PDA

View Full Version : Polymorph me some arms

kulosle
2014-12-24, 07:36 PM
So have a 12th level campaign [3.P] and i'm looking for things with lots of arms to polymorph into. The best I have so far is the Tako from oriental adventures. 7 arms. It takes an item so that i can breath, but that isn't a problem, gm says i can still attack with all 7 on land. Can't do that with the anthropomorphic octopus though since it specifically says you can't. Everything else i've found with lots of arms is 20+ hit dice.

For those curious build so far is:
dragon born elan
totemist 2, warblade 3, master thrower 1, bloodstorm blade 4, warblade 2. 2 or 4 of those warblade levels could be alchemist levels for 2 extra arms but then i wouldn't get to 11 base attack bonus and that is less attacks over all.

We don't allow symbiots, too silly.

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-24, 08:55 PM
I'm forgetting if polymorph lets you add templates, but Obah-Blessed adds a pair or two of arms.

Rubik
2014-12-24, 09:38 PM
...Why would you add dragonborn to elan? Elan lose everything except their Cha penalty when the dragonborn template is applied.

Also, there are yuan-ti arms (in the vest slot) from Savage Species. Buy a pair. There's also the warforged mighty arms grafts from Faiths of Eberron. If you can make it to where they aren't absorbed when you Polymorph yourself, you'll have an extra two.

Thrice Dead Cat
2014-12-24, 11:22 PM
If 3.5 spells are kosher, there are two different 3rd level spells that each give an extra pair of arms with claw attacks. Girallion's Blessing out of Spell Compendium and Arms of Plenty from Lords of Madness. The main difference between the two spells is duration.

kulosle
2014-12-25, 09:58 AM
Dragon born for the dragon blood subtype while still being an abberation. For juicy dragon soulmelds.

Gm already ruled that grafts get absobed when polymorphing. So unless there is a way of getting 8 arms on a base creature. It isnt worth it.

Wheres that template?

Edit:
I found it. Ha says cant be applied to a race with more than 4 arms, but tako obly have tentacles. I can probably get that approved. So thats an 11 "arms" race.

Sam K
2014-12-25, 12:27 PM
So thats an 11 "arms" race.

200 xp for great arms race pun!

Urpriest
2014-12-25, 12:36 PM
Pretty sure Darktentacles have 12.

kulosle
2014-12-25, 01:34 PM
What and where is that?

Urpriest
2014-12-25, 04:17 PM
What and where is that?

Aberration in MMII with 9HD. Has twelve tentacles, which explicitly can all be used to hold weapons, and has some Ex abilities relating to fighting with multiple weapons as well.

kulosle
2014-12-25, 09:39 PM
Super awesome. I doubt it gets better than this.

Rubik
2014-12-25, 10:13 PM
Super awesome. I doubt it gets better than this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwzH7eSOwAc

It can, and just did.