PDA

View Full Version : Leadership with other players

Raul Lećo
2014-12-24, 07:18 AM
Hello people!

This comunity is helping me a lot with my game, so im bringing new questions and discussion, and hope u guys help me again haha

Ill show how my character is, so its better to understand things:

* He“s Lawful and Good
* Loves a fight, love to show oponents head when kill them (not for murder or killing, but for the victory and prestige)
* His bigger dream is finding a real opponent (not an enemy). Have a near death fight to see his true power and what he“s capable of. Can be any big boss like Tarrasque, but in preference a dragon. He have a fever for dragons (for this reason he“ll have levels in dragon disciple).
* Want to kill many dragons (the bad ones), maybe be friend of them (the good ones), Mount them (as he uses mounted combat feats, it will be aewsome)
* Seeks Prestige, fame and be known by all of his achivements (protecting people from bad guys, conquer many lands and be a true warrior, as his enemies be afraid just for hearing his name).

So now the questions:

1_ If my DM allow, Leadership will be perfect right?
2_ As we are 6 players + animal companios for the druid (7 characters), the party is very full, if i get the partner for leadership its a good idea to get a cleric (be out of fight just buffing and healing)? Since ours will stop playin and make another class...
3_ My folowers will have problems with my others party members? since some are chaotic and stuff.
4_ How to solve question 3?
5_ I read something of get a dragon with the leadership feat, how it is possible?
6_ Can i choose my folowers feats? or just my partner“s?
7_ If im willing to get a very big fight, can i bring all my followers (make like a horde fight, maybe for conquer a land) to fight, but just control me and my partner? or the followers just stay in the guild, living and working there?

Just this for now guys, if i have more questions related to this, ill post here...

Thanks!!

Greenish
2014-12-24, 07:26 AM
1. Dragon Cohort (Draconomicon) seems like a better fit.
2. Support character seems a good fit, though cleric can risk outshining actual PCs.
3. Why would your followers have problems if your character doesn't?
4. Talk with the DM.
5. Many younger dragons have LA, allowing them to work as PCs, and therefore also as cohorts. ECL = RHD + LA.
6. Ask your DM.
7. Ask your DM, though hordes of low level characters would just slow down the game.

Raul Lećo
2014-12-24, 07:42 AM
Im using just the core books, so dracomnicon is impossible haha sorry for not mention that!

"5. Many younger dragons have LA, allowing them to work as PCs, and therefore also as cohorts. ECL = RHD + LA."

What is LA? ECL? RHD? (im brazilian, so theese abreviations are different here...).

About the cleric, he“ll be like just buff and run, if an enemy gets closer, use full moviment action and get out (my rules will be strict for him, never get in combat), so about outshining, i think this will not happen. One good thing is like getying quicken spell for buffs and "loose" the damage spells 4 levels higher because of it.... Full support dude

Greenish
2014-12-24, 08:30 AM
Effective Character Level = Racial Hitdie + Level Adjustment (+ class levels, if any).

So for example, you take Leadership at level 6, assuming you have good enough leadership modifier, you can get an ECL 4 cohort. This could be a level 4 human fighter, but if you use something like Bugbear (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/bugbear.htm), a level 1 bugbear fighter would be ECL 4 character. The same rules also apply to dragons, though they tend to have more RHD and LA.

Raul Lećo
2014-12-24, 08:41 AM
Oh, understand now ^^ thanks!

And if i get the cleric cohort, and then i want a dragon cohort (A cleric can enter a dungeon, and the dragon is bigger, so its more difficult, using him on open ground fights for example).

I can just let him in the guild and get the dragon, then when ill go to a dungeon i let the dragon in the guild and get the cleric?

PsyBomb
2014-12-24, 09:33 AM
In large parties, nabbing a Bard if there isn't one already present with have an overwhelmingly powerful effect on the party... and the best part is that it does so by making everyone else better, so they don't feel overshadowed.

Raul Lećo
2014-12-24, 11:53 AM
Its ok? because bards cant be lawful.... and my character is, so ill loose points of leadership....

In the leadership description says that if i move around a lot, i loose 1 leadership point. So my DM never go back to the city that we did a quest, this mean i have to leave my group sometimes (or forever) to get back to my guild (or my land, in a long time)?