PDA

View Full Version : Nova option for my Diamond Nightmare Eternal Blade

ILM
2014-12-28, 06:00 AM
I have a Warblade 10/ Eternal Blade 10 focused on the Diamond Mind discipline, essentially trying to emulate Iaijutsu Master through maneuvers. I've managed to get my Diamond Nightmare Blade to reasonable damage levels, but I'd like more firepower for when something really needs to die right the hell now. So how can I get off TWO DNBs in a row without the enemy being able to react?

This is how far I got:
- Standard action: DNB (move action to get close, otherwise available)
- (swift action available)
- somehow recover the maneuver
- activate Island in Time immediately afterwards, second DNB
- (move action available)

So. How do I recover DNB with only a move and swift action available?

Caveats: Eternal Training is ruled to only allow you to add a maneuver you don't know, and I want to avoid the Belt of Battle because it's only 1/d.

kaffalidjmah
2014-12-28, 07:35 AM
I suppose you have a party right? Is not a one-man standing right?

Then, me and my friend have made something like that long ago, i was a crusader white raven style. Usually i had a low initiative, so i often was going last in order. White raven tactics, my buddy eternal blade act again in the same round, and start DNB, moment of alacrity to act again in the next round (from Last to first in initiative order) and in the next round recovering and Island in time. I don't remember if he used stance of alacrity...but this is a 2 man combo, or you delay your action switching in the bottom, moment of alacrity for first in round to recover, then Island. Do you like it?

Darrin
2014-12-28, 08:35 AM
Sudden Recovery feat, but it only works 1/day.

Crake
2014-12-28, 10:47 AM
adaptive style + belt of battle

ILM
2014-12-28, 10:54 AM
Moment of Alacrity isn't a bad idea but it requires a bit of set-up so it's not 100% reliable (if you win initiative it doesn't really change anything and you'd have to delay your action and let one enemy hit you first - not always a great idea; but if you lose initiative hard and the enemies win by a lot, +20 might not be enough to bring you to the front). Still, a good tool to have in my toolbox.

Sudden Recovery would be great if it were 1/encounter rather than 1/d, which is basically like a Belt of Battle. Crake, thanks for not reading my OP.

Telok
2014-12-28, 11:37 AM
Snakes Swiftness. A low level spell that gives the target a single basic attack.

Have an ally with access to the spell. Delay untill after the ally. The ally readies an action to use the spell on you after your swift action. Use your swift action to begin the warblade recovery mechanic. Your ally grants you the attack that completes your recovery mechanic.