PDA

View Full Version : Coconut Oil... discuss!

Tz-Auber
2007-03-29, 07:09 PM
In light of the latest comic just wanted to see if anyone wanted to discuss the views of coconut oil as portrayed in the latest comic.

In a vague attempt to be unbiased, I'll get the ball rolling with various a la carte thoughts:

- Coconut oil in addition to all saturated fats are the devil! Eat tons of polyunsatured fat and fiber because it's good for you!
- There's a big conspiracy coming from the domestic oil (nutritional) interests trying to sell you more poly-unsaturated oils by producing a smear campaign against saturated fats!
- Coconut oil? Heh... they should've dumped unfermented soybean oil on the goblins! The phytate compounds (including phyto-estrogens) would've crippled and immasculated the goblin army!
- My doctor is smart and says Coconut and all saturated fat is bad for you, you crazy nut!
- Rich will reveal it's actually hydrogenated oil, and hence why it's bad for the goblins!
- How do you hydrogenate something that's already a fully saturated fatty acid?
- Would being coated with coconut oil give DR 5/Fire or 150% fire vulnerability?
- Rich, Coconut oil should be solid at room temperature you dodo! (most common observation, but here for completeness)

Legendary
2007-03-29, 07:54 PM
This is fun! Lemme try:

- Attempt at being a troll on the nutrition debate.
- Humorous comment involving Elan/Thog/etc and coconut oil.
- Annoying poster not reading thread and restarting health debate.
- Person suggesting that battlefield ISN'T at room temperature.
- Person who is ninja'd by above.
- Miko.

Ok, the thread is over. Lock it up, mods!

ziggurat
2007-03-30, 12:26 AM
apparently it remains unlocked

Legendary
2007-03-30, 12:35 AM
It didn't actually VIOLATE any rules, I was just predicting the way the thread would head, leading to an ultimate flame war over Schroedinger's Paladin.

I have absolutely NO way to force the mods to do ANYTHING. I was just joking around....

Seriously, what DO people have to say about coconut oil?

Kreistor
2007-03-30, 12:57 AM
Well, the existence of coconut oil implies the existence of coconuts but Azure City so far has not had any coconut trees. This implies that somehow coconuts are getting to Azure City.

Thus, there must be swallows carrying the coconuts to Azure City. African swallows, specifically.

Professor Tanhauser
2007-03-30, 10:32 PM
I suppose we could go into a skit about how the people in AC got coconuts, a'la the bit in "Monty Python and the holy grail".....

Tolkien_Freak
2007-03-30, 10:37 PM
Yeah, people in Medieval Britain would not have had coconuts. But it's still funny.

It's in the south, though, so I'm not particularly surprised. They are a port city, so they could be importing them.

They have real horses, though.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-03-31, 07:17 AM
I suppose we could go into a skit about how the people in AC got coconuts, a'la the bit in "Monty Python and the holy grail".....

Been there, done that.

Anyway, who is to say that 'room temperature' in AC is 70 degrees? They never said that it was scientific room temperature, so it may be what they perceive as room temperature.

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2007-03-31, 12:20 PM
They could have used eucalyptus oil, and thus:

Death By Mintiness!!!

agentx42
2007-04-01, 11:12 AM
This is fun! Lemme try:

- Attempt at being a troll on the nutrition debate.
- Humorous comment involving Elan/Thog/etc and coconut oil.
- Annoying poster not reading thread and restarting health debate.
- Person suggesting that battlefield ISN'T at room temperature.
- Person who is ninja'd by above.
- Miko.

Ok, the thread is over. Lock it up, mods!

Well, you've summed up every single thread in every single post. Guess we can just shut down the forum and all take a nap.