PDA

View Full Version : The Larceny Dude (Speculation)

kpenguin
2007-03-30, 02:33 AM
We've seen Mr. Grand Larceny quite a few times now, more so than Miss Unnatural Acts or Mr. Kidnapping. Since he's convicted of Grand Larceny (big time thievery) and he hit on Haley and Haley didn't seem too upset... I have a feeling he's going to a be a recurring character.

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-30, 02:59 AM
We've seen Mr. Grand Larceny quite a few times now, more so than Miss Unnatural Acts or Mr. Kidnapping. Since he's convicted of Grand Larceny (big time thievery) and he hit on Haley and Haley didn't seem too upset... I have a feeling he's going to a be a recurring character.

I wonder if she's met him before?

ObadiahtheSlim
2007-03-30, 09:27 AM
Time to pull out the Origins of PCs

The Extinguisher
2007-03-30, 11:39 AM
Mr. Kidnapping is in jail, and Mrs. Unnatural Magic is probably with the other mages

As for whether we seem him again after this, it all depends on whether he lives or dies.

SteveMB
2007-03-30, 12:07 PM
I don't attach too much significance to "he hit on Haley and Haley didn't seem too upset" -- Haley told him she wasn't interested, and as far as we know he took no for an answer and dropped it. That doesn't indicate anything beyond neither of them being a jerk about it.

skinkatlarge
2007-03-30, 10:27 PM
He and Belkar certainly seem to be on the same page a lot. First, making the Roy bet in that short a time window almost seems like they're telepathic with each other. And now he seems to actually get the context of Belkar's wiener dog comment. I guess they bonded in prison.

basilisk 89
2007-03-30, 10:31 PM
I'm more interested in the kidnapper.

I think it'd be funny if the 'napper was rooting for the hobgoblins, and then a boulder hit the tower and killed him, but freed the Linear Guild and Miko.

That said, I hope Larceny guy lives.

EmeraldFire
2007-03-30, 10:39 PM
Maybe it's just me, but doesnt Grand Larceny guy look a lot like the shadowdancer in http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0229.html minus the mask? I know it's probably just a beard growing from being in prison, but the shades around Grand Larceny Guy's face looks like the mask (it reminds me about how we still saw Nale's goatee shade after he cut it off).

mockingbyrd7
2007-03-30, 11:21 PM
I don't know why, but something about Larceny Dude makes me think :smallcool: . He's so laid back, has a very likable personality, has had quite a few good one-liners, he hit on Haley, he's obviously a competent archer, obviously a good rogue (grand larceny) and he's appeared several times. I think that he'll definitely be back, possibly even join the Order. And before anybody says "Ooh he's guilty of grand larceny he's eeeevil!" In Origin of the PCs Haley stole a diamond worth 6,000 gold. Is she evil?

Holy crab, I just came up with something awesome.

If Belkar dies (there are still ways around the Oracle strongly hinting that Belkar will die) he will be replaced by larceny guy, and he and Elan will ultimately become enemies as they fight over Haley.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-30, 11:34 PM
He won't join the Order. Although I hope he does become recurring like Hinjo or Hinjo's captain. Important but not main focus.

Sage in the Playground
2007-03-31, 12:35 AM
Maybe it's just me, but doesnt Grand Larceny guy look a lot like the shadowdancer in http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0229.html minus the mask? I know it's probably just a beard growing from being in prison, but the shades around Grand Larceny Guy's face looks like the mask (it reminds me about how we still saw Nale's goatee shade after he cut it off).

MAybe, but they act nothing alike. The shadowdancer was the straight man of the duo, except for the whole, "no shadows" thing.

Jawajoey
2007-03-31, 12:39 AM
I'm not counting on seeing him again, but I do like him, and would enjoy it.

He's slick and cool looking, and as far as crimes go, you can do a lot worse than grand larceny. Seriously, something like robbing a bank (which in addition to being wrong, is also totally badass) isn't so bad compared to say...harvesting kidneys for pleasure.

Being optimistic in your appraisal of him, he could easily be Chaotic Good, like Haley. Chaotic good is still good, even if it puts you in jail.
There's no proof he's immoral, and nothing definitive that says he's even amoral, but we simply don't know enough to be able to say that he isn't as evil as any old Johnny Evilguy.

The only other piece is that he wears dark clothes. Incriminating as that may be, it really doesn't mean much.

About him being the shadow guy, I doubt it. First, the hair is different. Second, the notion that the assassin guy wandered to AC, committed grand larceny, got caught, and lost his partner somewhere along the way, is a little TOO conjectural, I think. Third, assassin used shuriken, Larceny dude is using arrows. Fourth, larceny dude looks more like the pirate type, while Mr. shadowdancer is clearly a ninja type.

BobTheDog
2007-03-31, 12:51 AM
Not to mention that the Shadowdancer guy SHOULD recognize the "King of Nowhere" and his lackeys (not to mention the "Whore Attack" girls)...