PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Moon - IC

SirAshley
2014-12-23, 09:50 PM
A large campfire burned at the center of the Sept of the Alum's bawn, casting shadows onto the faces of those surrounding it seeking warmth and light. Luna hangs in the sky, half of her face hidden from the world, the birth moon of those Garou destined to see both sides to any tale, and to render judgment and law based on those two sides. The night's air is cold, abated only by the fire of the Sept, and the closeness that some share when seated next to each other, sharing the warmth of their body heat. Idle chatter fills the otherwise quiet forest, though none spoke too loudly. A shadow hung over the Sept, though it had been lifting since Arthur Chainbreaker had won his place as Alpha, and began putting the Garou and Kinfolk to work. Being idle after Hector Ortega's death had put many into a numbness, a numbness that would have to be shaken off. the night shift of the Warders wandered the territory the Sept had claimed, ensuring no threats were creeping up upon them, and no one entered without a proper howl of introduction. After the most recent events, those patrols were as strict as they had ever been.

The night finds a group of Garou that have found something in common with one another, and that have shared some adventure together, sitting by the fire to take in a hot cooked meal, or perhaps a raw one for those of the group that prefer to take their meals in their lupus forms. Arthur took a seat upon one of the stumps around the fire, dressed in an Iron Maiden t-shirt, a pair of jeans, and black work boots. A leather jacket kept the new Alpha warm during the cold night. The Ahroun was large, standing at 6'3" if at his full height, and well-built, staying in fighting shape. His facial features spoke of his Fianna bloodline, though his hair was brown and his skin more tanned than that of the pure Irish bloodline. Etched on his face was a slight scowl, his deep blue eyes wandered along those seated by the fire, but never stared at any individual for very long. Many said that was just his face, and that most of the time, he wasn't mad. At least, whatever most of the time constituted for a Full Moon. Holding a plate in his right hand and his fork in his left, the Fianna began to eat the baked potato he had procured from the kitchen shack. He eats quickly, a habit formed in the mess hall of Paris Island, where he had been through his basic training with the Marine Corps.

Setting the plate down by his feet, Arthur once again looked over the Garou and kinfolk gathered around the fire, before his gaze rested upon the group. They were a diverse lot, if nothing else, these young Cliath that had arrived not very long ago. A Shadow Lord, a Get of Fenrir, a Silver Fang, a Stargazer, a Glass Walker, and...he couldn't remember the other one, but he knew that their sixth companion had been wandering around in the Umbra for the past half hour or so, so he would be able to find out later. The Alpha addresses them, his eyes wandering to the faces of these five, as if memorizing them. When he speaks, his accent shows that he is indeed a native of Tennessee, though at least he enunciated his words, unlike some of the lazier speakers in the region.

"So, ya'll seem to be gettin' along alright. You plannin' on stickin' around here, or ya'll headed for somewhere else?"

vonpenguin
2014-12-23, 10:30 PM
Ana made idle chit-chat with the others, but mostly kept slightly silent, not saying anything personal in any real sense. She seemed to be in the minority of non-kin that made full use of utensils and slowly picked at the meat that was offered. At the Alpha's question she gave a non-committal shrug, she liked what she had seen of the others so far, or at least respected them, and she had kin and contacts in the area, but she didn't feel the need to go into detail. She brushed her blonde hair back behind her ear and waited to see the answers the others gave before speaking up herself, eyes scanning the group, still not fully sure of them; the Lords that trained her had some strong opinions on the other tribes, and her rite of passage had taught her to play her cards close to her chest.

BananaPhone
2014-12-24, 06:44 AM
Alex had always loved Sept meetings. She always found them fun. Usually parking her bike somewhere safe, she'd crack open a beer (even if she had to force back local beer), she'd let the children ride around on her shoulders and caught up with some of the local kinfolk that gossiped with her and brought the towering Get of Fenris up to speed on some things. The only way it could get better was if it built up into a moot and there was someone she could fight. Now that would be fun!

Blinking, bringing herself back to the present, Alex sat with her feet forward, sandy blonde hair pulled back in a single braid and her blue eyes reflecting the amber flames before her.

"Wouldn't feel right moving on," Alex spoke, her voice a strange mix of bass, femininity and her German accent, "someone has to hang around to show the Fianna how to defend the place" she grinned playfully. Anyone who had spoke to her for more than one minute, which was everyone present, would know she was a smartass.

Kish
2014-12-24, 10:16 AM
Eating is a little awkward for Kiran, but he manages it with grace despite having only one hand. Unsurprisingly to anyone who knows him, he eats only meat. At Chainbreaker's question, Kiran nods respectfully to the sept leader. "I think we'll be staying--barring some indication that Gaia has other plans for us."

tonberryking
2014-12-31, 02:42 PM
The stargazer of the group responds with a guitar twang. The new pup in the pound, Carie hasn't spoken much and despite nearly rivaling the alpha in height, her willowy, denim-clad form seems to just hover at the edges of the party, a lanky shadow trailing after them. She barely knew them as much as they knew each other, but they had common grounds, and her mentor said they'd make a good match. To herself, silently, she does wonder why Friend of the Family was nowhere to be seen--even if that was his style to bugger off when she could have used his guidance-- but concludes it's neither the time nor the place to ask about him.

It takes her a few moments to realize she's been playing the strings alot longer than she intended. it's been almost five minutes until her fingers come to a halt.

"Oh! Sorry; I've been lost in the moment. But my path has crossed with the others, and it's led us here; I would stay as well with my new... um... brethren?"

She's a shy one when she's not talking with her guitar, alright...

SirAshley
2015-01-06, 05:55 PM
Alex had always loved Sept meetings. She always found them fun. Usually parking her bike somewhere safe, she'd crack open a beer (even if she had to force back local beer), she'd let the children ride around on her shoulders and caught up with some of the local kinfolk that gossiped with her and brought the towering Get of Fenris up to speed on some things. The only way it could get better was if it built up into a moot and there was someone she could fight. Now that would be fun!

Blinking, bringing herself back to the present, Alex sat with her feet forward, sandy blonde hair pulled back in a single braid and her blue eyes reflecting the amber flames before her.

"Wouldn't feel right moving on," Alex spoke, her voice a strange mix of bass, femininity and her German accent, "someone has to hang around to show the Fianna how to defend the place" she grinned playfully. Anyone who had spoke to her for more than one minute, which was everyone present, would know she was a smartass.

Arthur chuckles deeply in his chest at that comment, a grin forming on his stubbly face as he studies the huge Fenrir woman, as if sizing her up. "Well, little girl, anytime ya wanna try to show me somethin' I ain't seen, feel free to try."

The Fianna emphasizes the little girl comment, a stark contrast to Alex's huge size. It seems that there may be more than one smartass in these woods.

Eating is a little awkward for Kiran, but he manages it with grace despite having only one hand. Unsurprisingly to anyone who knows him, he eats only meat. At Chainbreaker's question, Kiran nods respectfully to the sept leader. "I think we'll be staying--barring some indication that Gaia has other plans for us."

Moving his gaze towards Kiran, the Alpha's grin lessens, watching the metis eating with one arm. Nonetheless, he responds to Kiran's statement, scratching at his stubble with his left hand. "Guess we'll just have to see what she's got in store, huh? Ain't gonna lie, we could use some extra hands 'round here, regardless of how many they come with."

The stargazer of the group responds with a guitar twang. The new pup in the pound, Carie hasn't spoken much and despite nearly rivaling the alpha in height, her willowy, denim-clad form seems to just hover at the edges of the party, a lanky shadow trailing after them. She barely knew them as much as they knew each other, but they had common grounds, and her mentor said they'd make a good match. To herself, silently, she does wonder why Friend of the Family was nowhere to be seen--even if that was his style to bugger off when she could have used his guidance-- but concludes it's neither the time nor the place to ask about him.

It takes her a few moments to realize she's been playing the strings alot longer than she intended. it's been almost five minutes until her fingers come to a halt.

"Oh! Sorry; I've been lost in the moment. But my path has crossed with the others, and it's led us here; I would stay as well with my new... um... brethren?"

She's a shy one when she's not talking with her guitar, alright...

"Well, yer a bit odd, ain't ya? Weird to find a musician that doesn't like to talk." The Fianna's grin returns as he looks at Carie and her guitar. Finally his gaze turns to look them over as a group again. "Well, if ya'll intend to stay, I might have somethin' fer ya'll to do. Who knows, might even help ya'll learn more 'bout one another."

Arthur straightens up, his back cracking and popping as his left hand comes back to rest on his knee, his right doing the same on the other. I'm sure ya'll heard 'bout Hector, and what all went down with that. Dark day, that was, and we still ain't seein' much of the light anytime soon. I'll keep it short and sweet; if ya'll stay here, I'll tell ya now. We're not really a Sept at peace. We ain't declared at war, so far as our traditions go, but we definitely ain't sittin' back and contemplatin' the meaning of life, either. Ya'll need to understand that, if you're gonna stay."

vonpenguin
2015-01-06, 06:27 PM
Ana let a smile slip as the Alpha mentioned they weren't a tribe "at peace" and leaned forward slightly, "As far as I understand it any Sept that thought it wasn't at war since the Howlers fell is fooling themselves. But I'm curious what you have for us. Elders would give me a talking to if I let these three show me up." There was an obvious playfulness in her last comment, teasing without trying to pick a fight, it was part of the job description after all.

Kish
2015-01-06, 06:38 PM
Kiran smiles, letting no sign of having noticed the Sept Alpha's reaction to him show. "Indeed, I doubt any of us were expecting anything else."

BananaPhone
2015-01-06, 11:34 PM
Alex leaned back on both elbows, a smirk across her features indicating that she was enjoying herself. She said nothing else, but instead just watched the Fianna and resisted the urge to give him more snark.

tonberryking
2015-01-07, 10:55 PM
Carie seems to stare too intently at the Fianna Alpha for too long a moment, silent as a church mouse. Then her hand twitches and then she suddenly plays some of the strings from Run to the Hills, though it may not necessarily be from whatever album is actually on Arthur's shirt. Her face is a little pink by the time she stops (IF she stops) but she nods her assessment.

"You are a gracious Alpha," this remark has neither the mark of a sycophant nor a buffoon; Carie comes off as honest as she can, "And I would respond in kind. How may we be of service?"

Failed Phantasm
2015-01-08, 02:04 AM
If the bawn was not so cold and melancholy on the other side of the Gauntlet, it was only because a lone werewolf, seated on his haunches with his muzzle pointed towards the heavens, was breaking the somber silence by howling a long, loud, elaborate, and joyful greeting to the moon as it rose gracefully into the Umbral sky. But even as he hailed the face of Luna Divided for her surpassing sense of justice and the astuteness of her counsel, Logan was keenly aware that the Sept of the Alum wanted for both that night. The lingering grief and disbelief of Garou and Kinfolk alike seeped across from the physical world, and he, wearing his Crinos form, felt its faint ebb and flow in his emotionally-charged heart as if it were an actual, crushing tide. It felt as if he had to make a physical effort to summon up the love and respect Luna was due, but it was out of love and respect for the Sept that he'd stepped sideways in the first place; it still seemed “too soon” for this song to be sung at the fire. He could have greeted her as a wolf or perhaps even as a human but, no, he was metis: Luna would see and judge him as he truly was, and he would behold her with all his eyes open.

After he had howled his last note, Logan remained seated for a few moments more, his eyes closed as he reflected on the silence and hoped that Luna was pleased with his humble devotion. When he was ready to rejoin the others, he picked up the currently-small-tree-sized quarterstaff he had laid at his side and used it to support him as he stood up. Instinctively feeling the Gauntlet around him, Logan concentrated for a moment and slipped across it fluidly, reëmerging not far from where the rest of the sept had assembled. Hefting the staff onto his shoulder and remembering to close his eye — the constant “winking” was awkward, though — Logan lumbered in their direction, hoping that his brief absence had not caused any trouble. As he walked, he briefly considered wearing his human shape, but the night air was chilly and his fur kept him warm even without the fire. Not to mention the homid cubs tended to stare uncomfortably when they saw him without a hat or bandana on.

When he reached the fire, Logan made sure to greet the new sept alpha first. Since it appeared that the man was already in conversation, Logan waited patiently for the others to finish speaking before growling a respectful, “Good evening, Chainbreaker-rhya,” in Garou Tongue to Arthur, accompanied by a soft, submissive whimper and an appropriately low tail. “I apologize if I have interrupted.” He then quickly scanned the gathering and, spotting Kiran, moved to sit a few yards away from the only other metis he was even vaguely acquainted with. However, even with their breed in common, Logan did not want to sit too close unless directed otherwise.

Since you indicated in the first post that “their sixth companion had been wandering around in the Umbra for the past half hour or so”, I wasn't sure whether or not you'd have wanted me to roll to step sideways in order for Logan to come back. I rolled it anyway (not knowing the sept's Gauntlet rating and, therefore, the difficulty) on an off-site dice roller a few days ago, when I thought I'd be jumping in. Please disregard if it's unnecessary.
Result: 10, 2, 9, 10, 8. The roll can be verified here (http://rpgroller.com/wod/index.php?show_roll=498345).

You may also note that – below the roll to step sideways – I had rolled Charisma + Performance for the Greet the Moon minor rite, but only because I'd forgotten that minor rites require no roll. I point it out only in the event that you would want to use it for something; his Performance (Howling) specialization would seem to apply.

SirAshley
2015-01-10, 03:54 PM
Ana let a smile slip as the Alpha mentioned they weren't a tribe "at peace" and leaned forward slightly, "As far as I understand it any Sept that thought it wasn't at war since the Howlers fell is fooling themselves. But I'm curious what you have for us. Elders would give me a talking to if I let these three show me up." There was an obvious playfulness in her last comment, teasing without trying to pick a fight, it was part of the job description after all.

Arthur cocked a brow at the Shadow Lord's statement about Septs at war, considering her statement before he makes a response. His tone when he responds has a joking quality to it, yet more of a satirical humor, as if he is making a joke of something that he has seen happening, or at least, heard the rumors of.

"That may be true, the Garou Nation ain't at peace by a long shot. But then again, this isn't a Sept that would declare war so that others who feel would be a better leader can't challenge for that right."

Kiran smiles, letting no sign of having noticed the Sept Alpha's reaction to him show. "Indeed, I doubt any of us were expecting anything else."

Alex leaned back on both elbows, a smirk across her features indicating that she was enjoying herself. She said nothing else, but instead just watched the Fianna and resisted the urge to give him more snark.

Carie seems to stare too intently at the Fianna Alpha for too long a moment, silent as a church mouse. Then her hand twitches and then she suddenly plays some of the strings from Run to the Hills, though it may not necessarily be from whatever album is actually on Arthur's shirt. Her face is a little pink by the time she stops (IF she stops) but she nods her assessment.

"You are a gracious Alpha," this remark has neither the mark of a sycophant nor a buffoon; Carie comes off as honest as she can, "And I would respond in kind. How may we be of service?"

If the bawn was not so cold and melancholy on the other side of the Gauntlet, it was only because a lone werewolf, seated on his haunches with his muzzle pointed towards the heavens, was breaking the somber silence by howling a long, loud, elaborate, and joyful greeting to the moon as it rose gracefully into the Umbral sky. But even as he hailed the face of Luna Divided for her surpassing sense of justice and the astuteness of her counsel, Logan was keenly aware that the Sept of the Alum wanted for both that night. The lingering grief and disbelief of Garou and Kinfolk alike seeped across from the physical world, and he, wearing his Crinos form, felt its faint ebb and flow in his emotionally-charged heart as if it were an actual, crushing tide. It felt as if he had to make a physical effort to summon up the love and respect Luna was due, but it was out of love and respect for the Sept that he'd stepped sideways in the first place; it still seemed “too soon” for this song to be sung at the fire. He could have greeted her as a wolf or perhaps even as a human but, no, he was metis: Luna would see and judge him as he truly was, and he would behold her with all his eyes open.

After he had howled his last note, Logan remained seated for a few moments more, his eyes closed as he reflected on the silence and hoped that Luna was pleased with his humble devotion. When he was ready to rejoin the others, he picked up the currently-small-tree-sized quarterstaff he had laid at his side and used it to support him as he stood up. Instinctively feeling the Gauntlet around him, Logan concentrated for a moment and slipped across it fluidly, reëmerging not far from where the rest of the sept had assembled. Hefting the staff onto his shoulder and remembering to close his eye — the constant “winking” was awkward, though — Logan lumbered in their direction, hoping that his brief absence had not caused any trouble. As he walked, he briefly considered wearing his human shape, but the night air was chilly and his fur kept him warm even without the fire. Not to mention the homid cubs tended to stare uncomfortably when they saw him without a hat or bandana on.

When he reached the fire, Logan made sure to greet the new sept alpha first. Since it appeared that the man was already in conversation, Logan waited patiently for the others to finish speaking before growling a respectful, “Good evening, Chainbreaker-rhya,” in Garou Tongue to Arthur, accompanied by a soft, submissive whimper and an appropriately low tail. “I apologize if I have interrupted.” He then quickly scanned the gathering and, spotting Kiran, moved to sit a few yards away from the only other metis he was even vaguely acquainted with. However, even with their breed in common, Logan did not want to sit too close unless directed otherwise.

Since you indicated in the first post that “their sixth companion had been wandering around in the Umbra for the past half hour or so”, I wasn't sure whether or not you'd have wanted me to roll to step sideways in order for Logan to come back. I rolled it anyway (not knowing the sept's Gauntlet rating and, therefore, the difficulty) on an off-site dice roller a few days ago, when I thought I'd be jumping in. Please disregard if it's unnecessary.
Result: 10, 2, 9, 10, 8. The roll can be verified here (http://rpgroller.com/wod/index.php?show_roll=498345).

You may also note that – below the roll to step sideways – I had rolled Charisma + Performance for the Greet the Moon minor rite, but only because I'd forgotten that minor rites require no roll. I point it out only in the event that you would want to use it for something; his Performance (Howling) specialization would seem to apply.

the Fianna smirked at Carie playing that riff, and looked as if he were about to respond to the others before Logan came from the Umbra. Regarding the metis with a cool politeness, he gestured for the Crinos to join him and the rest of the group by the fire, his blue eyes first looking to Logan's normal eyes, and then moving pointedly to the third eye on his forehead. Letting out a deep breath, Arthur regards the group as a whole once more. Putting his hands together, the Ahroun leans forward, his leather jacket creaking in the cold night and his fingers lacing together. Upon his right ring finger he wears a ring depicting the Green Man (http://www.goddessgift.net/images-jewelry/ring-green-man-front-WE-GMRING.jpg), but otherwise no other jewelry is upon his hands. He answer's Carie's question, but his eyes move to each of them in turn, showing that he is skilled and attentive at speaking in front of others.

"I'll be blunt, we need some fresh faces. We need strong Garou, but not just strength of arms. Sure, we're all Gaia's warriors, and that hate that flows within us helps us chop down Wyrm Howlers and their ilk like no other. But this Sept needs more than that. We need folks who have strength of character, strength of heart, those dedicated to seein' that when the day comes, we stand ready to take as many with us as we can before the Apocalypse swallows us all. We need a new pack. The ones here have lost some of that heart, since we lost Hector. I look at ya'll, and I can see that spark. I can see that ya'll will work well together, and you may have potential to take it that step further and unite with a totem. I've got a notion to put that to the test."

Arthur did not move from his position after he had spoken, instead, he watches all of them intently, waiting to see how they would react to the weight of his words. They were heavy indeed, but that was the way of the Fianna; they say what's in their hearts, and come what may of it.

vonpenguin
2015-01-11, 04:49 AM
At Arthur's response to her comment Ana simply shrugged her shoulders, "If someone needs that rick then they should never have gotten that far in the first place." and she truly believed that, the best person for a job needed to have that job, politics were a rope they'd hang themselves with. But at his more serious suggestion she waited a moment to consider things before answering, a joking tone to her words and a lopsided smile on her face, "Putting a Get with a Child and a Stargazer? And a Silver Fang Phildox with a Shadow Lord Ragabash?" she waited a beat before laughing and stretching, "I suppose if you are that bored with what's on TV we should agree. You are the Sept Leader after all."

BananaPhone
2015-01-11, 06:00 AM
Alex still remained quiet as she rested back on her elbows and listened. Usually one who was conscious of what she said, she didn't wish to crack wise at this particular time, nor did she feel like she had anything to add to Arthers words. Although secretly that singing hippy had annoyed her, as did the brown-nosing asskisser. But! She barely knew them. It wouldn't really be fair-minded to disregard them as noodle-armed wimps just yet. And if Alex was anything, it was fair-minded.

However, Alex didn't know what to make of the others. The newly arrived metis rubbed her the wrong way by sniveling before the Sept Alpha instead of speaking like a Garou while looking him in the eye. Would he show similar seclusion from an enemy, or hesitation in protecting the back of another packmate? Hmm, time would tell.

"Ausgezeichnet." Alex uttered to herself.

Kish
2015-01-11, 08:11 AM
Kiran chuckles at Ana's words. "It should be interesting, at least."

tonberryking
2015-01-12, 11:59 AM
Carie just shrugs with a rueful smile at Ana and her commentary; she's clearly just thankful to be here, let alone given such trust.

"Entertainment, or service to the Sept at it's finest? Regardless, I will do my best and beyond for us all..." she tries to combine a joke and a serious statement, ignoring the trickle of sweat at the back of her neck. She's a little more nervous than she hopes she's letting on...

Failed Phantasm
2015-01-13, 02:30 PM
As Arthur stared at the closed eye on his forehead, Logan felt the urge to raise his free hand to cover it but he forced himself to remain still and calmly keep eye contact until the Sept Alpha beckoned to him and turned to address the group. He looked down at the ground and shut all his eyes tight for a moment, a slight, fleeting grimace crossing his face. 'Why does everyone have to do that? It's just an eye.' He hadn't been half as self-conscious about it back home, but he was a stranger in this Sept and he had to make the best possible impression that he could if he were going to stay. Not knowing the idiosyncrasies of Fianna interpretation of the Litany, yet knowing of their extreme distaste for metis, Logan would have to give them no further reason to ostracize him. It was probably for the best that he was intimately familiar with that tenet of the Litany with which everyone liked to bludgeon him and all his breed, "Submission to Those of Higher Station"; indeed, for a metis, "Those of Higher Station" constituted many, many Garou.

Logan concentrated for a moment and his body shivered briefly as it changed and shrank into his wolf form, his quarterstaff becoming as liquid and sliding down his foreleg before settling into the shape of a tattoo beneath his fur. He took a moment to stretch and shake himself off, third eye finally open, before trotting closer to the fire as Arthur had desired. His instincts demanded he open his eye, since winking was not a wolf behavior and it just felt awkward. He sat down and listened attentively to the words, ears pricked up, but had nothing to say to the Sept Alpha once he had finished speaking. He had nothing to say to anyone else, for that matter. Instead, he eyed the Homid cubs that were apparently to become his new packmates. 'Homids everywhere. Father would disapprove. Moreso than usual,' he thought. 'I wonder how this will turn out.'

Logan shapechanges to Lupus form. The roll is Stamina + Primal Urge at difficulty 6, with two successes needed.
Result: 9, 9, 6, 10, 1, 8, 5, 9. (5 successes; roll can be verified here (http://rpgroller.com/wod/index.php?show_roll=499159).)

BananaPhone
2015-01-13, 03:23 PM
Alex watched passively as the tri-eyed metis simpered over to take a seat, his head still low and body language submissive. It wasn't surprising to the Get of Fenris to see a metis humbled to such a degree - back in her rural birthplace they fared little better than those unfortunate enough to be born into the Fianna. And, as a Get of Fenris and an Ahroun, watching Logans demure conduct almost stoked that harsh, cruel seed of "tough love" within Alex's mind that despised what she saw as a whipped dog.

But as she had a brutal instinct, so too did she have dispositions that were more nurturing. The Get loved strength, yes, but strength took many forms; strong of arms, strong of mind and strong of spirit. Perhaps the metis had been hammered into his current form by years of the same cruel fantasies she now entertained within herhead, justified by the excuse that it was for his own good. Well, it was possible that years of such treatment had produced the pathetic figure she saw before her...so what would more contempt produce? Perhaps his teachers failed him, perhaps if encouraged and developed instead of abused and degraded the metis would one day carry the fire of a Garou in his stride and meet the gaze of all he met with steely conviction.

Hmmm, perhaps, Alex wondered silently as she stared with a hard face in the metis' direction. If she were to run with these others then a criteria of being the Ahroun was to stoke the spiritual fire in every Garou's breast. If she could fan that flame in Logan, she could fan it in anyone.

vonpenguin
2015-01-22, 07:30 PM
Ana watched the new arrival and when she caught him eying the group she met his gaze with a subtle wink of acknowledgment. Since coming to the sept she had been surprised by the Fiana's harsh treatment of the metis breed. She'd seen prejudices against them but the tribe line she was taught was that the shame was more on the parents than the metis. The Fiana's stance rubbed her the wrong way, something that she intended to subtly state. And good will with her soon to be packmates couldn't hurt. Clearing some minor debris from the ground near her she inclined her head in invitation to the newcomer that he was welcome closer to the group.

Talon881
2015-02-18, 03:50 AM
(Figured I might as well get this semi intro out of the way, and it might be a fun way for our characters to talk at least.)

The air was thick in his lungs, heavy with the tension from clenched knuckles and coiled shoulders as the sentries watched the fairly unknown boy make his way towards the group meeting that had been called. Even with the word of the watchmen that he spoke the truth, Garou are a suspicious people, all comers regarded as possible foes till proven otherwise.

Arlen was mindful of his steps, fully aware of the grisly fate that awaited him if the Sept felt he was a threat. Thankfully the meeting place was not far away, the elders at least aware of the potential risk new blood might bring to their caren. That aside, he also knew his appearance was not exactly one that screamed 'trustworthy' either.

Pitch black fur, brilliant green eyes that actually showed up in the dark, a gift from his Sidhe father, and the numerous scars that patched his coat were not a unwelcome sight individually. If anything, Arlen was actually a extremely handsome man/wolf, but together with his rather standoffish reputation, those factors put him squarely in the 'watch closely' camp.

Soon the fire's light cut through the treeline, his steps hastening as he entered, making sure to deliberately step on a twig to announce his presence. Once he was sure that everyone was not going to try something, he gave a small dip of his head. "Greetings. I am Storm-Cutter, or just Arlen if you prefer. A pleasure to meet you all."