PDA

View Full Version : PRCs for a dragon born bard2/crusader4.

gawwy
2014-12-27, 03:46 AM
Hey all im playing in a fairly low op campain as a bard2/Crusader4. My feat selection went extra music song of the white raven song of the heart. I will probably take dragon fire insperation at 9th.

I only recently became dragon born and am looking to add some more dragon flavor to my build.

Im currently running the role of tank/support using bardic music and iron guards glare and a bit of sheild counter to keep my freinds safe. Any ideas for further progression.

I know crusader would be good but im looking for flavor.
Thanks in advance.

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-27, 03:51 AM
Jade Phoenix Mage, reworked as a dragon-themed PrC?

gawwy
2014-12-27, 04:05 AM
Hmm it definatly has some promis there i could take 2 more bard to get in and get the skills there and then go in. Should probably pick up the feat that makes casting in medium armour a thing seems i use fullplate.

Would that be worth it or should i just swap to a lighter armour?

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-27, 04:23 AM
Hmm it definatly has some promis there i could take 2 more bard to get in and get the skills there and then go in. Should probably pick up the feat that makes casting in medium armour a thing seems i use fullplate.

Would that be worth it or should i just swap to a lighter armour?

Take Battle Caster once, then wear Mithral full plate.

malonkey1
2014-12-27, 10:50 AM
TBH, I was surprised they didn't ever make a White Raven-based Bard/Initiator PrC. I feel like it's something obvious that just never got included.

Darrin
2014-12-27, 11:31 AM
Any ideas for further progression.

Your strongest option is probably Bard 4/Crusader 16 (AKA Bardsader) with Dragonfire Inspiration, optimizing Inspire Courage so everyone in the party gets Xd6 bonus damage on all their attacks.

As for Jade Phoenix Mage... Bard 4/Crusader 2/JPM 1/Abjurant Champion 3/Sublime Chord 1/JPM +9 gets 9th level spells, but it looks like that boat has already sailed.

There is one PrC involve bards singing about dragons: Dragonsong Lyrist (Draconomicon). Five-level PrC, 2/5 casting, five different songs... kind of meh.

gawwy
2014-12-27, 05:00 PM
I keep seeing bard 4 thrown around as an entry to bardsader. Why 4 and not just 2 for il?

Also the group is so low op ive actively been banned from playing full casters cause i always break stuff when i do. I feel using sublime chord to gwt 9ths anyway would probably go against the spirit of that. The bard sublime chord that gets 5ths could be fun tho.

Thrice Dead Cat
2014-12-27, 05:39 PM
Bard 4/6 get recommended due to the extra spell levels. Inspire Competence comes online at 3rd, but you still get a nice bump in saves and BAB at 4th. Similarly, Bard 6 bumps up all saves, gives you suggestion (or a bonus feat with the ECS rules, which could be Dragonfire Inspiration). Mostly, the fact that you lost a point of BAB from Bard 1 means it doesn't hurt to go another 3 levels deep.

EDIT: Dragonfire Inspiration also requires Inspire Competence, so you need at least 3 levels to get that.

Rebel7284
2014-12-27, 05:55 PM
If your DM is OK with early entry despite the game being low OP, you can qualify for Sublime Chord with Versatile Spellcaster and Heighten Spell feats.

Something like Bard 2/Crusader 4/Bard +3/Jade Phoenix Mage 1/Sublime Chord 1/JPM +9

You end up being good at fighting and spellcasting and still inspire your allies pretty well.