PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Feats for a Swarm Eidolon

Fallenreality
2014-12-24, 09:24 PM
My DM is allowing me to use 3rd party rules for a swarm Eidolon. According to these rules the Eidolon still gains feats.

What feats do you think would benefit a swarm?

The Grue
2014-12-25, 04:18 PM
Teamwork feats?

Fallenreality
2014-12-26, 06:47 PM
Useful for the Summoner, most of them don't provide a benefit to the Eidolon sadly.

I'm trying to find things to benefit the swarm itself, not just the Summoner. :/

The Grue
2014-12-26, 07:16 PM
Why would teamwork feats not work on the swarm eidolons?

Fallenreality
2014-12-26, 07:18 PM
They just don't benefit from them much. They arn't making any attack rolls or maneuvers or anything. Anyway, to really make use of it the Summoner needs to take the feats too, which limits what other feats you can take.

malonkey1
2014-12-26, 07:32 PM
Improved Natural Attack (Swarm Attack)?

The Grue
2014-12-26, 08:08 PM
They just don't benefit from them much. They arn't making any attack rolls or maneuvers or anything.

Your eidolons aren't making attack rolls? What?

Anyway, to really make use of it the Summoner needs to take the feats too, which limits what other feats you can take.

...no? Why would the Summoner need to take the feats too?

You realize a Broodmaster's eidolons are considered separate creatures with their own feats, right?

Vhaidara
2014-12-26, 08:25 PM
Your eidolons aren't making attack rolls? What?

GM here. It's a third party archetype that makes the eidolon a swarm. As in the Swarm subtype. As in rat swarm kind of swarm.

He's being literal, not figurative.

The Grue
2014-12-26, 09:00 PM
GM here. It's a third party archetype that makes the eidolon a swarm. As in the Swarm subtype. As in rat swarm kind of swarm.

He's being literal, not figurative.

Ah; a literal swarm eidolon, rather than a swarm of eidolons.

My mistake.

Fallenreality
2014-12-26, 11:21 PM
Thanks Keledrath, I didn't realize where the disconnect was xD. Yeah, an actual Eidolon Swarm.

Erik Vale
2014-12-26, 11:48 PM
Ability Focus [Distraction], if that would increase the DC. It may not, ask the GM.
Ability Focus [Poison] if applicable.
Improved Natural Attack [Swarm Attack].
Lightning Reflexes [Due to AOE vulnrability].
Hover [if flying].

Fallenreality
2014-12-26, 11:50 PM
Ability Focus [Distraction], if that would increase the DC. It may not, ask the GM.
Ability Focus [Poison] if applicable.
Improved Natural Attack [Swarm Attack].
Lightning Reflexes [Due to AOE vulnrability].
Hover [if flying].

Yeah I was looking at Hover. Seems like it solves issues with torches and stuff too.