PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Way of the Wicked Campaign

Hiro
2014-12-25, 08:34 PM
I've read through the first book of it by lucking out and finding a free download for the pdf but so far I've no tbeen able to find a DM for it.

Is it largely because the adventure is something you have to buy from fire mountain games to play or is it because it's an evil centric campaign?

And has anyone ever tried to "write out" what they'd do as if playing a module solo? like a narrative using the info provided? If so, can anyone offer any advice for it?

one more: if I went for this solo, what level would I really need to be to have a hope? the first book is meant to go up to level 6 from 1 but what's a good way to duet this thing?

Blyte
2014-12-30, 09:31 PM
I have tried to duo this first AP with a human cleric (undead lord) and a dhampir anti-paladin

the DM was not fast tracking us on xp due to our low party number (which he should have been doing in my opinion). we should have been a level ahead of the pace of the module but he advanced us slowly in level. this allowed many of the NPCs the ability to one shot us (which is quite bad with a party of 2).

I would recommend the DM allow a duet to be some form of gestalt which is a lvl ahead of the pace of the AP.

a gestalt cleric/master summoner or cleric/sorcerer and a dhampir anti-paladin/alchemist(vivisectionist) would be a fine paring (at least for AP1)

I am currently running a party through which usually only has 3 members available. I am allowing them to be half strength gestalt (basically every even level is a gestalt level for their characters), and they are doing well thus far. Only two deaths due to great axe crits so far, but crits happen...

killem2
2015-01-02, 08:34 AM
I think having to buy it is a respectable hurdle. I mean it's not like it is that expensive. My party actually pitched in to buy all the books for me on pdf so I could DM it. A solo campagin would be very difficult and would be very boring in terms of what you have to do. The flavor of this module is very much geared towards a group of evil doers.

The ap itself though is not set in such a way that being evil causes a problem. It is set to basically give evil players everything they want in an adventure. We've been playing since may 2014, and thus far, it has never really felt like being evil has gotten in the way. Fire Mountain did a really good job on this ap.

-- Blyte, that is unfortunate :(. Your DM very much should have fast progressed the XP. Currently in my group which has had no less than 5 people, and is now up to 8 players, I force slow progression. Even with slow progression they are still keeping up quite well. Hopefully not for long :P.

Ssalarn
2015-01-02, 02:34 PM
It's a pretty rough AP, playing solo or even with 2-3 players can be really tough unless those players are running like a Summoner, a Druid, and a Wizard or Cleric.

The alingment thing itself isn't an issue; the campaign gives you very good advice for how to keep an evil group cooperative, and specifically suggests that you make the Antipaladin Lawful Evil instead of Chaotic Evil, which helps impose a bit of order.

I've actually been wanting to take another stab at playing through it as well; have you looked into seeing if you can get a PBP put together?