PDA

View Full Version : The Dread Pirates I seriously where did I leave that Sextant?

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-23, 05:32 PM
Session 1:
The Meeting
The sun rises from the east over the City of Splendor. as the alabaster buildings start to alight from the suns rays, you all awake from your slumber. you all awake in separate corners of the city. Some of you may know each other or not, as your past is your own. One thing you all feel however is the call of the sea, but as your dream of what may be, a sudden explosion come forth from the second largest building in Waterdeep. The Dagger-Shard Guild Hall, seems to be sporting black smoke now as well as if you are close enough a new hole in the wall.

Something seems to be going wrong even by Dagger-Shard standards, it is up each of you to decide to either investigate or leave it be for the time being.

Irish Musician
2014-12-23, 06:54 PM
Muirín Tyrnea'sha (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=70519), Half-Elf Druid
Muirín's eyes shoot open and he looks around, wondering what happened last night. A serving wench cuddled up next to him, a bottle of rum still in one hand, both of them passed out in a booth in the Inn's pub. Muirín rises, trying his best not to wake his newly found friend, and takes a swig from his rum bottle. He slips out of the Inn real quick, rum still in hand, and greets the morning with a little disdain...stretching and scratching his chin. There wasn't really any hair there, thanks to his elven heritage, so he didn't need to shave but once a month. Muirín started walking down the street, heading to the docks, and a large explosion erupted from the Dagger-Shard Guild Hall. Muirín's eyes opened wide and he immediately started that way, large billows of black smoke coming from the building, curiosity getting the better of him. "I wonder what in the nine hells is going on over there," taking a large swig from his rum bottle, "might as well take a look before finding a ship."

Thrasymedes
2014-12-24, 05:23 AM
Saedeor stretched as he woke up and looked around him. He had spent nearly a week now trying to find a good supplier of timber and sailcloth for Captain Roberts and he thought the last one he talked to might work. Just as he decided he should should go get something to eat for himself and his friend, "Duncatte", he heard a boom which seemed to come from the direction of the guild building.

I hope The Captain didn't get impatient. It would be just like her to decide to plunder the town rather than waiting. Well, let's go see, come on Dun.

He quickly grabbed the mule from the stable and mounted Dun before heading towards the guildhalls. He spared a few quick detours to check on a couple banks en route to see if whoever it was liked diversions as much as Roberts did.

Xhosant
2014-12-24, 07:17 PM
How in the world will I find a ship to sail on?

Fandus had already been turned away from 3 ships. One had no room for passengers sufficient for him to work on his maps, one would take no stops under any circumstances, and once he'd been refused to ride on racial prejudice. Apparently, a Tiefling's ill ancestry was bad luck aboard.

Damn prejudiced buffoons, had they had a clue of their own bloodline, they'd not worry about a pact-tainted passenger.

That last bit passed through his mind, but too swiftly and slipperily for him to hold recollection of it. That's been happening a lot, recently.

Running out of options, he was starting to seriously consider sneaking aboard, when a large explosion not far from his position shook the ground.

What was that, is it here?

Spurred by the curiosity, he rushed towards the explosion.

Fandus everyone, lots of thought, enough madness, little speech! If the madness grows annoying, let me know!

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-26, 02:17 PM
Fandus ran threw the back alleys and streets of Waterdeep getting closer to the Guild hall. While Saedeor slowly makes his way, just to make sure he did not miss out on a plan for robbery. Both where further way then Muirin as he is the first on scene, as he watches the madness and chaos of the area, he sees fire balls being launched out of the guildhall. as the continue without resistance towards the sky.

Get back here you Bandit, You are going to pay for that little dagger trick.

When Fandus and Saedeor, finally arrive you all surround the Guildhall. Muirin the closest to the hole in the building While Fandus is near the back of the guildhall, and Saedeor is near the entrance. Saedeor notices a familiar face, standout by the door. Your fellow crew member Tigra is by the door. she is shaking her head, as she rubs her eyes. She is not sad or upset rather frustrated. Fandus can see the smoke coming from, his right side, but he can hear crashing and banging coming from the guildhall building.

Xhosant
2014-12-26, 02:28 PM
The situation's weirdness rising, Fandus can't hold his curiosity back.

Carefully, he moves at first sideways to the hole, to see if anything reveals itself inside, and barring something that would reasonably make him not do it, he walks in through it. Carefully.

Thrasymedes
2014-12-26, 03:23 PM
Saedeor arrived at the guildhall building and frowned as he saw fireballs flying from the interior.

Tigra, is the captain still inside that edifice and is he reprehensible for the fireballs? Either way, do you know what the heck happened here? And please tell me that wasn't the last of our gunpowder that just renovated the floor plan?

As he asked, he drew two weapons and dropped the lead rope of the mule. He really hoped his ship wasn't too involved but figured he was probably going to need to go inside soon and so took a moment to glance at the entrance and whether there were any second story windows.

[roll0]

Irish Musician
2014-12-27, 12:41 PM
Muirín Tyrnea'sha (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=70519), Half-Elf Druid
Muirín is quite surprised as to the developments at the hall, and decides to take a closer look. Calling upon his druidic powers, Muirín morphs into a hound and slips into the hole of the building. He looks just like a random hound from the streets, and starts sniffing around the entrance hole on the side of the building and takes a look around, making sure to not go too far into the building itself.

Perception check to look around [roll0]
Advantage on smell or hearing, looking for smells or sounds out of the ordinary from a fire [roll1]

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-28, 12:58 AM
As Muirin sniffs the air, even through the smoke he can smell the tinge of Steel and sweat, coming closer. Was this a common smell for the Guild hall? No this was one was know to be closer to Guardmen. As you look you see a Teifling sneak into the Guildhall, was he thief, or the one who caused this mess.

Fundus also notices a dog start to sniff around the hole as well, brave animal, but otherwise not out of the ordinary. As you look through the smoke you see, a humanoid figure start to move closer to you.

Hello Saedeor. No The Captain is still asleep, I swear you could caste a Thunderwave spell right next to her, and she still won't wake up. I feel bad for the two who are fighting if they actually happen to awaken our Captain.

Thrasymedes
2014-12-28, 08:56 AM
That figures. Do you know what started the fight or why they are fighting? I am hoping not to be blamed for this destruction.

As he asked, Saedeor sheathed his scimitar and checked the door before carefully opened it as quietly as he could. It took a little work to get his mount in the right position to reach the handle comfortably but he managed it quickly enough. After that, he peered inside to see if he could see any threats.

1d20+6
1d20+8
1d20+5

I think that should be all of them.

Xhosant
2015-01-01, 03:57 PM
Curious, Fundus calls out to the figure. For better or worse, he reaches for his staff, but in a nonthreatening, 'just getting my walking stick' manner.

Irish Musician
2015-01-03, 01:54 PM
Muirín sniffs the air in his canine form, and notices a Tiefling standing to his side. He slowly walks towards him, acting as though he is cautiously trying to smell the Tiefling. He comes nearer, then backs of, all the while sniffing at the Tiefling, and coming a little closer each time he backs off. Finally making it within range to actually sniff the Tiefling's clothes.

Xhosant
2015-01-03, 10:46 PM
Not taking his eyes off the figure, Fandus lowered and petted the dog. Strange critter, most acted restlessly around him, as they do around many tieflings. Especially him, recently.

Irish Musician
2015-01-04, 09:41 AM
Muirín accepts the Tiefling's petting and even gives him a lick on the hand. He then looks to the side to see what it is the Tiefling is looking at.

Perception [roll0]

cavalieredraghi
2015-01-05, 05:09 PM
Saedor sees a man in black and red robes shooting fireballs? Firebolts? magical flaming balls out of his hand out towards where the hole is in the building. He seems to have a couple daggers sticking out of his back as if he was attacked from behind. He does not seem like a threat to you, but he is certainly not in an agreeable mood. As he seems to hear something and launches an Eldritch blast into the smoke.

As Fandus calls out to the silhouette of a man, a dagger comes flying past his face, when you hear the words.

You are not going to get me Dimtri! I will get my revenge.

you then see the figure disapear as an Eldritch blast hits the ground just a little short of the dogs feet missing him thankfully.

Xhosant
2015-01-05, 05:26 PM
"Wait! Who's Dimtri?" calls out Fandus, unfazed by the attack. In part because it took no time to link a simple pair of dots: the man had nothing against him, only against who he thought Fandus was. In part because you couldn't shake a loose mystery in front of him then take it away without reaction.

If he's got any guess where the figure fled to, he'll run after them, readying to use Detect Thoughts on sight (if within 30 feet), along with repeating his question mentally.

Here I was, starting to get annoyed at you constantly writing my name wrong, only to realize I was the wrong one :smalltongue: Good times!

Thrasymedes
2015-01-05, 07:05 PM
Saedeor momentarily contemplated the cloaked figure flinging fireballs around and frowned at the destruction. It appeared to him that this party had a reason to be upset but he didn't like the look of the way things were going and he had no idea who had started the incident.

He quietly dismounted from the panther and crept forward to right behind the sorcerer while sending Dun forward to hide a quarter of the way around and 30 feet away and doing his best to see through the smoke. Once he reached the sorcerer, he tapped him on the lower back (as high as he could reach) while the other one held his scimitar at his side.

Just settle down a moment will you. You aren't hitting anything except for a building you will later pay for. Can you explain what happened so I know if and how I can help?

My Stealth Check:
Dun Stealth Check: [1d20+8
My Perception Check: [roll1]
If Charisma is Needed [roll2]

cavalieredraghi
2015-01-25, 12:39 PM
Fandus can feel the mans thoughts as he reaches out. While only his surface thoughts are clear, they certainly help shed light on the situation.

Where is Dale, with those bombs, if this keeps up Dimtri will burn the whole guild down. That Damn warlock will pay.

While outside the smoke the Warlock that was on the attack looks down at Seador.

If you want to help, help me get that damned bandit. We have been fighting for years, ever since I convinced him to join Dagger-shard. well he finally made a good attempt at me today. The Warlock points down to the blood on his leg and his arm, and the two daggers on the ground.

I am tired of dealing with this Bastard, thought I am going to have to answer to Arokh when this is said and done.

Thrasymedes
2015-01-25, 03:38 PM
The halfling listened to the man's response and gleaned one overwhelming impression from it: This man was destroying the building as the result of a quarrel and had no intention of stopping. He decided to trust that one of the others he saw on the way in might convince the opponent to listen to reason but for now:

Knock him out.

At his master's command, Dun bounded across the intervening distance and launched himself into the warlock's back at the shoulder slashing at his shoulder and endeavoring to render him insensible.

Okay, Dun is moving to attack the sorcerer and attempting to knock him unconscious.

Claw Attack with advantage [roll0] [roll1]
Claw Damage: [roll2]
On a hit, the target needs to make a DC 12 Str save (with disadvantage?) or be knocked prone.

Bite Attack With Advantage:[roll3] [roll4]
Bite Damage: [roll5]

Xhosant
2015-01-25, 10:14 PM
Fandus did not recognize himself as a warlock, although he had read on them. To him, his study had merely trained his mind in a new way, in the same way a scribe would grow capable of memorizing shapes. Thus, he didn't feel threatened, instead curious about meeting such a person.

Rushing after the man, he asks him, mentally, "Who's Dale, and what does he look like?"

His spell's magic would grab the reply, if it went through the curious man's head.

cavalieredraghi
2015-02-11, 06:05 PM
Who the hell are you? what are you doing in my head? is what Fundus can hear back from the man.

While the dog/druid can smell, the tinge of blood coming from beyond, the smoke.

Xhosant
2015-02-11, 09:53 PM
"I'm the man you mistook for Dimtri. I hold no friendly feelings for him, just trying to stop the hall from burning down."

Technically true. He didn't know the man, how could he be a friend to him? Fandus moved to cover the dog a little bit, it wasn't every day he found an animal so friendly to him.

Irish Musician
2015-02-12, 09:27 AM
Muirín saw the man move in front of him while talking to the other man, most likely to try and protect him. He thought that was nice of him, but if the hostile man was going to do something, Muirín wanted a straight shot to him. Muirín moved in front of Fandus and beared his teeth to show that he was protecting the warlock. He had a pretty good read on people and liked what he got from Fandus.

Xhosant
2015-02-12, 10:45 PM
Fandus knelt next to the dog and petted its back, not taking his eyes off the person.

"Easy, boy, we don't want trouble", he said to it, and if the man heard, which is quite unlikely, all the better.

Irish Musician
2015-02-13, 10:39 AM
Muirín acts as though he calms a little , but does stay in front of the Warlock. He is waiting to see what this stranger does before acting himself.

cavalieredraghi
2015-02-13, 11:47 AM
You finally see the figure of the man, as he runs past you, figuring you came from the direction he wants to go. Thanks for showing me the way out, I guess I will have to get D. next time. The way he says D with his mind it almost feels like it is both a friend, and a hated enemy.

So you are working for him then? What the hell did I do to you, Him I understand you! Though.

Dimtri backs up and openly prepares to attack Saedeor

Dimtri

Muirin
[roll1]
Fandus
[roll2]
Saedor
[rll]1d20+4

Inti Order
Saedeor
Derrick
Fandus
Dimtri
Muirin

Thrasymedes
2015-02-13, 10:44 PM
The halfling stood by as the warlock snarled at him and smiled:

Well, you destroyed a building I particularly liked for one.

He drew his shortsword with his right hand and aimed to stab him in the leg, while aiming a scimitar slash at his arm with his left hand. The panther remained where it was awaiting any further instructions. At the moment, he was still hoping to simply incapacitate the warlock and so was trying not to kill him but he did not intend to let him continue destroying things.

I do have a question, did he get knocked prone by the panther's attack? If so, use the advantage rolls, if not just take the first one of each set. Also, if he did, then he would have taken 16 damage, otherwise just 8 and whatever he takes this turn.

Scimitar Attack Roll(s): [roll0] or [roll1] (if prone) Damage [roll2] Shortsword Attack Roll(s) [roll3] or [roll4] (if prone) Damage [roll5]

cavalieredraghi
2015-02-18, 04:18 PM
The halfling stood by as the warlock snarled at him and smiled:

Well, you destroyed a building I particularly liked for one.

He drew his shortsword with his right hand and aimed to stab him in the leg, while aiming a scimitar slash at his arm with his left hand. The panther remained where it was awaiting any further instructions. At the moment, he was still hoping to simply incapacitate the warlock and so was trying not to kill him but he did not intend to let him continue destroying things.

I do have a question, did he get knocked prone by the panther's attack? If so, use the advantage rolls, if not just take the first one of each set. Also, if he did, then he would have taken 16 damage, otherwise just 8 and whatever he takes this turn.

Scimitar Attack Roll(s): [roll0] or [roll1] (if prone) Damage [roll2] Shortsword Attack Roll(s) [roll3] or [roll4] (if prone) Damage [roll5]

you have been missing so far, this guy has a really high ac for a Warlock. for anything actually.

Derrick keeps running away from the guild, as Fandus can no longer talk to him telepathically anymore due to being out of range.

Xhosant
2015-02-19, 02:14 AM
Seeing the rogue sprint past, Fandus follows the continued source of the noise, deeper into the smoke and towards Dimtri. Once in range, he'll sense his surface thoughts and go from there.

cavalieredraghi
2015-02-22, 01:17 AM
look it is cute you think you can try and hurt me, but please stop you are just embarassing yourself. Dimtri, disengages with Seador, and spends his action to move away.

Thrasymedes
2015-02-22, 08:33 AM
You are definitely impressive, you will have to show me how you do that sometime. I have never even heard of that kind of defense. Now, will you please stop destroying the area?

Saedeor sheathes one of his shortswords and reaches into his back to pull out a net. He realized this opponent was way more powerful than him and he only had one more idea left. As he did this he slowly walked across the building to follow the opponent.