PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Elemental companion

MediaMoogle
2014-12-26, 12:33 AM
I plan on taking an elemental companion for my druid using the complete mage substitution level at level 1.

My alarm is that it appears I need to have knowledge planes:1 already before I start level 1, Would I need to take a class with a LA +1 or more in order to do this?

Troacctid
2014-12-26, 12:43 AM
The cross-class skill cap at level 1 is 2 ranks, so just put skill points into it at 1st level and you'll be fine.

eggynack
2014-12-26, 12:44 AM
You can just pick up the skills at first level, and that counts for ACF purposes. To quote complete mage page 32, "Since skill ranks are purchased before class features are selected (PH 58 59), you can meet this requirement at the same level that you gain the alternative class feature."

DrMotives
2014-12-26, 12:49 AM
Not at all, things you get at level n can be used to meet prerequisites for things gained at level n. So you just need to buy at least 1 rank in knowledge (the planes). Otherwise, a 1st level character could never have a feat like mounted combat, since it requires 1 rank in ride. That's not what was intended, it's meant for you to be able to do this from level 1 with a standard race.