PDA

View Full Version : TPAY/TPBY Would you rather...

Inevitability
2014-12-26, 10:16 AM
The idea of this game is simple. Someone posts two choices, somewhat close to each other in terms of desirability, and the next poster then answers the question and poses a new one.

With that explained, let's play!

Would you rather breathe like Darth Vader, or talk like Yoda?

rafet
2014-12-30, 12:17 PM
Clearly I would rather breathe like Darth Vader, slowly walk around everywhere like I own the place.

Would you rather be an indomatiable warrior with only one arm. Or A powerful mage limited to his wheel chair.

zeifly
2014-12-30, 05:15 PM
I would rather be a powerful mage limited to a wheel chair. Then I'd be like Professor Xavier.

Would you rather be forced to eternally play Munchkin OR have to watch an episode of Firefly everyday

thirsting
2014-12-30, 07:10 PM
Firefly. Saw Serenity some time ago, and it was okay. Episode of Firefly is something between 30 and 60 minutes? That once a day, even after a couple dozen repeats would be bearable. Eternity spent playing a single game, any game, would likely turn into boredom hell relatively fast.

Would you rather lose your sense of smell (and a large chunk of taste along with it) or your somatic senses (pain, heat, cold, touch)?

Inevitability
2014-12-31, 02:52 AM
Sense of smell. While it would be hard to get used to it in the beginning, it would mean I lose interest in many tasty-but-unhealthy foods and can eat healthy-but-unsavory food as much as I want to.

Would you rather be send for the rest of your life on a mission to the Moon, or to Mars?

IZ42
2015-01-05, 09:24 AM
Mars actually. Less people there.

Would you rather swing on a staaaaaaaar? Or would you rather be a pig?

Mtnoma
2015-01-05, 08:44 PM
swing on a staaaaaaaar, there's a miniscule chance I'd tame it's wild, wild heart and absorb it's power...

No I don't know either.

It's a little crass, but
Would you rather make love to a woman who's top half was human and bottom half was a fish. Or a woman who's top half was a fish, and bottom half was a woman?

Ridin'TheCrash
2015-01-06, 03:58 AM
Call me old fashion but top half woman, Mermaids are hot.

And inspired by that . . .
Would you rather have to go the rest of your life with the bottom half of a horse or a donkey?(IE Centaur or Satyr)

Dudeons
2015-01-11, 12:46 PM
Satyr all the way. Call me old-fashioned, but I'd like to stay bipedal.

Would you rather punch a cactus so hard your fist goes through it, or put a toothpick under your toenail and kick a wall?

thirsting
2015-01-11, 01:21 PM
Defeating evil cacti would net you some refreshing water to tend your wounds with, at least. That other option.... is not an option. Just, ouch! :smalleek:

Would you rather serve King Joffrey (Game of Thrones) or Saruman (Lord of the Rings)?

miner3203
2015-01-16, 01:12 AM
Saruman, for he is Saruman the Wise, Saruman Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!

Would you rather live the rest of your life in Middle-Earth or in the Galaxy Far, Far, Away...?

Targ Collective
2015-01-25, 02:06 AM
Middle Earth - crucially, *after* the One Ring has been destroyed.

Jump up? Or kneel down?

Dudeons
2015-01-25, 03:20 AM
Jump up. Kneeling sounds quite boring.

Would you rather the power of flight or the power of teleportation?

Inevitability
2015-01-25, 06:34 AM
Teleportation. That is, as long as my possessions teleport along.

Would you rather be teleported ten meters up, or ten meters down?

Jormengand
2015-01-25, 07:20 AM
Down; I'd end up in the downstairs guest room rather than up on the roof of the house.

Be Durkon or be V?

goto124
2015-01-25, 11:42 PM
Overpowered wizard who actually gets to do lots of cool stuff versus lame boring paladin who loses control of his own body? V please.

Pigeons or penguins?

Targ Collective
2015-01-26, 01:24 AM
Pigeons. I don't like the cold.

Does it say you have to limit to two? No? Good.

EDIT: Yes it does, actually. Still. Let's expand the premise.

A magic genie appears and says you have three choices - to go on a quest to save the genie's kingdom, in which case the genie will give you infinite full power wishes, to have the genie leave you alone, or three 'creatively interpreted' full power wishes. What do you select?

thirsting
2015-01-26, 02:34 AM
Please don't contact me anymore, genie. I can't see it ending well (for me) if I choose anything else.

"You think this is easy for me? Would YOU rather be the one with the ultimate potential and power of the dreams, or would you like to remain the one not bound to a flask, never needing to cater to the wishes of selfish ignoramuses?"

The_Ditto
2015-01-27, 01:39 PM
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfTfXLLJlzM

Itty bitty living space.

I could probably live with that .. the amusement gained in screwing with people's wishes ... yeah, I'm an evil sum-bit :smallamused:

An age old question:
1) To have loved and lost.
or
2) To Never have loved at all?
:smallamused:

Dudeons
2015-01-27, 02:39 PM
To have never loved. You can't miss what you've never had.

Would you rather be the absolute best at everything, or have everyone else be worse than you at everything?

@V: Wording is everything. :smallamused:

miner3203
2015-01-27, 07:18 PM
Those are both the same thing

Would you rather be able to levitate or shrink (and return to your original size) at will?

Jormengand
2015-01-27, 09:19 PM
Depends on the exact parameters. How fast and high, how small and how strong and what happens to my clothes? When I levitate, how much can I take with me? With such badly-defined abilities, I'd probably take levitation - there's less that can go wrong, unless I suddenly can't turn it off which seems unlikely. I could even work around no slow-fall or it being a set force which wouldn't instantly stop a fall.

Would you rather be an irresistible force or an immovable object?

Targ Collective
2015-01-27, 09:58 PM
I'd rather be an irresistible force. Moot point - I already am one.

Good? Bad? Indifferent? Or something inbetween?

rafet
2015-01-28, 08:08 AM
Something indifferent, good isn't self-rewarding, bad has to work to hard

Mathematical savant or writer extraordinaire?

Dudeons
2015-01-28, 10:36 AM
I'm already a good writer, so I'm going to see how mathematical geniuses work.

Would you rather be unhealthily underweight or unhealthily overweight?

Inevitability
2015-01-28, 12:29 PM
Unhealtily underweight. Gaining weight is much easier than losing it, isn't it?

Would you rather have no hands, or no feet?

Targ Collective
2015-01-29, 08:34 PM
No feet. Not that I'm suggesting this mind. Modern prosthesis allow for an almost normal lifestyle, and imagine having no grip, no ability to type, no *tool using* ability. A fate worse than death methinks.

Salted caramel cheesecake or plain caramel cheesecake?

goto124
2015-01-30, 07:03 AM
Plain. What is this salt and caramel thing anyway? Caramel on its own is wierd enough.

A stick of butter or a tub of margarine?

Jormengand
2015-01-30, 07:20 AM
Butter. Eww margarine.

If you had no further information, would you rather be controlled, altered or deleted?

Peebles
2015-01-30, 07:23 AM
Altered. Still not great, but better than controlled or deleted.

Would you rather eat an entire jar of bees, or let said jar of bees sting you?

rafet
2015-01-30, 12:05 PM
If there are paramedics nearby, I'll take the stings. I generally have high tolerance pain over taste.

Would you rather have a dull GM or a GM that kills a PC every session?

Inevitability
2015-01-31, 05:11 AM
A PC-killing one. I'll just watch out and make sure I'm not that PC. And it'd make for a better story on these boards.

Would you rather be attacked by a butterfly, or by a ladybug?

JaminDM
2015-01-31, 02:42 PM
Ladybirds, because they are easier to catch.

Would you rather: be a gargantuan ant or a tiny lion?

thirsting
2015-01-31, 09:29 PM
Tiny lion; bigger chance to be seen as something cute, instead of monstrosity that must be dealt with harshly.

Would you rather have a super power, or be the (normal human) leader of organisation composed of super powered people?

Dudeons
2015-01-31, 09:47 PM
Having superpowers. If I'm leading superhumans, there's too much risk for betrayal.

Would you rather: Superman or Batman?

*takes cover*

goto124
2015-02-01, 06:06 AM
I'll be Superman. His life is so much easier, since he has actual superpowers, and once I put on glasses no one know my other side. Batman's all dark and hide in the shadows kind of person- I would rather read stories about him, than to actually be him.

Superman reading Batman comics. Eheheh.

Would you rather play a male or female character?

Peebles
2015-02-02, 03:59 AM
Female, more down to experience than anything. I've kind of given up trying to work out how men think. :smalltongue:

Would you rather become a vegan, or only ever be able to eat bacon sammiches?

thirsting
2015-02-02, 05:39 AM
Bacon is delicious, but is it delicious enough to.... oh yes it is! Bacon Sandwiches for every meal! *three years later, heart attack*

Would you rather fish a fish or cook a fish?

(Un)Inspired
2015-02-02, 10:29 AM
Cook that fish! I've never successfully caught a fish in my life.

Would you rather be forced to begin each conversation by saying "Hubba Hubba", suggestive eyebrow wiggling, and wolf-whistling or be awoken each morning by a stranger savagely biting you on the rear?

Inevitability
2015-02-02, 04:24 PM
WHO EVEN MAKES U... Ah, nevermind. I'll take the rearbiter.

Would you rather have a beard made of fish, or toenails made out of cockroaches? Neither can be removed from your body without causing massive injury.

Dudeons
2015-02-02, 04:47 PM
Beard made of fish. All the benefits of having a beard, but things don't get caught in it anymore!

Would you rather spend the rest of your life with wearing clown makeup or clown clothes?

(Un)Inspired
2015-02-02, 06:12 PM
Beard made of fish. All the benefits of having a beard, but things don't get caught in it anymore!

Would you rather spend the rest of your life with wearing clown makeup or clown clothes?

Oh god that's tough. I guess I'd go with clown clothes; I can't cover up this punam.

Would you rather lack fingernails or nipples?

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-02-03, 02:47 PM
Nipples, considering that my own are rather vestigial to begin with.

Would you rather have giraffe-sized legs or a giraffe-sized neck?

goto124
2015-02-03, 10:30 PM
Legs. It might be difficult to squeeze in some places, but it beats passing out so often from lack of blood to the brain, not to mention eating and drinking becoming huge problems. I can't even reach my own head...

Would you rather be under control of an oppressive ruler, or have to take care of a really annoying whiny girl?

Dudeons
2015-02-03, 10:58 PM
Oppressive ruler. You can't assassinate a little girl, no matter how annoying, without feeling bad about yourself.

Would you rather become so famous that everyone in the world knows who you are, or be completely unnoticeable to everyone in the entire world?

goto124
2015-02-03, 11:03 PM
Unnoticed. I can pick stuff off the shelves of the supermarket and others will be none the wiser. I can run naked in the streets and the police won't chase me. I can listen to everyone else's stories, watch them do private things...

But the entire world knowing me? People following me eveywhere, every single thing I do will be noticed and critized. Long lines of assassins too. Hard to enjoy anything like that.

Heck, I'm already the former IRL.

Would you rather have rice or potatoes?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-02-03, 11:24 PM
Rice is a little easier to prepare.

Would you rather be stuck with a cell phone that's cursed with perpetual static, or a land line that counters any static on the other end?

goto124
2015-02-03, 11:36 PM
How modern are the phones? I could use Whatsapp forever. Even if it's the old kind of cell phone, it's not like today's phone talks are much better anyway :P

Would you rather have a pound of chicken, or a 5 grams of beef?

(Un)Inspired
2015-02-04, 12:37 AM
How modern are the phones? I could use Whatsapp forever. Even if it's the old kind of cell phone, it's not like today's phone talks are much better anyway :P

Would you rather have a pound of chicken, or a 5 grams of beef?

I already have, like a pound of chicken in my fridge so I'll take the beef... I guess?

Would you rather have hands for feet or feet for hands?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-02-04, 01:05 AM
Hands for feet, hands for feet! You hear that, monkey bars?! I'M COMING FOR YOU.

(Well, unless you just plan on replacing my feet with more guns. Then I'm in some trouble.)

Would you rather someone buy you an alcoholic drink, or a milkshake?

(Un)Inspired
2015-02-04, 01:39 AM
Milkshake please! People buy me alcoholic drinks at work all the time but no one ever buys me milkshakes.

Would you rather loose the ability to feel love for anyone ever or never be loved by anyone ever?

Peebles
2015-02-04, 04:00 AM
Use the ability to feel love for anyone, definitely. Sometimes being able to hurts too much, and at least you'd save yourself from that.

Would you rather have to catch everything you eat, or eat anything you catch?

goto124
2015-02-04, 04:41 AM
If I had to catch my own food, I probably have to eat all of it anyway. If I went for the latter, what counts as 'catching'? If I chase my neighbor's pet dog and caught it, must I eat it? Can I no longer play Catch with my friends, lest I must eat them? :smalleek:

Would you rather have to wear 10 inches thick head to toe clothing, or nothing at all, all the time?

(Un)Inspired
2015-02-04, 11:11 AM
Ten inches is a lot of clothing. I guess I won't post any more pictures online cause I'm gonna be nude.

Would you rather have Super-Chewing powers or be able to squirt varnish the way Spider-Man sprays webbing ?

thirsting
2015-02-07, 04:26 AM
Squirting varnish would make taking care of our wooden balcony-chairs so much easier... But ew? The smell - how do you ever get rid of it?

Would you rather own a small company and deal with all the stress that comes along, or have a steady job in a bigger company, never having to worry about the big picture? No, nevermind. Too much grimdark realworld stuff. Let's try again.

Would you rather be an underfunded but respected archeologist who manages to unravel the mysteries of the past, or a successful graverobber getting rich through questionable means, uncaught?

rafet
2015-02-13, 12:12 PM
Grave robber, I bringing resources back into the economy that were useless underground. Totally respectable career.

A year with no backed goods, or a year with no meat?

Inevitability
2015-02-13, 03:58 PM
No meat. Meat has plenty of alternatives, while baked goods are an irreplaceable part of my meals.

Would you rather grow a second tongue, or grow a second nose?

Torzini
2015-02-13, 09:44 PM
I guess a second tongue, because at least nobody would see it unless I opened my mouth (and hey, double the taste buds to enjoy yummy foods!)

Would you rather: go deaf, or have to listen to Mariah Carey 16 hours a day for the rest of your life?

Wheelhouse
2015-02-13, 09:46 PM
Tongue! On my back, for chairs?

Would you rather be a cellphone or wrapping paper?

goto124
2015-02-14, 10:31 AM
A cellphone. I can listen to conversations, and maybe do other fun stuff if I'm more advanced. Beats getting cooked with cookies...

Would you rather have no one show up at your wedding, or funeral?

Inevitability
2015-02-14, 11:49 AM
Funeral obviously. I mean, it's not like I'll be around to feel hurt. And no one alive will feel hurt either, since they didn't go either.

Would you rather be unable to use smileys or unable to use ampersands for the rest of your life?

Targ Collective
2015-02-14, 12:00 PM
Smileys. Some web addresses contain ampersands. Such as Youtube.

Half empty and continually refilling or half full and continually draining?

Dudeons
2015-02-14, 12:25 PM
Half empty and refilling. Things can only improve.

Would you rather be forced to do a humiliating ritual in order to roll a 20, or only be able to roll ones for the rest of your life?

Torzini
2015-02-14, 12:54 PM
Roll ones. That's not far from my normal, terrible luck when RNG is involved anyway.

Aaaaand since my last post got doubled up on and my question didn't get responded to... :smalltongue:

Would you rather: go deaf, or have to listen to Mariah Carey 16 hours a day for the rest of your life?

goto124
2015-02-15, 02:26 AM
I'll be essentially deaf for the Mariah Doom Hours, except I'm hearing voices in my head. And the other 24-16=8 hours will be spent fearing the next day. SILENCE!

Would you rather be a kiwi bird or a penguin?

thirsting
2015-02-15, 05:15 AM
Kiwi bird. I wouldn't like to live where penguins live.

Would you rather be cursed with reverse gravity (affecting only you - don't go outside without safety rope!) or be cursed with slowness (every time you move or do anything, you can only operate at half the speed)?

Peebles
2015-02-16, 05:37 AM
Reverse Gravity - can't help but imagine that being fun, at least some of the time. Just need to remember to rope up. :smalltongue:

Would you rather have to cry through your ears or your nose?

Targ Collective
2015-02-16, 07:37 PM
Ears. Nose is for breathing. Uch. Imagine smelling your tears... foul.

Eternal day or eternal night? Assume freezing/desertification is not an issue. Because magic.

The Second
2015-02-16, 07:50 PM
Eternal day. Bikinis and such.

Would you rather ride the wild stallion or the old gray mare.

Torzini
2015-02-16, 09:11 PM
Definitely old gray mare. I dunno how to ride a horse (though I want to learn!), sooo probably better to start off slow. :smallbiggrin:

Would you rather be so gigantic you're considered a military threat a la Godzilla, or so small nobody can see you?

Dudeons
2015-02-16, 09:24 PM
Presumably I only gain the size of Gozilla and not the indestructibility or strength or whatnot. Therefore, my very existence would be a constant threat to all the people who have nukes, and that's assuming I haven't been captured and experimented on already. I'll go with small.

Would you rather have double-jointed limbs, or a head that can turn 180 degrees (a la The Exorcist)?

Targ Collective
2015-02-16, 09:24 PM
I want to be Big!

Okay. Technology so advanced it seems like magic, or magic so advanced it seems like technology?

Aw why not. Both?

State your reasons.

wkwkwkwk1
2015-02-17, 03:16 PM
Would you rather have double-jointed limbs, or a head that can turn 180 degrees (a la The Exorcist)?

I guess a 180 head, nice to see something on my back without using several mirrors :)

Okay. Technology so advanced it seems like magic, or magic so advanced it seems like technology?

Aw why not. Both?

State your reasons.

Magic, because magic=cool, and we already have magic-like technology :smallsmile:

Would you rather...

Have an working lightsaber or have Jedi powers?

thirsting
2015-02-17, 03:54 PM
Without jedi-powers I'd just hurt myself with that lightsaber, if it worked at all. Force jumping and minor telekinesis on the other hand, yes please! I'd never use the mindcontrol powers though, no matter how tempting, way too invasive and unethical.

Would you rather gather crafting ingredients in a CRPG and craft awesome items
or
gather crafting ingredients in real woods/scrapyard and craft awesome items?

goto124
2015-02-18, 04:11 AM
I've done both. The latter ended in bloody cuts, a huge mess to clean up, and much lower standards of 'awesome'. I went back to computers.

Would you rather play a low or high lethality game?

Peebles
2015-02-25, 09:57 AM
Low lethality - I'm in it for the RP more than the system or to be particularly challenged, especially when it's essentially a trial by dice roll.

Would you rather be deaf, or blind?

goto124
2015-02-25, 10:43 AM
If I go blind, how am I supposed to use the computer? The Internet? The forums? All these important things! *gasp*

Would you rather have cheese or salmon?

Edit: What kind of salmon do you eat that's dry? Where do you live? Have you ever eaten smoked salmon or salmon sashimi?

Inevitability
2015-02-26, 04:41 AM
Cheese. Salmon is nice, but a bit dry.

Would you rather spend the rest of your life in the Underdark or on the Plane of Shadow?