PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help create an encoutner- the remains that guard

Kol Korran
2014-12-27, 07:25 AM
Hello again! I'm building an encoutner, and would love to have some help in it. At the basis, there was a dwarf tht was severely tortured, maimed, until he died, and his spirit rose as a ghost, a guardian of a certain site. I'd love to have an encoutner before that, with various creatures made out of his remains. Now, I know that the immediate thought is "undead", but I'd prefer to avoid immediately jumping into that. My current thoughts are:
- I'd like the CR of this encoutner to be around 10ish.
- I'm thinking about 3-4 enemies, with differetn kind of abilities. Each representing a different kind of "remain". The remains cannot be their own self sentient creatures, but a sort of a "left over" from the main character.
- Currently I'm thinking of:
Flesh: A flesh golem (with metals instead of bones? CR 7) Or an upgraded Hungry Flesh (CR3)- I'll need a way to downgrade it's size.
Blood: Crimson death (But it's CR 10 on it's own). Help?
Bones: No idea here, but I think I may have to resort to some sort of a mindless undead or construct.

I'm far from set on these ideas, and would love to hear more suggestions. I'm not that familiar with PF bestiary, and searching through it is quite time consuming. I thought I'd ask if anyone knows any beasties that worked well for them in the past.

Karsh
2014-12-27, 08:45 AM
Bones could be a re-fluffed Earth Elemental?

kalasulmar
2014-12-27, 09:40 AM
Bone golem?

avr
2014-12-27, 09:50 AM
A bone golem is CR 8. If you do use a flesh golem this is a natural monster to go with. Blood golems (CR 6) are in the bestiary 4, or you could take a vampiric mist (CR 3) and advance it.

A fleshdreg swarm (CR 2) won't add much firepower but could represent whatever bits of dwarf are left over - not bone, not flesh, etc.