PDA

View Full Version : Stats for the Great A'tuin.

bloodshed343
2014-12-24, 06:51 PM
Someone please make me a stat block for the star turtle. Thanks!

Ninjadeadbeard
2014-12-24, 08:14 PM
Someone please make me a stat block for the star turtle. Thanks!

Well.

HP: All of them.
AC: Too high.
Attack: It hits.
Damage: You lose.
Stats: Yes.

Actions: Great A'Tuin: Whenever Great A'Tuin is the Great A'Tuin who flies through space with four giant elephants and a Disc atop his shell, He Wins. You Lose. YOU F!@&ING LOSE.

Jeraa
2014-12-24, 08:41 PM
It is unlikely you would ever face A'Tuin as a whole, so stats for the entire turtle wouldn't be necessary. You could stay up individual sections as if they were monsters in their own right. A'Tuins Right Fore-Flipper, Atuin's Head, A'Tuin's Tail, etc. Even then, the massive size involved still would be troublesome to stat.

MReav
2014-12-24, 08:58 PM
A'tuin has a world on his back. His parasites are probably things you fight subsections of.

bloodshed343
2014-12-24, 08:58 PM
Well.

Actions: Great A'Tuin: Whenever Great A'Tuin is the Great A'Tuin who flies through space with four giant elephants and a Disc atop his shell, He Wins. You Lose. YOU F!@&ING LOSE.

This is what I was looking for. Hearty laughs were had. I give you one internet, good sir.

Louro
2014-12-24, 11:25 PM
Lol. I'm DMing a discworld short campaign right now. Rincewind is already in, but he doesn't need stats at all. On the other hand I'll probably need to set up Cohen, not sure if 20 barbie or 17/3 barb battlemaster.

ghost_warlock
2014-12-25, 08:09 AM
Lol. I'm DMing a discworld short campaign right now. Rincewind is already in, but he doesn't need stats at all. On the other hand I'll probably need to set up Cohen, not sure if 20 barbie or 17/3 barb battlemaster.

Cohen is actually probably best represented as an open hand monk with some special somesuch to let him use a greatsword as a monk weapon. :smalltongue: Timeless Body and all...

Lonely Tylenol
2014-12-26, 06:02 PM
A'tuin has a world on his back. His parasites are probably things you fight subsections of.

But...

Aren't we his parasites?

GorinichSerpant
2014-12-26, 06:10 PM
But...

Aren't we his parasites?

Other then us there are also the mites that are as big to A'tuin as ordinary mites are to ordinary turtles. Those things are gigantic.

JAL_1138
2014-12-26, 06:37 PM
But...

Aren't we his parasites?

We get our world carried on the back of the elephants that ride on A'tuin's back, and in exchange we have a Wizzard cast the 7a most important spells in all of magic. It's more like mutualism.

Yoroichi
2014-12-27, 04:24 AM
Well.

Does he deal frog?

Inevitability
2014-12-27, 05:59 AM
Does he deal frog?

He deals *clears throat* two frogs. Per hit.

JAL_1138
2014-12-27, 06:36 AM
He deals *clears throat* two frogs. Per hit.

For the purposes of Great A'tuin's ability, Froghemoths* count as frogs.

*Actual monster, originally from Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, appeared in a few monstrous manuals in 1e, 2e, and 3e

MReav
2014-12-27, 10:06 AM
But...

Aren't we his parasites?

No. We're closer to the Elephants, so we'd probably be their parasites.

Louro
2014-12-27, 10:29 AM
Regards of its stats the most important phylosofical questions remain stills concealed by a mist of mystery.
What's the sex of Great A'Tuin?

Anderlith
2014-12-27, 04:52 PM
Regards of its stats the most important phylosofical questions remain stills concealed by a mist of mystery.
What's the sex of Great A'Tuin?

Let's send some tourist, a wizard, & a barbarian to find out.