PDA

View Full Version : The Ethereal Needler

Icewalker
2007-03-29, 07:56 PM
First off, I would like to note that this was inspired (and by inspired I mean totally ripped off of) the weapon The Needler from the Halo series.
However forget the weapon. what I would like to draw your attention to is the ammo itself. The needles.
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i401888_Needler.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com)

New Weapons:

The Ethereal Needle: Ethereal needles were discovered several years ago, by some adventurer stumbling around the ethereal plane. Ethereal crystals grow in small bunches in various locations around the ethereal plane. These hard crystals grow in small bunches of slender points. These points themselves can be broken off at the base and used as needles. They appear as small purple points, about 2-3 inches long. Ethereal needles are magic weapons. While too small to be used as arrows, they can be thrown with some slight training or practice.

{table=head]Exotic Weapon|Cost|Dmg (S)|Dmg (M)|Critical|Range Increment|Weight|Type

Ethereal Needle (5) |
I dunno yet |
1d3|
1d4|
x2|
20 ft.|
1/2 lb.|
Piercing[/table]
Ethereal needles function as +1 and seeking.

Ethereal Needlefist: The ethereal needlefist is an extremely simple contraption. A band of leather that can wrap around ones fingers. There are three ethereal needles strung through the band which your fingers fit between. This allows you to punch with the power of ethereal needles. It is possible to attempt to inprovise an ethereal needlefist if you have three ethereal needles, even if you have nothing else (just hold em between your fingers). An improvised needlefist functions in every way like a normal one, albeit with the -4 improvised weapon penalty.

{table=head]Exotic Weapon|Cost|Dmg (S)|Dmg (M)|Critical|Range Increment|Weight|Type

Ethereal Needlefist |
3xethereal needle +1 gp |
2d3|
2d4|
x2|
-|
1/2 lb.|
Piercing[/table]
Ethereal Needlefists function as +2 magic weapons.

Needle Arrow: Arrows can be made that use ethereal needles as points. Ethereal needle tipped arrows gain powers far beyond those of mundane shot, because of the ethereal crystals' ranged powers.

{table=head]Ammo|Cost|Dmg (S)|Dmg (M)|Critical|Range Increment|Weight|Type

Needle Arrow (10) |
Ethereal needlex10 +1 gp |
-|
-|
-|
-|
3 lb.|
Piercing[/table]
Needle Arrows function as +1 and seeking.
This can also be applied to crossbow bolts. They are effectively identical, except made for crossbows instead of traditional bows.

Icewalker
2007-03-29, 07:58 PM
Reserved for the Ethereal Needler class. Currently under construction.

Kyace
2007-03-29, 08:07 PM
50 "+1 seeking arrows" would cost 8350 gp . So for ten, the price ought to be around 1670 gp.

Edit: Didn't notice that the arrows were also exotic weapons. How does that work for ammo? Hmm, I am suddenly reminded of the Green Arrow arrows with the boxing gloves on them.

Icewalker
2007-03-29, 09:31 PM
Oh yeah huh, all I did was copy-paste the charts from the previous two. Arrows don't have a weapon type (I think). They just show up under the bows. I'll fix it. There we go. Any content comments?

Also, I have a question I need answered. How do you do that quote thing which shows the name of the person quoted, with a little arrow link to where it's from. I don't know how to do that and really wish I did.

Innis Cabal
2007-03-30, 03:05 PM
dont know how to do it on this forum, but i like the item