men didn't have our skills. But we'll be careful all the same.
He looks back at his companions.
Are you all ready to head out?

skypse
2014-12-22, 11:15 PM
Jimbo nodes the tip of his hood as if it was a hat. Hey there! You must be the welcoming comitee. Sorry to hear about your comrades. Please give us any information you have and think would be useful, like where exactly do you prefer the hole in his head?

Turns to Dali. I'm good.

Toxic Mind
2014-12-22, 11:29 PM
"Between the eyes, if you would." The man winces at his tone. "Sorry. Fresh wound. They hid among the trees. A fog came out of nowhere, and they were on us. It wasn't natural. That damned Mage summoned it, I'm sure!"

skypse
2014-12-22, 11:45 PM
To the man
Between the eyes it is then! Now tell me, how thick was the fog? Could you see inside of it? Were those creatures able to see you or know your location by any other means? Also, are there any trails left or is there anyone who can describe them?
To the rest of the party
Maybe I can trace them in the woods if I have something like an actual footprint or even a sketch of their feet so we can avoid a potential ambush.

Toxic Mind
2014-12-23, 12:20 AM
"I couldn't see anything. I only heard the screams. The only reason I'm here is that I was back with another of our scouts who had taken fever. I'm sorry I can't be more help."

skypse
2014-12-23, 11:01 AM
Can you at least show us where you found the bodies? Or did you just hear some screams and thought "hey those must be my men dying over there"

Toxic Mind
2014-12-23, 11:57 AM
"Boy..." The Captain says menacingly, and his hand moves towards his sword. A staying hand is placed on his shoulder by his lieutenant. The Captain breathes heavily, then with a stoic look on his face, remarks "I marked the ambush site on this map. Now, I have the buisness of my four dead soldiers to account to. If you'll excuse me." His tone makes it clear that the request was formality only. The Captain nods to his lieutenant, and the younger man hands you a map of the Wilds. The two walk briskly away, back into the city, leaving you alone at the gate.

ITEM GET: Map of the Wilds - Details a "safe" route to the Southern Wilds, and notes the ambush site of the four dead scouts.

skypse
2014-12-23, 12:14 PM
Turns to the rest of the group with a smile:

Ok I think we are set now!

Morbis Meh
2014-12-23, 01:37 PM
Yedis, lost in thought over the recent events, shuffles in behind the others with Winston at his heel. He pays no mind to the conversation going on for one is raging within his own mind.

No, no dwarf women don't have beards ALL the time but the Men have it MOST of the time? Wait how does one tell the bearded women from the non-bearded men... or are the bearded women really men and the non bearded men really women?!?!?! I must sit down and have a proper discussion with Dali on the subject, I wouldn't want to offend my future neighbors once I reclaim the holy land...

At the mention of 'Mage' Yedis snapped out of his internal monologue and blurted "For the last time, it was not me who ate the last biscuit! Those crumbs were planted on me as part of a Darkspawn conspiracy in order to cast aspersions on my character! ...Huh? Oh, right the ugh 'mission'... No need to worry good sir, your Savior has arrived in your moment of need and no foul dark spawn cantrips can withstand my DIVINE MIGHT! Speaking of biscuits, does anyone have a few to spare, oddly enough I am rather hungry."

Prehysterical
2014-12-23, 01:56 PM
Saarebas nods his head in response. "I am ready."

Vhaidara
2014-12-23, 02:03 PM
Dali nods.
Let's get going then, before the bastards have time to get away.

skypse
2014-12-23, 02:18 PM
Jimbo grabs his mule's bridles and starts walking towards the marked spot on the map.

To Yedis:Create something with your great magic and eat boy! It's a long way ahead.

As soon as the group is close to the forest:

We are getting closer. Be ready for anything. Keep your eyes open and walk carefully.

Take 10 for perception until we arive at the marked spot. Result 17. In case I need a survival check to follow the map, take 10 on that as well. Result 17 again.

Toxic Mind
2014-12-24, 02:35 AM
The journey across Ferelden is not perilous, though it is far from enjoyable. Most of the people were still still scared, and banditry was common as desperate people resorted to desperate measures. No one is stupid enough or desperate enough to attack a Templar, a Mage, and a Quanari. (I guess Jimbo was suitably intimidating as well.)

You reach the Southern Wilds in quick time, following the road, and steering well clear of the Brecillian Forest. After all, everyone said the werewolves were gone, but there was no sense in taking chances. The first introduction you have to the Southern Wilds is the screaming, Picking up the pace, you come around a bend to find a group of travelers, most look to be farmers or craftsman, desperately trying to hold off a beast that looks more out of nightmares than any nature.

A bearskarn, massive on size and clearly long driven mad by the Darkspawn infestation. Now the beast threatened anything that wandered into its territory, which right now was the group you look down on. Even as you watch, the bearskarn slips past the pitchfork of a man and fells him in one swipe of a massive paw. The angle of the man's neck make it clear even from this distance that the man was dead. Only four men remained between the bearskarn and the women and children, and they couldn't hold out long.

The terrain is flat enough, a few short hills and few rocks to impede your progress, none in between the bearskarn and you. Not that it seems to care, having decided to focus on the farmers rather than your party. You are about 100ft away, and while the wagons of the farmers have been set up to shield the women and children, they would present little obstacle to the bearskarn once the men were dispatched.

You have a choice to make. You can slip by easily enough. But without your aid, the group will certainly perish.

Toxic Mind
2014-12-28, 12:46 PM
The bearskarn roars, a hideous sounds that bears only a passing resemblance to the roar of a true bear. Its attention almost entirely on the farmers, it seems to be ignoring the party, at least for now. Two swipes of its massive paws and one of the farmers goes down, blood spraying. He does not rise again. With one savage motion, the bear bites down on the farmer's neck, and tears it out. The amount of blood and savagery makes it clear that the man is dead.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

The farmers rally, and strike at the bear with pitchforks and small axes, but none of their strikes can seem to land a decent hit on the bearskarn's hide.

[roll4]|[roll5]
[roll6]|[roll7]
[roll8]|[roll9]
[roll10]|[roll11]

Prehysterical
2014-12-28, 01:34 PM
The sight of the farmer's blood spraying over the beast's hide is enough to spur Saarebas into action. He moves to help as fast as he can, fingers clenching in preparation.
Going to go ahead and take a swift action to prepare Snapping Turtle Style.

Vhaidara
2014-12-28, 05:35 PM
Seeing his comrade rush towards the fray, Dali bolts forward, proving the old adage that dwarves are natural sprinters.
Get back you men. Let us handle this!

Run action to get to where I am, letting me move 80. I'm able to move around the threatened area to avoid provoking. m3 and m4 get +1 to AC and Will.

skypse
2014-12-28, 07:55 PM
Jimbo says to himself silently.
That dorf is gonna get his ass kicked if continues to be that reckless. I better distract that monster.

I guess I just do whatever I wrote in the OOC post with the only difference that I move 20ft and draw my crossbow as part of the move action before using the grit point and missing (with that lousy attack roll) the attack on vitals.

Morbis Meh
2015-01-14, 04:02 PM
Yedis raises his hand and shouts with a wild look in his eyes "Infidel! That bear has been sent by the Darkspawn to bring harm to my flock! I shall destroy it and save those harmless beings!" The bald man begins chanting in grunts and causes a mote of light to launch out of his hand into the bear.

Fire a magic missile at the bear enhancing it toppling spell
damage [roll0] +1 from spell and +1 from trait
CMB to trip [roll1] this is very unlikely but who knows right?

Toxic Mind
2015-01-14, 04:18 PM
Welcome back Morbis, and let's keep going.

The bolts impact the bearskarn, and it roars at the pain, though it's stout form weathers the force without incident. Enraged, the bear lashes out at the nearest farmer, claws slicing.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

The farmers shout at you. "Our families are back here! Hurry!" Yet none of them make a move to run. Bravery or stupidity, they are in it for the fight.

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

The farmer the bearskarn has targeted goes down, but his sickle fouls the bear's bite. He is out of the fight, but you can see his breathing. His wounds are hideous, but he may yet survive them. The other two farmers make strikes, the first one failing to piece the beast, but the second finding its mark. The sickle sticks in among the bearskarn's spiny hide, and the beast roars in pain.

Prehysterical
2015-01-14, 04:29 PM
Cursing his own slowness, Saarebas finally closes with the foul beast.

He surges forward, aiming a solid blow at the beast's side.
Charging, +2 attack, -2 AC (12)
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Vhaidara
2015-01-14, 04:42 PM
Dali steps into range and lashes out and the beast with his shield, preparing to block if the beast retaliates.
By the Stone, get out of the way you fools! Let us handle this beast!

5ft step up into range
Initiate Angering Smash (if this hits, the enemy takes a -4 to hit anything but me until my next turn)
Crit Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] (extra d6 is from Snapping Turtle Stance)
Crit damage: [roll3]

Until next turn: If I would be hit, initiate Iron Shell (make a shield bash against the attack roll to block, my roll gets my shield bonus)
Shield bash attack roll: [roll4]

skypse
2015-01-17, 01:30 PM
Jimbo:

C'mon baby... Don't let me down this time!

Move action to reload, standard action to attack on the bear's vital spots using grit point once more.

Attack +6 -5 from called shot against touch AC
Damage [roll1]
Confirm [roll]1d20 +1
Damage [roll2]

Morbis Meh
2015-01-30, 12:47 PM
Yedis mutters incoherently and lifts up his robes as he stomps closer to the beast, he really wanted to save those people but he had to consider the larger picture and he only had so much energy in a day to allot to random beasties.

Toxic Mind
2015-02-03, 10:09 PM
Though fierce, the party cannot penetrate the hide of the bearskarn. However, they do succeed in drawing its attention, a move that may not be the most wise. The bearskarn turns, enraged, on Saarebas, the closest, and lashes out, attempting to grab the Qunari with his massive paws.
Claws: [roll0]
[roll1]
If Hit: Grapple Attempt: [roll2] vs CMD
Bite: [roll3]
[roll4]
The farmer drags his unconscious friend back behind the wagons, and takes up position there, preparing to defend his family if the party should fall.

Vhaidara
2015-02-03, 10:20 PM
Dali snarls as the bear mauls his friend.
Oi, I'm over here, you daft beast!
He swings his axe low at the creature's ankles

Initiate Snapping Strike (+1d6 damage)
Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]+[roll3]
Crit Damage: [roll4]

If I'm attacked, Iron Shell to counter
[roll5]

Prehysterical
2015-02-04, 09:53 AM
The beast latches onto Saarebas with its claw and bites deeply into the Qunari's shoulder. All Saarebas can hope to do is escape its deadly embrace.
[roll0]

skypse
2015-02-04, 10:51 AM
Oh my God this is getting pretty ridiculous! And now I don't even have a clearshot. God damn bear!

Move action to reload, Move action to get closer

Morbis Meh
2015-02-05, 12:52 PM
Yedis sighs and shoots another magic missile at the damn bear, not wishing to hit his stalwart guardian. The orbs forms and lances towards the deranged bear, hoping to knock the damn thing off of it's feat.

When the dice roller hates you avoid rolling! Adding toppling spell for tripping
damage [roll0]
CMB for trip [roll1] ...may the dice gods be gracious for once

Thank you dear dice gods I shall sacrifice one copy of 5th edition and 4th edition in your honour.

Toxic Mind
2015-02-05, 09:30 PM
The bearskarn takes the hit in it's hind leg, and the blast knocks it akimbo. It falls heavily to the floor, and Saarebas, once encased in the bear's deadly paws, is thrown backwards, landing 10 ft away. The bear angrily stands (provoke AoO from all but Saarebas) and swipes at Dali. The warrior swings back to counter, but the bear manages to duck the blow.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Vhaidara
2015-02-05, 09:48 PM
Scowling, Dali falls back into a defensive stance, reviewing how the beast had foiled his assaults in his mind.

AoO
Damage: [roll2]

Full Round Action Defensive Focus and recover my 3 spent maneuvers. I get 3 more AoO, a 5ft increase in reach, can move within my reach to take the AoO, and get my Int to CMD to prevent acrobatics

Prehysterical
2015-02-06, 04:33 PM
Even a giant such as Saarebas cannot stand against the strength of a bereskarn. After getting tossed backwards, Saarebas lands on his back and the full pain of his wounds catches up with him.

Struggle is an illusion. There is victory in the Qun.

Determined to help, Saarebas stands up and readies another charge at the beast.

skypse
2015-02-06, 07:08 PM
Sh1t! The big boy fell down. This is gonna be harder than I thought. At least that mage has proven useful so far.

Critical Confirm: [roll2]
Damage: x2

P.S. If this fail again may I start taking 10 on my attack rolls please? :D

Morbis Meh
2015-02-07, 12:04 AM
Yedis watched the rampaging of the bear tear through his disciples and it angered him. With the snap of his fingers a small ball of acid formed in his hand, amplified by the flask in his bag, and with 'careful' aim he tossed it at the obviously angered creature.

this probably won't hit but meh may as well try, not going to waste anymore MM on this
ranged touch attack (at -4 penalty) [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Toxic Mind
2015-02-11, 11:41 PM
The bearskarn goes mad with rage, tearing at everything near. It swipes out blindly with its claws, blinded by blood in its eyes and the acid eating away its face. Whether those swipes hit anything seems less important to the beast than simply the fact that it was doing something to swat the gnats around it. The first swipe smashes through the side of one of the wagons, reducing it to splinters. The second flies over Dali's head, barely missing taking it off.

The bearskarn roars, a sound that was almost deafening, and could likely be heard for miles. As the blood finally clears from its eyes, it focuses in on Dali. Whatever respite you had is over, and that bearskarn looks decidedly pissed off.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Vhaidara
2015-02-12, 12:24 AM
Dali swears as he is struck by the bearskarn.
Yeah, come and get me you overgrown nug!
He strikes again at the monster.

Angering Smash again.
Crit: [roll3]
If I hit it and deal damage, I apply my Mark of the Stone (Armiger's Mark). I've actually just been forgetting to mention this, but it takes -4 to hit against not me. This does stack with Angering Smash

Iron Shell to Counter (which I recently discovered can be declared after I see the enemy's attack roll) if it rolls at least a 13 (I actually can't see the bonus it has as I write this because of the way roll code works)
[roll4]

Morbis Meh
2015-02-12, 12:42 PM
Yedis, despite the horrific and violent situation before him, had a sudden urge to make and consume a treat his dear old mother used to make: popped corn. A sigh of longing escapes his lips but quickly subsides once the stench of burnt hair and bear flesh wafts towards him thus nearly succeeds in making him gag. Coming back to reality he mumbles a few basic words of power and forms another ball of acid in his hand before gingerly chucking it in the general direction of the bear.

Acid Splash AHOY!
ranged touch at -4 penalty [roll0]
damage [roll1]

muahaha death by a thousand cuts!

skypse
2015-02-12, 03:23 PM
Phiew... Thank the maker I am not close to that thing!

Jimbo yells at the travelers
Get away from the bear you fools!

Move Action Reload
Standard Action Attack Point-Black Shot
Attack roll: [roll0]
Confirm roll: [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]
Critical x2

Come on Gods of Rolls!!!!!!!!!

Prehysterical
2015-02-12, 05:51 PM
Seeing Dali attract the bear's attention, Saarebas sees his chance. Swinging around to the other side of the bereskarn, the Qunari aims a punch at the beast's back.
Charge, +2 attack, -2 AC
CD: [roll3]

Toxic Mind
2015-02-19, 07:41 PM
The Bereskarn seems to finally realize the nature of its predicament, wounds covering its body. Unlike the normal darkspawn, the bereskarn wants to survive even still, and so it roars and runs off towards the woods to the west, away from the caravan. It swipes at Saarebas, more to move the offender aside than in an attempt to kill him.

Attack: Saarebas
[roll0]
[roll1]

Move: 40ft West (Provokes AoO as Normal)

Prehysterical
2015-02-19, 08:09 PM
Mistaking the creature's retreat as another assault, Saarebas lashes out as it tries to pass.
CD: [roll3]

Vhaidara
2015-02-19, 08:46 PM
Dali swings his axe at the fleeing creature.
That's right you giant rat! Flee!

Crit Confirm: [roll1]

If the bearskarn is still standing after it moves away, Dali runs after it, loosening his shield. He hurls the great steel bulwark at the fleeing bear, boomeranging it off the monster's retreating backside and back to his arm.

Move 20ft after the bearskarn. Initiate Throwing Shell.
Attack: [roll4]
Crit Confirm: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] (1d6+3 from shield, +1d6 from Snapping Turtle Stance, +1d6 from Throwing Shell)
Crit Damage: [roll7]
Free Action: Catch my shield

skypse
2015-02-23, 08:56 PM
As Jimbo sees the beast running away he turns his attention to the men that were attacked by it. He closes up to them and says:

Hey is everyone ok here? It's ok, the beast isn't coming back any time now. Let me check the wounded please! I might be able to help!

Heal check to the farmer that was struck down by the bear
[roll0]

Morbis Meh
2015-02-25, 05:58 PM
Yedis shouts "AND TAKE THIS YOU FOUL CREATURE OF THE ABYSS, HOW DARE YOU MAIM MY ENTOURAGE! THEY ARE UGLY ENOUGH AS IS AND YOU MADE THEM WORSE!" Another small ball of acid forms and is flung towards the fleeing bear.

ranged touch [roll0] it being running away so I am taking the -4 penalty off this time XD
damage [roll1]

Toxic Mind
2015-03-02, 10:38 PM
Despite the fervor of its conjuror, the acid orb falls short of the fleeing bereskarn, who charges off into the forest, cracking aside trees as it goes. Given the severity of the wounds, it seems that the creature is not long for this world, yet you have been fooled before, particularly by the longevity of Darkspawn.

With the massive creature's departure, a lull falls across the clearing. The farmers cautiously make their way from the wagons to assess the damage. One wagon is clearly beyond saving, and the men still hale set about transferring its contents to the other two wagons. Meanwhile the wives set to work tending the wounded farmer, and performing rites for the dead. One of the farmers, the one who ordered the rest back, approaches you. "Maker be praised you arrived when you did strangers. That creature would've torn us apart. We thought it was a regular bear until it was too late. We will never be able to repay you for this kindness; we owe you our very lives." The man is clearly worn by his chosen occupation, though strong enough to hold his own in mind and body. "Please, if there is anything we can do to repay you, tell us. We don't have much, but what we do have is yours."

1200 split between you all

Vhaidara
2015-03-02, 11:27 PM
Dali take a moment to resecure his shield before stowing his axe in his belt.
Just doing our duty, civilian. I would offer to help if any of your fellows need healing, but the closest thing we have to a healer is the mage, and I wouldn't trust him with someone who's life was in danger.

Toxic Mind
2015-03-03, 11:30 AM
Jimbo, bent over the wounded farmer, manages to stabilize the man, though the other farmer is beyond his help, his soul already gone to the Maker.

skypse
2015-03-03, 12:02 PM
Jimbo says in a low voice while bending over the dead farmer.
May his God rest this poor man's soul.
Then he turns to the others:
Hey is there enough room to take this man with you? He deserves a proper funeral!

Prehysterical
2015-03-03, 02:34 PM
Saarebas clutches his wounded arm and grits his teeth against the searing pain left behind by the beast's claws.

"There would be no point in that, Jimbo. He is gone, and only the shell remains. These farmers should not have to abandon supplies for the sake of a corpse. We can consign his remains to the flame, so that at least he departs with some dignity. Taking the body along with them, however, would only attract all manner of vermin and illness."

Toxic Mind
2015-03-03, 03:07 PM
"His family would not want to see him this way. We will bring the ashes to Denerim to give to his wife."

Vhaidara
2015-03-03, 03:15 PM
Dali shakes his head, but he turns back towards the mage of the group.
You had better get back onto the road then. As must we.
By the Stone, I hope I don't die here. Burning bodies? That's just messed up.

Prehysterical
2015-03-03, 03:21 PM
Saarebas bows before the farmers. "Panahedan." He turns to follow Dali back up the hill.

skypse
2015-03-03, 07:15 PM
Well, I suppose you would know better. Good luck for the rest of your journey.
He turns to Saarebas:
Hey big guy! Do you want me to take a look at your wound? You seem like someone who can handle pain, but this looks pretty nasty.

[roll0]

Prehysterical
2015-03-03, 08:05 PM
Once they reach the top of the hill, Saarebas sits and lets Jimbo try to treat his wounds. Since he lacks proper supplies, however, Jimbo is able to do little with the alcohol, mud, and leaves that he has on hand.

An hour later, Saarebas's wounds are still stinging. However, the giant nods his horned head at Jimbo. "I thank you for your assistance. Now, we must move on."

Morbis Meh
2015-03-05, 01:44 PM
Yedis stands shouting obscenities after the fleeing bearskarn in both common and elven tongue getting so heated that he tripped over his robes and fell flat on his face. Taking a moment to compose himself he stands up calmly and dusts off his robes before looking to the people he just helped "There is no need to worry fair people, for I your Messiah always has a watchful eye on my flock, for it is my destiny to save all granted by The Creators themselves. Your comrade, though tragically fallen, has returned to the loving embrace of the Gods and knows only bliss. Be safe my dear folks for my loyal bodyguards and I have more pressing concerns to attend to at this moment. Pray tell if you have seen or heard of a band of filthy darkspawn in the area?"

Toxic Mind
2015-03-05, 02:19 PM
"Riiiight..." The farmer says to the faux-sermon. His expression states his scepticism clearly. "No Darkspawn except that monstrosity, but you might be able to track it back to its masters?"

skypse
2015-03-05, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure this would be a good idea. We are on a mission ourselves so we should continue our way. C'mon Messiah, we have long road ahead of us.

Vhaidara
2015-03-05, 10:35 PM
Dali nods.
Indeed, darkspawn with a wounded bearskarn are less of a threat than darkspawn led by a mage. Perhaps on our return we can search the nearby area for this band, but the Darkspawn in the Wilds must come first.

Toxic Mind
2015-03-10, 02:35 PM
Your journey to the Wilds is much less exciting once you leave the farmers behind. It is slow going, as Saarebas must stop regularly, though it seems like each time, he is at the edge of endurance from trying to continue on through sheer willpower. Still, his wounds do seem to be improving, albeit slowly.

As for the rest of you, the land around you seems devoid of life. This area was hit hardest by the Blight, and even now that most of the Darkspawn have retreated, or broken into leaderless packs, the South of Ferelden is still lifeless. Abandoned farmhouses and homesteads, fields grown over with weeds, their crops trampled flat and dead. The darkspawn are not known for mercy or kindness.

The first night after leaving the farmers, you take shelter in an abandoned barn. The home was close by, but the smell inside was too horrible to stay within. The family living there had apparently ignored the warnings, or never gotten them. What had been done was beyond cruelty, and even the most battle-hardened of you could barely stomach it long enough to leave. The darkspawn are not known for mercy or kindness.

You reach the outskirts of the Wilds early in the next day. All intelligence reports indicate that the Darkspawn pack, and the missing patrol, lies within. Traveling through the Wilds is slow. No well-travelled roads to guide you, and little more than animal trails at that. Still, with the help of the map from the Scout Captain, you are able to thread your way through the brackish lands to the ambush site. Careful scanning of the area reveals no Darkspawn, and you are able to approach within the same tree cover likely used by the Darkspawn party to
ambush the scouts.

You are overlooking a clearing. In the center, just as the Captain said, are the bodies of four Ferelden army scouts, badly mutilated. Without getting closer, it is hard to say exactly what killed them, but such information could give you an idea of the nature of the Darkspawn you are dealing with. As the Darkspawn no longer seem to be hanging around, the choice of how to find and approach them is up to you.

Vhaidara
2015-03-10, 02:54 PM
Dali draws his axe as he begins looking for tracks.
Keep yourselves at the ready. There's already been one ambush here. Let's not risk feeding them a second so easily.

I forget if there's a Perception check involved for tracking, so I'll toss both out
Perception: [roll0]
Survival: If possible, take 10 for 16, if not: [roll1]

Prehysterical
2015-03-10, 03:59 PM
The question of the scouts must be solved. Saarebas creeps forward slowly, eyes and ears open for any trouble.
Perception: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]

skypse
2015-03-10, 06:47 PM
Jimbo turns to Saarebas: Take it easy big guy! We wouldn't like it if you got more injured than you already are. As a matter of fact, take this please. He hands over a small vial filled with a colored liquid. It is magical and it is used to treat wounds and recover the ill. It may help you until we are able to reach proper help in the town.
He then moves forward slowly and carefully, his senses on edge, trying to see or hear anything alarming while looking around for tracks. When he goes near the bodies he examines their wounds trying to figure out what attacked the fallen soldiers.
Cast See invisibility (CL 2) as a SLA
Perception take 10 for 17. If not, [roll0]
Survival for tracks take 10 for 17. If not, [roll1]
Heal take 10 for 17. If not, [roll2]
Survival for the wounds take 10 for 17. If not, [roll3]

Morbis Meh
2015-03-11, 02:43 PM
Yedis stomps through the brunch, breathing heavily as his robes catch on EVERYTHING, it is quite obvious that he is not used to any type of real physical exertion. At the sight of the ambush, the poser elf flops down on the ground with his ever present companion staying by his side. He looks at the others and wearily smiles "My dear disciples, I may be divine but I am not well known to the ways of stealth so I think it is best that I remain here and offer support whilst dear Winston here watches over me."