PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars D20 - Bounty Hunter Rebellion(IC)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Graybacca
2007-11-14, 08:57 PM
Jon steps forward, I'm the Captain! Jon then steps up to the ramp and yells inside, Caeda, watch the ship we'll be back, Jon then raise the ramp and the heads to and enters the waiting speeder.

lawful_evil
2007-11-16, 06:03 AM
When the real captain steps forward, the woman turns, winks at him and says, "But of course you are." With that, she keep strutting toward her car.

As she climbs in, she pauses in a strange bent over sort of pose and looks back at Partak and Jon, winks, and then keeps climbing in. Once in, she sits down and adjusts her dress and says, "Come on now, don't you worry about the ship, they'll post guards to make sure no one steals it."

Graybacca
2007-11-16, 10:26 AM
Jon pretty much ignores the female Ortolan's antics and continues doing what hes doing with his ship as he is still ferrous with the Ortolan Ranchers, he's also pretty sure had he retreated up the ramp of his ship during the fight that he would have ran to the ships Quid laser cannon station and used it to level every building around his ship.

Finally Jon enters the speeder still seething with anger but trying not to show it.

The_Snark
2007-11-16, 01:05 PM
3D-4N

4N enters the waiting speeder behind the Captain, settling himself down and staying still. His one, off-center red eye stares unblinkingly at the Ortolan in a manner carefully calculated to be unsettling.

As the droid waits for them to take off, he remarks, "Your employers, madam, are remarkably cavalier about the destruction of sentient life."

lawful_evil
2007-11-16, 05:14 PM
When 3D-4N speaks the woman is caught off guard, turns and glares at it. She then says to Jon, "We have extra restraining bolts... if you need one."

As Partak climbs in she says, "It does bring up a good point which I'm sure Mr. Della will be quick to clarify. The supervisor droid translated your Imperial Entanglement phrase into Ortolanian for our ease of communication. The words translated to grand embarrassment. They thought you were using some strange off-world cultural reference to honor. It wasn't till the shooting started that Mr. Della's son spoke up that a mis-translation had occurred." She starts the vehicle moving forward in a slow and cautious manner. She maneuvers the vehicle around some close obstacles and then guns it.

The vehicle quickly accelerates to fairly obscene velocities. After just a few moments she turns hard to port and slams the breaks to bring the vehicle to a stop outside of a glass enclosed solarium. She reaches over, squeezes Jon's leg and then opens her door. As she climbs out, she adds, "Here we are."

Graybacca
2007-11-16, 08:31 PM
ThreeDee is his own boss, if any one attempts to affix a restraining bolts to him will have a very short conversation with my Blaster. And as for the miss-communication there was the potential for misfortune for you had i made it to my ship turret.

lawful_evil
2007-11-17, 03:18 PM
She climbs out and then turns back around to face the passengers and says, "Sorry babe, I don't know anything about that. I was, ah, occupied, at the time. Come inside, have some warm CR milk, relax. If you are who you claimed to be, then you realize that we don't want to be fighting amongst ourselves. Even if we don't know it, we are on the same team."

She swing shut the hatch she climbed out of and struts over to the Sun Room outer door. It automatically opens when she approaches. She goes inside.

The_Snark
2007-11-17, 04:44 PM
3D-4N

4N's single red eye follows the woman malevolently all the way over to the building as she goes inside. After, he turns to Jon. "Thank you for that." He sounds mildly surprised that the captain bothered to speak up. He glances back towards the door. "I suppose we had better go in," he says with distaste. "That is why we came here, after all."

Graybacca
2007-11-17, 05:44 PM
Your welcome ThreeDee, and Unfortunately yes we should go in, Jon then dose just that i walks up to and then in the door to the sum room.

Felistor
2007-11-18, 02:20 AM
Partak follows, watching warily all around him, sniffing the air and feeling out emotions with his head cones. He keeps his blaster holstered, but his right hand never strays far from it.

lawful_evil
2007-11-18, 09:23 AM
A Human, a Droid, and a Gotal walk into a solarium. The room is covered with windows letting in light from the nearby star. Around the room are numerous small tables, surrounded by even smaller chairs. Sitting at them are nearly a dozen Ortolan, mostly men, but 3 females. Most of the men were looking at the air car driver when the group entered, but as soon as the group entered all eyes went to them(most are focused on the Gotal).

Everyone seems to be sitting around and eating a light meal. Against the far wall is a long low table with numerous types of food and a hot caffeine dispenser. The air car driver is currently at the table spreading some sort of light green paste onto a bread product. She looks back at the group over her shoulder and motions you over to the food.

After just a few moments, several of the Ortolan decide they are in fact done with their meal and get up to leave. Others begin nervously devouring what food they have left so that they can leave.

As people get up to leave a serving droid rolls out and cleans up any mess they may have left behind. It picks up the leftover food, the dishes, wipes off the tables and does a spot cleanup on the floor around the table.

Graybacca
2007-11-18, 09:54 AM
Jon goes and gets himself a hot caffeine and a small sandwich after the female air car driver motioned her OK. Jon eats and drinks quickly after he's done he just gets himself a second cup of hot caffeine and settles in to talk with the owners.

The_Snark
2007-11-19, 01:18 PM
3D-4N

The droid stays with the rest, monitoring the room, since food is unnecessary in his case. The fact that many of the Ortolans are leaving strikes him as possibly suspicious, and he pays particular attention to the doors.

lawful_evil
2007-11-20, 06:29 PM
The outflow of Ortolan continues until only your air car driver remains. About 20 seconds later a pair of Ortolan males enter. They are dressed in business suits and wear gun belts with hold-out blasters, which almost look like standard blasters on their small frames.

The elder of the pair walks up and sits down with Captain Jon, while Partak and 3D-4N stand in the background. The younger Ortolan stands behind the elder and off to the right, though his attention is focused on the air car driver, who seems to be flirting with him.

The elder speaks in broken common, "Sorry I am regarding the deaths on your team. Regret have we. To blame the droid, I would like, but restore to life your friends, it does not. We are where we are. Let us move forward. What did you not wish to discuss with the Imperials?"

Graybacca
2007-11-20, 08:41 PM
we'll sir were emissaries for the Alliance, here to offer some or those on the imperial bounty list a way off planet, but I'm also hoping to set up some possible supply line that could be be of use to the alliance.

Felistor
2007-11-21, 01:58 AM
Partak silently watches the Ortolans, trying to pick up as many of their emotions as he can with his head cones.

The_Snark
2007-11-21, 02:09 AM
3D-4N

Like Partak, the droid silently watches, although he rather doubts Jon's wisdom in openly declaring their purpose so soon. Negotiation was give and take, and these were Ortolans of business; they surely understood that. His speculations on what will be necessary to keep the Ortolans silent should they be unwilling to work with the Rebellion (kidnapping at the least, he concludes) are completely unrelated to the Ortolan's apparent desire to pin the Kushiban's death on the guard droids... but the contemplation of the possibility gives him a small degree of malicious satisfaction.

lawful_evil
2007-11-21, 08:52 AM
Both the young and the old Ortolan are taken aback by the boldness of Jon's statements. The old one continues to speak, though the younger one is now paying attention, "So, heard you have of a bounty on one of the Della? Think we will tyranny flee? Abandon our homes? Welcome we are to have your contact, but know not if you are part of the alliance. Know you the secret handshake?"

The young Ortolan speaks up at this point and says, "My father asks if you have proof that you are not just clever bounty hunters. You are obviously not Imperials, but bounty hunters sometimes employ very strange tactics."

Graybacca
2007-11-23, 11:20 AM
We both know that the type of prof your asking for would get my crew and me arrested and possibly executed, so all i cangive you right now is my word of honor.

The_Snark
2007-11-23, 03:18 PM
3D-4N

The droid speaks up—word of honor seems like a shaky thing to risk one's life on alone. "I might add that you seem to need assistance. You are hardly well concealed; your relative is on the lists given to all bounty hunters, and your location is publically known; I am surprised you have gone undisturbed this long."

"As the captain says, we do not carry anything that might identify our alliegiance, and I highly doubt you have been given any codes. Unless you are asking for some specific proof, you will simply have to take us at our word."

Diplomacy [roll0]

lawful_evil
2007-11-23, 08:57 PM
The old Ortolan's snout wiggles as he laughs at 3D-4N and says, "You are no the original bounty hunters to come. I am counting up to 4 now." Once the old man stops laughing, within moments his arms

The son steps up again and says, "I'm not sure exactly what he expected you to produce. Yes, we have no codes for any off world rebellion. People here are fighting the empire too. Until it becomes obvious which side you are on, we won't be able to help you. Perhaps a concrete demonstration would persuade my father."

Graybacca
2007-11-23, 09:14 PM
What would you sagest we do to convince you of are intentions.

lawful_evil
2007-11-24, 01:22 PM
The old Ortolan chuckles again, though it is not clear why, and then says, "Maybe you big shot off worlders can show us how things are done. Maybe you can use your ship there to stop a supply truck and recover some stolen supplies for us?"

The young Ortolan, anticipating Jon's objections, offers, "Of course, we have a jammer you can use to block any calls for help the truck might make. We wouldn't want to blow your cover." His voice seems honest and sincere, though it is obvious he's been taught negotiation and diplomacy techniques.

The_Snark
2007-11-26, 06:19 PM
3D-4N

"It sounds feasible to me, Mr. Della," 4N responds as Jon considers. "Stolen by whom?" He doesn't have a problem with attacking the local criminal element, and it's their job here to make trouble for the Imperials, but it's best to know which they're dealing with.

lawful_evil
2007-11-26, 07:06 PM
The young Ortolan continues to speak, "The Imperials, of course. Oh, sure they would say they requisitioned them for the good of the empire, but stealing it is."

The old Ortolan nods as the young one continues to speak, "I'm sure they view it as a cost saving mechanism or some such thing. Maybe they think they are helping us by making life more difficult."

Graybacca
2007-11-27, 12:24 AM
We'll do it, and i don't think the imperials care one bit. Says Jon

lawful_evil
2007-11-27, 07:06 AM
The old Ortolan rocks back and forth a couple times and seems to smile. He then trumpets something in his own language, followed by a little bit in common, "Pleased we are that you would take this step in demonstration. Boy show you intelligence we have on situation. I have business other attend to. Again I express my sadness at earlier encounter."

With that the old Ortolan hops to his feet and waddles out the door leaving the younger Ortolan(who doesn't seem to be a child) and the air car driver.

The young Ortolan walks over to the doorway and begins to access the computer terminal. He writes some data on a datachip and then walks back over saying, "I've provided the information we have on the truck. When it is now, when we think it will leave, where we think it is heading, the route it'll should take, what our stolen cargo looks like, etc. I've also included a frequency and encryption code if you need to contact us. I'll have the droids bring the jammer out to your ship. Why don't you look over the data and come up with a plan. If you have more questions, call and we'll try to answer any questions." He motions to the woman, who, as if on cue, strikes a glamour pose. He then adds, "She can take you back to your ship, unless you'd rather walk. I am sorry, but I too must attend to other business. Any questions?"

Graybacca
2007-11-27, 12:34 PM
Thank you, no question's we'll look over the data and get back to you and i think we'll walk back so we can discuss this as we go. Jon takes the info and gets up and slowly overlooks the information on his datapad as he walks back to the Republic.

lawful_evil
2007-11-27, 06:36 PM
Just after the team leaves, the woman walks out behind the team and climbs into the air car. She pauses, mid-climb, and says, "You sure you don't want a ride."

The datadisk contains :

Frequency 8.182475 Ghz
Encryption Code : '8A9BC-92748-589F2-948E9-ABD92-749C9-39471-02938-0012D-020F0-E010A'

The Truck :
Mostly likely vehicle is a requisitioned Trest A-A5 Speeder Truck. They previously have had stormtroopers inside the cargo area. There are usually 6 total troopers with the truck.

The Cargo :
6 crates of battle droids(about 3000kg each)
2 crates of blasters(about 800 kg each)
2 crates of AV rockets(about 1200 kg each)

The Route :
The truck is expected to leave Belo at around 14:30(local time), which is in about 5 hours. It is headed to a base the Imperials have setup about 200 km south of there. Given the rough terrain it should take the truck at least 3 hours to reach that location. At that location, the cargo will probably be transferred to a heavy freighter for shipment back to the core worlds.

The expected route of the truck is along the bottoms of the valleys on a road they have used previously. The base has many tracking stations, but you should be able to use the extreme mountainous terrain to mask your approach and egress.

Estimated Route Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/TheRoute.jpg) This is intended to be drawn on a topographic style map. The elevation lines represent 1000m elevation changes(so the mountain just north of the base is over 4000m tall(well over 10000feet). The route takes the truck downhill out of Belo and then along the valley floor 200 km south to the base.

The_Snark
2007-11-27, 07:17 PM
3D-4N

4N glances over the captain's shoulder as they walk, analyzing the route. "The immediately obvious point to stage an ambush would be between those two peaks—more than large enough to hide us from sensor stations and air patrols. The earlier the interception, the better, since it gives us more time to escape before the convoy's absence is noticed, and that canyon is almost too obvious an ambush point, so I reccomend we time the ambush so that we strike just before they enter." He ignores the Ortolan female for now.

lawful_evil
2007-11-29, 04:58 PM
Jon, 3D-4N, and Partak arrive back at the ship. Apparently only 3D-4N was able to fully process the information as Jon and Partak have decided to think about the plan a bit before discussing it.

The walk back is fairly short. The mountain air is cold, but crisp and clean, except for the occasional gust which brings the smell of the Cragrat droppings. The view is quite nice too, though no other 'man made' developments can be seen from here.

Once they get back to the ship, they find a small crate sitting at the base of the landing ramp. All of the broken droids have been cleaned up and hauled away. Only the administrative droid remains at its post.

Caeda and Dekar are both on the ship and await the return of the Captain, etal.

Graybacca
2007-11-29, 05:40 PM
Just as there arriving at the ship Jon says, your right Three-Dee that midway point in between those mountain do seem to be are best bet, i was thinking that with the republic's weapons we could start an avalanche to stop the truck, then we storm them and stun them, once we got what we come for we use yours and Byalid's unregistered pistol's to kill them so that there's no witness that can point there fingers at us.

Graybacca
2007-11-29, 11:51 PM
Just so every on knows where hes talking about Jon takes out a stylist and highlights the area on the map.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Graaybacca/temp2/the-route.jpg

lawful_evil
2007-12-01, 07:46 AM
Caeda greets Jon on his return, "Welcome back dear. It doesn't sound as if you returned with your quarry. I do hope you didn't have to kill him." The sound of one of the door opening echos out of the ship and Caeda says, "I was able to purge most of the poisons from Dekar. He's not quite fully recovered yet, but he should be fine in the morning."

She glances over at the crate and says, "The droids delivered a package while you were gone. Have you any idea what it is?"

Graybacca
2007-12-01, 09:04 AM
It's a sensor jammer that we have to install then we perform a small job for them to prove are intention and then they decide whether to come with us or not.

lawful_evil
2007-12-01, 05:35 PM
Caeda smiles and comments, "Considering that the encounter started with violence, it is impressive that you were able to negotiate any sort of peaceful settlement."

She steps aside to allow the team to come on board and says, "We do have limited time on the planet, and out current passenger will eventually get bored waiting for us to deliver him. We should get to work. Will you install it or can the droid?"

Graybacca
2007-12-01, 08:07 PM
I guess i'll start the installation of the jammier but i'll take any help the other offer, Jon head back to the engine room and begins to do the install of the Jammier.

((Takeing 10 on repair +5 for a total of 15.))

Attilargh
2007-12-02, 02:28 PM
Dekar

Dekar walks out of his cabin, half-dressed and looking rather sour. Still, he seems much healthier. "So, how did it go with the locals?"

Out of curiousity, is Byalid's corpse still lying around?

lawful_evil
2007-12-02, 06:06 PM
As the crew walks around the ship, they find that Caeda has wrapped the body of Byalid in a white sheet which looks like a funeral garb and placed his body on display in the starboard cargo area, where she left a candle burning.

Jon heads to engineering and gathers up some tools. It takes an hour or so, but he wires the jammer into the ships systems and sets a quick access button in the bridge controls to activate the jammer. With help from the rest of the crew he mounts the jammer on the underside of the ship so it can be used to jam vehicles the ship is flying above.

{{ Another hour passes, so anyone down VP can gain some }}

Felistor
2007-12-03, 01:05 AM
Partak fills the Twilek in on what happened at the ranch while he patches up the blaster holes in his utility vest.

Attilargh
2007-12-04, 12:13 PM
Dekar

Dekar puts some fresher clothes on as he listens to Partak. "Wait. Just how big are these crates, and why in the stars are we working for folks whose droids are programmed to feed trespassers to the pets?"

The_Snark
2007-12-04, 12:16 PM
3D-4N

"Large enough to make me hope the captain has some means of loading them aboard ship, Mr. Dekar. I cannot say I like the situation either, but it seems they have had several prior run-ins with bounty hunters, which explains their paranoia even if it does not excuse it."

lawful_evil
2007-12-05, 07:41 PM
[10:18] Jon has finished the installation and 3D-4N has setup a console on the bridge to allow easy activation of the jammer. 3D-4N has also preset one of the channels as specified on the data disk with the provided encryption codes.

All the installations complete, the ship is seemingly ready for takeoff. Belo, the starting point of the truck is 1993 km east-north-east from your current location. It should take just over 2 hours at top speed to reach that location.

{{ Even if you managed to stop the truck because of an avalanche, how do you plan to resolve the stormtrooper problem? Try to blast them with the ship? Disembark and raid the truck? Blast the truck till it stops and use stun grenades on everyone else(anyone have stun grenades?) }}

lawful_evil
2007-12-08, 08:08 AM
The Nerf's Republic begins its atmospheric flight towards Belo. Deciding to keep the ship low during the flight, Jon gets to weave the ship in and out of the various mountains and valleys along the way. As such, the flight takes closer to 3 hours.

Graybacca
2007-12-08, 01:44 PM
The hole time that Jon is Flying the erratic course Jon Has a large grin on his face like there's nothing better in the Galaxy, once there on station Jon say, some one get back to turret control and warmer her up.

Attilargh
2007-12-08, 03:41 PM
"I am compelled to point out that I consider this a really bad idea and the planning hasty, Dekar says as he enters the cockpit to take a look outside. I would also like to enquire if we are really going to take a ship with people worth a lot of credits into what will probably become the scene of a small-scale war? I mean, we don't even know if that jammer thing isn't really a big ion bomb or something, and the Dellas in cahoots with the Imps. Stars, we've got a list of names longer than my lekku! The twi'lek emphasizes the remark by lifting the bodyparts in question around his neck. I say we drop this little errand, ship the folks already on board to the rendezvous point and find the next lead somewhere else. Also, don't you think you're flying pretty low?

The_Snark
2007-12-08, 05:03 PM
3D-4N

"Flying low is the point, Mr. Dekar. We don't want to be detected at any point during this run."

"Having worked with the jammer, I can assure you that it does not possess the size or power source necessary for a giant ion bomb; your worries on that front are needless. As for your other concerns..." The droid pauses, running calculations for precisely 1.6 seconds. "I think it rather improbable that the Dellas are in league with the Imperials. Their attempt to have us killed on sight for being bounty hunters certainly would hinder spying attempts—unless, of course, you believe that the Dellas, and by extension the Imperials, know our identities and allegiance already."

"In that unlikely case, we are in trouble no matter what we do."

lawful_evil
2007-12-09, 01:29 PM
His fun behind him, Captain Jon reaches the road leading south out of Belo. The 'road' is a liberal description of the fairly smooth dirt path. While the route is fairly obvious, it is only one lane wide and from the sky you can see the occasional place where people have veered off the main trail into the surrounding scrub.

Flying south, the crew looks for choke points and places where some debris would cause a passing vehicle to be forced to stop. The topographic map makes this appear as a simple valley, but in fact, the land is quite rough. Once down in the area the Jon designated, they find that the dirt road splits up and there are half a dozen separate small roads that weave in and out of the various boulders and rocky outcrops. They are also split and rejoin every kilometer or so.

It might be possible to cause blockages on two of the paths, but not on all six in the same area. Whilst flying around you do see a pair of small off-road vehicles traveling east to west along that valley just north of the area designated by Jon. There is also a small herd of some large furry mammals on the slope of the small mountain on the north-western edge of the area designated by Jon.

Graybacca
2007-12-11, 04:50 PM
Looking at the area below Jon says, well looks like plan A is out, well on to plan B, shot the Truck until it stops

The_Snark
2007-12-11, 07:43 PM
3D-4N

"Just as well. A landslide might attract more attention than we want. Does the ship possess any means of flushing the troopers out of the truck? Experienced soldiers may stay inside the truck depsite threats, in order to force us to destroy the truck rather than capture it. I doubt they will waste stormtroopers on guard duty, but it is possible."

"On the other hand, if the cargo is appropriately partioned off from the driver and crew, we could simply destroy the crewed section and take the rest aboard. Are you familiar with the model of speeder used, Captain?" 4N scans his memory banks for the information, looking over the datadisk to see if it contained it as well. That was far more likely; he'd never bothered to program himself for industry.

lawful_evil
2007-12-11, 08:14 PM
After a long slow pass down the valley, Jon turns the ship around as the ship's computer notifies him that cargo truck should be leaving Belo at this very moment(if its on schedule). After a few minutes flight north up the valley, the sensors detect the truck headed down the valley towards the base.

The scanner also detects a pair of airspeeders flying along a couple hundred meters above the truck. Their size and shape suggest something similar to a Incom T-16 Skyhopper. The vehicles(all three) are moving at about 100kph and are about 50km away when your scanners detect them.

{{ If you are going to go into battle, I'd like to know who is manning what station, etc. They are 500 squares away still. You can move(at most) 16 squares per round. The truck, maybe 2-3 square. The airspeeders might be able to outrun you(as they are designed for air travel).

Your weapon can fire(at most) 5 squares in this atmosphere, the enemy weapons are probably of similar range.}}

Graybacca
2007-12-16, 12:48 AM
every one hang on here we go, Jon turns on the jammer system on and begins his attack run, Using the pilot overrides he positions the ship's Quid-laser cannon in to the forward firing arc and locks it in position, he then Dives in at the T-16 Skyhopper type craft at maximum speed, once in range Jon snaps off two quick shot, before pulling up into a tight high speed turn.

Attack: (1d20+9=29) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1429274)
Damage: (6d10*2=82) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1429282)

Attack: (1d20+9=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1429277)
Damage: (6d10*2=76) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1429280)

Pilot: (1d20+12=27) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1429283)

(( the Attacks indicate my attack mod plus the ships Size and Fire Control modifier))

The_Snark
2007-12-16, 02:50 AM
3D-4N

"Reccomend we wait until they either detect us or are close to firing range, Captain," 4N puts in, manning the sensor stations. "Air-based vehicles would most likely have sensors inferior to ours." Whichever way Jon decides, he monitors the airspeeders closely, feeding information to Jon's terminal.

When the attack run starts, 4N provides bonuses to Jon's attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]

(If both are successful, I'm not sure if the bonuses stack... +2 to the next attack and to AC if not, I guess.

lawful_evil
2007-12-16, 10:17 AM
The Nerf's Republic streaks in towards the truck and escort. The jammer is operational, or at least it claims to be. Jon is piloting and 3D-4N is manning the sensors. Partak grabs the shield operator console and fires up the shields. Dekar redirects the weapons away from Jon to his console(so Jon can focus on flying). Caeda stands in the back and directs the action.

Once the ship closes to about 6.5km, the airspeeders begin to accelerate towards the Nerf's Republic, rising up in altitude. 30 seconds later, they have closed to weapons range and the battle begins.

The eastern-most airspeeder fires its double laser cannon, the shots impacting Nerf's shields(down to 84%). Dekar fires back, hitting the western airspeeder, which instantly explodes into a fireball, sending debris raining to the ground below. By the time, Dekar has retargeted the eastern ship, it had flown past.

Nerf's Republic takes 8 shield damage.

As Jon pulls up to pursue, Partak, restores the shield stability and brings the shields back up to 100%. 3D-4N tries to warn Jon that the speeder looped back, when its lasers again impact the shields, dropping them to 80%. Dekar fires back, but misses the small agile vessel.

Nerf's Republic takes 10 shield damage.

Jon maneuvers in behind the airspeeder to keep out of its firing arc, while still allowing Dekar to fire. Partak brings the shields back up to 86% with his dexterous computer skills. Caeda helps coordinate the team to take down this foe.

The airspeeder weaves and turns trying to get Jon out of his blind spot, but Jon outmaneuvers the little ship. Dekar continues to fire at the small target, but can't manage the success he had with his first shot. Partak gets the shields back up to 94%.

The airspeeder pilots turns suddenly and dives at the ground in a desperate attempt to lose Jon in the various obstacles. 3D-4N continues to feed firing solutions to Dekar, but to no avail. As Jon dives to follow the airspeeder, Partak restores the shields to 100%, just as Dekar finally manages to clip the airspeeder with a shot. The Nerf's Republic's quad cannon's rips a hole in the side of the vessel. Its engines shutdown as sparks and smoke pour from the hole in the vessel as it plummets to the ground. Moments later it impacts the rocky side of one of the hills with a fiery explosion.

The truck is now about 4.6km away and has accelerated in its efforts to reach the southern base. The Nerf's Republic can easily overtake the vehicle and can close to firing range inside of 30 seconds.

Shields at Full.

Graybacca
2007-12-16, 01:02 PM
Jon Brings The Nerf's Republic Around to over take the Truck, once in firing range Jon slows the ship to keep the truck under his guns as long as possible.

Pilot: (1d20+12=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1429443)

Attilargh
2007-12-16, 01:41 PM
Dekar

Dekar grins as he sets the sights over the truck's cabin. "If anyone is considering objecting to shooting at a vehicle packed with explosives, now is the time."

[roll0] (Only taking into account Dekar's nonproficient attack bonus.)
[roll1]

The_Snark
2007-12-16, 07:37 PM
3D-4N

4N feeds firing solutions into Dekar's display from his terminal. "Shoot to cripple, not to kill. We don't want them to crash too violently."

Computer Use [roll0], [roll1]

lawful_evil
2007-12-16, 07:47 PM
Jammer still running, Jon swoops in on the truck. Dekar fires at the truck during the initial approach. The shot impacts, but reflects of the things armored hull. The truck's driver accelerates even more, weaving in and out of any cover he can find for the massive 20+ meter long truck.

Jon swoops around and comes in behind the truck, holding his position relative to the swerving and weaving speeder. 3D-4N starts feeding tactical information to Dekar to assist in targeting the erratic vehicle. Dekar begins firing rapidly, but most of the shots just bounce off or hit a boulder that the truck swerved behind. All the while, the truck isn't shooting back.

By the fifth shot, Dekar manages to find a weak spot on truck. The shot rips a whole in the cab and into the engine compartment. The truck grinds to a halt. One stormtrooper in the cab of the truck leans out of the window and fires his blaster at the starship, but misses as Jon suddenly maneuvers the ship to compensate for the speeder stopping so suddenly.

As Jon circles around to approach the rear of the truck he sees a pair of stormtroopers have exited the rear of the truck and setup some sort of repeating blaster on a tripod. There are two more stormtroopers standing in the open cargo bay of the truck. Thick black smoke is rising from the front of the truck and the stormtrooper from the cab has exited and is taking cover behind a 1 meter diameter boulder.

3D-4N reports that immediately behind those two troopers(in the cargo bat) are the cargo crates, more specifically, the rockets are closest to the door. Any shots that miss those two troopers will likely hit those rockets.

The Nerf's Republic is hovering about 110 meters from the back of the truck. There is some small boulders and similar rocky obstructions in the area which can provide cover for ground personnel. This is the closest place for the ship to land. It may be possible for ground personnel to move some of the debris out of the way allowing the Nerf's Republic to land closer.

The_Snark
2007-12-16, 08:01 PM
3D-4N

"Reccomend we hold fire and maneuver above the tripod, Captain Helkin. Once that has been eliminated, we can open the ramp and remove the remaining troopers with stun blasts."

I'm assuming the turret is on the bottom of the ship, or at least that the weapons can cover the bottom?

Graybacca
2007-12-16, 08:47 PM
Jon smiles and says, I agree with you Three Dee but first i think we should give them some thing to think about first, Dekar Target the stormtrooper that took cover behind that 1 meter diameter boulder and reduce it to rubble.

lawful_evil
2007-12-17, 07:44 AM
{{ So.. targeting a human sized thing on the ground yields a +12 defense, for a total of Def = 24 on a stormtrooper, more if they have cover(like this one). }}

Jon maneuvers the ship up a bit to give Dekar room to blast the trooper. After half a minute of blasting the area, he can't say if he hit or not as the whole area is in a cloud of dust and debris. 3D-4N reports a lifeform in the cloud and a weapon signature.

Suddenly one of the sensors on 3D-4N's panel lights up and starts beeping. Incoming Missiles! Jon rolls the ship to the side and starts to accelerate out of the way. One the missiles impacts the ship. Caeda is thrown across the room and into the far wall. The shields totally collapse and numerous systems report minor damage(but are still functional). At about the same time, a second missile streaks past the cockpit window.

Shields at 0% (Partak is working on it)
Hull at 77%
3D-4N - Sensors show the second missile is turning to re-engage.
Caeda - Takes 11 VP damage

So.. should Dekar fire at the missile or keep blasting near the stormtroopers?

Graybacca
2007-12-17, 11:57 AM
Realizing that it was mostly a fatal juster, Dekar switch targets take out that missile. At the same time Jon throws the Republic in to a series of evasive maneuver's trying to buy themselves some time.

Pilot: (1d20+12=29) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1431693)

Pilot: (1d20+12=28) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1431696)

Attilargh
2007-12-18, 11:30 AM
Dekar

Dekar's eyes go wide as he sees the second missile. "Oh, sithspit."

The Twi'lek swings the turret around and acting almost purely on instinct, aims the guns at the incoming threat.

{{Shoot the missile, using a Force Point to call upon the Dark Side. Desperate measures, fear leads to cookies, and so on.}}

[roll0] (Nonproficient attack bonus; apply modifiers as necessary.)
[roll1]
[roll2]

Ædit: Oh, for crying out loud. :smallannoyed:

The_Snark
2007-12-18, 03:10 PM
3D-4N

"Second missile is coming about. Estimated 83% flight time remaining. Feeding missile trajectory..." 4N attempts to track the missile's movements, feeding it to both Dekar and Jon's consoles.

Let's see if I can't make at least one Computer Use check in the course of this battle... [roll0], [roll1]

Felistor
2007-12-19, 12:31 AM
Partak Garvaan
"Forget the kriffing stun weapons Jon, let's just disintegrate these barves and get out of here with the goods" the Gotal says between clenched fangs as he struggles with the shield controls.

Computer Use [roll0]

lawful_evil
2007-12-19, 11:01 PM
Jon guns the engines accelerating hard and jinking a bit to throw off the missile. Caeda, who was knocked down the the initial blast, is tossed around some more and whacks her head on the hatchway. From down the hall can be heard the pathetic elephant like screams of the Ortolan passengers.

Dekar fires at the missile in vain as it loops around for another pass leaving a thin white trail of smoke behind it. Jon effort to push the engine succeeds and the ship accelerates from a dead stop up to atmospheric cruising speed(2 squares per turn). 3D-4N feeds him some missile trajectory information that allows him to make a violent maneuver at the last moment and the missile streaks by without destroying the ship. Partak is unable to get the shield generators online long enough to stabilize a field.

Several of the stormtroopers also harass the desparate ship, firing their rifles at it as it attempts to evade the deadly missile. Of course, given the range, armor, and speed of the ship, they had little chance to damage it(and they don't).

Again the captain pushes the engine, but is unable to get them to push the ship beyond attack speed(6 squares per turn). Again Dekar fires, but is unable to get a hit on the missile. Luckily, Partak is able to get the shield online and charged up to 28%. {{ This round, Jon was able to position TNR such that the missile didn't get a chance to strike }}

Partak dumps power into the shields and manipulates the stability matrix to bring the shields up to 56%. Dekar fires at the missile again as Jon brings the ship up to full speed, but again, the small weaving target eludes his skilled hand. 3D-4N feeds Jon the missile location as it streaks up behind the Nerf's Republic. Jon again is forced to make a dramatic weave to try and avoid the missile. This time, to no avail. Not only does the move throw Caeda across the room with a bone cracking crunch, but the missile clips the ship.

The blast again knocks out the shields. Moments later as everyone recovers from the concussion, 3D-4N can report that the hull damage sensors report the hull at 60%. There is quite a bit of smoke, not only on the bridge, but in the main hallway. It doesn't seem to be pouring out of anywhere and may be residual from the attacks and subsequent shield overload.

A quick scan of the stormtroopers shows them standing around watching and they do not seem to be preparing another volley(yet).

{{Your best bet may be to land quickly and turn off the engines(to prevent another missile attack) and then take out the troopers on foot. It takes quite a bit of precision to hit a stormtrooper with a starship weapon. It you have any 'area' weapons they may work too.}}

Caeda is down and unconscious draped over one of the control panels. When someone checks on her and flips her over, they find that aside from the blunt trauma of being tossed around, she was too close to the control panel when it shorted out. She's dead, with broken limbs,ribs, and neck as well as a massive electrical burn in the center of her chest.

Graybacca
2007-12-20, 12:13 AM
Jon quickly set down the ship and just as quickly shuts it down, getting up from his chair and rush over to Caeda, Caeda!!! as he flips her over he quickly realizes that shes dead, and then pulling her broken body close as his as he bows he's head he says Oh, Noooo Caeda?! Oh I'm so sorry, Jon then lapse into silence as he clutches her body and morons here passing, after a few moments you hear, I'll miss you my friend, and May the force be with you always. Jon gently set her down onto the deck, Before getting to his feet, Jon reaches into her robes and into the secret pocket and withdraws a cylindrical object her lightsaber. Once on hes feet he turns to the others and you can see the barely contained rage on his face as he says, We have work to do! Time to Kill those Frackers!!. Jon then heads out of the cockpit as he dose he hangs Caeda lightsaber onto his belt, he then head's strait to hes cabin where he grabs every one of his weapons and then heads to the ramp witch he lowers and descends.

Pilot: (1d20+12=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1436924)

Felistor
2007-12-20, 01:06 AM
Partak Garvaan

As soon as Caeda falls forward the Gotal senses her death and lets out a bestial howl of pain mingled with rage.
Partak had not known Caeda very long at all, but all the time he had been near her he had sensed that she was different. Her feelings came across always as calm, peaceful, and kind -- filled with love for others yet completely serene in her surroundings. He had never known a being whose emotional state felt that way, and now that she was gone he was sure that he never would again.

As the ship lands, Partak turns from the shield console and hits the bulkhead with a hairy fist. "Do either of you gentlebeings have an extra weapon I could borrow?" he asks in a cold and empty tone of voice that somehow sounds even more terrifying than his rage earlier. "Something with power and range greater than that of my blaster pistol?"

Graybacca
2007-12-20, 02:00 AM
Jon anwsers, the only thing i have with greater range is my Merr-Sonn Underslung Rotary lt. repeating Blaster

lawful_evil
2007-12-20, 07:27 AM
The Nerf's Republic dives at the ground, hoping to land before the can fire a missile again. As the ship rapidly descends the stormtroopers have the fists raised in victory. When the ship suddenly levels out and actually lands, their helmeted heads keep swiveling back and forth looking at each other. The two with the missile launcher begin attempting a new launch as Jon sets the ship down just on the other side of a large rocky mass and with 3D-4N's help powers everything off so that there really isn't any signature for the missile to lock on.

The cries of the Ortolan's family can be heard in the hallway mixing the crews feelings of anguish at the loss of one of their members. As Jon gets to the ramp, Mr. Dross joins him. Dross has a few bandages, but seems willing and capable. He also carries his RMD-20 droid. "They know we are coming and will move to take cover and surprise us. This little guy can swoop around behind them and let us know where they are hiding." Once the ramp lowers, the droid swoops out flying in a wide arc around towards the truck. Dross then adds, "Just a few more seconds and we'll have a bird's eye view of the area."

Dross is at 8/12WP, but full VP. He is armed with Soro Suub ELG-3A blaster pistol(range increment 10).

Graybacca
2007-12-20, 12:38 PM
Good idea Dross, and if possible I'd like to catch one of these Frackers alive.

((Merr-Sonn Underslung Rotary lt. repeating Blaster (range increment 30).))

lawful_evil
2007-12-20, 01:14 PM
After about 40 or 50 seconds, Dross holds up his datapad with a rough map of the area and the positions of the 5 stormtroopers. In the meantime, the stormtroopers managed to fire another missile barrage. Without something to lock onto the missiles streak out over the ship, circle once or twice and then crash to the surface in a fiery explosion about 600 meters away.

Datapad :

Elevation changes from the bottom of the ravine are marked in color(with the number of meters difference in the cell. The squares are 2x2 meters(so you can probably move 5 squares(unless you run)).

You exit the Nerf's Republic at X65.

Stormtroopers are shown at (AG42, E33, AI37, F30, and W26)

Moving up in elevation costs a extra movement and maybe a climb check(depending on how steep). Moving down in elevation costs extra movement and maybe a balance check(to avoid falling).

Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/TR1.gif) {FYI : My browser 'scales' it, and I had to zoom in for it too look nice.}

The lowered ramp reveals the valley floor which is strewn with boulders as well as the occasional larger rocks and/or spires. Minimal vegatation can be seen here and there, but nothing that'll provide much in the way of a tactical advantage.

Attilargh
2007-12-20, 02:30 PM
Dekar

Dekar walks to the group, tugging the straps of his blast vest tighter. His face is blank, but his twitching lekku betray some of his agitation as he takes a good look at the datapad. "Huh. Just five. They've got the edge in equipment, but they're spread out. Plenty of cover on the right, I think we could use it."

Graybacca
2007-12-20, 04:08 PM
Looking at the map Jon says, yeah i agree the right side look like are best bet i guess we'll go after the troopers in Grid AG-42 and AJ-37 first and then hit that that trooper in grid W-26 and then we hit those last two on the left. and as we go we take there Equipment and use it against them.

Felistor
2007-12-21, 12:31 AM
Partak Garvaan
"Jon, if you can cover me with that repeater of yours I'll see if I can get to those guys on the right," Partak says as he takes Caeda's DL-44 and sticks it in his belt. "Good luck, and may the Force be with us!"

Initiative: [roll0]

lawful_evil
2007-12-21, 10:33 AM
Jon steps down to provide cover fire as Partak, then Dross, then Dekar, then 3D-4N run from boulder to boulder taking cover where they can. Finally Jon runs along behind them. The team moves to AC63, then AH61, and finally to AI50. Several of Jon's shots get really close, but none manage to strike any of the distant targets. Jon fired off more than a dozen shots with his heavy repeater, but the weapon just isn't very accurate and that darn sniper has cover(which Jon did manage to hit).

The sniper at the top of the hill has more luck firing at the team as they move from position to position. Partak rushes across as the sniper's blaster rifle beams energy at him. Dross is clipped by one of the sniper's shots as he moved from the ship to the first boulder. Dekar is shot at when he exits the ship, but manages to duck at just the right moment. The sniper ignores 3D-4N when he exits the ship and instead fires again at Mr. Dross as he moves towards the alcove(AI50). The shot hits Dross in the chest and he collapses(AI55) face down, his blaster still in his hand. The rest of team continues to harassed by the sniper, but no one else is hit.

Neither the left nor right hand troopers come out shooting at this time. They must be planning some sort of trap.

Initiative Order :

Partak
S3
Dross
Dekar
S4
3D-4N
Jon
S1
S2
S5

Dross :

First Shot : 15 damage ... 0/14 VP and 7/12 WP
Second Shot : 10 damage ... 0/14 VP and -3/12 WP

Partak, Dekar, Jon, and 3D-4N are now ALL at AI50. You can hear a someone whistle, but where the sound originated isn't obvious from your current location.

Graybacca
2007-12-21, 09:17 PM
Keeping Down Jon Moves to (AL- 49) to see if he can get a shot at the trooper in (AG-42)

Attilargh
2007-12-22, 12:47 PM
Dekar

Dekar keeps his head down as he climbs up the rock formation, until he catches a glimpse of a white helmet among the nearest rocks. He crouches down into cover and sets his carbine's sights on the nearest stormtrooper.

{{Move through AJ50 to AJ49, take cover, shoot at S1 unless a clearly better target is present.

[roll0] (I count 16 meters between Dekar and S1, which should not give penalties for range. Apply cover as necessary.)
[roll1]

If Dekar can't get a shot at S1 from AJ49, he instead readies an action to shoot at the first Stormtrooper to completely leave cover or come within 20 feet.}}

Felistor
2007-12-22, 01:04 PM
Partak Garvaan (Round 1)

Drawing a blaster pistol in each hand (DL-44 right hand, S5 left hand), Partak heads over the top of the hill and attempts to get around the first stormtrooper, doing his best to stay behind cover.

Moving from AI-50 to AK-41 with two move actions.

The_Snark
2007-12-22, 07:25 PM
3D-4N

The droid pauses behind the rock as the others begin making their way to the first stormtrooper, activating his internal comlink and trying to send a message to Dross's RMD-20; hopefully, it has a similar communication device. "Spread back around the stormtroopers, and report what targets S-2 and S-4 are doing from there."

Then he follows Partak, moving carefully around and up the slope and positioning himself so that the angle of the hill covers him from the sniper as much as possible.

Moving around and across the hillocks to... AJ-44, I think, which he can reach with a double move if he moves to AJ-50 and then goes straight across the hill.

lawful_evil
2007-12-22, 11:12 PM
Round 1 Resolution

Partak rushes around the hill and as he is about to take up his desired position he realizes he is about to run right through one of the stormtroopers line of fire at a time when the troopers are ready and waiting for a target. Instead of suicide, he moves to the side and takes cover, knowing he can more easily strike from the closer position, later on.

Stormtrooper(S3) moves up and ducks down behind a large boulder.

Dekar hops up the rock pile and takes cover behind the peak. Once in position, he moves to fire at S1, but finds he doesn't have a very clean shot, when he notices S3 crouched behind a boulder and much more visible. Firing, his aim is true and Stormtrooper collapses.

Stormtrooper(S4) rushes across the 'road' and starts to move up along the large hill.

3D-4N hops up the hill, past Dekar, up and over the boulder he is hiding behind, down the other side and up next to Partak. Stormtrooper(S1) is just around the corner, but 3D-4N has some cover.

Jon moves up and takes cover, but is unable to get a clean shot at any targets.

Stormtrooper(S1) leans a bit and takes a shot at 3D-4N, his aim was true, but the blaster bolt clipped the intervening rock formation.

Att 3D-4N (1d20+4(BAB)-4(COVER)=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1441591)

Stormtrooper(S2) circles around, hopeful he can catch the team with the back side undefended.

The sniper(S5) doesn't fire or seem to take any other visible action(no one can see him from their current location).

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/TR2.gif)

{{ Purple Troopers are dead. Post actions for Round 2. }}

Graybacca
2007-12-23, 01:58 AM
Jon moves around to (AI-46) to help cover ThreeDee and Partak

The_Snark
2007-12-23, 03:47 AM
3D-4N

4N ducks away from the shot what would have been a fraction too late if the bolt had struck home. Droids do not have gods; that would be irrational. They function thanks to an incredibly complex system of algorithms, and so, they believe (if that word can be used of them) does the rest of the universe. They don't believe in luck, either; anything can be calculated and predicted if all the data is possessed.

Most unfortunately, that leaves 3D-4N with nothing to curse for placing him in the line of fire. He was never, the droid thinks with a tinge of annoyance, meant for combat. Sitting about and exchnging potshots with a trooper while the others outflank them all does not appeal to him.

The droid moves up the slope again, steadying himself against a rock face and leaning outwards to fire a shot downwards at the stormtrooper.

Move up to AH-44, then to AH-43, which ought to deprive the stormtrooper of cover while keeping it for 4N. Attack [roll0], damage [roll1].

Attilargh
2007-12-27, 09:05 AM
Dekar keeps his eyes peeled for a shot at the nearest Stormtrooper, trigger finger twitching.

{{Ready an action to shoot at S1 if a good shot can be taken. Not going to move, the place is too good.}}

[roll0]
[roll1]

lawful_evil
2007-12-29, 02:21 PM
Round 2

Partak moves around the edge of the rock outcropping and once in the clear, take his shot, firing his blaster at the stormtrooper. His shot misses but the stormtrooper comes into Dekar's view. He fires and his shot clips the stormtrooper's helmet. The trooper staggers backward out of view again. 3D-4N hobbles up the side of the hill, blocking Dekars line of fire, and begins shooting the trooper himself. His shot knocks the trooper down, permanently.

Jon moves up behind Partak and 3D-4N and readies himself to shoot at any stormtroopers he sees pop out. Suddenly, across the valley he sees a stormtrooper(S2) dash across between a couple boulders, trying to flank the team. He opens up with his rotary blaster and clips the trooper. The trooper collapses on the spot.

The other two troopers(S4 and S3) do not make any visible actions, but the recon drone reports their current positions to everyone's datapad.

Rolls:

Partak - Shoot S1 (1d20+4=8, 3d8=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1447615/)
Jon - Shoot S2 (1d20-4=12, 3d8+3=14, 1d20-4=7, 3d8+3=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1447625/)

S1 : -5/12 WP
S2 : 1/12 WP(KO'd)

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/TR3.gif)

{{ Purple Troopers are dead(S1 and S3). Post actions for Round 3. }}

Graybacca
2007-12-29, 02:36 PM
Jon moves to (AD-46) to get in position to intercept S4 but he keeps an eye on S2.

Felistor
2007-12-31, 09:39 AM
Partak Garvaan

Partak moves to the dead stormtrooper (S1) and picks up his blaster rifle.

Attilargh
2007-12-31, 12:30 PM
Dekar

Dekar dashes across the clearing between the two rock formations and takes cover near Jon.

{{Double move to AE45.}}

The_Snark
2007-12-31, 02:52 PM
3D-4N

4N moves carefully back and up the slope, trying to keep low as he moves and eventually dropping to a metal knee behind a low outcropping.

Double move to AD-41, which he can do if he moves down a space first so that he doesn't have to make Climb checks. He'll drop to a kneeling position once he's there in hopes of getting better cover.

lawful_evil
2007-12-31, 04:09 PM
Round 3

Partak moves over and grabs the blaster rifle from the fallen trooper. Dekar climbs up and over the top of his small hill. As he moves to jump down the far side and move to the base of the next hill, the sniper fires. The shot is extremely close and Dekar is forced to dive down the otherside. He then scurries across the gap and starts up the opposite slope.

{{ Dekar takes 16 VP damage }}

3D-4N hops down and slinks around past Dekar and then climbs up into a little alcove, keeping down as much as possible so the sniper doesn't blast him too. One of the stormtroopers(S4), upon seeing 3D-4N slink up the hill, flanks around and takes cover. Jon flanks around to intercept a stormtrooper(S4), but doesn't see him in his new position.

{{ Don't forget to update your character sheets with new equipment }}

S2 : 1/12 WP(KO'd till round 6)
Dekar : 3/20 VP

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/TR4.gif)
{{ Purple Troopers are dead(S1 and S3). Post actions for Round 4. }}

Graybacca
2007-12-31, 06:52 PM
Jon moves over to (V-46) weapon held ready

Felistor
2008-01-01, 03:10 AM
Partak climbs to the top of the rise next to 4N, and drops prone.

Climb check (if necessary) [roll0]

The_Snark
2008-01-02, 05:13 PM
3D-4N

4N squeezes off a shot, more to convince the sniper to keep his head down than to actually dissuade him, and rises, timing it so that he isn't exposed until just after the sniper fires a shot.

Attack [roll0], likely with large range penalty. Damage in case of a really lucky shot: [roll1]. Then 4N delays, rising again immediately after the sniper fires a shot for the round.

Attilargh
2008-01-03, 08:44 AM
Dekar

"Okay, he's not bad shot. Best I'll not do that again." Dekar says to Jon as he huddles into the cover and again patiently waits for a target to pop up.

{{Crouch for cover. Ready to shoot at S4 if he comes out of cover and a square closer.

[roll0]
[roll1]}}

lawful_evil
2008-01-03, 04:10 PM
Round 4

Partak moves up and tries to up the adjacent rise, but struggles and finally is unable to make it up. He does manage to climb up a little bit, but is unable to get any further.

Dekar readies himself in case the stormtrooper sticks his head out. 3D-4N pops up to fire at the sniper and the sniper fires at him. Neither shot hits its target.

Jon hussles over to the small rise only to find himself face to face with a stormtrooper. The trooper, as startled as Jon is, fires, but misses, his shot impacting the intervening rocks. As he shot, he stumbled backwards from Jon, to get a bit more cover. As he ducks into his new position Dekar fires at him as well, but his shot wasn't even close.

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/TR5.gif)

{{ Purple Troopers are dead(S1 and S3). Post actions for Round 5. }}

Graybacca
2008-01-03, 10:46 PM
Jon draws his heavy blaster pistol and leans out from his cover and fires at trooper(S4) before ducking back behind cover.

Attack: (1d20+4=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1450973/)
Damage: (3d8=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1450976/)

Attilargh
2008-01-04, 01:05 PM
Dekar

Dekar moves toward the Stormtrooper, carefully keeping a bunch of rocks between his head and the sniper. As he reaches level ground, he sprints sideways to get a shot at the Imperial trooper.

{{Move to AE43, shoot at S4, pray he won't be in condition to fire back.

[roll0]
[roll1]}}

Felistor
2008-01-04, 03:39 PM
Partak Garvaan

Gritting his teeth and digging in his claws, the Gotal struggles to climb the rest of the way up the hill.

If he can get as far as AD40 he will, otherwise he will settle for AE43.
In either case he will drop prone at the end of his turn (but not if he is still on this side of the hill).
Climb checks (if you need some):
[roll0]; [roll1]

lawful_evil
2008-01-04, 05:26 PM
Round 5

Partak manages to scramble up the rocky face this time and gets into his desired position(AD40), which places him very exposed, but on top of the hill right in the way of 3D-4N. Partak drops prone to get some cover and readies himself for his next action.

The sniper decides to put Partak out of his misery, but the shot hits the ground right in front of Partak kicking debris up into his face.

Dekar leans over and fires at the stormtrooper(S4). This time he manages to hit the trooper in the side, but the trooper continues to fight through the pain and remains standing.

3D-4N pops up and fires his blaster at the sniper. The shot is real close, but impacts the trooper's cover causing the trooper to duck down suddenly, preventing another shot.

After taking the shot from Dekar the ground level stormtrooper circles around a bit to get some cover from Dekar and fires at Captain Jon. His shot is true but Jon is able to quickly step aside and allow the shot to glance off him.

Jon fires back, easily striking the trooper, dropping him to the ground.

DM Rolls :

Attack S5: 1D20+3-2-4 = [12]+3-2-4 = 9 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3914)
Kill Jon!: 3D8 = [6, 2, 8] = 16 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3915)

Tally :

S3 : Dead
S4 : -3/12 WP
S5 : 12/12 WP
Jon : 6/22 VP

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/TR6.gif)

Graybacca
2008-01-04, 07:15 PM
Jon holster his pistol and climbs on the rock in front of him to (V-44), Jon then lifts up his Merr-Sonn Underslung Rotary light repeating Blaster and leans up against the rock in front of him to steady his shots and then opens fire.

Attack: (1d20+0=18, 1d20+0=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1451901/)
3d8+3=14, 3d8+3=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1451903/)

Felistor
2008-01-05, 01:11 PM
Partak Garvaan

Partak begins laying down suppressive fire on the sniper's location.

[roll0] (Success)
I'm not sure if you are familiar with the rules for suppressive fire, so they are found on page 134 of the Hero's Guide and page 33 of the FAQ. Basically he suffers -1 to attacks, provokes attacks of opportunity when he makes an attack, and Partak is considered to be threatening a 10x10 square surrounding him with his blaster rifle.

Attilargh
2008-01-05, 04:38 PM
Dekar

As Partak lays down covering fire, Dekar sprints across the open ground to the base of the large rock formation in the middle, pressing his back against the biggest rocks he can find.

{{Run to V32.}}

The_Snark
2008-01-06, 12:04 AM
3D-4N

Taking advantage of Partak's covering fire, 4N pops up again to take another potshot at the trooper. Not an optimum solution, but moving closer is too high a risk, as it would completely expose him to return fire while failing to deprive the sniper of his position; the trooper had picked a good spot. Hopefully, the droid thinks, their superior numbers will give them enough of an advantage to counter it.

Well, I can hope. [roll0] before range penalties, damage [roll1]

lawful_evil
2008-01-06, 11:18 AM
Round 6

Partak opens up firing aggressively at the top of the nearby hill in order to keep the sniper at bay. The tactic seems to work as the sniper doesn't poke his head up(although he does change locations). Dekar takes advantage of the opportunity and sprints across the open rocky ground to the base of the hill.

3D-4N keeps his visual sensors applied to the hill, but does not locate the stormtrooper and thus is denied a chance to fire. Jon hauls himself up the nearby hill, but it unable to get the weapon engaged in time to take a shot(Full round action to use multifire and he couldn't see a target).

The stormtrooper on the far side of the valley(S2), wakes up, grabs his blaster and without standing, shoots Jon. The shot is true and strikes him, burning a hole in his flight suit. Jon is able to fight through the pain and keep going.

DM Rolls :

Shoot Jon: 1D20+4-2 = [18]+4-2-2 = 18 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3922)
Kill Jon: 3D8 = [8, 4, 1] = 13 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3923)
Not be KO'd: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3924)

Tally :

S2 : 1/12 WP
S5 : 12/12 WP
Jon : 0/22 VP, 5/14 WP (fatigued)

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/TR7.gif)

Graybacca
2008-01-06, 11:45 AM
Jon spin around and fires on the trooper (S2)

1d20+0=20, 1d20+0=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1452897/)
3d8+3=17, 3d8+3=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1452898/)

Felistor
2008-01-07, 01:16 AM
Partak Garvaan

Crawling forward slightly, Partak reserves an action to shoot at the sniper if he reappears.

Don't have the book with me at the moment, but I'm moving toward the sniper as far as a move action while prone can take me.

The_Snark
2008-01-07, 01:50 AM
3D-4N

4N moves down the slope and towards the sniper; if he wouldn't come out—quite sensible given their numbers—they would have to flush him out, before he retreated to the hovertruck. He relies on Partak's more cautious approach to cover him, moving methodically in the most efficient path down the slope and towards the hill.

Double move to AE-35.

Attilargh
2008-01-08, 10:08 AM
Dekar

Mm, that guy's too far. I hope Jon can handle him, Dekar thinks as he looks back. He starts slowly climbing the rocks upwards to catch the sniper.

{{Double move to S30.}}

lawful_evil
2008-01-08, 08:19 PM
Final Round

Partak slinks forward to the edge of the rock he is on and aims off towards where the sniper should be.

The sniper, from his new lower position(on the far left side of the hill), fires at Jon, and would have hit, were it not for the large rock that Jon is standing behind. Seeing his shot, miss, the trooper moves back toward the truck and the missile launcher. Partak, however, is ready for him and fires the stormtrooper's rifle at the sniper. His shot just clips the trooper sending him tumbling down the rocks to the valley floor. Dekar sneaks up the rock face towards the sniper, putting himself in great peril(if the sniper isn't dead).

3D-4N hops up and moves forward to the base of the hill closest to the truck. Jon ignores the blast from the sniper and takes out the stormtrooper to his left before it could manage to take cover or flank the team.

DM Rolls :

Kill Jon!: 1D20+5-2-4 = [5]+5-2-4 = 12 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3937)

Tally

S2 : Dead
S5 : 0/12 WP, KO'd
Jon : 0/22 VP, 5/14 WP (fatigued)

{{ You seem to have gotten them all. Could be more in the truck though. I'll calc XP and post it OOC later today. You'll have enough to make level 3, so go ahead and start working on those updates.}}

Graybacca
2008-01-09, 12:32 PM
Jon sore from the hits he gets up and heads toward the rest of the group and the truck.

The_Snark
2008-01-09, 01:04 PM
3D-4N

4N immediately turns about, perfectly glad to have the threat removed without his aid, and goes to administer first aid to Dross, if he is still alive. Much to his regret, he has no medical programming at the moment. "If there is a first aid kit aboard ship," he calls to the others, "we should get it out."

Felistor
2008-01-10, 10:22 AM
Partak grimly heads over to each of the fallen stormtroopers and searches them for power packs, grenades, and explosives before making sure they are all dead.
He also takes the commlinks from each of their helmets, and when he finds a functional one he listens to see if there is any Imperial comm traffic they should be aware of.

Coup-de-grace to each with the stormtrooper rifle.

Attilargh
2008-01-10, 11:41 AM
Dekar

Dekar walks to the sniper, picks up his weapon, and shoots him with it. ...And that's for trying to ventilate me. He then carefully sneaks around the rocks to see if there are any more troopers hiding in the truck.

{{Following Felistor's example, coup de grace. Was the sharpshooter using a normal E-11, or something more exotic?}}

Graybacca
2008-01-10, 06:02 PM
If Jon gets close enough to stop Dekar from killing the Sniper Jon Yells, he's mine! Jon comes up to the sniper and Takes Caeda lightsaber off his belt and ignites and says, And this is for Ceada!! as he chops the troopers head from his body.

((Also Following Felistor's example, coup de grace.))

lawful_evil
2008-01-10, 06:14 PM
3D-4N takes a look at Dross and is unable to determine his medical status, however, wishing to help, he rushes off to the ship to obtain the medical kit. Once he returns the rest of the crew is able to sadly inform him that Dross is dead.

Partak and Dekar finish of the couple stormtroopers who, technically, survived the battle and collect up the comm equipment and weapons. Jon makes his dramatic move to finish off the sniper, who killed his 'wife'. The only comm traffic is the static and pulsing of the jammer. The stormtrooper each had a Blaster Rifle, Commlink, Utility Belt, and Frag Grenade in addition to their armored uniform.

Sneaking around the rocks to the vehicle, the team discovers the truck is devoid of life. The truck driver, a civilian, was a Selonian and was either killed by the Stormtroopers or by the attack on the truck.

The expected cargo containers are in the truck and seem to be intact. A hover dolly is available to move the cargo, though it would be faster if the starship was moved a bit closer. The portable missile launcher has one more pair of missiles available(should anyone wish to load and fire it).

Graybacca
2008-01-10, 07:34 PM
Satisfied Jon deactivates the saber and returns it to his belt, he'll take one each of the Blaster Rifle, Comm-link, Utility Belt, and Frag Grenade, and armor before he goes and moves the Republic Closer to the truck so they can load the cargo.

lawful_evil
2008-01-14, 08:19 AM
Jon grabs some spare gear from the downed troopers, leaving their bodies strewn across the valley. He moves the ship closer so the cargo need only be moved a few meters, which can easily be accomplished using the hover dolly in the back of the truck.

The cargo transfer only takes 5-10 minutes and then everything is secure inside The Nerf's Republic.

When Jon gets back onto the bridge he discovers incoming TIE fighters. They are still to far to sense, but he can detect their transmissions. They seem to headed right for the ship and its jammer. Based on the signal power, they are probably still about 85 km away.

Graybacca
2008-01-14, 02:01 PM
Seeing the TIEs Jon Exclaims Frack nothing is ever easy. Rushing Jon quickly shut down the jammier and get on his com-link and yells every on get aboard we Have TIES incoming.

Attilargh
2008-01-16, 01:26 PM
Dekar

"This was easy?" Dekar asks incredulously before he rushes in and straps himself onto the gunner's seat.

Felistor
2008-01-16, 01:55 PM
Partak Garvaan

With Caeda dead, Partak takes the copilot's seat.
"I hate to distract from the battle at hand, but why in the name of the fiery rings of Fornax are we leaving the bodies??!!"

Graybacca
2008-01-19, 12:46 AM
Because in the time it would take to recover the dead those TIE's would be on top of use and we would have no chance, at least in the air we have a fighting chance. Jon then reactivates the jammier as he takes lifts the republic off the ground.

lawful_evil
2008-01-19, 06:09 AM
Run Away!

{{ Jammer already active }}

The Nerf's Republic lifts off and flying low heads into the mountains. Once several km away from the truck, 3D-4N checks the sensors again. The sensor show the TIE fighters alter course to follow. They must be tracking and homing in on the ship somehow.

Jon can tell, bases on the speed of the TIEs that he has no chance to out run them, but might be able to lose them in the mountains if he can figure out how they are tracking him before they get in visual range.

The_Snark
2008-01-19, 02:39 PM
3D-4N

"Captain, they may be picking up the jamming field and triangulating to find our approximate location. I reccomend we deactivate the jammer, and check the cargo for homing devices." He looks to Dekar, whose role as gunner is not necessary at the moment, and hopefully will remain so.

If the field doesn't work like that, let me know.

Graybacca
2008-01-19, 09:13 PM
We can't risk shutting the jammier down , but i do think your right about the cargo having a tracking device in it, there just no way those TIE's could have know they were in trouble unless they were dispatched to find out why they stopped, you or Garvaan are going to have to go check the cargo out see if you can find the device.

lawful_evil
2008-01-20, 05:36 AM
Raspberry

Partak and 3D-4N head back to check on the cargo. They quickly find that the handheld scanners are also being jammed by the jammer. One by one, they pop open the various crates but don't see any obvious homing devices, but without spending a great deal of time emptying each of the containers, it is impossible to tell if a homing device is hidden in the bottom. Or course with the jamming field in place, there is little chance that the homing device's signal is even getting off the ship.

Attilargh
2008-01-20, 12:36 PM
Dekar

"We could just shoot 'em down, y'know," Dekar calls out. "Keep the jammer on so they won't report us to anyone, and switch it off after we're done."

The_Snark
2008-01-21, 05:19 PM
3D-4N

4N returns to the main cabin. "Captain Helkin, I must reccomend we turn off the jammer. If there is a tracking device, the jammer woud be blocking its signal. And even a TIE onboard computer could calculate the center of the jamming effect, with only 3 points of reference."

Graybacca
2008-01-21, 10:18 PM
Dekar start shooting then up, three-Dee shut down the jammier, meanwhile Jon tries to maneuver the republic so Dekar has a better shot

Felistor
2008-01-22, 02:13 AM
Partak fiddles with the sensors, attempting to give Dekar a firing solution on the nearest TIE.

Computer Use: [roll0]

The_Snark
2008-01-22, 02:23 AM
3D-4N

"Captain, this is an either/or situation. If we want to fight, we keep the jammer on so they don't radio in our position—or worse, our identity. If we want to elude them, we turn it off so they can't track us."

"Myself, I reccomend flight. Engaging military starfighters in a damaged ship is inadvisable, particularly when they have backup and we do not."

Graybacca
2008-01-22, 11:23 AM
OK Three Dee your right shut the jammier off, Dekar Belay my last order and every one hold on, Jon then take the republic down to the Deck as far a s he dares and then some.

1d20+14=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1469363/)
1d20+14=33 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1469366/)

lawful_evil
2008-01-22, 05:38 PM
Once the jammer is off, the captain dives for the deck to obscure the ship behind the hills. Soon enough he beings weaving back and forth between the hill and rock outcroppings.

Meanwhile, Partak and 3D-4N sweep the cargo bay again for any homing beacons. The easily find a crudely hidden device. Based on the dust and everything else, it looks like the device was planted very recently, perhaps by the stormtroopers, although it could have been planted prior to the shipment leaving.

The device is easily deactivated. Jon continues to weave and keep low, but nothing more is seen of the TIE fighters. Several hours later, The Nerf's Republic arrives at the Della Ranch.

Graybacca
2008-01-22, 09:17 PM
Once Jon lands The Nerf's Republic at the Della Ranch, Jon puts the Republic in to stand by mode he then lower the ramp and descends it and await the arrival of the Della's.

lawful_evil
2008-01-23, 06:42 PM
The Della ranch is quite busy when The Nerf's Republic sets down again. Dozens of farm hands are out in the pastures dealing with the animals.

Soon enough, a pair of cargo lifters roll out of the nearby warehouse and start rolling very slowly towards the ship. Walking along the side of them is an Ortolan, perhaps the younger Della you met earlier.

The_Snark
2008-01-23, 07:12 PM
3D-4N

As he exits the ship, the droid promises himself that soon, he'll purchase an improved facial recognition program. Or perhaps a holorecorder—his own recognition programs were perfectly fine, but they weren't equipped to handle Ortolans, or any number of slightly less common alien races. "Your cargo, Mr. Della?"

lawful_evil
2008-01-25, 04:56 PM
The younger Mr. Della strides up along side the cargo loader. He looks around at the ship and the crew and snorts, causing ripples up and down his trunk. He says, "You fly in that? You seemed like you had more sense then to fly around in a old busted up freighter." Turning away from the ship, he adds, "Told you that would be painless. Where are the boxes? We should get the unloaded while the Destroyer is on the far side."

The_Snark
2008-01-25, 05:55 PM
3D-4N

"In the cargo hold," 4N answers; it's best they offload as soon as possible. "But Mr. Della, a word of advice..." He lowers his voice to make it difficult for anyone not close to them to hear. "A battle is rarely 'painless', hmmm? You would be well advised to be more tactful."

Graybacca
2008-01-25, 06:10 PM
Three Dee's words come Meir moments before Jon explodes in anger, You Frakcing ungrateful Mir'osik! my ship was not messed up until i took this job from you, On top of that i lost two of my crew one of them My Wife!, because no one bothered to mentioned that they had a mobile missile launcher, So your not unloading my ship until you tell me why it was so important that i recover this cargo for you while Jon is yelling he without thinking pulls ceada's lightsaber out his thumb hovering over the activation switch.

lawful_evil
2008-01-25, 08:56 PM
The younger Ortolan steps back, totally taken off guard by the man's harsh words and actions, "My apologies. I didn't know. Our intelligence indicated the cargo would be nearly unguarded. It was not our intentions to kill two of your crew and certainly not your wife."

The man waddles forward a step and bows his head, "I understand if you wish to keep the cargo as tribute or in memory of your lost friends, but I would ask the you consider where it might by of more use."

Graybacca
2008-01-26, 04:41 PM
Fine!!, Take your Dam cargo, and then get the hell off my ship, with that Jon spins around and storms up the ramp and into his cabin.

lawful_evil
2008-01-27, 07:18 AM
With a wave of his hand and a swish of his trunk, the young Ortolan commands the lifter crew to get to work. With the exact right equipment on hand, it only takes two minutes to unload the cargo.

Once the cargo is off and on the platform near the ship, the crew begins slowly hauling back to the warehouse. The young Mr. Della stands by hopeful, that the captain will have calmed down a bit and be willing to continue the discussions.

Graybacca
2008-01-27, 09:46 AM
It takes Jon over a half an hour to calm down before he exits his cabin and goes out side.

The_Snark
2008-01-29, 02:06 AM
3D-4N

"The sentiment is appreciated," 4N says, his red eye glinting discomfitingly, "but I am afraid material compensation is not much of a comfort." He removes himself inside for most of the actual loading, emerging when he sees the captain readying himself to go outside.

"So, Mr. Della, have you further considered our offer of assistance?"

Felistor
2008-01-29, 02:17 PM
Partak Garvaan

Alone in the cockpit Partak pulls out his mini-datapad and scrolls through the list of bounties being offered by the Imperials. He finds the entry he was looking for, and looks at it for a good minute, his eyes dark smoldering coals.

"Eebanee Della / 1200 credits / Ortolan / Separatist / Dead or Alive"

He then powers down his datapad and goes to look for either Dekar or Jon.

lawful_evil
2008-01-29, 05:26 PM
The younger Della carefully observes the droid while waiting for the captain, adding only, "I do not believe I could convince the whole clan to flee." The Ortolan looks around at the battered starship and adds, "Nor do I believe you have the capacity to carry us all. What is you plan to get us away from here and to the Rebel Alliance?"

The_Snark
2008-01-30, 05:06 AM
3D-4N

"There are set rendezvous times at which we can ferry you to other Alliance ships outside the system, but you understand we wish to minimize the number of trips we need to make. Bounty hunters leaving the system and returning too often might attract the wrong sort of attention."

"As for transport, I do not think we ever planned to take your entire family. All actively wanted relatives should be aboard, of course, along with any other dissidents who are not yet on Imperial lists, and I suppose we are willing to take several others if necessary." The droid tilts his head. "We have no desire to split your clan, of course, but our space is rather limited."

lawful_evil
2008-01-30, 11:13 AM
The Ortolan, looks up at the droid and says, "If you didn't intend to bring the whole clan you must have specific individuals in mind. Who exactly does the Alliance want?"

Graybacca
2008-01-30, 11:42 AM
Where looking for Eebanee Della a known Separatist and wanted Dead or Alive by the empire, we'll get him to safety as lone as he's willing to continue to oppose the empire in the name of the alliance

Attilargh
2008-01-30, 11:50 AM
Dekar

Dekar is pulling his armour off as he sees Partak. "You look like you're looking for someone," he says. "Going by your face, I'm kinda hoping it's not me, either. You all right?"

Felistor
2008-01-30, 04:05 PM
Partak Garvaan

The Gotal eyes the Twi'lek carefully, reading his emotional state. "I've got a rather personal question. How committed are you to helping these blue barves? The way I see it they aren't members of the Alliance, they are local troublemakers who think no more highly of us than they do the Imperials. They've killed Byalid, Caeda, and Dross, and I have no doubt that the little Hutts would sell out the rest of us in a minute if it helped them turn a profit."

lawful_evil
2008-01-30, 08:12 PM
The Ortolan raises a fat blue eyebrow and says, "Eebanee? Well, there are two of those I know of. My father, and my step second cousin-in-law. You must be looking for Dad. I doubt you'll get him to go with you, though it might be better for us if he did." The Ortolan turns and looks back at the compound, obviously planning something, then adds, "By the way, we're going to need the Jammer back too."

After twisting his trunk around for a bit, the Ortolan says, "Well, he is willing to keep fighting, but I think he prefer to fight the Imperials here. If you want to bring him to the Alliance, you'll have to use force." The Ortolan turns to Jon and says, "Oh, I won't try to stop you and I'll order the men not to try to stop you, but you'll have to stun him and drag him off, otherwise, he won't go."

Attilargh
2008-01-31, 09:55 AM
Dekar

"So you're thinking we sell them out in turn? Can't say I don't like the idea." The corner of Dekar's mouth rises up very slightly, but he shakes his head. "But I don't think it'd be worth it. Think about it. How come the Imps haven't raided this place already? They're furry little Hutts, and I bet in more ways than one."

Felistor
2008-02-04, 02:41 PM
Partak Garvaan

"So you're thinking we sell them out in turn? Can't say I don't like the idea." The corner of Dekar's mouth rises up very slightly, but he shakes his head. "But I don't think it'd be worth it. Think about it. How come the Imps haven't raided this place already? They're furry little Hutts, and I bet in more ways than one."

"You have a good point. Still, keep your eyes open and your blaster clean. If I get a chance at settling scores I'm taking it and I'd appreciate any backup you can give."

Graybacca
2008-02-07, 07:44 PM
Fine you want the jammier back have your techs take it off because I'm going to be to busy with the repairs to my ship that you and your family's mission caused, and as for taking your father with us by force, my answer in NO!!!, As far as I'm concerned you all can stay here and just rot, i hope the empire comes and burns this place to the ground and all of you with it!!.

The_Snark
2008-02-07, 08:10 PM
3D-4N

"Mr. Della, please," the droid intercedes smoothly, "you understand we have already taken a significant number of risks to accomplish this, and getting your father out of the system would entail yet more risks. Doing so for the sake of somebody unwilling to make even such a small concession as relocating, who might not be so eager to assist us as you say once he wakes up... is not something we can easily rationalize, to ourselves or our superiors. You understand?"

lawful_evil
2008-02-08, 08:35 PM
The younger Della steps back a step or two when the Captain vents. The Ortolan steps aside slightly to be closer to the droid and further from the captain and says to the droid, "Small concession? My father was born here. He doesn't care what the Empire does to the Wookies. We've never even seen a Wookie. These are his people. These are the only people that he cares about."

The small Ortolan gestures with his stubby arm towards the pens and says, "You would as him to leave everything he cares about, and everyone he cares about here for the Empire to torture and kill while he is off fighting for the freedom of some other race or on behalf of some poorly thought through organization?"

The Ortolan turns back to the droid and suggests, "Take him if you want him. He won't go quietly. Otherwise, you'll have to move on to someone else on the Rebel's list. There are plenty of people who've already lost everything and have nothing left here to stay for."

The Ortolan offers the droid a slip of cragrat hide with some writing on the back. It appears to be a set of geodetic coordinates and a time. "If you want to meet some of the others, they will meet you there and then." He taps something into his datapad and several droid start walking toward the ship. As he turns to leave he says, "They will remove the jammer. Thank you. I'm sorry."

Graybacca
2008-02-08, 10:57 PM
Your welcome and I'm also sorry for my out burst if you don't mined I'd like to spend some time here to make some repairs, also I'd like to request some wood so that i may make two funeral pries so that we may honor are dead.

Attilargh
2008-02-09, 12:47 PM
Dekar

"You have a good point. Still, keep your eyes open and your blaster clean. If I get a chance at settling scores I'm taking it and I'd appreciate any backup you can give."
"Hey, have I ever let you down? C'mon, I need some fresh air and to see if Jon has got us into trouble yet." Dekar twitches a lek towards the exit and saunters off.

The_Snark
2008-02-11, 09:47 PM
3D-4N

4N takes the slip of hide and studies it, committing the numbers to memory. "Thank you, Mr. Della. We will further discuss your father's case aboard ship, and contact you with our decision. You might put it to your father that the Empire cannot possibly be kept away from this planet by this planet alone; if he wishes to really accomplish anything, it is in his best interests to seek out outside aid, even if it means leaving for a time. And by staying here, he is placing the rest of his family in danger; sooner or later, a bounty hunter will get lucky."

lawful_evil
2008-02-12, 06:35 AM
The droids uninstall the Jammer and haul it away. The younger Della nods at 3D-4N and says, "I will talk with him, but I know my father. My grandmother used to say that he is half Bull Elephant and half Pig, because if he wasn't being bull-headed, he was being pig-headed."

The younger Della walks off escorting the droids and the Jammer. They take it to a nearby hangar.

Graybacca
2008-02-12, 11:42 AM
Once the younger Della walks off, Jon says come with me Three-Dee you can help me with the Battle damage assessment. As the move around the Republic assessing the damage done, Jon asks, so what was on the hide and how long do we have before we have to leave.

Knowledge (Starship Systems) for battle assessment. (1d20+5=24) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1490590/)
Repair for battle assessment. (1d20+7=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1490592/)
Repair for battle assessment. (1d20+7=27) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1490593/)

lawful_evil
2008-02-12, 05:20 PM
It only takes a minute or so to find the massive hole in the side of the ship where the missile struck it. Jon gets to work on the repairs, but it still takes 2 hours to re-bend the twisted metal back into place and seal it shut with the molecular binder. Not to mention repairing all the electrical/computer cables and wiring which were severed by the explosion. Nearly as good as new, although it'll need a good cleaning and a coat of paint.

While the captain works a trio of cragrats have taking to barking and yipping at the fence nearby. They must smell something inside the ship that they want.

Graybacca
2008-02-16, 11:33 AM
Jon head on inside the ship and continues to do the repairs once hes finished he checks on the passengers and apologizes for the ruff ride and that they have one more meeting to go to and then they'll head for the rondaview point. Once he done that he heads to the cockpit and lifts the ship off and heads for the meeting.

The_Snark
2008-02-20, 07:30 AM
3D-4N

4N assists in the repairs for a while, checking the time and location of the rendezvous the younger Della gave him to see how much time there will be between then and now. As the Captain returns to the cabin, 4N addresses him. "If we leave Eebanee Della here, Captain Helkin, I do not think we should stay on the planet much longer. He is a security risk; if another bounty hunter, or the Empire, captures him, and they are hardly hidden, they will know about us."

Graybacca
2008-02-21, 06:32 PM
I think you right Three Dee, lets go make this meeting and then we can beet feet back to the alliance and get paid for this dam mess.

lawful_evil
2008-02-22, 07:41 PM
With the ship fully repaired, the Captain fires her up and takes her out for a spin. Flying low and fast away from the ranch, the captain is able to squeeze a little enjoyment out of the flight. After 20 minutes or so, it is obvious he isn't making much progress toward the coordinates flying this low and weaving so much. He punches it up and take the ship up above the mountains into the wispy clouds.

As the ship starts to get close, Jon descends and heads down towards a nearby settlement. Once in close to the settlement, he veers off towards the meeting coordinates, keeping the ship low and running the sensors at the maximum to make sure no one is following him.

The ship arrives at the location about 6 minutes early. The meeting location is deep in a valley between several mountains. This particular valley also has some geothermal vents which bubble up warm water and various gasses. The center of the valley, where the meeting is to take place, is in the middle of a swamp formed from all this volcanic water and energy. The air is misty and visibility is low(4-5 meters). The ground looks squishy in places and probably quite muddy and/or slippery.

As Jon sets the ship down, the engines create a temporary gap in the mist, allowing the team to see that no one is waiting for them.

Graybacca
2008-02-22, 10:19 PM
Hm. no one here well we are Early so I'm going to lower the the ramp and wait for 20 minuet if know one show up after that we're space word bound for home. Jon then gets up and heads for the ramp but first he heads to his cabin and picks up his Merr-Sonn Underslung Rotary lt. repeating Blaster before heading out side to wait.

lawful_evil
2008-02-23, 11:20 AM
Jon steps down in the mist and quickly discovers that the smell is overwhelming. Sulfur, rotten eggs, whatever it is... whoo! The swamp also makes a constant bubble and gurgle type of noise, as if you were within some beasts massive stomach.

Felistor
2008-02-25, 10:11 AM
Partak Garvaan

Partak follows, blaster rifle held at the ready, and wrinkles his nose at the putrid stench.

The_Snark
2008-02-25, 04:15 PM
3D-4N

4N follows, running possible explanations for the lack of anybody meeting them through his processors. Potential explanation: Simple delay. High probability. Potential explanation: The capture of some or all of the participants. Potentially dangerous if they have revealed the meeting's location. Potential explanation: Deception on the part of Mr. Della. It is possible that in encouraging us to take his father away, he was in fact making a play for control of the company; in this case, the entire meeting may be a trap. Potentially extremely dangerous; probability cannot be discounted. The droid does not have his blaster in hand, but it is stowed within his hidden storage compartment, ready to use if he requires it—or ready to keep concealed in the event that this was a trap.

lawful_evil
2008-02-25, 08:30 PM
The crew members wait and wait. A minute or so before the scheduled meeting time, the crew can hear a ground vehicle approaching. It sounds big and is making a fair bit of noise as the slogs through the stinky muck.

Suddenly it emerges from the mist, but isn't what you expect at all. It isn't even a hover vehicle. It some sort of armored truck with oval metal tracks instead of wheels. It rolls up and stops. After a moment, the weapons on the armored vehicle point away from the group and everyone(except 3D-4N) exhales.

A hatch opens on the top of the device and a Morseerian man and a Selonian woman climb up and out of the hatch. The Morseerian has a blaster pistol on his hip and carries three small bug scanners in his arms. The Selonian woman calls out, "Welcome Friends. We are sorry if it dishonors you, but our rules require you to be scanned for tracking devices. We hope you will submit." The Mooseerian man holds up the three scanners, prepared to scan the team and their ship, should they get approval.

Graybacca
2008-02-25, 09:21 PM
certainly, Jon summits to the scanning.

The_Snark
2008-02-26, 05:07 AM
3D-4N

"Quite reasonable." 4N gives his assent to being scanned. The presence of a tracked vehicle was a good sign; rebels would want to avoid giving off a distinctive repulsorlift whine if they could manage it. If it was a deception, it was an elaborate, well-thought out one.

lawful_evil
2008-02-26, 09:15 PM
The Morseerian smiles and approaches the team. He waves the devices up and down and around each person. As he finishes with each person, he smiles and nods at them. The woman says, "If you will pardon the continued intrusion, he must now scan your ship. Perhaps the Captain will do him the honor of escorting him around. It should only take a minute and then we can leave this smell behind us."

The Morseerian moves towards the entrance to the ship, but steps aside at the last moment to allow the captain, or designee, to escort him on board.

Graybacca
2008-02-26, 09:40 PM
Of Course, This way, Jon leads the Morseerian though out the ship.

Felistor
2008-02-27, 01:20 AM
While Jon gives the Moorserian the grand tour, Partak stands guard outside by the loading ramp.

lawful_evil
2008-02-27, 08:29 PM
The captain leads the four armed alien around the ship as it check here and there and everywhere, often glancing quickly from scanner to scanner to scanner. As it goes, it uses it's fourth arm to tweak and adjust the settings on the scanners. Eventually he nods and says, "All clear. Thank you for your patience in the matter." He checks his watch on one of his arms and says, "If we are lucky, we will make it in time for the evening nutritional period."

The Morseerian exits the ship while simultaneously packing up the scanners and gives the woman in the tank a thumbs up. She says, "We thank you again. Please take off and follow a heading of 84.3 degrees from the magnetic north of this planet. 8700 meters from here is a demolished building. Hover over it and look to the south, there will be a pulsed narrow beam of light. Fly towards it. As you approach, there will be a bunker built into the mountain. Flash your safety lights 8 times and the bunker will open for you to land your ship inside." She helps the Morseerian climb back on board and then adds, "We will meet you there, but our vehicle is slower, so you should arrive before us."

She grabs the hatch to the vehicle and then says, "Questions?"

Graybacca
2008-02-27, 10:48 PM
No, we'll meet you there then, Once they leave Jon heads up the ramp and prepares to take off, Once every one is aboard and the ramp is closed Jon lifts off and follows the directions given to him.

The_Snark
2008-02-28, 12:09 PM
3D-4N

"None that won't wait until then." The droid follows Jon back up the ship's ramp.

lawful_evil
2008-02-28, 08:59 PM
Jon, Partak, and 3D-4N re-board the ship and are quite happy to find the smell confined to the space near the boarding area. It takes a minute or two to find the building and then to located the pulsed light. The light, it seems is perhaps a lower power laser. Jon finds that he must really fly, literally, in a straight line to continue visual contact with the pulsing.

Several minutes later, the ship comes upon a rocky cliff. Built into the side of the gorge below, is a very large metal hatch, easily big enough for the ship. Following the directions given, the hatch begins to open. Jon maneuvers the ship down and into the hatch and discovers its actually big enough for 2 or 3 freighters the size of his ship to enter simultaneously. Mounted on either side of the hatch are two large particle cannon.

Inside, the hatch is a large hangar bay. A pair of Selonians with light sticks direct Jon down the bay to a clear spot where he can land. Inside the bay are a dozen or so airspeeders and half a dozen or so starfighters. Once Jon lands, the ground crew immediately hooks up power cables and begins to refuel the freighter. There are probably 15-20 Selonians and Ortolan engineers wandering around the hanger bay making repairs and upgrades to the various vessels.

Graybacca
2008-02-29, 08:57 AM
Jon put the Republic in to stand by mode, getting up he says, Well lets go great are host, Jon heads for the ramp, he lowers the ramp and then descends the ramp, if Jon can get the attention of one of the engineers he says, I recently had a run in with some Imperials and my ship took some damage i repaired it to the best of my ability but could you also take a look at it for me.

lawful_evil
2008-02-29, 11:21 AM
The Selonian Engineer looks at the Captain and says, "Minerals eh? Ran into a mountain? You've got to watch the crosswinds in the passes." The Engineer is momentarily distracted by something at the far end of the hangar bay and says, "Looks like they sent a delegation to greet you."

Approaching from the far end of the bay are an old human man with a 10cm white beard and a limp. To his left is the Selonian woman and to his right is the Morseerian man that you met earlier.

Graybacca
2008-02-29, 12:03 PM
Oh that's good and i said Imperials not Minerals, but if you just take a look at the repair to see if i got every thing, Thanks. Jon then moves off to great the welcoming party.

lawful_evil
2008-02-29, 02:49 PM
The engineer nods and says, "Ah, good on ya. I'll take a look at the hole, don't want nobody falling out now do we."

lawful_evil
2008-03-03, 06:26 PM
As the white haired human gets closer, his stride acquires a bit less of a limp, as if he is trying to avoid showing any weakness. Once he reaches the crew of The Nerf's Republic, he says, "Welcome and thank you for coming."

He motions the crew towards the entrance at the far end of the bay. As everyone starts walking down the bay, he says, "We are anxious to hear news of what is going on beyond the blockade, but I'm sure you must be tired. There are refreshments in the meeting room."

Graybacca
2008-03-03, 06:46 PM
Thank you sir, and we will do are best to fill you in on whats going on.

The_Snark
2008-03-03, 09:34 PM
3D-4N

"On as much as we know, which may not be much more than you, I'm afraid," the droid says self-deprecatingly as he follows behind Jon. "I'm afraid information about movements elsewhere is often kept on a need-to-know basis, to prevent captured personnel from being able to reveal too much."

lawful_evil
2008-03-04, 07:47 PM
As the team walks, the female Selonian walks alongside Gotal and admires his healthy mane, smiling at him the whole time.

It takes several minutes to walk the length of the underground hanger bay, during which time the old man focuses on maintaining his stride and doesn't talk much.

Just off the hangar bay are several pilot related rooms followed by a room labeled(in Selonian) "Debriefing Room". The old man opens the door and leads the team in. As mentioned earlier, there are sandwiches and drinks set out on a small table at the end of the room. The room itself is about 3x5 meters with a stone table down the middle of the room.

The man sits down. Rubs his knees and then sits up straight. After a moment he says, "So... you wanted to meet the resistance. We are it. My name is Zargon Flux. I guess you could say that I'm the tactical leader of this resistance. You already met Sismus Fausinia." With that he nods to the Selonian woman who says, "A pleasure" The man then continues and says, "and Owen Macdowind our Morseerian friend."

The Morseerian is in the middle of eating several sandwiches and has a drink in another hand. His mouth is full, but he hold up his cup in a salute of greetings and mumbles, "Hula Hwoido?"

Graybacca
2008-03-06, 06:00 PM
Jon Smile as he says, Yes it is indeed it is a pleasure to meet you all, I'm Captain Jon Helkin of the Nerf's Republic and this is what remands of my crew, my new first officer and sensor operator Three-Dee Fouran, and my security officer and co-pilot Mister Partak Garvaan.

lawful_evil
2008-03-07, 11:44 AM
The old man nods eagerly and says, "So, the alliance sent you to help us? When will you being landing troops and fighting vehicles?" The man brightens as he says, "We'll need to begin working on a plan of attack. We'll want to strike them and cause damage without making them think we are organized or receiving external assistance... so much to do."

Graybacca
2008-03-07, 01:56 PM
With a saddened look Jon replies, unfortently Mr. Flux That was not part of are mission we did not even know that there was an organised resistance on this planet until we got here are sole mission was to impersonate bounty hunters and secretly recruit some of those on that list and get them to a RV point i have one family already on board my ship. when i found out of your resistance i was hoping to make contact with you so that when we leave this world, that we could bring word of you to the alliance.

lawful_evil
2008-03-07, 05:15 PM
Mr Flux's mouth just falls open at the Captain's dejection. The Morseerian lets out a whoop, and raises three hands in the air in victory. His manages to say, "Oh yeah!", spraying food on the floor directly in front of him.

After a moment, Mr. Flux says, "I think you'll find that many of the non-Ortolan and non-Selonian members of the resistance would, in fact, jump at the chance to join you. A few of us would like to stay and continue our struggle. Indeed I suspect a few Selonians might be willing to leave as well. I doubt you'll find many Ortolan willing to abandon their friends and family."

The Morseerian finishes swallowing his food and says, "When can we leave?" The Selonian woman scowls at him and pouts at Partak.

Graybacca
2008-03-07, 05:33 PM
I have a 60 day mission window, and in the last day or so I've lost 4 members of my crew, I can cut the mission as sort as i need the only problem is that i only have one scan prof room witch has one Ortolan family in it already but i'll cram as many of you as i can, so wee can get past the blockade, unless you have an idea on how we can run the blockade without having to stop to be scan, and in that case i'll take any that want to go.

The_Snark
2008-03-07, 06:06 PM
3D-4N

"For those of you who don't wish to leave," 4N adds, "we will certainly inform the Alliance of your movement, and they may be able to provide you with aid. It might be prudent to set up a possible rendezvous time before we leave, so that future emissaries won't need to risk themselves searching for you."

lawful_evil
2008-03-07, 06:17 PM
As you talk Dekar finally arrives from the ship. The Morseerian says, "I don't mind squeezing in, it'll only be for a few minutes while we slip past the blockade, right?"

Mr Flux, says, "Yes, of course, you know where we are now and we can provide you with the encryption information any arriving rebel forces will be able to get it." The old man frowns for a moment and says, "We have not been able to get past the blockade. Several ships have tried, but the empire blasts them before they even get to orbit. They already know your ship, so they may let you past provided your scan is similar to the scan they took when you arrived."

Mr Flux raises an eyebrow and suggests, "You lost crew? You may be able to substitute other for those who have died. Not as crew, but just so that you can take 4 extra. I doubt their scanner can detect the species, probably can only detect the number of lifeforms on board."

Partak and Dekar speak up and say, "We can stay while you drop people off, that way you can take two extra." The Selonian woman touches Partak's arm and says, "That is so brave and generous of you."

{{ You can go and drop off people as often as you like. }}

Graybacca
2008-03-07, 07:43 PM
Yes that's right, we could probably do several runs and i guess we could do the first run with in the hour, the only problem i see would be to find a replacement for Mr. Byalid as he was a Kushiban witch are no bigger then a house cat.

lawful_evil
2008-03-08, 07:38 AM
The Morseerian whoops again and says, "No problem, I have a pet Castellian Fuzz Beast, which is similar in size to a Kushiban. I'd be happy to loan it to you, to solve your problem."

Mr. Flux nods and says, "Well then, it is decided. I'll send a message to our other forces and see who is willing to go and who insists on staying."

Flux stands up and says, "Sismus will stay with you and help you find your way around the facility." With that, he turns and leaves. The Moorseerian reattaches his breath mask and says, "I'd better go grab my stuff." He smiles and shakes Jon's hand vigorously and also leaves.

Sismus puts her hand on Partak's arm and says, "What services do you need? Perhaps you'd like somewhere to lay down and rest?"

Graybacca
2008-03-08, 12:21 PM
OK that should work, and OK in that case i'll be at my ship overseeing any repairs she needs. you can have any that would like to go, meet me at my ship. says Jon

lawful_evil
2008-03-09, 10:28 AM
Jon returns to supervise the repairs. By the time he gets back to the ship, the repair teams have opened up the hole the Jon fixed and were repairing and replacing wire clusters, power conduits and the like.

About 20 minutes later the Morseerian and his beast show up with a large duffel bag. About every 5 minutes there after another rebel anxious to flee this world or to join the larger rebellion shows up and lines up next the Morseerian. By the time the engineers have finished the internals, closed up the hull, tested it for space worthiness and resprayed the area to match the rest of the ship, there are nearly 30 people ready to go.

Names and Races :

{table]Race|Name
Selonian|Cacyl Cashae
Selonian|Cheria Ruluturu
Selonian|Coronea Ludus
Selonian|Dey Coredu
Selonian|Dracculd Klaus
Selonian|Draica Tangia
Selonian|Dravits Dragonia
Balosar|Elna Sler'Ebanka
Ithorian|Fanneb Bobat
Selonian|Kleits Tangia
Selonian|Marvits Nang
Selonian|Merculd Tangia
Selonian|Merruld Vu
Ortolan|Mimkess Uulpu
Ortolan|Miznee Va
Ortolan|Moonee Della
Balosar|Nina Bar'daggos
Morseerian|Owen Macdowind
Selonian|Sarivits Alus
Selonian|Saviculd Rooltor
Selonian|Sirtyl Fleegon
Selonian|Sisvits Tango
Selonian|Tavica Rooldu
Selonian|Tremus Mu
Selonian|Vartyd Aleg
Selonian|Vartyl Kraus
Selonian|Vis Vortia
Selonian|Vitvits Tango
[/table]

Graybacca
2008-03-09, 11:15 PM
Jon goes to greet his new passengers, but first he makes sure that the ship is opened and ready for the new passengers to board but first, Welcome to the Nerf's Republic, I'm Captain Jon Helkin, and i'll be your ride out of here, as some of you know i have a single shielded cabin that the majority of you will have to squeeze into with an Ortolan family i already have until we enter hyperspace once were in hyperspace you'll have full run of the ships lounge. some of you will be posing as members of my crew, Mr Macdowind you and the two Ithorian and the two Balosar will stand in for my crew as you all are closest to size and wight of those members, OK for now you can broad my ship and make your selves conferable in the ships lounge for now, those that will be posing as my crew I'd like to have a word with you before you board.

The_Snark
2008-03-10, 12:39 AM
3D-4N

"Only the Ithorians and the Balosar, Captain," calls the droid's voice from just inside the ship. "That way, the body types are as similar as possible to what they scanned when we arrived."

At the top of the ramp, the droid is comparing the matches between the Imperial wanted list and the list of Rebels: the Moorseerian, three of the Selonians, both of the Balosar, and all three of the Ortolans, all wanted on charges such as terrorism, incitement, suspected Rebel activity, or being a known Rebel spy. I suppose it takes the impetus of being suspected of criminal activity to make an Ortolan leave their home. And even that apparently doesn't always work. A very family-oriented species, it seems. He heads down the ramp. "Captain Helkin, I am going to give Mr. Flux a copy of the wanted list the Imperials are giving out. I suspect most of it is already known to them, but it may prove useful for them to know which ones the Empire knows about."

Graybacca
2008-03-10, 11:15 AM
OK Three-Dee but I'd like Mr. Macdowind to place his pets cage in the engine room, And thats a good idea.

lawful_evil
2008-03-11, 01:24 PM
3D-4N starts loading people and getting them positioned. Mr. Flux returns and says, "I should have more people for you when you return, but most won't be able to get to this base. You'll have to meet them near the cities they live in. I'm working on arrangements for those meets. Come by here when you get back."

It takes an hour or so for everyone to get loaded and in position on the ship. It turns out the Morseerian's pet doesn't have a cage, but does have a leash, so he attaches that to the workbench back in engineering.

The majority of the passengers are crammed into the scan proof room, but are ready and anxious to get underway. Jon fires up the ship with 3D's help and is ready to leave(the base, the planet, and the system).

The_Snark
2008-03-11, 03:26 PM
3D-4N

"The passengers are ready, captain. Shall I inquire of our surrogate crewmembers whether they can assist with flying the ship? It will hopefully not be an issue, but it is best to be prepared."

I'll assume that when Mr. Flux turned up, 4N was able to give him a copy of the wanted list; if not to him, than to one of the personnel around the hangar.

Graybacca
2008-03-11, 04:34 PM
OK understood, we'll see you soon then Mr. Flux, and good luck. Turning to Three-Dee that's a good idea and just in case we run in to problem's to have some back up. once all in ready and the ship is powered up Jon requests permission to take off from the base once off the ground and away from the base Jon put in a Call to the imperial air control and requests permission to leave orbit

lawful_evil
2008-03-11, 06:27 PM
Mr. Flux accepts the list of people with a smile and says, "We've already recovered their list from a bounty hunter that walked into a bad situation." He glances down the list and then suddenly starts to study it more intently and says, "Interesting. Only one or two names are the same between this list and the one we got. Quite a few of these people are actual criminals and are not part of the rebellion." He continues to study the list and absentmindedly walks away, saying as he goes, "Have a good flight. See you when you get back."

The 'crew' members are willing to help and provide coverage for sensors and shields. The ship launches and the bay doors open to allow the ship's egress. Jon flies low, hugging the terrain till well away from the base and then climbs into orbit.

The orbiting battleship responds to Jon's request with a scan and then verbally, "Permission Granted.". Jon flies past and kicks in the hyperdrive for a nearby system. Once there, he re-jumps to the rendezvous point with the rebellion.

The jump is second jump is also short and the calculations fairly trivial. When he arrives at the rendezvous point, there are several small cruisers and a flight of 6 sled shaped star fighters. The starfighters turn towards The Nerf's Republic while the cruisers scan the ship and raise it on Comms. "Unknown Vessel. Please identify yourself."

Graybacca
2008-03-11, 09:45 PM
Jon Calmly Replies, This is The Nerf's Republic, Requesting permission to dock.

Felistor
2008-03-12, 12:46 AM
Partak Garvaan

"Wait, wha..." Partak says to Mr. Flux, his sensory cones swiveling forward as he does so "Did you just say that the Imperials gave us a different list than the one they have been giving to other bounty hunters?"

lawful_evil
2008-03-12, 05:28 AM
Mr Flux pauses a moment as he walks off examining the datapad and says, "um.. yes. There is a slight overlap of these 2 names, but other than that quite distinct. Maybe you could borrow the datapads from several other bounty hunters so we can assemble the full list."

{{ I guess Partak is joining the crew as it flies back to the Rebel Fleet }}

The cruiser responds, "Excellent. Permission Granted to use Bay 2." Jon easily maneuvers the Nerf's Republic into the bay and lands.

Graybacca
2008-03-12, 11:28 AM
Roger that, Control. Jon closed the comm and opens the PA system, Attention all hand prepare for docking. Jon then takes the Republic in for a landing.

lawful_evil
2008-03-12, 05:58 PM
After landing the numerous Selonians(et al), exit the ship, each stopping to shake the hands of Helkin, 3D-4N, and Partak.

The cruiser's personnel are waiting the hangar bay to escort the refugees and new rebellion recruits to debriefing rooms and guest quarters. Once they've all disembarked, one of the officers approaches. He seems to be a Gran with dark tan skin and three large black eyes. He says, "Welcome. We were told to expect you. I am Commander Mok. Welcome aboard the Kinyen's Blessing. If you will provide us a list of supplies, we would be happy to resupply your ship while you are here."

After receiving the report from the captain and his crew and checking the manifest, the Commander says, "Excellent work. You brought 12 people on the bounty list, for which I have been instructed to pay you 2000 credits." He transfers 24000 credits to the Captain, who is expected to divide it as he sees fit.

Graybacca
2008-03-12, 07:59 PM
Its a pleasure to meet you Commander Mok, We also killed four stormtrooper, unfortunately they got some of us and I had to convert my port cargo bay into a temporary moorage. if you could help us with giving them a proper burial. say Jon once they have been payed Jon take the other aside and says, well it looks like we get 8000 credits apiece but for now if you all agree I'd like to keep the money in a common fund we all can draw from.

lawful_evil
2008-03-14, 03:58 PM
Commander Mok bows his head slightly and says, "Hanger Bay Echo is open. If you wish to use it for a ceremony, you are welcome to it. Afterwards, if you like, we can put out word through the local ships to see if we can assign you some replacements."

The Commander says, "I'll have the chef prepare something special in honor of the fallen."

The Commander begins to move away and then stops and offers, "Do you wish to move and prepare their bodies yourself, or would you rather my crew take care of it?"

The_Snark
2008-03-14, 05:05 PM
3D-4N

"A collective fund will work nicely," the droid agrees. He remains silent on the matter of moving the fallen. He is not familiar with the customs human cultures, or nonhuman cultures, had concerning their dead; business and administration rarely touched upon that, and the underworld less so. For a droid, death meant the death of the mind; the body was unimportant. It wasn't the same for organic beings, and he didn't feel at all qualified to speak for the wishes of the deceased.

Graybacca
2008-03-14, 11:53 PM
I would prefer if you crew could handle it for us there is only one request but it might be imposable or impractical, Caeda Trayus the female, according to the traditions of the Jedi she should be burned on a Funeral Pyre.

lawful_evil
2008-03-15, 12:42 PM
The commander opens and closes his mouth a few times and then says, "I'll have the crew prepare the hangar bay for you. I'll have to see about the fire. You may have to take care of that when you return to Sneeve."

The commander walks over to one of the chiefs and talks to him for a minute and then calls over, "Make yourself at home. You are welcome to do some shopping at the ship's stores if you like. The chief here will take care of the departed."

The chief walks over and with Jon's directions begins to transfer the fallen from the ship's morgue to Hangar Bay Echo.

Graybacca
2008-03-16, 05:51 PM
OK Commander and Thank you, Says Jon. turning to the chief Jon says, OK chief the body's are in the port cargo bay its up the ramp pass the sleeping cabins though the lounge, pass the refresher, And Chief Thank you.

lawful_evil
2008-03-16, 06:37 PM
The chief nods and says, "Just doing my job so that you can do yours. Sounded like y'all could use a break."

... several hours pass {{ shopping anyone?}} ...

The chief takes care of the bodies and setting up an acceptable funeral service in Echo Bay. At 17:00, the funeral is in place and ready. Commander Mok presides over service and the bay is full of off duty engineers, hangar bay crewmen, and various other personnel from around the ship. {{Jon and 3d-4n are given a chance to speak if they wish }}

Once all the epitaphs are given, the bodies are ejected into space towards a nearby nebula(although at that speed it will be a number of centuries before they get to the nebula).

Graybacca
2008-03-21, 03:28 PM
(Jon buys a N'Gant-Zarvel 9118 Heavy carbine for 990 Credits if they have it, and if this to speeder bike are available i'll get them used a Razalon FC-20 Speeder bike for 1,000 Credits, and the Incom MVR-3 Speeder bike foe 2,000 credits)

( for the funeral Jon say nothing for the one he did know to well but for Caeda he say)

I've have only known Caeda Trayus for four year since i rescued her from her forced cryogenic sleep but I've felt I've known her all my life, she was the best friend and partner an person could have. Caeda know that this day would one day come, but i doubt she thought it would be so soon, but she requested that i recite the code at this time for her.

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
there is no death; there is the Force.

Jon takes Caeda's lightsaber and activates it's and holds it high and says, And may the Force forever light your way. Jon then lets his arm fall to his side, as he dose so he deactivates the lightsaber and returns it to his belt.

lawful_evil
2008-03-21, 07:49 PM
Once the bodies have been ejected and the majority of the crew returns to their activities, the commander, a Gran, approaches, "I put out word for recruits to help out on your mission. So far, I've only heard from one volunteer. He was on one of the other ships and we sent a shuttle for him. He should join us after dinner." He motions for 3D-4N and Helkin to follow him.

The officer's mess hall is clean and all of the officers are seated, waiting for Jon and his droid to arrive. When Commander Mok and Captain Helkin enter, they all stand up at attention.

While Helkin finds his seat, the staff begin to bring in the feast.

Graybacca
2008-03-22, 09:51 AM
After finding his seat Jon says, Commander I'd like to thank you now before we begin this meal for all you hospitality

lawful_evil
2008-03-22, 12:21 PM
Commander Mok nods and says, "We are only to happy to help out. We are all on the same team after all." Seeing the food, the commander says, "Please sit, let us enjoy a meal before you depart again." The Command sits beside him. No chair is brought for 3D-4N, but one of the serving staff directs the droid to stand in the corner.

Graybacca
2008-03-24, 12:04 PM
Thank you Commander, Jon sits and eats his fill.

The_Snark
2008-03-24, 03:21 PM
3D-4N

To the end of a system too complex to repair or understand. The droid's short mental eulogy for the dead goes unspoken; it was more suited to his perspective than that of anyone else here. It was curious how the organic mind was so much less understandable than a mechanical mind. It had arisen from millions of years of coincidences, with no guiding force removing errors before they became a problem for the mind. And despite the lack of design, it was in some ways, somehow, still more advanced. A mystery.

He is still wrapped up in these thoughts when he is directed to stand in the corner, and after giving the server a slow stare with his unblinking red eye, he goes to stand behind Captain Helkin's chair. Of course, he didn't eat, and sitting was no more comfortable than standing, but it was the principle of the thing. It was, in all fairness, likely more of an oversight than malicious intent, but being told to go stand in the corner was demeaning.

lawful_evil
2008-03-24, 07:43 PM
The commander and his officers feast and feast and feast. After a while, the officers ask permission to depart, which the commander grants. As the room thins, the commander says, "Given the work you are doing on the surface, are you sure you wouldn't rather have a battle droid?"

Graybacca
2008-03-24, 07:56 PM
Three-Dee is his own Master and at the moment my First officer, but if you have a Battle Droid i could borrow or buy, I'd be more then willing to talk terms.

Dustyme
2008-03-24, 09:29 PM
After debarking one of the many small transport shuttles that ferry workers to and fro Slaw follows the crowd to find the resident deck officer and get some information as to where he should end up.

Getting word that he is to meet up with a Captain Jon Helkin and Commander Mok at the Officers mess he works on heading in that direction. “Great I volunteer to join up with this merry band and they stick me with a bunch of officers. Next thing they’ll be telling me to cut my hair, iron my clothes and polish the droids…”

Slaw checks the computer panel and asks for directions once or twice getting across the ship but eventually winds up in the right place. Just as he goes to open the door it whisks aside and he nearly collides with a steward leaving the room. The odor of a fine meal wafts out at him and his stomach grumbles loudly enough that those near the door can hear it. Slaw steps around the man and smiles in (what he thinks is) a charming and disarming manner “Sorry if I’m late I came straight up from the shuttle and it’s been about 12 hours since I got fed last. The rations on the Intrepid Star are nothing to sing about. Does anyone mind if I talk while we eat?” Not really expecting to hear a “No” and not waiting for an answer just in case, slaw walks over to the nearest open seat then slumps down in it (not the head of the table). Slaw grabs a plateful of food and beverage (non-alcoholic), stuffs something that appears to be bread filled with cheese into his mouth and takes a sip of his drink to wash it down. Slaw attempts talking around the last bit of food in his mouth, “Ah, much better.” swallows “I’m looking for Captain Helkin and or Commander Mok. Slaw Nadier the name, got sent here as a replacement for who I don’t know. But I have suspicions as to why.” Pulling his data card containing his orders out he sets it into a short flight towards whoever indicates first. “Now that my blood sugars back on track we can talk about what I might do to dampen the Empires’ spirits a bit. Preferably dampening it with things that make big booms, but hey, as long as they hate it I’ll try it.”

lawful_evil
2008-03-25, 05:00 PM
Commander Mok stands when the newcomer arrives in the room. He nods to and open place setting and sits back down saying, "Ah yes, Slaw Nadier. This is Captain Helkin." With an offhand gesture he adds, "and his droid." Turning back to Slaw, the commander says, "Thank you for volunteering. From what I hear, the captain is really in need of assistance."

The commander turns back to Jon and says, "We've got a pair of Alvin Series Combat Infantry Droids. They aren't quite as independent as your droid there, but independence in a combat droid isn't really a good thing. They should be considered used, which I find really means they have some combat experience and no structural defects."

Dustyme
2008-03-25, 07:46 PM
Starting with the bread and cheese food group for his appetizer he nods his head as Commander Mok starts talking and thereby points himself out as the big cheese.

As Commander Mok indicates Captain Helkin he raises a pastry roll (of the all important sugar food group) in salute.

Jeez this Captain Helkin must be really stuck up to bring his own personnal protocol droid to dinner... I hope whatever ship he commands is big enough, I'll probably be sleeping in the dang storage bay with a slung hammock if I'm lucky. And why is he so in need of assistance? This guy must be even more stuck up than I thought if no one will work with him.

Slaw smiles at Captain Helkin trying not to show his inner monologue. As he stuffs the entire pastry into his mouth Commander Mok mentions Combat Droids and Slaw starts choking heavily having to actually stop eating for a few seconds.

Slaw starts off talking a bit looking at Mok incredulously, then speeds up as he nears the ends: "Excuse me sir, did you say, combat droids? What kind of missions are we going on? Not that I don't expect a good amount of fun after we slaughter, destroy, I mean remove some Imperials, but... Combat Droids? How many beings are assigned to this task force besides me, Captain Helkin and a few droids? I have a bad feeling for what you'll tell me so never mind, don't tell me. If we're going in to strike something I'm going to need a few supplies and expendables transferred to my berth. A few substances I can put together later for a big effect. Preferably things that are innocuous alone yet profitable, so it can look like we're just selling goods. Various dye's, inks, bantha fertilizer things like that we can get through customs with easily. Do you happen to have any Ryscate here?"

Slaw swears something (unrepeatable) in Huttesse then looks up sharply at the protocol droid realizing it probably understood. "Don't repeat that. Ever."

I have got to hack this guy’s file before I leave here. He might get me blown up.

Shaking his head waiting for the next blow to fall Slaw takes a large helping of the third and final food group (meat) and then starts really eating.

Never know when it's back to rations or worse, I mine as well enjoy this meal while I can. Slaw reaches down and loosens his belt a few notches in preparation for the meal after his appetizers. In total he consumes about two platefuls of food and three times the amount of liquid you think he could handle without popping.

The_Snark
2008-03-25, 09:00 PM
3D-4N

"A few battle droids are not worth much against an entire planetary government," 4N notes disparagingly at the commander's question. "Careful planning and the ability to improvise is far more valuable than an extra blaster."

"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Nadier," he adds when the talkative newcomer has finished. "Commander Mok is, in fact, entirely wrong; I do not belong to Captain Helkin, or anybody else. I am 3D-4N." His voice is always fairly level, but it goes particularly flat when he mentions Commander Mok's name.

Graybacca
2008-03-25, 09:17 PM
Yeah i guess you could say that considering that we've had some thing like a 60% fatality rate in just the first couple of days, as for the droids being used that's fine commander as long as they obey orders and can shot at the enemy's, if i need more functionality i can always buy some upgrades.

Turning his attention to the new comer he Says, Nice to meet you Mister Nadier, as the commander said I'm Captain Jon Helkin and this is my First Officer 3D-4N, after listing a few moments to Mr, Nadier Jon lets out a chuckle and says, yeah were a task force of one ship i guess no ones told you what the mission is were going in behind enamy lines to extract rebel sympathiser, while poising as Bounty Hunter Hired by the imperials.

Dustyme
2008-03-26, 12:26 AM
Slaw smiles and is inches from popping his boots up onto the table when he realizes that these officers might think he has bad manners for doing so. Instead he lets out a tremendous juicy belch, "Gloorp!" and looks at Jon.

Droid's his 1st Mate and not his show piece huh. Well maybe he deserves a second look see. If that droid was alive I'd say he considers Mok a bit stuck up too.

"Well Jon I'm pleased to meet ya." Sticks his hand out across the table for Jon to take then pushes it towards 3D-4N, "You to err, 3D-4N. Do you always go by your designation? or do you have an actual name? I hope you don't take this wrong but it seems a bit impersonnal if your claiming not only sentience but self ownership. After all I certainly wouldn't want people calling me Human 42."

We'll at least he's not as stuck up as I first thought bt I'm still gonna check up on him.

Felistor
2008-03-26, 12:27 AM
Partak Garvaan

While Jon and 4N attend the debriefing, Partak stays with the ship in the hangar bay. Truth be told, the Gotal isn't really sure why he stayed behind. It might have been that he just wanted to get away from the droid for a while (Force knows it had been giving him headaches all the way back), or it might be that he wanted to keep watch over Caeda's corpse. Whatever the true reason was, Partak emerges from the ship a few hours later and begins chatting with the maintenance techs who are refitting the ship.

The_Snark
2008-03-26, 09:17 PM
3D-4N

"I hadn't actually thought about that before," the droid replies after a moment of consideration, sounding somewhat startled at the question. "The designation has always sufficed so far; there are a great many names which don't mean anything, and it isn't much different from one of them." He mulls it over for a moment more. It did, perhaps, make a difference in how he was perceived; a droid with a name not expressed in numbers might be easier to perceive as an independent, thinking being. "I may have to consider that."

A peculiar person. Informal. Difficult to tell how well he'll do, but he at least knows the basics of smuggling. And he doesn't appear to share Commander Mok's bigotry, at least.

lawful_evil
2008-03-27, 07:53 PM
The commander rises at some point in the conversation and says, "I am sorry, but I do have to attend to some ship's business and you have crewmen on your ship and back on the surface to get back to." He goes to leave and then remembers something. He turns to the Captain and says, "I'll have the chief of the deck bring the droid to your ship so you can inspect them. If you want them, the chief will help you transfer the funds. He'll check with the ship's stores, but I expect a couple thousand credits should cover them."

The commander motions to the food and says, "Feel free to finish your meals. The crew will clean up when you are done."

Graybacca
2008-03-28, 03:09 PM
Finished with his food Jon says, If you'll follow us Mister Nadier well show you to you to the ship and your new temporary home away form home. Jon will then head back toward his ship.

Dustyme
2008-03-28, 09:07 PM
"Captain, call me Slaw. Only my father ever called me Mr. Nadier and then only when I was in really big trouble. Actually I'd rather most people we meet not know my name. Especially since they're gonna be the wrong type. Criminals I can deal with but that Imperial scum will just make me feel soiled if they use my given name."

Walks along quietly for a minute then once they enter a lift away from any crew.

"So let me get this straight. We are posing as bounty hunters to help this ship get more allies. Yet the "Mighty" Commander Mok forces you to buy the basic supplies tat you may need to cause more devestation to the opposistion? Who stuck the Imerial Walker up his butt? Not that I expect a bunch of free gear for us to fly off with but a little bit of leway would be good."

Hmm, I wonder. If we could steal a Tie fighter or two. Load them for bear with high explosives then remote ram them into the Imperial Moff's residence how big would the crater be...

Slaw pulls out his datra pad and starts working furiously while badly humming the latest topper of the Corelian Pop music charts.

lawful_evil
2008-03-30, 04:10 PM
When Jon and Slaw stand to leave, the crew comes in and immediately star to cleanup the dishes and haul away the leftovers. As Jon and Slaw make their way back to the ship, they encounter few crew members and those they do see simply step aside and stare at them as they pass or whisper amongst themselves and point.

When the arrive at the hangar bay, the crew chief is there with two droids. They are thin and fairly minimal but armed with blaster rifles. They seem designed strictly to be an infantry droid. Their left hand doesn't articulate except in a range of motion to allow holding the rifle. The right hand is even more specialized to allow holding the rifle and pulling the trigger.

{{ Init +2, Def 11, DR 2, Speed 12, VP=0, WP=10, Att+3 ranged(3d8), Svs F(2), R(2), W(1) Stats : S(10), D(12), C(10), I(10), W(10), Ch(6). Blaster Carbine, Internal Commlink, Very Light Armor(DR 2), Heuristic Processor. Skills : Knowledge(Tactics)+2, Read Basic, Spot+4, Listen+4. Point-Blank Shot, Blaster Carbine Prof. }}

Felistor
2008-03-31, 12:50 AM
Partak Garvaan

As Partak sees the captain returning he accosts him at once. "What in the fierfeck are we going to do with these oversized walking cans of rust and bolts?? If I knew you wanted more useless mechanicals roaming all over the ship I would have strapped a set of legs on the caf-maker!" Shaking his furry head the Gotal stalks back to the ship and begins tinkering with his blaster rifle.

lawful_evil
2008-03-31, 06:09 AM
The crew chief, who was standing nearby the droids, in case Jon wanted them, smiles to himself. Gotal... Probably just upset because he is blind to their energy and emotional state. Droids are probably the perfect weapon to use against Gotal. Hopefully the Empire doesn't setup an alliance with them.

After a moment he asks the Captain, "So.. should I put them in back in storage or will you have a use for them?"

Graybacca
2008-03-31, 10:56 AM
Jon looks to Partak, Sorry Partak but we need the extra weapons, but they'll be shut down until we need them, Jon then move around and inspects the droids, nodding to himself with what he sees, and he finally say, No need to take them back to storage, i'll Take em, How much.

lawful_evil
2008-03-31, 11:16 AM
The chief says, "1500 each or 3000 for the pair of them." Once Jon transfers the cash, the chief gives him the access/authorization/ownership codes for the droids.

The chief says, "Sounds like you want them loaded..." He motions to a couple of the crew member who come over and haul the two droids up into the storage bay.

Once everything is done, the chief says, "You've got authorization to launch when ready." He smiles and nods at Jon then adds, "Stick it to'em!"

Dustyme
2008-03-31, 02:28 PM
Slaw looks at the cranky Gotal as he starts ranting and watches the exchange between Jon and the Crew Chief.

"Well I was going to introduce myself but I think I'll wait a bit on that. Tell me I'm not bunking with him 3D-4N."

You'd think the people around here would be happier. We get to kill Imperials and their allies then not only do we get praise but we get paid too.

"So were do I drop my gear? and who wants to start a game of Sabac?"

Slaw walks around the craft checking out various scorch marks, patches and quick repairs then follows Jon & 4D-3N's lead before stepping foot onto their ship.

Well they don’t call them fixer-uppers for nothing…

The_Snark
2008-03-31, 04:33 PM
3D-4N

The droid watches Partak's retreat with a rather flat stare, not that this is easy to tell apart from his normal expression. "Fortunately, Mr. Slaw, we have several empty cabins, so you will have your own room. You can pick whichever of them you like, as long as it's empty." Boarding the ship, the droid waves a hand at the row of doors on the aft side of the corridor, indicating that these are the crew chambers, and heads aft to quickly check over the ship. He'd missed the exact point at which he'd been made Jon's first mate, but he might as well do the job properly.

Graybacca
2008-03-31, 04:54 PM
Jon hands the chief the credits, and thank you for having them loaded.

Number 4 or 5 cabin on the right should be empty, i'll show you to it, just follow me, Jon heads up in to the ship and shows Slaw to his new cabin.

((for Slaw reference.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/XS-800_light_freighter
http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/51431/2003679144254627402_rs.jpg))

lawful_evil
2008-03-31, 05:17 PM
The chief nods, accepts the creds and then orders the power cables disconnected and for them to clear the hangar so the ship can be launched.

Out the hangar bay, the same nebula can be see which was the destination of those honored at the funeral.

Graybacca
2008-04-05, 08:07 AM
After lifting his ship off the rebel Cruiser and move away from the from it so that hes out of the way. Once out of the way Jon will hold this position for awhile. Turning to the other he says, I'm not ready yet to return to are mission, i want to stay here for a day or so, so that we don't draw tom much attention by retuning so soon. I'm going to check up on Caeda body and to see where they put the those droids. Jon gets up and heads to the cargo bays, Jon enters the bay with Caeda in it and finds the droid are there, Looking at the droid and then Caeda he thinks these droid would make great honor guards, Moving over to the droid Jon turns them on, once there active, He order them to stand watch over the body as her honor guards. with that Jon leave and heads toward his cabin for some rest.

Dustyme
2008-04-05, 02:03 PM
Slaw Nadier

Following everyone onto the ssssssp Slaw picks an empty room furthest from the bridge. Wandering around for a fewto get ajdusted to the lay of the ship he walks into the cargo bay as Jon turns on the Droids and positions them as an honor guard. Once Jon is out of earshot "Whats with the dead girl in the hold? Didn't you have a funeral aboard the Mon Cal craft?"

Slaw shrugs at whatever answer is given (or not given). He walks over to the dead girl and then uses a rag to buff a smudge on one of the droids. "Did she and the Captain have something going on? Never mind, I don't care so don't answer that."
With that said Slaw goes over to a console and reviews the ship specs, cargo, manifest, etc to see if there are any improvements he could suggest for their undercover assignment.
Hmm, I wonder if he has any false compartments set up in this thing? Slaw starts checking around the cargo hold (semi-subtly) looking for hidden compartments.
Search [roll0]

The_Snark
2008-04-05, 03:15 PM
3D-4N

"Her burial customs involve cremation, and the commander wasn't willing to have a fire aboard ship. I will leave details of their relationship to the Captain to explain," 4N answers, mostly because he's still not quite sure himself. They'd been posing as a husband and wife, but Jon had used a different last name for her once he was dead.

4N glances at the combat droids. Just as well to see that the captaiin didn't intend to do exactly as he'd told Partak and keep them off except when they were needed. They might have simplistic minds, but they were still intelligent. He'd have to find out how intelligent at some point. For now, though, he had other tasks to do; he wanders off to try to finish tinkering with his blaster.

lawful_evil
2008-04-05, 05:17 PM
Jon launches and sets a course out past the nebula and leaves the ship on Ion Engines for a more casual journey, ETA 87.4 billion hours. Slaw's search turns up an old bottle of Mustafarian Cola which was set aside by one of the workers a long time ago, but no hidden compartments(not in the cargo bay anyway).