PDA

View Full Version : Unfamiliar Home - SotVD

banthesun
2014-12-26, 12:22 AM
"...and we should be expecting mostly clear skies across Kyuushu for the rest of the week. Back to -" *click*

Kyoko turned off the telly and stretched in her seat. There hadn't been anything worth watching anyway. With a yawn, she stood up from the couch and picked up the empty take-away tray from next to her.

Ugh, I should probably be cooking for myself more, especially now Callum isn't around. I guess I'm still not quite used to living here... Well, at least there's not any washing up!

As Kyoko deposited her rubbish into the bin she heard someone in the hall. Since she was so close, there didn't seem to be any reason not to go see who it was, so she stuck her head out into the hallway to see...

Merilan
2014-12-26, 12:52 AM
...Lyeo Myung-hon, albeit with an even paler face than usual, and not terribly hale of all things. She would've just freshly come down from introductions, whether Kyoko missed hers personally or not, and then had dinner in the mess hall as the students of the dorms normally do. She's also a bizarre sight, still wearing her shrine maidenly clothes - albeit a normal haori rather than the one she uses out in combat. She's tumbling to one side for a moment, perplexedly wondering why dinner has her feeling so awful!

banthesun
2014-12-26, 02:06 AM
"Huh? Miss Miko? What are you doing here?"

Kyoko was so surprised to see Myung-hon that she forgot that more new students were supposed to be moving in today, and that Myung-hon had told her that she would be moving to a dorm soon. Perhaps it was the shrine maiden clothes, but Kyoko had just not imagined the connection. But her surprise was tempered by concern; the girl looked like something was wrong with her. Was this a regular occurance?

"Ah, are you alright?"

Merilan
2014-12-26, 02:18 AM
"N-no... I feel fuzzy and nauseous after dinner," Myung-hon answers in turn, though she's still on her feet. She pauses, and just now realises that she actually DOES know the girl, and tries to straighten her back and exclaim, "A-ah! It is good to see you again, Kyoko."

She doubles over a second later, slumping against the nearest wall. Her Persona, of course, helpfully adds in internal monologue: "Our brave heroine, modern-day paragon of the Muism shaman..."

banthesun
2014-12-26, 03:10 AM
"Woah! Wait, hold on!"

Kyoko was still wondering what this girl was doing here at the dorms, but now Kyoko was more worried if she was alright. Hesitantly, she moved closer and took Myung-hon's shoulder to steady her. She looked her over, and tried to figure out what was wrong. Had Levi poisoned her? Had she tried to eat Tsubaki's cooking?

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Kyoko asked, a little panicked.

Merilan
2014-12-26, 03:14 AM
It isn't as if Myung-hon's got purple lips and smells of aconite or anything; she tries to shake her head and try to reassure the panicking girl, saying, "I need to sit down." She heads along to the common room she's been appointed to, with Kyoko's assistance, and takes a few deep breaths. If it's just after dinner, it's either bad food... though with no one else complaining -- perhaps it's an allergy?

banthesun
2014-12-26, 04:41 AM
Kyoko helped her to her own common room, thankful that the staggering seemed to be a one off thing. Kyoko swiped her card to let them in, and let Myung-hon sit down. Looking at her now, Kyoko wasn't sure if she'd really overreacted, but it had been a bit unsettling running into her, what with the state she'd been in. Kyoko took a seat on the couch too, not too close to Myung-hon, since she was starting to feel a bit embarrassed about her actions now.

"Feeling better? Uh, so did you come here to visit Tsubaki or something?"

Merilan
2014-12-26, 12:01 PM
"I--I will persist," Myung-hon clumsily words her reply, though her voice looks a little shaky, her eye a little twitchy. It doesn't look like she's about to throw up or anything, though. "I have never eaten the foods they served before..." A pause, as she looks to Kyoko and says, "Oh, um -- no, I had just moved in to the dormitories. My room is..." She pauses and looks around, pointing to one of the doors. "Over there."

Curiously enough, there does seem to be an unpacked... box, made of wood and with metal corners, looking like it's just emerged straight out of an Eastern fantasy setting, decorated with symbols such as the yin-yang and the taijitu. It's tied with thick rope warded with streamers, and some other distinctly miko-esque belongings are present... such as a purification rod with two streamers tied to one end of it.

banthesun
2014-12-27, 12:14 AM
"But that's my- Wait!? You've moved in here!?"

Kyoko's eyes widened in surprise. That'd explain why she was here at least, but if she was allowed to stay in this dorm, wouldn't that mean she also had to be a persona user?

"Wait, does that mean you're a... you know..." Kyoko trailed off, not wanting to say it aloud.

Merilan
2014-12-27, 12:29 AM
At first, Myung-hon didn't appear to quite make the connection - but then it's evident soon enough with the talks she's had with the heads of the dorms. "You called the power... 'Persona'," the word not quite coming out right, even more foreign for her. "I had understood it as shinbyeong, as per my religion, but now I understand it to be a bigger phenomenon..."

She takes a small towel to wipe her sweating forehead, taking shallow breaths for a moment.

banthesun
2014-12-27, 01:04 AM
Kyoko looked dissapointed. "Ahh, I don't really know that much about this stuff, even if I have been here for a while now. Did they tell you what you have to do?" she asked.

Ah, another persona user... Well, with how weird she is, I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

Merilan
2014-12-27, 01:14 AM
Myung-hon glances aside, and then quietly says, "As I understand it, we are to engage as a paramilitary strike team to eliminate supernatural elements around the city, with tactical backup offered over radio comms."

Yep, that Weird quotient is just rising up and up.

She glances away, perhaps with a rather complicated expression on her face; on the one hand, she is no stranger to violence and danger of this sort, but perhaps she doesn't understand her Grandfather's decision to send her here. She thought she might've escaped it... but no.

"Um-- you have more experience than I do... could you tell me what it is like?"

banthesun
2014-12-27, 01:28 AM
Kyoko nodded. It was weird being the veteran here; she normally considered herself one of the least informed members. She hadn't noticed anything weird about Myung-hon's response either, Kyoko had just assumed she was repeating whatever the instructors had told her.

"Well, I'm not really sure how to describe it," she replied, her eyes pointed at the floor. "The monsters are really crazy, and I'd never been in any fight like that before, but it's sorta less scary than I'd expect. I think maybe Mimi makes me feel more comfortable or something. I mainly stay back and let Mimi do the fighting, but some of the others really get up in it! What Tsubaki has to do looks a lot more scary than what I'm up to!"

Kyoko paused for a moment. She felt bad for laying all this on the newcomer, so she looked up at Myung-hon and finished, "But it's not like anything bad has happened so far!"

Merilan
2014-12-27, 01:32 AM
"Mimi...?" Myung-hon says, after cupping her mouth momentarily. She searches around, and finds a bottle of water to drink to try to aid her current dietary ailment. Maglutendyne is a deadly element spell to hit her with, it seems. One More!

Myung-hon had to admit, she wasn't ever expecting something like this. This felt -- oddly familiar to her situation before; did grandfather pick her out knowing this? Or did something happen with the Japanese government or the UN? The questions were mounting in her head, and she didn't really know whether she wanted to broach the topic with him.

"Is that what you call your... Persona?"

banthesun
2014-12-27, 04:00 AM
Kyoko watched Myung-hon as she drank. It felt weird, explaining this to her right now. Kyoko felt she should be offering sympathy or something instead.

"Oh, yeah, that's what my persona's called, I think. I'm not sure what it is, really; everyone else seems to have historical figures. Oh, we all have different personas, if you didn't know! Mimi's like, well, it's really creepy looking, but I get this weird feeling like it's really a nice... whatever it is. I don't really know much about this stuff though."

Merilan
2014-12-27, 04:09 AM
Myung-hon is in a difficult position. She doesn't presume to understand everything, but up until she received her velvet card and discovered the existence of these other Persona users, things were... clear to her. If troubling.

"It would be difficult enough, but they bestow power upon us... provide your trust and faith in them, as much as you can," Myung-hon tries to advise, but it's a little difficult when you sound like you're proselytising while wheat gluten is doing a number on your system.

"I, for one, enjoy your faith in me. It feels cheap and strained, like a used stocking. Also, you're retching a little," comments Pari Kongju internally, while the shrine maiden reaches for a handkerchief to wipe her mouth.

banthesun
2014-12-27, 05:30 AM
Kyoko couldn't claim to really understand what Myung-hon was trying to say. Everyone seemed to have such deep view about what these personas were though, so she couldn't help but feel a little dumb. There wasn't really a point in worrying about it though, so Kyoko brushed the thought from her mind.

"Well, anyway, I guess it's cool that you're here now! And we're sharing a room! Most of the people here are pretty nice, though there's a few who are a bit scary. You're going to be starting school soon too?"

Merilan
2014-12-27, 11:50 AM
"I-- yes, I will be starting on Monday..." Myung-hon says, with some rather obvious reticience. "I'm not certain I am ready, but I will handle it one step at a time. I also still to unpack my belongings."

banthesun
2014-12-27, 11:51 PM
"Ahh, it totally must be hard for you, moving in here and starting school at the same time. Have you ever lived away from home before?" asked Kyoko, with a gentle expression. "I know moving away from your family can be a big change, but hey, I managed all right!"

Merilan
2014-12-30, 04:39 AM
"Yes," Myung-hon says, ambiguously. "The adjustments here are... a bit different, but I imagine I would get used to it..."

banthesun
2014-12-30, 04:47 AM
Kyoko raised one of her eyebrows. She couldn't get a read on what Myung-hon was thinking, but that could just be up to the sickness she'd been dealing with.

"Yeah! And we can help if you're having trouble, probably! Uh, though, you can get take away if you don't want to eat other people's cooking, heheh... Hey, are you feeling any better?"

Merilan
2014-12-30, 11:55 AM
Myung-hon quietly nods, saying, "I do not feel as if I would throw up anymore. I ate so many unusual and new things, like... I think the cook said it was 'bread'."

banthesun
2014-12-30, 11:21 PM
If Kyoko had been drinking, she probably would have had a spit take. As it was, she started coughing a little, before turning to Myung-hon with wide eyes.

"Bread!? You mean, like, normal bread? They didn't say anything like 'melon bread' or something like that? You really haven't had just regular bread before?" Kyoko was so surprised she didn't even realise how rude she might sound.

Merilan
2014-12-31, 02:22 AM
It's almost expected, really, that Myung-hon's response would be a quiet nod. "Yes... I haven't had anything like it."

banthesun
2014-12-31, 02:59 AM
Myung-hon's quiet reply put a damper on Kyoko's surprise. This girl might be utterly bizarre, but it wouldn't be nice to rub it in. Calming herself down, Kyoko replied, "Uh, what kind of food did you eat back at home? Bread's kinda pretty ordinary for most people, and I don't think I've heard of it making people sick... I mean, it's more popular with foriegners, but you can get it pretty much everywhere."

Merilan
2014-12-31, 03:03 AM
The answer really shouldn't be that surprising in hindsight:

"Tofu."

Myung-hon pauses, her face more strait-laced than it should be, and then she adds, "Rice, vegetables. We cook devotion cuisine at home."

banthesun
2014-12-31, 03:22 AM
"Oh..."

I should have guessed something like that! She's an actual shrine maiden, after all!

Kyoko bowed her head and replied. "Uh, sorry, I shouldn't have... Um, does that mean you're not allowed to eat that kind of food? Like, you can't have meat and things?"

Merilan
2014-12-31, 03:27 AM
Myung-hon doesn't look like she particularly is sure of the answer, but advises, "It is the requirement for the shrine, but I do not think grandfather has ever told me to abide by it outside..."

A pause, and then she says, "However, I think I might have become sick because I am unused to those foods."

banthesun
2014-12-31, 03:34 AM
"Hmmmm"

Kyoko pressed a finger to her lips as she took in what Myung-hon had said, before remarking "Well, we should get you to try lots of stuff! Well, uh, if we can make sure you're not going to get sick again! There's tons of things I bet you'll like better than bread! We'll just have to be careful."

Merilan
2014-12-31, 04:01 AM
In truth, Myung-hon was never a picky eater. Whether or not she'd be ill over it, food was food; it'd always been taught to be a scarce, valuable commodity for her. "I'll try to not be a bother, but thank you," Myung-hon nods, totally sounding as if she's speaking to a sempai.

banthesun
2014-12-31, 05:24 AM
Myung-hon might be as weird as some of the other persona users, but at least she was polite! Kyoko smiled at her, and began planning foods she'd have to introduce Myung-hon to. If she was going to be her friend, then Kyoko would need to do stuff like that. They could go to a cake shop sometime, that'd be sure to impress her, as long as it doesn't make her sick... Kyoko happily sat on the couch with Myung-hon for a while, before another thought hit her.

"Oh, have you chosen a bunk yet? We'll be sharing a room, so if you need any help you can just ask me!"

Merilan
2015-01-01, 12:45 PM
One can just imagine the dairy and gluten fiends that might populate Myung-hon's Shadow Dungeons. But perhaps some delicious rice cakes would be in order.

"Oh..." Myung-hon hits that realisation, before she shakes her head. "No, they told me that I would have to liaise with the other students for that arrangement, so I set my belongings outside for now."

banthesun
2015-01-02, 12:11 AM
"Ah, well..." Kyoko considered the possibilities. She didn't know whether any of the other new arrivals had chosen bunks yet, but perhaps it'd be okay to give a suggestion. "Well, I think the bunk above mine is still free, if you want! Or, uh, you could take the one opposite if you prefer!" she added, concerned she might seem a bit foward.

Merilan
2015-01-02, 12:17 AM
Myung-hon looks a little confused, saying, "The... bunk above you? Do the dorms not use futons...?" Oh my, someone's clearly expecting to just roll out a futon and sleep on the floor, likely on a traditional Japanese tatami.

banthesun
2015-01-02, 12:31 AM
"Oh, no, they've got western style beds here!" Kyoko stood up to go show Myung-hon before remembering that she'd been feeling sick. "Don't worry, they're much more comfortable than just a futon! But, uh, maybe a top bunk's not such a good idea, if you aren't used to western beds, that is."

Merilan
2015-01-02, 12:40 AM
"I admit I am not... but, I would be willing to give it a try," Myung-hon replies quietly. "Perhaps we could see how they are like?"

banthesun
2015-01-02, 12:59 AM
"Alright then!"

Kyoko hurried ahead, leading the way for Myung-hon and smiling as if it was some kind of game. Once inside the bedroom, she gestures at a messy bed in the corner, covered in an array of stuffed toys. A ladder leads up to the bunk above, a freshly made bed, though the bunk's railing is a low affair, more for keeping the matress in place than stopping and active sleepers from rolling out.

"That's mine there! If you're feeling up to it, you could try the top bunk, see how you like it!"

Merilan
2015-01-02, 01:15 AM
Kyoko's enthusiasm is dear to Myung-hon, who... takes her sweet time getting up and walking, still wobbly from her first encounter with bread. Someday, she'll conquer it, when she finds the gluten-free section of the supermarket. "This is a..."

She takes a moment to take the room in, clearly unused to the idea of a Western-style bedroom, and one for four at that. "These are your belongings, then...?" She looks at one of the stuffed toys. She holds onto the bed frame, and stares up the ladder. "I see... so it saves on space."

banthesun
2015-01-02, 01:28 AM
Kyoko waited expectantly for Myung-hon to give her opinion on the bedroom; she was having much too much fun showing this girl new things. When she commented on the soft toys Kyoko jumped at the chance to show them to her. She passed Myung-hon a cartoony toy bear.

"Yup! They're all gifts from a friend! Aren't they cute! Do you have any of your own?"

If she didn't know what bread was, probably not... But even Tsubaki has that stuffed tiger, so who knows!

Merilan
2015-01-02, 02:44 AM
Myung-hon blinks a few times, before accepting the bear to her hands and staring to it. Myung-hon offers a quiet smile and a, "It's rather attractive. Is that why you collect these items? But, ah... I do have one." Surprise!

The shrine maiden hobbles around outside to where her belongings are, and unties the massive sacred rope around her box, rummaging through its contents. She eventually unearths a clothed object, and unwraps the cloth around it; there's a small dog stuffy inside, which... has definitely seen better days; it looks like its fabric has been burnt, and frozen and unfrozen and frozen again at other parts, and is permanently blackened with layers of soot. "This is, um, Mugunghwa."

banthesun
2015-01-02, 03:02 AM
"Well, that and they're cuddly too! I think they help make the place feel like home, though I guess I didn't really have that much trouble settling in."

Kyoko looked in at the little bundle of fabric and let out a little gasp. "Wow..." she mouthed, almost silently, feeling as even talking loudly could damage the worn toy, "How long have you had that for!? It looks really old!"

Merilan
2015-01-02, 04:08 AM
Myung-hon has to stop to think about it; clearly, it's quite the keepsake. "I think mother gave it to me when I was a little baby... Mugunghwa's been my companion for a long time."

She puts the stuffy back to the crate, and quietly lifts it with effort. She's still unsteady as she moves her belongings proper to the room, turning over her shoulder. "Oh, could you please bring my gohei for me...? Thank you."

banthesun
2015-01-02, 05:43 AM
Kyoko was impressed with the old soft toy, though she figured it wouldn't be very useful for hugging these days, as worn as it was. She moved to offer her help when Myung-hon picked up the trunk, but wasn't clear enough to actually take the box from her.

"Uh, sure, it's out here?" Kyoko asked, before finding the stick and bringing it in. "You don't need it for anything here though, right? Just for when you go to work at the shrine?"

Merilan
2015-01-02, 12:14 PM
It's a good thing Kyoko does, since she probably could've tipped it over with how hazy her strength seems to be at the moment. "Ah, thank you."

She looks behind her as Kyoko enters with the gohei, and then bites her lip for a moment. "Ah, how do I put it... I prefer to use it if I must-- use Persona." The word still sounds rather foreign to her.

"You know your ancestral mudang would never use a foreign tool like that, fu fu..." taunts Pari Kongju, within Myung-hon.

banthesun
2015-01-02, 10:30 PM
"Oh, it's for that stuff..." Kyoko's face fell for a moment before perking back up again. "Well, at least it's nicer than those 'evoker' things! Hopefully you won't need it too much."

Merilan
2015-01-02, 10:36 PM
Somehow, Myung-hon knows that outlook may be a little optimistic... but, she nods, since it would be quite nice. "Yes, I hope so too."

She quietly starts to unpack her belongings from the crate; there's hardly anything modern-looking in it, and all her clothes seem to be... shrine-like.

banthesun
2015-01-02, 10:50 PM
At the break in conversation, Kyoko pulled out her phone and started fiddling with it, but before long something else caught her attention.

"Hmm? Are those all your clothes? They're, uh, kinda traditional, aren't they?"

Merilan
2015-01-02, 10:51 PM
Myung-hon blinks, unaware that anything is peculiar. "Hmm...?" She's lifting one of her haori and folding it neatly onto a dresser, once Kyoko's appointed which one she can use. "Ah, is there something odd about them? Oh, I did receive notice I would have to acquire some school uniforms?"

banthesun
2015-01-02, 11:24 PM
"Oh, yeah, you'll need school uniforms. But don't you have any casual clothes? Like for going out and stuff?"

Remembering who she was talking to, Kyoko went over to her drawer and started digging out clothes. Ugh, almost everything I have is long sleeved! She's not going to want something like that in this heat... Finding a magenta camisole, she pulled it out as an example.

"Just stuff you can wear on weekends, when you go out and stuff. Like, I don't want to be rude or anything, but you kinda stand out in your shrine maiden outfit, if you know what I mean. I'm sure we could find something you'd look good in!"

Merilan
2015-01-02, 11:26 PM
"Casual... clothes?" Myung-hon asks, once again sounding perfectly earnest about her lack of understanding of the differences. "H-hmm... well, if you believe that is a requirement now that I am staying in these dormitories, then I will look into it."

banthesun
2015-01-02, 11:49 PM
"Oh, well, no, it's not a requirement as such! Not like school clothes or anything! But it's good for if you want to go out! And you can get comfy clothes, or pretty clothes..." Kyoko finished with a shrug. It felt like she'd messed up explaining this to Myung-hon.

Merilan
2015-01-02, 11:53 PM
"Grandfather allotted an allowance for me, but I did not particularly know what to use it on... because food is served here, I suppose clothes would become the next order of importance," Myung-hon comments, that stiffness in dialogue coming through again for a moment.

banthesun
2015-01-03, 12:24 AM
"Ah, well, we should go shopping some time! Though, uh, maybe in a smaller group than last time... You can borrow my clothes if you need anything before then though!" Kyoko paused, sizing her up. "Uh, hopefully there'll be something that's alright..."

Merilan
2015-01-03, 12:39 AM
Myung-hon's perfectly average height and frankly wiry figure would probably mean anything could go on her -- at the risk of sliding straight through. "I-- will be fine, unless you don't think so? I do not mind wearing shrine clothing, it is perfectly comfortable to me regardless of the weather."

banthesun
2015-01-03, 01:05 AM
Kyoko waved her hands in front of her, realising how her words might have come across. "Nononono! Don't worry, I'm sure your outfit will be fine! Shrine maidens are important, after all!" Still, Kyoko worried about what people might say to Myung-hon. Maybe she'd change her mind after a while at school. "Just, consider the offer open, that's all!"

Merilan
2015-01-03, 01:27 AM
Myung-hon can sense that this may be of some importance for Kyoko, so she does prompt her, looking to the camisole, "Then, what kind of clothes do you find appropriate for... 'going out', Kyoko?"

banthesun
2015-01-03, 02:12 AM
A tiny flicker crossed Kyoko's eyes, and she shifted her left arm behind her body. "Oh, me? Well I guess it depends on who I'm out with. When I'm out with friends I like wearing stuff that's cute and comfortable, like that top, I guess. With a larger group, well, I sorta wear plainer stuff. Long sleeves and such."

Merilan
2015-01-03, 02:53 AM
"There are a lot of visitors to the shrine, on some days... but I admit I've never truly paid close attention to their clothing, or why they would wear such a thing," Myung-hon lifts the camisole up and admits, "This is a bit thin."

banthesun
2015-01-03, 03:11 AM
Kyoko nodded along as Myung-hon talked. Would she perhaps be paying more attention to what other people wore from now on? Kyoko kinda hoped that their conversation would be important enough to encourage her to, more out of a personal pride than any consideration of the result. She was caught short when Myung-hon commented on how thin the camisole was.

"Huh, what? It doesn't really get cold here, does it? Even in winter? You could wear something over the top of it, though."

Merilan
2015-01-03, 03:13 AM
Perhaps it's a concern out of modesty. Was Myung-hon the prudish type? She might, given her ascetic upbringing... "Ah, that is true. Like undergarments, then..." Myung-hon blinks a little bit, before -- actually, glancing to what Kyoko was wearing then.

banthesun
2015-01-03, 03:35 AM
Kyoko's eyes followed Myung-hon's down, and she realised Myung-hon was taking in her outfit. Kyoko felt a touch embarrassed, just wearing her house clothes as she was, a t-shirt with a character design from a childrens show and loose track pants. She might have just been espousing the values of casual wear, but this was a bit more casual than she liked to be seen in, especially by people she'd only recently met. And Myung-hon apparently thought she'd just shown her her underwear too!

"Uh, no, uh, no, it's not like that! It's more like just something light you can wear! Like, on a hot day, right? And it's not like you can see anything through it or anything! It's just a cute top!" Kyoko replied hurriedly.

Merilan
2015-01-03, 03:55 AM
Myung-hon flinches a little, not expecting Kyoko to also look embarrassed. Fearful of committing a faux pas, she blurts out, "I am sorry. I did not mean to stare." She looks to her own clothes, full white and red haori with all the red-threaded tassels and ribbons; she's dressed formally, because she was attending a new place. "Perhaps-- you could suggest what would be comfortable to wear in the evening?" She tries, to try mollifying the situation.

banthesun
2015-01-03, 04:11 AM
Myung-hon's attempts seemed to work, as Kyoko stumbled or her reply, trying to be clear for Myung-hon.

"Uh, well, I kinda like wearing loose clothes when I'm just relaxing. Like, just t-shirt and pants." she gave a shrug and continued, "Whatever you prefer works, really. You must have something you wear at home, right? Oh, but you should look for something light for pyjamas, since normal ones get kinda hot here..."

Merilan
2015-01-03, 04:24 AM
Myung-hon's face lights up as if she's clicked, but here it comes, another social oddity... well, sort of. "Ah, at the shrine?" She rummages into her crate, and pulls out... a yukata. Of course. "Grandfather has loaned me a few pairs from previous shrine maidens, since he isn't very good at tailoring..."

banthesun
2015-01-03, 04:30 AM
"Oh wow!"

Though a yukata is probably an odd choice for casual wear, Kyoko was fond enough of them not to strike it down.

"Most people only wear them at festivals, but if you like wearing them all the time, then sure! I prefer simpler clothes..." The thought that they might not aggree on what's considered 'simple' didn't occur to her. "...but those are really nice! Uh, wouldn't it be a bit awkward to sleep in one of those though?"

Merilan
2015-01-03, 04:43 AM
"Hmm... I've always slept in one every night," Myung-hon explains. "They're loose and comfortable, but you can tie them if you need to do chores or other physical work. And since they're one piece, they're also very easy to wash and hang on the line."

She holds one up, which is simple white, with a blue flower design at the bottom. "I could lend you one, if you would like?"

banthesun
2015-01-03, 04:50 AM
"Huh, I would have expected them to bunch up and be all uncomfortable if you slept in them..." Kyoko pondered.

She shook her head at the offer. It was nice, but she didn't need it. And with how little stuff this girl seemed to own, it wouldn't do to take anything else away. "Thank you, but no. I was going to make myself a new one, actually! Oh yeah, you said your grandfather couldn't tailor stuff? You should talk to Asami about that! She's the nice one with the hair over one eye. She's really good at that stuff!"

Merilan
2015-01-03, 05:02 AM
"Ah... I will," Myung-hon nods. "I have met her on one occasion before, prior to moving to these dormitories. She seems kind."

banthesun
2015-01-03, 06:36 AM
"Oh, you have?" It might have been more of a surprise from someone else; by this point Kyoko was getting used to Myung-hon saying unexpected things.

"Yeah, she's really nice! She taught me how to sew stuff!" Kyoko paused. "Hmmm, I guess you're okay on everything for now... Hey, how are you feeling?"

Merilan
2015-01-03, 12:12 PM
Myung-hon tilts her head and says, 'Hmm... I'm still quite dizzy. It might be best if I lay down for a bit." She looks to the top bunk for a moment.