PDA

View Full Version : Jungian typology / How Accurately Did Personality Tests Describe You? Scary Accurate?

Komatik
2014-12-25, 06:12 PM
Starting a new thread for personality type-related discussion because the topic is too interesting to let die and the old one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?342539-How-Accurately-Did-Personality-Tests-Describe-You-Scary-Accurate) had a bunch of people thinking in letters instead of functions, so it's perhaps better to start with a clean slate, a more useful viewpoint and give people some answers ^^

Basically, you know those internet personality type tests? That assign you a four-letter type like INTJ or ESFP and then tell you accurate-or-not stuff about yourself? Maybe they tell you that you're INxJ and don't really prefer either thinking or feeling with a fancy bar graph attached.

That kind of thinking is Badwrongthink :smalltongue:

Please, pleasepleaseplease don't use MBTI types "with the letters". What I mean to say with this is that the best part of Jungian typology are the functions and the function stacks - the four letter acronym is best used as a shorthand description, and little else.

What matters is the functions, because they are how a person perceives and evaluates the world. Those mechanisms are what can actually tell you about yourself (what kinds of work/hobbies you might find satisfying, what kinds of pitfalls your function stack represents that you might do well to keep an eye out for) and what can actually help you understand how other people perceive the world and just how utterly different from you they can be - understanding them instead of thinking they're idiots.

For a more concrete example of "by the letters" is the standard approach of "Do I favour introversion or extraversion? Do I favour sensing or intuition, thinking or feeling? Am I a judger or a perceiver?" This can lead to horrid, horrid confusion.

For example: INTP and INTJ are both introverted, intuitive and thinking type people? One just prefers watching things and the other evaluating things, no? Both types certainly come across as smart and logical, right? Nope. Let's go beyond the type code and look at what functions and in what order these people actually use - that is to say, what kinds of methods they actually use to take in and digest information.

An INTP code is to be interpreted as "Dominant function introverted, NT type dominant functions, the first extraverted function is a perceiving one". From this, their iNtuition is Extraverted, and must be auxiliary. Dominant introverted Thinking represses extraverted Feeling, for an overall stack of TiNe SiFe.

Compare this to an INTJ: They extravert their judgment, so Te. Primary function must be Introverted Intuition. Ending stack is NiTeFiSe.

INTP
INTJ

Dominant
Ti
Ni

Auxiliary
Ne
Te

Tertiary
Si
Fi

Inferior
Fe
Se

NOT ONE FUNCTION IN COMMON. An INTP's primary functions are in nature a deductive one that builds internal logical structures predicated on first principles (wishing to distill everything into a single principle or a small set of them from which the answers can be reasoned out), and it's observation is aimed directly at the outside world, with an eye towards the possibilities springing from any object of study. Their perception is, in a sense, a brainstorming one. When met with a problem, an INTP reasons out the solution based on logical deduction. They extravert themselves to the outside world with Ne, which in addition to figuring out a multitude of possibilities arising from their observation has a flighty character to it.

Compare to an INTJ: Introverted Intuition is a perceptive function that lives everywhere but the here and now. It does not see the world directly, but rather looks at the impressions observations leave in the Ni user's mind. In Ni's case, it's a function that finds patterns in multiple, maybe seemingly unconnected observations, draws parallels between things and all told tries to condense things into singular, holistic, large-scale visions about things.

Their Thinking function orients itself not to an inner world of principles, but to the outside world of facts. Te is a very grounded function that looks at the facts and what can be seen from them. If Ti is deductive, reasoning and perfecting, Te is inductive, heuristic and no-nonsense function that wants to see if things are up to snuff, optimize, order.

This means an INTJ is not a logical person in the common sense of the word - when you see an INTJ explain something at length, they are not actually reasoning out a problem to come to a conclusion. That job has been done unconsciously by Ni when they were alone, and what they are doing now is explaining that huge, multifaceted vision in precise language (for which he needs lots of words - see yours truly here) and rationalizing after the fact how they ended up with their conclusion. This can sometimes end up being shoddy or internally inconsistent in a way the principles-driven Ti user would never succumb to.
To quote economist Friedrich Hayek on economist Ludwig von Mises: "He was usually right in his conclusions, but I was [never] completely satisfied with his argument."

So forget the type codes, and concentrate on the functions. See what functions you seem to use, because that ends up being correct more than multiple choice tests with poor retesting reliability. Those tests are a nice starting point, but they're only that.

I'm either ISTJ or ISFJ. The third letter is contentious to me because I don't think I truly favor one approach over the other. I usually do both, if I'm understanding the distinction right, at least when when I'm aware enough of how I'm approaching a problem.

The contrast between ISTJ and ISFJ is not between thinking and feeling - the tertiary function can be quite developed especially later on in life, see people thinking TiSe NiFe user Steve Jobs is a primary Ni user - but rather between the Te-Fi and Fe-Ti function axes. ISTJ and ISFJ both have both Thinking and Feeling functions that are not repressed and consciously usable.

The Te-Fi axis means:
Extraverted Thinking - No-nonsense, organizing, expendient, dominating. Prefers to evaluate things based on whether they fit objective, measurable criteria
with
Introverted Feeling - Strong inner values, strong belief that people are distinct from one another, self-esteem and values derived from the inside, no concern or interest in what other people think or for making them comfortable. Fi users don't need to be told how others feel - they think they know anyway. Evaluates things based on whether they fit the person's inner valueset. Strong concern for authenticity, can fiercely champion a cause. Tends not to demonstrate feelings outwardly.

The Te-Fi axis tends to give rise to a frame of thinking where people are decidedly different, separate, themselves, not cut from the same cloth. In a good way, it drives people to strive and, to quote Paracelsus: "If you have been given a talent, exercise it freely and happily like the sun: give everyone from your splendour."

On the bad side, Te-Fi might decide the weak are unworthy to live and we end up in some very horrible place.

Fe-Ti axis means:
Extraverted Feeling - Accommodating, appropriate, harmony-seeking. Evaluates things based on whether they leave the group feeling happier or whether they sow discord. Fe derives its self-esteem from the approval of others and tends to absorb values from the outside. Fe users tend to radiate a certain warmth that Fi users just don't have. The good guy Fe user cares genuinely, the bad guy Fe user can appear the friendliest person in the world while not giving a **** about you inside. Unlike Fi users, Fe users do not typically have a strong sense of "who I really am" - jokingly, they wear masks and have no "soul".

Introverted Thinking: Logical in the classical sense, driven to formulate things into principles and sound logical systems that cut to the very heart of the matter. Often belabored, concerned with accuracy and integrity, unconcerned with real-world goals by itself.

It should also be noted that Si (which you have) and Se are very different functions.

Se is the opposite of Ni - Se is bar none the most concrete function, one that lives in the here and now. It is direct, photographic, unfiltered perception, the raw sensation of being in the here and now, acting quickly, living the moment. Se users tend to perceive themselves as "sunk into" the environment.

Si is a function that, like Ni, is directed inwardly. It also captures impressions of a person's observations, but instead of associating those impressions into huge "vision-blobs" which it seeks to maintain as small a number as possible, Si is cataloguing in nature. It's a historian of the person's experience and tends to form new frames of reference when approaching novel experiences. Si users are typically habitual, have good memory,quickly coming up with solutions that have worked previously.
Given the function's historical outlook, Si users tend to display a certain distrust of the future, looking at it as unpredictable and thus uncertain, maybe threatening. This outlook gives rise to preparation and diligence - Si wants to be ready come what may, while an Ni user may chronically underprepare because he thinks he knows how things will unfold.

An Si user friend described the Si experience of being in a space as playing a computer game - you are you, very much separate from the world and kind of looking at it through a screen.

MBTI tests consistently rate me as one of two types, ENTJ or INTJ, with the latter being slightly more common. "Intuitive, thinking, judging" do fit me well enough.

ENTJ and INTJ share the same functional stack - introverted Intuition, extraverted Thinking, introverted Feeling and Extraverted Sensing - or NiTe FiSe for short. They're very similar types, but there are some differences.

Do you find yourself needing time away from people lest you're just drained of all energy, thinking about systems a lot, maybe chronically indulging in / binging on sensual pleasures (food, drink, light drugs, sex)? Are you ok with having superiors as long as you think those superiors are competent?

Do you feel the need to be around people to energize yourself, order and organize things, have control over your environment to the point you can barely stand being ordered around (Caesar: "I would rather be first in a village than second in Rome.") and revel in leadership? Is your attitude towards problems to simply crush them to the point there will not be a problem again, period. Trouble expressing value judgments instead of objective evaluation of how the thing/person is?

If the first, INTJ. Second, ENTJ.

Myers Brigg tests are actually fairly legitimate - although, if you read descriptions of the other 15 types you'll almost certainly see yourself in some of them, for the simple reason that there are more than 16 personalities out there. Still, it manages decently. I personally am a --TJ, if I remember correctly, with the first two fluctuating, and those legitimately do show up more than the other personalities.

Do you see yourself in some of those function descriptions?

Closet_Skeleton
2014-12-28, 05:11 PM
Myers-Briggs can't tell you anything because its a insincere flattery mass production line.

The 'no-negative traits' setup is useful when you're dealing with people with confidence issues but isn't compatible with an honest appraisal. If you have very low self esteem you won't be able to feel like its describing you and if you're a sucker for flattery you'll latch on to any positive description.

I did a Myers-Briggs test once. The four humours one I did on the same day was about as good.

Sylthia
2014-12-29, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say Myers Briggs is completely useless. Like all psychology schools, it can be a tool to help you understand people, but should not be taken as an absolute.

I use it a bit in my writing, I don't type-cast my characters so to speak, but it helps me think how they would and can be a good way to make believable characters.

Komatik
2014-12-29, 02:45 PM
Myers-Briggs can't tell you anything because its a insincere flattery mass production line.

This is why you throw most websites/youtube channels on the subject under the bus and focus on the functions instead of the type descriptions. The type descriptions are at worst horoscopes, and ain't nobody got time for that. The functions themselves are helpful however.

Flickerdart
2014-12-31, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say Myers Briggs is completely useless. Like all psychology schools, it can be a tool to help you understand people, but should not be taken as an absolute.
If you read about the history of the types, it's several steps removed from real psychology.

Shekinah
2014-12-31, 04:58 PM
If you read about the history of the types, it's several steps removed from real psychology.

To be fair, it's the functions that matter, not really the types.

Aliquid
2015-01-04, 03:10 PM
Myers-Briggs can't tell you anything because its a insincere flattery mass production line.the crap you find on the internet only scratches the surface of the system. It is superficial and set up by people who don't really understand the system.

The 'no-negative traits' setup is useful when you're dealing with people with confidence issues but isn't compatible with an honest appraisal.A proper assesment has plenty of negative traits. It goes into detail about a variety of issues you will have, depending on which trait is "weak" for you personally.

I did a Myers-Briggs test once.technically, you didn't. Any "test" you see online is a half-assed replica of the real thing.

Sylthia
2015-01-05, 02:16 PM
I studied Jung, as well as many other psychologists, in college in a course dedicated to studying personality. Personality is too broad a subject to really be pinned down by any school of psychology. Each school has its pros and cons. Like said, it's the functions that matter.

Lord Raziere
2015-01-06, 04:27 AM
problem.

I do not see the differences in the functions of INTJ and INTP. this concerns me as I have gotten both results the most often on such tests. your descriptions of either's thought processes can describe my own at any point in time. therefore: can you better describe the differences between INTJ and INTP? make it more clear? I know this is not exact, and its possible that I waver back and forth between one and the other depending upon the situation. but still...I would like the differences to be as clear as possible.

thorgrim29
2015-01-06, 11:25 AM
I did the MBTI test a couple of times in the last few years (the first was during an career path class, self-administered, but we discussed the results and what they meant with our teacher who was an industrial psychologist) , and while I agree that it's not a perfect tool it helped me figure out how my mind works a bit better. I test as INTP, with introversion barely edging out extroversion (which is a change, I remember doing simpler tests in high school and scoring much higher on introversion), and from what I read it makes sense, I'm intuitive, sarcastic, I don't emote but I feel emotions very intensely, I like debating and I'm always late because something interesting came up.

Aliquid
2015-01-06, 01:01 PM
I did the MBTI test a couple of times in the last few years (the first was during an career path class, self-administered, but we discussed the results and what they meant with our teacher who was an industrial psychologist) , and while I agree that it's not a perfect tool it helped me figure out how my mind works a bit better. I test as INTP, with introversion barely edging out extroversion (which is a change, I remember doing simpler tests in high school and scoring much higher on introversion), and from what I read it makes sense, I'm intuitive, sarcastic, I don't emote but I feel emotions very intensely, I like debating and I'm always late because something interesting came up.It can help you with understanding your mind, but it really comes in handy when working with other people. Misunderstandings in relationships (work or personal) often can be tied to conflicts in personality types.

If you find out and understand the personality type of another person, and compare it to yours, you will be able to see where the stress points would be. You can then anticipate problems before they happen.

For example “when we work on that project, my ‘P’ is going to clash with his/her strong ‘J’… maybe we should lay out some ground rules and talk about it ahead of time”

Or, imagine someone is stressed out about something going on in their life. If you want to help them through it, your approach would be quite different for a ‘T’ versus an ‘F’.

Sylthia
2015-01-06, 05:21 PM
I did the MBTI test a couple of times in the last few years (the first was during an career path class, self-administered, but we discussed the results and what they meant with our teacher who was an industrial psychologist) , and while I agree that it's not a perfect tool it helped me figure out how my mind works a bit better. I test as INTP, with introversion barely edging out extroversion (which is a change, I remember doing simpler tests in high school and scoring much higher on introversion), and from what I read it makes sense, I'm intuitive, sarcastic, I don't emote but I feel emotions very intensely, I like debating and I'm always late because something interesting came up.

I suggest you read about Jungian Cognitive Functions, it will probably be more succinct than me, but the primary difference between J and P is whether you like structure and planning (J) or adaptability and go-with-the-flowness (P). That's a generalization, though.

J and P aren't true functions, but describe how your two dominant function interact. INTJ would be NiTe, while INTP would be TiNe. So INTJs are introverted intuiting dominant, while INTPs are introverted thinking dominant. The second function is always extroverted by default if the primary function is introverted, but that is a whole 'nother discussion.

EDIT: I meant to quote Lord Raziere. I'll fix it when I'm not on my cell phone.

Lord Raziere
2015-01-06, 06:03 PM
....but what if you like BOTH structure + planning and going with the flow + adaptability? they both have their strengths and weaknesses, and are actually both skills that are needed in life, often to work together because its great to have a plan, its also great to be able to adapt and change that plan when the need arises.

Aliquid
2015-01-06, 10:31 PM
....but what if you like BOTH structure + planning and going with the flow + adaptability? they both have their strengths and weaknesses, and are actually both skills that are needed in life, often to work together because its great to have a plan, its also great to be able to adapt and change that plan when the need arises.that is an easy trap to fall into. The system isn't about what you *like*. Most people will see the benefits and weaknesses of both sides. Most people are also capable of deciding to pick one over the other depending on the situation.
If I put a glass of water directly in front of you and ask you to pick it up, odds are that you will use your dominant hand. (e.g. your right hand). That doesn't mean you couldn't use your left if you wanted.
In effect it is the same thing. For simple things you could go either way with ease, for more challenging tasks you wil gravitate more and more to your dominnt hand. You can still choose to use the other if needed.

Also, nobody is just one or the other. We all have both traits (e.g. we both have 'J' and 'P' in us). The question is where you sit on the spectrum between the two extremes.

Maybe look at the negative side of the traits. Do you make impulse purchases that you regret after the fact? You might tend towards a 'J'. Have you ever spent time pondering the merits of a good deal, only to find out that you took too long, and the opportunity is now gone? You might tend towards a 'P'

Komatik
2015-01-17, 08:11 AM
problem.

I do not see the differences in the functions of INTJ and INTP. this concerns me as I have gotten both results the most often on such tests. your descriptions of either's thought processes can describe my own at any point in time. therefore: can you better describe the differences between INTJ and INTP? make it more clear? I know this is not exact, and its possible that I waver back and forth between one and the other depending upon the situation. but still...I would like the differences to be as clear as possible.

Being INTx is a huge pet peeve of mine - people seem really confused by the "J/P preference" when really, when you go back to the actual functions, the two types don't have a single one in common: Ti Ne Si Fe vs. Ni Te Fi Se. Nail down just one, and you nail your type if you are absolutely sure you're either one.

Typically, if you're unsure it means you're probably INTP.

How do you express yourself? Do you cut your sentences midway because they turned out wrong, or do you communicate at (excessive) length and detail what your view of something is if asked for an opinion, because the short answer would be so gross and insufficient as to be incorrect anyway?

You are probably concerned with a certain sense of truthfulness, but would it be more accurately described as a sense of authenticity and sincerity (even if you express those opinions matter-of-factly and bluntly enough to hurt) or as a concern for logical integrity?

If you get thrown into a new situation where you don't have that much context, are you a deer in the headlights, almost incapable of doing even a simple task because you don't yet grasp where it fits into the situation/process as a whole?

If you get into an argument, do you tend to bombard people with facts and just generally appear obnoxiously sure of yourself? Conclusion clear, time to batter these fools into submission style, or more make observations that stop just short of coming to a conclusion, so they connect the final dots themselves?

Do you have a competitive streak?

That sounds more INTJ than INTP to me, actually. INTPs are far more about actual reasoned-out logic than intuition. The main way extraverted intuition shows in INTPs is their willingness to play with ideas for the sake of playing with them, adopting positions pretty much just to see if they can be argued.

INTJ's Feeling function, Fi, doesn't typically express itself outwardly but gives them inborn self-confidence and feelings/values that burn inside without coming out all that often. It can be a bit hard to discern from dominant Ti with repressed Fe of the INTP because Ti is likewise a very individuating function that builds strong personal convictions - the mechanism is just way, way different.

See the questions I posed above.

EDIT: INFP is another possible typing - Fi and Ti are pretty easy to mix up if you don't know what they are. I still think INTJ is a more likely possibility based on what you've said. I don't know INFPs who would terribly enjoy debating things to the point of doing it for fun.

It can help you with understanding your mind, but it really comes in handy when working with other people. Misunderstandings in relationships (work or personal) often can be tied to conflicts in personality types.

If you find out and understand the personality type of another person, and compare it to yours, you will be able to see where the stress points would be. You can then anticipate problems before they happen.

For example “when we work on that project, my ‘P’ is going to clash with his/her strong ‘J’… maybe we should lay out some ground rules and talk about it ahead of time”

Or, imagine someone is stressed out about something going on in their life. If you want to help them through it, your approach would be quite different for a ‘T’ versus an ‘F’.

Letter-think detected, abort, abort! :D

The J/P thing works in dichotomy thinking, but doesn't matter for a functional approach. The P is just there to tell which one of your main functions is extraverted, little else.

Likewise, people aren't "T" or "F", they're both. People who are Tx or Fx dominant do repress the opposite function but they still use it, it still affects them, and people who are dominant Perceivers (IxxJ/ExxP type code) can have very balanced use of their Te & Fi or Ti & Fe functions.

But yes, the big benefit is to be able to have at least some grasp on how the other person thinks - how they gather information and understand things, how they evaluate things.

I suggest you read about Jungian Cognitive Functions, it will probably be more succinct than me, but the primary difference between J and P is whether you like structure and planning (J) or adaptability and go-with-the-flowness (P). That's a generalization, though.

J and P aren't true functions, but describe how your two dominant function interact. INTJ would be NiTe, while INTP would be TiNe. So INTJs are introverted intuiting dominant, while INTPs are introverted thinking dominant. The second function is always extroverted by default if the primary function is introverted, but that is a whole 'nother discussion.

EDIT: I meant to quote Lord Raziere. I'll fix it when I'm not on my cell phone.

MBTI test J/P is a measure of personality that doesn't relate to the functions - MBTI test scores are closer to Five Factor Model test dimensions than to representing psychological functions - Jung's original ones or the modern renditions thereof. In that sense it makes sense to talk about a person's "dichotomies type" (ie one that measures the four scales by the letters E/I N/S T/F J/P) and "functional type" (that deals with what functions you use and the order of your functional stack). It's perfectly possible for a person to test P or J - say, I get ISTP and INTP scores on dichotomies-based tests (and do display mostly typically P-style behavior than overtly J-style), but my functional stack is clearly INTJ (Ni Te Fi Se).

Also because the dichotomies are on a scale, it makes little sense to differentiate between an dichotomies INTP and INTJ very strongly - it can very well be a small difference where you fall on a scale.

They use the same type code but describe completely different things. Annoying and confusing, if you ask me.

Lord Raziere
2015-01-17, 12:10 PM
Being INTx is a huge pet peeve of mine - people seem really confused by the "J/P preference" when really, when you go back to the actual functions, the two types don't have a single one in common: Ti Ne Si Fe vs. Ni Te Fi Se. Nail down just one, and you nail your type if you are absolutely sure you're either one.

Typically, if you're unsure it means you're probably INTP.

How do you express yourself? Do you cut your sentences midway because they turned out wrong, or do you communicate at (excessive) length and detail what your view of something is if asked for an opinion, because the short answer would be so gross and insufficient as to be incorrect anyway?

You are probably concerned with a certain sense of truthfulness, but would it be more accurately described as a sense of authenticity and sincerity (even if you express those opinions matter-of-factly and bluntly enough to hurt) or as a concern for logical integrity?

If you get thrown into a new situation where you don't have that much context, are you a deer in the headlights, almost incapable of doing even a simple task because you don't yet grasp where it fits into the situation/process as a whole?

If you get into an argument, do you tend to bombard people with facts and just generally appear obnoxiously sure of yourself? Conclusion clear, time to batter these fools into submission style, or more make observations that stop just short of coming to a conclusion, so they connect the final dots themselves?

Do you have a competitive streak?

1. Can't remember

2. ??? I think the former, but I don't know what you mean by "logical integrity".

3. .....yeah probably. I get suspicious when people tell me to do something without explaining why to do it.

4.....I guess the former? if you count ranting......

5.....I think I might have one, but I haven't had anyone to compete against in a while, at least in my areas of interest like videogames....

Komatik
2015-01-17, 12:22 PM
1. Can't remember

2. ??? I think the former, but I don't know what you mean by "logical integrity".

3. .....yeah probably. I get suspicious when people tell me to do something without explaining why to do it.

4.....I guess the former? if you count ranting......

5.....I think I might have one, but I haven't had anyone to compete against in a while, at least in my areas of interest like videogames....

2: What I mean is do you feel it's more important to be honest and true to yourself, or that your ideas are coherent, logical and well reasoned out?

3: I don't mean suspicion, per se, but just kind of feeling lost without a big picture of what's happening and why.

4: Yup, ranting fits quite fine.

5: How does achieving something feel?

How do you feel about competence? When you see something mismanaged, does it seem merely silly or something bordering on disgust or are just outright being disgusted by it?

This next one will be l-o-n-g, but please read some of the quotes on these pages:
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/isaac-newton.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/stephen-hawking.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/karl-marx.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/mark-zuckerberg.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/john-maynard-keynes.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/isaac-asimov.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/christopher-hitchens.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/arnold-schwarzenegger.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/ludwig-von-mises.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/friedrich-nietzsche.php

http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/albert-einstein.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/charles-darwin.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/immanuel-kant.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/marie-curie.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/adam-smith.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/thomas-aquinas.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/friedrich-hayek.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/hannah-arendt.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/james-madison.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/alan-greenspan.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/john-le-carre.php
http://www.celebritytypes.com/quotes/jane-austen.php

Chances are, there's something more "right" with how one of those groups speaks and how it seems to see the world, even if you utterly disagree with the arguments and opinions themselves. If so, which one?

Sivarias
2015-01-17, 05:04 PM
Komatik I have a puzzle for you!

Every time I take the meyer's brigg's test I get a different result. I have taken two of them professionally.

When I'm relaxed I tend to get ENFx

When I'm stressed I tend to get ENTx

I'm honestly a bit lost on the function stacks at least with my quick Google search.

Komatik
2015-01-17, 06:10 PM
Komatik I have a puzzle for you!

Every time I take the meyer's brigg's test I get a different result. I have taken two of them professionally.

When I'm relaxed I tend to get ENFx

When I'm stressed I tend to get ENTx

I'm honestly a bit lost on the function stacks at least with my quick Google search.

I don't test all that consistently either. Sometimes INTP, the two most recent ones turned out ISTP and ENTJ (which all do skirt close to the actual thing in different ways)

I personally didn't "get" the functions until this amazing playlist got linked to me. Helped me understand what others were talking about and think about stuff for myself:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUmDcT_Pujk8vOcxk_IcnxtQ

(first video is at the bottom, so don't rely on autoplay :P)

It's not very surprising that you'd get 50/50-ish results with the auxiliary and tertiary base functions - they're the well balanced axis.