PDA

View Full Version : The North Front (IC)

YossarianLives
2014-12-27, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the Campaign!

You are aboard the imperial galleon Sesquanu. The captain of the Sesquanu is a tall, pale, and quiet imperial soldier by the name of Neriso Bardechi. You have rarely seen him throughout your voyage but you know that he will be joining you in your negotiations with the gnomes of Hrunbar. You have traveling across the Ebbirilian ocean for over a month now. The journey has been boring and tense. You know that the Ebbirilian ocean is plagued by barbaric merfolk pirates and you expected to be boarded at any moment. When the rocky coast of Hrunbar comes into sight early one morning you are all awoken in your cabins when the shout of land ho! is heard throughout the ship.

What do you do?

Drunedale
2014-12-27, 08:53 PM
Krelik sat below deck, avoiding the salt spray and blistering heat of the sun. The sailors tended to leave him alone, partially because of his daily intercessions with the Watcher, but mostly because his sea sickness caused his mood to be rather abrasive. At the call of Land Ho! Krelik gathered his meager belongings and prepared to ascend the ladder, looking for his traveling companions and the sign of blessed land.

YossarianLives
2014-12-27, 09:42 PM
Krelik climbs the ladder to the large bustling deck of the Sesquanu and finds himself among a crowd of sailors and soldiers. It is a bright - almost blinding - cloudless day. Everywhere people are preparing to land. On the horizon is a small blue line that must be Hrunbar.

Krull
2014-12-28, 07:46 AM
When woken by the cry, Krutarr climbed out of bed, putting on his armour and grabbing his pack of belongings before heading up on deck for the final part of the voyage, greataxe ready in his hand in case of any last minute trouble.

Drunedale
2014-12-28, 06:48 PM
Krelik looks about and spots Krutarr rising above decks, bearing his massive axe. That was one thing that Krelik respected about the brute, he was wary and always prepared for action. Krelik stands tall, waving his arm and shouting to his fellow agent.

"Krutarr, have you seen the captain? I would like much to know when we expect to dock and be off this floating casket."

Krull
2014-12-28, 07:14 PM
Krutarr turned and walked over, casting his gaze over the ship as he made his way through the crowd on the deck.

Haven't seen him, but wouldn't mind knowing when we get off myself. Been on here too long as it is.

Batpope Scott
2014-12-29, 11:56 AM
Amaryllis wakes up groggily, her shoulder-length auburn locks ruffled from sleep. Though it takes her a minute, she comes to understand what that yelling was about and sets to readying herself hurriedly. She comes above-deck to see two of her fellow travelers already awake and ready, greeting them by name. "Hello Krelik, Krutarr." She smiles warmly, though a yawn escapes her as the halfling shambles up onto the deck.

"Shall we go find the captain for his estimation for our time of arrival?"

YossarianLives
2014-12-29, 02:11 PM
You all know the captain has a large opulent cabin at the back of the ship. From what you've seen he spends most of his time in there.

Drunedale
2014-12-29, 05:35 PM
Krelik bowed slightly as Amaryllis approached him. Someone needed to ensure that civility was observed, especially among these uncouth sailors.

"We all seem to be of the same mind. Perhaps Miss Amaryllis would be willing to check his quarters. Catching flies, honey and vinegar, you all know the story. I never have been a honey man myself".

Charcon
2014-12-30, 03:19 PM
After washing his face and making sure his tan tabard is in check in for the day, Weston Graymantle climbs to the top deck of the Sesquanu to observe the new found scenery among the crowd of sailors and his companions. His appearance is immediately of an older man with white hair and goatee although he is only 22 years of age. Above average appearance with a smile fit for a paladin and green hard eyes to match. He approaches the fellows he is traveling to Hrunbar with and greets them for the day.

Greetings and salutations friends. When do we expect to make landfall?

Batpope Scott
2014-12-30, 05:00 PM
Amaryllis gives the man a coy smile before saying "Why, I am quite flattered but I would wager the fly will proffer his information without being caught."

The halfling turns to Weston and simply states "We were about to find that out, or rather I was, but you are free to come see for yourself as well."

She turns on her heel to walk to the captains office, but pauses to add "And Krelik? Do call me Amy, it's far easier." The halfling woman continues to the captain, hopefully to get her information gathering out of the way.

Charcon
2014-12-30, 05:44 PM
Weston will accompany the group to the Captain of the vessel. He flourishes a grand bow to Amy with a smile:

"After you...your grace"

Krull
2014-12-30, 06:46 PM
Krutarr simply grunted and walked after the other members of the group as they headed to the captain's cabin, not concerned with pleasantries like the others.

Drunedale
2014-12-30, 07:11 PM
"Aye, I do hope that he is forthcoming. I'm afraid that some of the other seamen have superstitions regaring my practices, so I endeavor to keep interactions with them to a minimum."

Krelik bowed slightly to Greymantle as he approached, but left his attention on the halfling.

"Thank you for granting me a level of familiarity by having me call you by Amy, but I think that I will continue to refer to you by your most charming title, Lady Amaryllis."

Krelik fell into step beside Krutarr and followed his fellow agents to the captains quarters, pulling his hood a little higher over his head to block the harsh rays of the sun.

YossarianLives
2014-12-30, 07:29 PM
As you all approach the door of captains cabin you find your way blocked by a gruff-looking soldier with a long beard and a spear. He raises his hand to stop you. Stop right there. Captain Bardechi is very busy, he cannot be bothered right now.

Krull
2014-12-30, 08:15 PM
Krutarr stopped and cast his gaze breifly over the guard, before attempting to walk past him anyway.

Then we'll make sure to be quick.

YossarianLives
2014-12-30, 08:29 PM
The soldier sighs.You may see the captain at a later date when he is not busy. Right now he is writing a confidential letter and cannot stop, even for you.

Charcon
2014-12-30, 08:30 PM
Weston attempts to intercede with the soldier and our large barbarous companion using diplomacy:

[roll0]

"Greetings good sir. I and my friends are here as comrades to your captain as emissaries from our country. I believe your captain would be more amiss turning us away as notifying him that we are here at his beckon call. If you could notify him it would be appreciated my stalwart fellow."

Charcon
2014-12-30, 08:33 PM
Action to add:

Weston will smile and stand aside at the railing with his hands crossed in front of him to await the soldier's inevitable action or inaction.

Batpope Scott
2014-12-31, 11:07 AM
Amaryllis rolled her eyes but maintained her smile anyway. Though she was minor nobility, it doesn't seem like the reason he used the word Lady, which is fine.

The sailor, however, was in the way. "And failing that, perhaps you might enlighten us as to when we will be on land next?"

YossarianLives
2014-12-31, 05:26 PM
I will tell the captain you called upon. As for the time of our arrival we will have landed by around nightfall. You all notice that for a lowly foot-soldier he is remarkably
well-spoken.

Charcon
2015-01-01, 12:48 PM
"Thank you sir." Weston replies. Weston will walk the deck while waiting trying to notice cargo or activity.

Krull
2015-01-01, 12:55 PM
Krutarr stands his ground at first, before turning and walking away, heading to the side of the ship to watch for any activity on the waves.

Drunedale
2015-01-01, 12:58 PM
"Since it appears that we will have to wait until nightfall to be off of this floating cesspit, I will return to my quarters and wait for this indigestion to pass over. I bid you all a good morning and a farewell."

Krelik bowed to his companions and turned towards the ladder below decks, keeping a hand on the railing for stability.

YossarianLives
2015-01-01, 11:38 PM
You all retreat to your respective parts of the ship and prepare to land. Several hours pass and the coast gets closer and closer. You can now see the lights of a small town by the shore. As the sun sets a small dark-haired cabin boy finds you all and informs you that the captain has finished his business and can now see your party.

Charcon
2015-01-02, 01:22 AM
Weston will straighten himself up to be presentable and wait outside the captain's door for his comrades. Weston will also try to procure a bottle of wine or some beverage to offer to Krutarr to take the edge off before the meeting.

Drunedale
2015-01-02, 09:04 AM
Krelik staggered his way to the captains quarters, losing all shred of dignity as he chummed the water on his way to join Weston. Coming up to the Paladin, Krelik bowed his head slightly, refusing to release his death grip on the railing.

Krull
2015-01-02, 09:17 AM
Krutarr makes his way over to the captains cabin, giving his companions only a small nod of acknowledgement as he arrives

Charcon
2015-01-02, 11:44 AM
Weston approaches Krelik: "I have nothing for what bothers u but perhaps the captain will firend Krelik".

If Weston was able to locate or purchase a bottle of spirits he will present it to our barbarian companion.

Drunedale
2015-01-02, 01:07 PM
Krelik spat some of the remaining bile in his mouth out into the sea.

"I think that landing will help more so than any other gift the captain has to offer, Sir Graymantle. I thank you for your consideration though. I believe we should make for landfall as soon as possible. Do you know the name of this town?"

YossarianLives
2015-01-03, 01:02 AM
A few minutes pass as you all wait outside in the cold. Then the soldier you saw earlier emerges from the captains cabin and declares The captain will see you now. As you step into the cabin you all find yourself in a large but nevertheless cramped space. Their are extravagant curtains, a glass cabinet full of coloured bottles, and a ornate wooden table covered with maps and papers. The captain - Neriso Bardechi is seated in a leather armchair behind the table. Ah, hello what can I do for you Miss Amaryllis, Mr. Krelik, Sir Graymantle, Orc?

Nose

Charcon
2015-01-03, 05:40 PM
"I can speak only for myself but I was wondering what expectations and plans are made for after we reach land? Do we have a contact person to find? "

YossarianLives
2015-01-05, 12:21 PM
When you arrive in the tiny village of Morsoon He points out of the window to the lights you can see on the coast. You will be met by the Hrunbarian negotiator. Jarak Lysondol. He will take you to the capital city of Jarison, and fill you in on all the details. You will be working with Jarak while in Hrunbar. You need to establish a friendly relationship with the people of Hrunbar and hopefully convince them to start a trade route with us.

Krull
2015-01-05, 12:59 PM
Krutarr looked at the cabinet of bottles upon first entering the room, but turned to face the captain when he spoke.

And what's our reward for doing this? What kind of payment?

Drunedale
2015-01-05, 01:17 PM
Krelik resisted rolling his eyes at the fellow agent's question.

"Our reward is performing our duty to the Emperor, and our payment is the same as always. This is our job and our duty. If you wish to gain some extra coin I hear that some men of your stature can find employ through freelancing, but I am going to dissuade you from performing such actions while on a mission, Agent Krutarr."

Charcon
2015-01-05, 02:44 PM
Turning to Krelik and Krutarr. "That is true friend Krelik but also on point with Krutarr...there might be more coin for the man on the back end that establishes trade or say maybe a trade company once we make new relationships in Jarison. I am sure my fine large friend that you will be happy with the outcome since this is not a mission of mercy but one of capital venture on our countries part. I myself am here as part of the government so can only offer you alternatives." Weston will pull on his tabard to straighten it as he returns to the Captains attention. "So I am correct in assuming you will not be traveling to Jarison with us? Will you have a representative going along or will we be of our own devices?. Can you tell us anything of the people in Jarison and along the route we will travel? Anything would be appreciated".

YossarianLives
2015-01-06, 01:07 PM
In fact I will be accompanying you to Jarison. I have... business there. As for the people of Hrunbar, they are mostly barbaric uneducated gnomes. I do not know why the empire is concerned about making a alliance with them. It is only about a day's ride from here to Jarsion mostly through unimportant forest. When you get there we will be separating and your party needs to contact Jarak Lysondol, the Hrunbarian diplomat.

Does that satisfy your questions?

Drunedale
2015-01-06, 01:44 PM
"Perhaps we should focus on the mission and go to meet with this Master Lysondol, I see no benefit gained from staying aboard this ship when our mission is directly inland. Since we are acting as the empire's eyes and ears perhaps we should enter the town immediately, spend the night among it's inhabitants so that our return reports may be worthy of the trust the emperor has placed in us." Krelik steps back towards the door, waiting for his fellow agents responses but ready to be off this boat and moving towards their objective.

Krull
2015-01-06, 01:51 PM
Krutarr simply grunts, making his way towards the door.

Whatever. Let's just get this done with.

Charcon
2015-01-06, 09:13 PM
"It seems my companions are compelled to leave. Good day sir". Weston will make for the door with his fellow agents.

YossarianLives
2015-01-09, 08:30 PM
Another hour or so passes. The Sesquanu sails up to the wooden dock of the small village of Morsoon. Sailors rush about tying ropes and preparing to land. A small plank is laid down for your party to walk across. You can see several gnomes from the village staring at you. Tallfolk are quite rare in this area. The dock you are on is small and rickety, it is unlikely that it gets much use. Beyond the dock you see several rowing boats pulled up on the shore and then a thorp of about 10 wooden cabins. As you are standing on the dock the first mate - a friendly elf named Thurgenel, approaches you. Greetings friends! He grins. I just talked to the villagers and it seems the village has a small inn. You may stay there tonight or sleep on the ship. As you are foreigners and people of importance the innkeeper says he will give you free room and board for tonight.

Drunedale
2015-01-09, 08:53 PM
Krelik breaks into his first smile of the voyage at the news of an inn.

"It seems these backwater people are inclined to welcome us with gifts of their own. I would much appreciate a bed that doesn't swing and roll with the waves. If only we had thought of an appropriate gift to grant them in return."

Krelik turned to Krutarr, eyeing him up and down. This brute looks similar enough to the gnomes, if only of a larger variety.

"You seem to share certain cultural markers with these gnomes. Perhaps you would like to locate an appropriate gift for our hosts."

Krull
2015-01-11, 06:55 AM
Krutarr looks over at the village before turning to Krelik.

A gift? I'd rather be making use of this offer of free board. Just get them some trinket, I'm sure they'll be happy enough.

YossarianLives
2015-01-11, 01:53 PM
There appears to be only one solitary shop in Morsoon. The 'Morsoon General Store'. It is a small wooden shack with a wooden sign planted in the ground. You are unsure of whether it still open.

Charcon
2015-01-12, 10:18 AM
Weston will thank Thurgenel, "Thank you good sir" and gather his things to make his way into town to the inn with his comrades.

YossarianLives
2015-01-12, 06:30 PM
You all approach the inn, a old and leaky wooden cabin with no windows. Hung over the door is a sign, it has a poorly painted and faded picture of a sailboat and the words Sailors Refuge written in wavy letters. You enter the tavern, the door squeaks, and the taller members of your group are all forced to bend over because of the low ceiling. You all find yourself in a smoky one room building. There are four tables. Two of which are empty, one has a sleeping gnome face down on the table. At the other table two gnomish warriors with tall helmets and battleaxe's are drinking something and arguing over a map. A old gnomish man approaches you. Hello, you are from Erros Empire? Good, wat can I get you? His common clearly isn't up to scratch but he seems amiable enough.

Charcon
2015-01-14, 05:27 PM
Weston:Greetings my good sir! That depends on what you have. An ale would be wonderful and might I inquire on your accommodations?.

YossarianLives
2015-01-15, 10:01 AM
Ye can have one ale each. Then you pay. Says the innkeeper

Drunedale
2015-01-15, 10:50 AM
"No ale for me innkeeper. Just some cold wine, a hot meal, and a clean room."

Krelik took a seat closest to the source of the smoke, hoping that the heat would help sap the saltwater from his bones, and that the smoke would cover the smell of the other inn's inhabitants.

Krull
2015-01-15, 11:00 AM
Then I'll have his ale as well as my own, and food as well.

Krutarr walks over and sits at Krelik's table.

YossarianLives
2015-01-16, 01:05 AM
Well we don't have wine. But ye can both have a hot meal. And I'll get you your ale. Then I'll get your rooms ready. We have only two rooms, some of you will have to share. The innkeeper disappears into a back room to get your food.

YossarianLives
2015-01-18, 11:26 AM
A few minutes later the innkeeper returns with two jugs of ale, some metal mugs, and a bowl of lumpy gruel for each of you. Here you are. Call if you need something.

Krull
2015-01-18, 11:38 AM
Krutarr looked down at the gruel, before reaching over to grab one of the jugs and pouring himself a mug of ale, and takes a swig.

Was it wrong of me to expect there to actually be some quality? Next they'll be telling us the rooms don't have any beds.

Charcon
2015-01-18, 09:51 PM
Weston will eat the gruel with a smile on his face but inward he is cringing. The ale he will try.

YossarianLives
2015-01-19, 11:50 AM
The ale is of good quality but the gruel has very little taste, it's like eating grass.

Drunedale
2015-01-20, 09:59 AM
"If this paste is standard fare for these people I think Krutarr will be most useful gathering wild game. I can't imagine how group of people such as these can survive on this fare."

Krelik regretted his decision to request wine, especially considering that the gnome didn't bring him any liquid to help him swallow the gruel. Choking down his meal Krelik sat closer to the fire, hoping the heat would help ease his mind and soften his mood. It wasn't working.

YossarianLives
2015-01-21, 02:49 PM
After you all finish eating the innkeeper leads you to two rooms. One is slightly smaller. has a small window and two beds. The other is larger has a empty fireplace, one bed and a rickety wooden chair. The innkeeper grins at you. 'Sleep well'.

Drunedale
2015-01-26, 08:54 AM
Krelik stepped into the room and waited for the inn keeper to leave before speaking to his companions.

"Now that our host has left us, I am not certain staying in these accommodations is the safest decision. I am not recommending that we abandon these beds, but we should have someone keep watch, and perhaps all share a single room. Perhaps Sir Greymantle would be able to assist in fortifying the room and be willing to take the second watch, as that is the most likely time when an attack may be launched against us in our sleeping states."

Krull
2015-01-26, 11:37 AM
Krutarr follows him into the room, looking around suspiciously, before turning to Krelik as he speaks.

Sounds like a good plan. If we use the smaller one, then both people who arent on guard get beds. You got a plan for a watch order?