PDA

View Full Version : Tiron Campaign

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-23, 11:21 PM
This thread is for IronRoses, rs2excelsior, yet unnamed third player who has already been selected. This campaign will commence on the 24th at 5 eastern time.

rs2excelsior
2014-12-23, 11:27 PM
Birios checking in!

IronRoses
2014-12-24, 02:32 PM
Ah yes, now I remember how to work this thing. I'm ready to go!

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-25, 02:02 PM
After two weeks of trekking through snow, you manage to find yourselves at the top of a natural pass through the Draconic Mountains. Looking down, you see an outpost around 2 hours away. Not much can be discerned now, but there are scores of white tents and what appears to be a wooden tower. You are so high up, that it is very unlikely you were spotted. The trees, however, do disperse down the mountain. You could avoid the camp, but would be difficult and would add hours to your hike down.

What do you do?

IronRoses
2014-12-26, 02:47 PM
I decide that I'm interested in what kind of people might be in the camp below us. After everything that has happened lately, I believe it would be best to avoid certain races altogether for chance that they might be working with one of the many people who have tried to kill and/or manipulate us. However, I'm tired and would rather not go all the way around. I try to determine what kind of creatures would use these particular tents (knowledge roll). If that is unsatisfactory, I'm all for sneaking closer to the camp to see what is there.

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-26, 03:07 PM
Make a Knowledge (Engineering) check

Also, from now on include rolls with your post.

IronRoses
2014-12-26, 03:49 PM
Fiiiiine. I got a 6. So, sneaking?

rs2excelsior
2014-12-26, 03:50 PM
Agreed. Unless this is a group actively trying to kill us, I say we make contact. I'd appreciate a chance to actually rest and resupply.

Perception (to discern details of the camp): [roll0]
Stealth (if we need to sneak in closer): [roll1]

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-26, 03:52 PM
Nova: You are fairly certain you are in Uttarra again, but based on your (lack of) knowledge of tents, anyone could be using those tents. All you know is that there are a lot of tents.

Your flaming devilhawk may see marks on the tents, but he cannot speak common.

Birios: You see scores of white tents, but any marks on them are not noticiable from the high altitude. You see that sneaking may be hard, as there is little to hide behind down the mountain. It is midday, and you will make the camp before nightfall if you leave now

rs2excelsior
2014-12-26, 04:25 PM
So I say we go down there and introduce ourselves. Who's with me?

So since we've been on the road for a couple of weeks, it's safe to assume that we're all fully healed with spells recharged, right?

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-26, 04:33 PM
Yeah, you guys were healed when the surge of energy sent you to level 9 and transformed the hawk.

oltec31
2014-12-26, 04:54 PM
Like Nova and Birios, I want a break after that long quest that we had, but I am still worried about this camp. I also try to determine who the people in the camp may be. (Knowledge Local?, Roll: 15)

If I don't, I'd rather sneak closer to determine who the inhabitants of the camp are before introducing ourselves. (Stealth Check, Roll: 30).

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-26, 04:59 PM
Andrison: based on common sense, it is highly likely this is an Uttarran military camp. However, from the number of tents it is highly unlikely that there are more than 1000 armed warriors

Does everyone still wish to proceed to the camp?

rs2excelsior
2014-12-26, 05:22 PM
Let's make it clear we're just passing through. If worst comes to worst, I think we can make attacking us cost them enough to convince them to let us go.

IronRoses
2014-12-26, 08:04 PM
Sounds good to me. Worst case scenario, my flaming hawk SURELY counts towards an intimidate check. :P Ok, let's go.

oltec31
2014-12-26, 08:07 PM
Sure, I'm pretty sure the Uttarrans aren't mad at us. Just in case, if they are aggressive, I really my ring of invisibility.

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-26, 08:17 PM
You all descend down the mountain. For some of you (As-of-now-still-unnamed-hawk), it is rather challenging and humorous. But the big chicken aside, the hike is rather easy.

About an hour down you can all clearly see that there are hundreds of soldiers performing drills outside of the camp. They seem to either be unaware of you (unlikely because you are not hiding) or simply focused on the training.

About thirty minutes away from the camp a single he-Elf on a horse rides towards all of you. He is holding a heavy mace in his left hand and is dressed in a breastplate that is decorated with a gavel on the front. He does not appear aggressive and leisurely trots up to you. About 30 feet away he stops and nervously asks:

"Hail, I am Daeleron of Garhi, Chaplin of Lord Lamolan's Royal Army... Please, uh... state your business... Here. Or rather from the mountains... (Clears his throat) I mean to ask are you enemies of the Elven people?"

His gaze seems to spend a rather large time on the large hawk with flames for feathers.

IronRoses
2014-12-26, 08:49 PM
I smirk a bit and scratch my hawk on its favorite spot under its beak, proud that it now has such an effect on people. But otherwise, I put my weapon down and look towards the rest of the party expectantly, knowing that I should never initiate the first conversations with people I don't want to have to kill later.

rs2excelsior
2014-12-26, 08:59 PM
"Good day, Chaplain Daeleron! We are no enemies of the Elves, and we have no quarrel with your people specifically. We are merely travelers, sent to these mountains on a quest not of our choosing, and that we have now completed. If you would be so gracious as to offer us a safe place to spend the night and perhaps a little food, we will be on our way in the morning."

I don't think the good Chaplain needs the whole story of our mission here.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
In case it's needed, Bluff: [roll1]

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-26, 09:42 PM
Because you are not technically lying, it is not a bluff

Daeleron looks at Birios for a moment, thinking.

"Well, that decision will technically need to be made by Captain Zare. I don't see why she would refuse; you all seem like non-homicidal adventurers."

His eyes return to the bird " I do request that you... Um... stable your... Whatever unholy thing that is."

oltec31
2014-12-26, 09:42 PM
I back up Birios by saying: "We are merely passing through this area, it is by coincidence that we have met here at all. My colleagues and I would be grateful for any hospitality, but otherwise, we will be leaving quickly. You need not concern yourself over three humble travellers."

Diplomacy: 27
Bluff: 22

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-26, 10:01 PM
Andrison's [aka Obi-Wan] words convince Daeleron to bring you to Zare. On the way, he attempts to nervously engage in small talk:

"I'm glad the mountains didn't kill you, Zare almost died herself when she went to kill a blue Dragon for old king Sasaka some 3 years ago"

"We were actually just about to start moving out, Lamolan seems to want all new units in the Capital province."

"I'm sure you'll like Zare, she's a smart, talented, and rather beautiful young commander!"

He says the last one as you approach the camp. On a small wooden tower stands a black headed Elf, presumably Zare. You here her voice instructing the troops:

"Move faster... FASTER, a Gnome fireball will burn your sorry asses alive if you don't spread out quickly!

"Good, now swing. Swing... SWING. SIX GODS ABOVE AND BELOW FAELERUN, YOU CALL THAT A SWING! My voice could rip that sword from your arm if I tried to! Damn, son, I didn't mean to inspire you to drop your sword you pig-brained sheep f---er!

Daeleron, is that you? You hustless bastard, get over here NOW!"

With that kind warning, Daeleron looks over to you all sheepishly before spurring his horse to move faster and whispering that you all do the same. You see Zare move to meet you in the middle of the practice field. On her back is a double-bladed sword.

She meets you all on foot, scowling at Daeleron and you.

"Who are you and why is there a demonic turkey with you?"

rs2excelsior
2014-12-26, 10:27 PM
Given that she's talking about fireballs from Gnomes, it might be best if I let Andrison do the talking on this one.

IronRoses
2014-12-26, 10:34 PM
I scowl at the commander and defensively put a hand on my still-unnamed-but-I'll-get-around-to-it-some-century flaming hawk. "Hey, she's still a little self-conscious about the flames! Back off." I bite back the many elf-specific insults that come to mind in the hopes that someone else will have luck with diplomacy. She may have insulted my beautiful bird, but she still might be useful.

oltec31
2014-12-26, 10:34 PM
I look at Nova at motion at her to stop speaking. The I look back t the Commander, and I repeat what I've told to Daeleron, though I omit the hospitality part, since I'm pretty sure she isn't going to help us. I emphasize that we are merely travellers, and whatever is happening here is not our concern. All of us are weary and tired of our journey, and we just want to return home.

Diplomacy: 29
Bluff: 14 :(

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-26, 10:36 PM
Zare turns to Nova, ignoring Andrison:

"This is your bird? How did you come to have a giant, unnatural abomination come under your control?"

oltec31
2014-12-26, 10:41 PM
I look at Birios, and make a face, which basically means. "Well, this is going to take a long time."

rs2excelsior
2014-12-26, 10:46 PM
I cut in before Nova can answer, given that I expect her to be angry at this point.

"Yes, Captain, that is our Druid's bird. Frankly, we're not entirely sure what's happened, or why she has a phoenix now. All we know is that we've been mixed up in things we neither control nor understand. And if you'll tolerate us and our giant, flaming bird, for a night, we'll be on our way in the morning. And besides, I'm fairly sure these birds aren't unnatural at all. I mean, I'm sure they come from... somewhere. And he...she?...hasn't set anything on fire. Yet."

Hey, Knowledge (Nature) isn't a class skill for me. Give me a break.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-26, 10:46 PM
Zare seems to agree with that thought, turning to Daeleron and barking
"Orders came in today via sending. Send this reply and prepare to leave at 5 tomorrow morning"

She hands a roll of parchment to Daeleron and he tries to play the soldier, saluting, and exiting quickly. However he turns around to take a look at the rear of his commanding officer, which is unseen by her.

She looks back to the group.

"That IS unnatural, but I suppose I've seen stranger things. You are welcome to eat with the noncombatants and whether or not you stay here is not of my concern. We will be leaving tomorrow morning as that tiny bitch up north has sent an army to Garhi Harbor.

IronRoses
2014-12-26, 10:58 PM
I send comforting feelings to my hawk. Then, as I feel that we're out of immediate danger of losing our place to rest, I raise an eyebrow and ask, "Which bitch of the north?"

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-26, 11:03 PM
Zare raises an eyebrow:
"Lisa Kuragin... The Gnome queen... Tiny physical embodiment of magical prowess... She got a hundred or so ships and seems to have started an invasion. With our neighbors to the south too, as uncivilized as they are. Hence her fitting title of 'Bitch of the North'".

oltec31
2014-12-26, 11:03 PM
I look up at Zare. "Wait, Uttara and Pacsima are at war with Nadmorski and Volnov?"

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-26, 11:12 PM
"Ha, I wish! Pacsima is invading us, with the Queen in tow. They appear to be converging towards the capital, hence the suspicion that they are working together. As for the Dwarves, they are too wrapped up in their own bloody war to bother fighting us. Plus is seems most of their border with us is fighting against King Ilya."

She pauses

"You know, if you wanted to enlist, we could use people who can survive encounters with flaming Chickens. Just a thought "

With that, she turns to the men and begins yelling some not-so-encouraging things that essentially mean that they should go to the messhall and then to bed. She stipulates more than once that a few of the men are of illegitimate birth, and then begins walking to her tent. She is pretty slow and can be reached for other questions.

rs2excelsior
2014-12-26, 11:26 PM
"Well, this is certainly interesting. Come on, let's find somewhere to make camp."

I start looking for where the noncombatants would be camped. Specifically, where we can find the aforementioned food. Cold trail rations get old after a while.

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-26, 11:31 PM
You find a collection of peasant's wives, prostitutes, and tradesmen about 5 minutes from the mass of white tents. It seems from a quick glance this whole operation started around a month ago.

Several vendors exist that will sell food for a few copper pieces. No one is there who owns or operates any sort of magical equipment facility. There is an old Human with a crystal ball, but other than that no "magical" people of note aside from a couple clerics.

There are several unclaimed spots of dry ground that would make decent camping ground.

oltec31
2014-12-26, 11:39 PM
I start setting up camp in an open space, and buy some hot food.

Once, were all settled, and sitting around the fire, I start talking to Nova and Birios.

"So...it seems that Lisa's on the warpath. I'm pretty sure she's trying to find her child."

IronRoses
2014-12-26, 11:56 PM
I've refused to let myou majestic flaming hawk be stabled, as I don't trust anyone else with taking care of her or respecting her properly. Besides, her flames don't seem to burn me. So I lean up against her by the fire.
"Yeah seems that way. I wonder if she has any new leads on what's happened to him. I sure did like that kid, and I still feel bad about being forced to give him up. Lisa's the one person we've worked for who hasn't severely pissed me off..."

rs2excelsior
2014-12-27, 12:06 AM
"Agreed, she was decent. But what are we going to do about it? We can make it to the capital before the army if we move quickly, but not by much. Also, is it weird to anyone else that Zare isn't worried about us going to warn Lisa in some way?"

oltec31
2014-12-27, 12:21 AM
"Yeah, I liked Lisa. I feel that we should help her, especially after we lost her child, but I just don't know how to do it before this army gets there.

As for Zare, that is really weird, Birios, detect magic? I feel odd now that someone isn't forcing us to do something."

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-27, 12:26 AM
The army here is somewhere between 500-1000 elven conscripts with what seems to be one months training. A reminder of what you saw earlier.

rs2excelsior
2014-12-27, 12:36 AM
"At the very least, it'd be worth something to know that there's an army headed her way."

I cast detect magic and scan the area for any kind of magical eavesdropping. In retrospect, probably should have done this sooner.

"This camp looks like it's been here a while. How long ago did Lisa march on Garhi Harbor? It seems like these Elves have been training for something before that."

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-27, 01:16 AM
Based on the 60 foot radius Birios can detect magic on, there is no magical eavesdropping.

And, leaving the train behind, the army can force march to Garhi in 3 weeks. The party, pushing themselves, can arrive on the same day (a Gnome and Dwarf slow down the move speed and Elves only need 4 hours of rest a night).

Based on everything Zare said, it sounds like Lisa literally just arrived in the harbor.

IronRoses
2014-12-27, 11:20 AM
"Well, I would offer to fly ahead and warn her myself, but I don't trust my ability to get through that conversation after losing her son any more than I trust my hawk to." I stop and think a little bit, weighing the pros and cons. "We can do pretty much anything we want at this point. Do we want to jump into this war? If so, we could try to get a saddle for the hawk and fly me and Birios out there. But I'm not sure how much help we could be to her. What do you two think?"

IronRoses
2014-12-27, 01:32 PM
"Actually," I lean in closer, "you know, if we join up with the gnome queen we would probably have to fight these guys anyway. We cooooould just stop them from getting to her at all, if you catch my drift. I didn't much care for that Zare elf anyway. They are well-divided at night, so we would minimize innocent civilian casualties."

rs2excelsior
2014-12-27, 01:47 PM
"I'd thought about that myself. If we take out their leaders it's certainly delay their departure. Especially since there don't seem to be many experienced soldiers here. Can we justify that, though? These people are just defending their homeland, as far as they know."

"If we could steal a saddle for the hawk, we could go warn Lisa. Andrison, you could pretend to join up, and then try to cause some disorder as they get closer, or keep us posted about their movements. Just a thought, while we're throwing out plans."

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-27, 01:52 PM
You did not see any ready-made large bird saddles. Such a saddle would probably have to be made.

IronRoses
2014-12-27, 02:34 PM
"Hmmm that's true. I would probably feel bad attacking these people for trying to defend their homes. Maybe we could try to get to Lisa, and try to convince her to give us a chance to steal her child back discretely. That seems to be the most peaceful solution. It might even prevent all-out war. Surely she would see the benefits of that, despite our previous failure. We could also try pointing out that we are much more capable after absorbing that much power back up on the mountain," I say, gesturing at my hawk-who-really-needs-a-name.

"But, that plan of action would require a saddle, and they definitely won't have one to fit my hawk. Anyone feel up to trying to gather some leather from around the camp?"

oltec31
2014-12-28, 10:10 PM
If I stay behind, how will I contact you? I have no way to message you if we follow this plan, and how would you recommend I slow down this army? I might be stealthy, but I don't exactly have the necessary powers to cause mass panic like you two. Might I remind you that a bow and two daggers are not going to slow down an army for long.

If we do decide to help Lisa, which I'm still not entirely convinced we should if it takes stopping this entire battalion, killing Zare should happen tonight, and then, well, we need to leave before anyone else notices.

IronRoses
2014-12-29, 01:18 AM
"You make an excellent point. I really hate to be so ungrateful about their hospitality but... There doesn't seem to be much military talent in this camp aside from Zare and a couple of her higher ranking officers though, so we shouldn't have to worry about much of the rest of the camp. Ok, so. We sneak in, kill Zare, and take off. I bought an invisibility potion back at the shop we visited in the town a while back, so I can give that to my hawk here if we need to get out without being seen."

I make eye contact with my hawk. "You know, you really need a name. How about Fiera ("Fee-Air-Uh"), do you like that?" The hawk rubs her face against mine. "Fiera it is. I'll call you Fi for short."

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 01:29 AM
Please give stealth checks if this is your course of action.

IronRoses
2014-12-29, 07:31 PM
My stealth is an 11. Haha...

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 07:34 PM
Is your hawk going with you or hiding? If it is, I need her stealth too

rs2excelsior
2014-12-29, 07:58 PM
"Hmm. I'm still a bit uneasy about this, but it looks like there's not much choice. We'll still have to move fast to warn Lisa."

Stealth Check: [roll0]

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 09:04 PM
You all wait until midnight, when everyone is either trancing, too drunk to notice you sneaking back into the camp, or performing acts that would require them not to notice you.

The "guards" for the camp are rather uninspired, and do not catch you as you sneak into the encampment. And by leaving Fiera near the woods, you are not caught in the camp.

Finding Zare's tent is rather challenging in the dark, but by 1 am you find the flag that signifies her office and quarters. The tent is around 10 feet by 5 feet, with an opening in the middle of the largest side. The opening to the tent is held closed by 5 buttons, none of which are drawn taunt. You can see a faint light coming from the slits that are not pressed tight by the buttons, perhaps created from a candle, which is still lit. No one that you can see is watching you as you approach.

rs2excelsior
2014-12-29, 09:08 PM
"So what's the plan?" Birios whispers. "Do we try and do this quietly, or start blasting?"

EDIT: Based on the below post, I cast detect magic and scan the area.

oltec31
2014-12-29, 09:12 PM
"I feel like we should take one final detect magic check, then I can sneak in with my ring of invisibility to check for any other guards."

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 09:17 PM
You detect no magic in either the tent nor in the surrounding area.

oltec31
2014-12-29, 09:20 PM
If everyone agrees, I'll turn invisible, sneak in, and look through the tent.

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 09:20 PM
However, as Andrison goes to sneak into the tent he notices a problem; he turns visible when he goes within 4 feet of the tent.

IronRoses
2014-12-29, 09:27 PM
"Hmm ok, well, looks like we don't have a choice. I'll head in first." I ready Flame Strike, and push open the flap of the tent.

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 09:31 PM
"Hmm ok, well, looks like we don't have a choice. I'll head in first." I ready Flame Strike, and push open the flap of the tent.

You unbutton the tent very carefully, but, like Andrison, you notice your attempt at a Flame Strike is unsuccessful. You notice this before you open the flap to the tent. Do you continue?

rs2excelsior
2014-12-29, 09:33 PM
"If Andrison's invisibility ring doesn't work, we probably can't cast, either."

Birios approaches the tent, and tries to grow his claws (they're a supernatural ability, so if it's an anti-magic field they'll be negated). If that doesn't work, he draws and loads his crossbow.

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 09:34 PM
Your claws do not grow. You ready your crossbow.

IronRoses
2014-12-29, 09:36 PM
I attempt to transform into a bear.

*Edit* If that doesn't work, I also ready my scimitar of frost.

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 09:40 PM
Nova: In frustration with the lack of invisibility, flame, and claws, you grunt and attempt to transform into a bear. You are 5 feet away from the long side of the tent with the flap on it, and thus the half of you which is furthest from that entrance succeeds in becoming a bear. The half of you closest to the tent remains in your current form, with all its lesbian Dwarf glory.

You end the magic and raise your Scimitar of Frost

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 09:44 PM
Your weapons are all drawn and the tent flap is unbuttoned. Does anyone enter into the tent?

rs2excelsior
2014-12-29, 09:48 PM
I will, crossbow readied as I go through. Scan the tent for anyone who might be alert and awake.

Perception to spot anything non-obvious: [roll0]
Do weapon enchantments work in an anti-magic field?

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 09:55 PM
I will, crossbow readied as I go through. Scan the tent for anyone who might be alert and awake.

Perception to spot anything non-obvious: [roll0]
Do weapon enchantments work in an anti-magic field?

No, though they retain their masterwork status

You enter the tent and blink your eyes at the light inside. There is a desk over at the left wall which is small (3 feet long). A candle burns near its bottom next to papers and a writing station. On the right side of the tent is a cushion circle around 3 feet in diameter. Next to the cushion is a rack which holds the armor that Zare wore earlier today. Above the armor (where the neck should be) is a wooden T which holds a golden medallion/ medal of honor sort of thing with two wings on its face (similar to the insignia used at Garhi castle when Lamolan was pretending to be Sasaka). You vaguely remember seeing it on Zare earlier today.

However, the most distressing thing you see is Zare kneeling by the table, awake, reaching for her double-bladed sword. She must have heard you all outside of her tent because she is wearing an odd assortment of clothes that were clearly put on in the minute before you entered her tent.

IronRoses
2014-12-29, 10:02 PM
I follow in after Birios, scimitar readied to attack at the first opportunity (attack rolls 21, 19)

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 10:03 PM
Nova, she is too far away to instinctively attack with your weapon. You could use the free round to move closer to her, however.

oltec31
2014-12-29, 10:06 PM
I follow Nova, also ready to attack.

Attack Roll: 27 and 24 (Using Rapid shot and Many shot), that would be 2 arrows for the 27, and one for the 24.

rs2excelsior
2014-12-29, 10:07 PM
Attack roll: [roll0]
(Confirming Critical: [roll1])
Damage: [roll2]
(Critical Damage: [roll3])

I roll for potential critical confirmation and damage, because you can't add a roll in an edit on this forum.

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 10:07 PM
I follow Nova, also ready to attack.

Attack Roll: 27 and 24 (Using Rapid shot and Many shot), that would be 2 arrows for the 27, and one for the 24.

Roll damage on all three

Andrison, what is the damage on your bow without magic (since a longbow can only deal a max of 8 damage, and I don't think you have a compound bow).

oltec31
2014-12-29, 10:09 PM
Damage: 2+9+5 respectively, total 16

I get 1d8+1, from strength.

IronRoses
2014-12-29, 10:09 PM
Very well, I move towards her, closing the distance between us as I ready my scimitar.

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-29, 10:19 PM
Birios bursts through the flap, grazing Zare with his bolt. Nova and Andrison enter afterwards, and the diving Elf cause Andrison to unleash his three arrows at her as well (be sure to keep track of however many you have), hitting her in twice in the leg and once in the left arm. Nova, waiting for the arrows to fly, runs towards Zare with her scimitar raised.

The young elf soldier, showing an iron-masked-face, continues to go towards her sword. She grabs the blade, and twists up towards the oncoming Dwarf. The blow gashes her in up her torso for 11 damage.

Nova is now an obstacle in front of Zare, granting her partial concealment (this effects even True Shot)

rs2excelsior
2014-12-29, 10:25 PM
Birios reloads his crossbow, moving to the side to get a clear shot.

If a 5ft step can get me a clear shot, these are my rolls. If not, I'll hold fire until next round. In that case I'll reroll it, unless the DM tells me to keep these.
Attack: [roll0]: Critical threat!
(Confirm Crit: [roll1]) :(
Damage: [roll2]
(Crit damage: [roll3])

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-30, 01:34 AM
Long battle that is on Facebook messenger, epic flight in the middle of the woods, pissed off cleric, etc, etc.

You all watch the sun rise over the draconic mountains, exhausted from your midnight adventure. Nova walks over to Zare and secures the bindings on the young warrior. For the low charisma, the elf is surprisingly not unattractive. Her numerous arrow and bolt wounds are magically healed, and the party rests a well earned sleep.

You wake up 8 hours later, at 2 p.m. You see from your vantage point that the main army seems to have left on schedule, as the mass of tents has vanished.

Dumping the findings from last night onto the ground (gently), you discover 5 pages of maps and figures that seem to show Uttarran military positions, as well as those of The surrounding countries.

There are 3 small leather books, 2 in Elven and the third in Gnomish. A cursory reading shows the first Elven book to be a diary, the second to be a novel that revolves around a lighthouse, and the Gnomish text seems to discuss magical items as it's subject.

The engraving of the Elven man holding the sword is amagical.

The last thing collected, aside from Zare, is her sword. It glows faintly green and hums with strong magical power when touched.

Zare, being healed, could easily be woken up and interrogated. The items could be explored further. What do you do?

rs2excelsior
2014-12-30, 09:40 AM
"Well, our whole objective here was to delay that army from leaving. It seems they went anyway. Whether they're headed toward Lisa or out looking for us, we don't need to be here long. I say we head for Garhi Harbor as soon as possible. We can worry about what to do with the captain here and her things on the way."

RoamingSorcerer
2014-12-30, 10:41 AM
Everyone make a perception check. This will be your passive perception until you leave the area

rs2excelsior
2014-12-30, 02:57 PM
Perception: [roll0]