PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here read Transmet?

Vodun
2007-03-30, 09:36 AM
Picked up the entire trade paperback series of Transmetropolitan, and I have to say it's one of the best comics I have ever read, anyone else here into Warren Ellis?

Jack_Banzai
2007-03-30, 11:55 AM
Transmetropolitan was pretty cool, but I am not really into Warren Ellis. Better to take the other avenue if you love Transmetropolitan, and read Hunter S. Thompson's stuff.

Hunter_Rose
2007-04-02, 11:16 AM
Spider Jerusalem is a God!

'nuff said

WampaX
2007-04-02, 01:30 PM
Filthy assistants! Move this thread!

So yes, I have read Transmet and enjoyed its run.

Chunklets
2007-04-02, 02:08 PM
Hands-down one of the finest graphic novels I've ever read, IMHO (I've read some of Thompson's stuff too, which for me just made transmet better). I particularly like the street scenes, and all the little bits of background text.

Hunter_Rose
2007-04-02, 02:08 PM
WampaX you're so pink! Didja fall into some easter egg coloring dye. Seriously dude you look like a Lucas Film version of a PeeP!

kuja.girl
2007-04-02, 05:57 PM
Filthy assistants! Move this thread!

hehe the filthy assistants are awesome.
I just finished borrowing the series from a friend - it certainly was an interesting read and one of the craziest stories I've ever encountered.

There are a few threads here about Ellis' other works, just scroll down.... (ex. Next Wave: Agents of H.A.T.E.)

Wooter
2007-04-02, 08:04 PM
I'd like to read it, if I could find it, and had money.

JoseB
2007-04-02, 08:47 PM
Ah, "Transmetropolitan"...! Excellent, excellent comic! I read it a long time ago, and I found it to be one of the BEST things ever! Clever, bitter, acid-spitting fun.

And, indeed, in combination with the writings of Hunter S. Thompson, it makes an awesome read.

Zodling
2007-04-04, 05:08 PM
I haven't read the whole series, but I liked what I did read. Warren Ellis is one of my favorite comics writers, if I had the geld I'd buy everything he's on.

Hunter_Rose
2007-04-05, 08:25 AM
What are the titles of the Graphic Novels, or I guess you would call them the collected issues. I have read up to "The Filth", but I wasn't sure if there were any more after that. I was pretty sure that the series was ended, but then I saw some more graphics and I couldn't tell if I had read them or not.

Chunklets
2007-04-05, 07:59 PM
What are the titles of the Graphic Novels, or I guess you would call them the collected issues. I have read up to "The Filth", but I wasn't sure if there were any more after that. I was pretty sure that the series was ended, but then I saw some more graphics and I couldn't tell if I had read them or not.

In order, the graphic novels are:

Back on the Street
Lust For Life
Year of the Bastard
The New Scum
Lonely City
Gouge Away
Spider's Thrash
Dirge
The Cure
One More Time

and an collection of columns with work by various artists entitled

Tales of Human Waste

Koga
2007-04-23, 03:24 PM
For a longtime The Koga wentby Spider Jerusalem on myspace, and people whined non-stop that The Koga was ruining the character's image. So he said the only thing he could say;

Can't be any worse then what Kevin Smith did to Green Arrow. Christ, he should just replace his trick arrows with one "enlightenment arrow" which is nothing more then a spongy nerf bludgeon with a marxist-lennist pamphlet attatched to it...