PDA

View Full Version : Regarding True polymorph

AbyssStalker
2014-12-23, 12:49 AM
What would happen if you used true polymorph to turn something into say, an ochre jelly, and the ooze was then cut in twain.

Then you have two oozes, so what I am saying here is...

What would happen if the true polymorph wasn't permanent and the ooze was split, would the two new oozes be regarded as completely different creatures (Although I am not sure how that would work, they are still technically the same ooze as before) or would they each turn into whatever their old form was?

(Honestly, it's more of a hypothetical joke than anything, I'm a bard and I want to start a kick-ass band, and yet the rest of my party are musically challenged, so who else to rock with but myself?)

Would I control either of these copies if they did revert back to my old form, would I control either of them in the first place? I guess it would also be quite entertaining if I controlled neither and they both reverted back into me. Of course I would have ceased to exist, but I imagine a wacky doppleganger plotline could be had in this.

GutterFace
2014-12-23, 07:50 AM
mind = blown

a good DM would allow this and see what would happen and correct nonsense along the way. they would probably say when you revert back to your original form the other ooze that was created would attack you. obviously with advantage.

a mean DM would have you revert back in two separate pieces. allowing a Necromancer to play with your dead bits.

a crazy DM would have you revert back into 2 halflings (twons obviously)

Dalebert
2014-12-23, 10:31 AM
a crazy fun DM would have you revert back into 2 halflings (twons obviously)

FTFY :smallsmile:

AbyssStalker
2014-12-23, 11:01 AM
In any circumstance I think it wise to keep a Clone ready in case you die while True-morphed

I'm quite sure Clone would safeguard against any unforeseen repercussions of the True-morph by giving you your body back in case of death.

Oh and are you still technically alive as an object? Is your soul bound to the object anyway? Can I become like Raziel from Soul Reaver and end up wielding a blade that is actually myself by using true morph into object with a split ochre morph?

Love the spell but alas is vague in many venues of execution and consequence explanation, although I do kind of like it that way, it makes it to where you can improvise and use creativity.

I can't wait until I get the Monster's Manual to see more possible morph hi-jinx, i'm new to Dnd (just entered on this edition, but have wanted to play for years) and am trying to figure out particular spell mechanics.

P.S. I only have the players handbook should I get the DM guide or the bestiary next?

GutterFace
2014-12-23, 11:05 AM
And herein lies the best part of D&D, using your imagination to overcome an obstacle.