PDA

View Full Version : An awesome game.

Sage in the Playground
2007-03-29, 09:24 PM
You play as the villain. No corny redemption. No not really evil. You kill, maim, and slaughter and at the end light is extinguished by your darkness.
It has 2 endings. 1 where you destroy the planet. 1 where you conquerit, crushing it beneath your feet.

This post has been inspired by... EvilElitist, and his wish for originality.

Samurai General
2007-03-29, 09:38 PM
......:smallconfused: Evil Genuis? GTO?:smallannoyed: :smallconfused: :smallfrown:

Beleriphon
2007-03-29, 10:54 PM
......:smallconfused: Evil Genuis? GTO?:smallannoyed: :smallconfused: :smallfrown:

I assume you mean GTA (as in Grand Theft Auto in all of its various incarnations). GTA is a good choice for this one, especially Vice City since the protagonist is really out to conquer the underworld of the city.

Saint George
2007-03-29, 11:23 PM
This game intrigues me and I wish to know more.

averagejoe
2007-03-30, 12:05 AM
I assume you mean GTA (as in Grand Theft Auto in all of its various incarnations). GTA is a good choice for this one, especially Vice City since the protagonist is really out to conquer the underworld of the city.

I thought the point of that game was to kill hookers. :smalleek:

Om
2007-03-30, 05:16 AM
Is this an actual game or an idea for a game?

Arcanum spolier:
In Arcanum you can side with the bad guy and destroy the world and everything that lives. Which is nice

Setra
2007-03-30, 11:50 AM
In Dungeon Keeper, or so I've heard, you play the bad guys.

averagejoe
2007-03-30, 12:01 PM
In Dungeon Keeper, or so I've heard, you play the bad guys.

More or less. You basically build a dungeon and try to kill the heros who try to break in. It's pretty fun, actually. I like slapping the minions to make them work faster.

Dragor
2007-03-30, 01:56 PM
Ah, Dungeon Keeper. Getting to stamp on goodie-two-shoes heroes for once is ace.

Jack_Banzai
2007-03-30, 02:30 PM
Knights of the Old Republic?

Jibar
2007-03-30, 02:39 PM
Ahhhh, dungeon Kepper II...
You just mess about on the practice dungeon, and toss heroes into the dungeon. Then torture the hell out of them.
My God I did so love that.
Note to self: Get that back off friend.

averagejoe
2007-03-30, 04:16 PM
I know what you mean. I want to play it now.

Dr._Weird
2007-03-30, 04:54 PM
What game is this? I'm... intrigued.

Green Bean
2007-03-30, 05:07 PM

Actually, I think that SG meant the actual game "Evil Genius", where you play a James Bond style supervillain

Om
2007-03-30, 05:29 PM
Actually, I think that SG meant the actual game "Evil Genius", where you play a James Bond style supervillainDid that have those endings? I never got past all the micromanagement. And that was certainly more camp than evil

Maldraugedhen
2007-04-02, 06:53 PM
Good god, that game had some micromanagement issues. I spent 90% of my time just issuing 'weaken' tags to try and kill heat.

Ranis
2007-04-02, 07:12 PM

Yeah, what? GTA? Story? Wha?

Daze
2007-04-02, 07:18 PM

Only if really, really bored... but thats only fun for a few minutes... getting 6 wanted stars on the other hand.. hours of enjoyment!

Daze
2007-04-02, 07:24 PM
I dont know.. I guess there are a few games that let you assume the role of the "bad" guy.. some let you become him if you want.. Vampire the Masquerade and bloodlines did.. (as if there were "good" vampires.. heh). You can gain infamy in elder scrolls games... Fable is another... black and white... still, I must admit, theres not really any games designed straight up from a "bad" perspective.. its usually a lot of shades of gray... (GTA does I suppose, but they do attempt to give your criminal some reedeming qualities I guess)

Maxymiuk
2007-04-02, 11:46 PM
Postal and Postal 2 let you play the bad guy that was bad... well, just for the fun of it.

I'd argue that the AvP games were at least 2/3 about being bad. Your character choices were bad guy, worse guy, victim.

The Thief series had a badass thing going, but they always had to go and spoil it with the saving the world in spite of yourself bit. :smallamused:

Lastly, SHOGO: Mobile Armor Division deserves a honorable mention for being the only game I have so far encountered that - while otherwise being a fairly benign story about big robots shooting large amounts of explosives at each other - gave you an opportunity to gun down a child.

Mewtarthio
2007-04-03, 12:13 AM
There's always just playing KotoR on the dark side. Preferably KotoR II, actually, since that game lets you kill a whole bunch of random NPCs for no reason at all.

"I don't know what you're doing in here, but you've picked the wrong room to break into."
"Oh, yeah? Well you've picked the wrong room to die in!"

"I'm here to purge this apartment complex of all life. Including you."

"[Success] Yes, credits bad, jumping into the pit good. Get to the ground faster that way."

Woot Spitum
2007-04-03, 04:17 PM
The entire Legacy of Kain series? Never played it, but I got the impression you never did anything good in it.

Om
2007-04-04, 06:41 AM
So have we actually found out just what this "awesome game" is?

Mewtarthio
2007-04-04, 10:17 AM
What? I thought this was purely a hypothetical exercise.

Om
2007-04-04, 10:29 AM
Hmmm that would make more sense...

Sage in the Playground
2007-04-04, 10:22 PM
What? I thought this was purely a hypothetical exercise.

I never looked back at this thread til today. Yes, hypothetical.