PDA

View Full Version : I'm try to homebrew a Wall of Text.

With a box
2014-12-28, 11:56 AM
What it would do?
I thougth something like symbol of stunning at first, but it already exsist and do the same thing..
conjure a wall of paper with antipathy on it that can passed by any knowedge cheak DC 25?

goto124
2014-12-28, 12:02 PM
Wait... you mean a literal Wall made of text? That blocks like a normal wooden/stone/concrete wall?

*notices that OP's name is With a box*

I guess you're trying to... think outside the box.

*hides*

With a box
2014-12-28, 12:19 PM
Wait... you mean a literal Wall made of text? That blocks like a normal wooden/stone/concrete wall?

It doesn't matter. I just want to make a spell with a name of "wall of text".
there is a wall of fire, isn't it?

P.F.
2014-12-28, 12:26 PM
What it would do?
I thougth something like symbol of stunning at first, but it already exsist and do the same thing..
conjure a wall of paper with antipathy on it that can passed by any knowedge cheak DC 25?

Reminds me of the Ring of Bureaucratic Wizardry, somehow.

Perhaps something similar to Blade Barrier or Wall of Fire, but dealing Wisdom damage to anyone who tries to pass through it?

goto124
2014-12-28, 12:29 PM
For some reason I want to combine Wall of Text with Explosive Runes.

Ashtagon
2014-12-28, 12:32 PM
Someone already made one.

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=1190

jedipotter
2014-12-28, 01:24 PM
Well you could do:

Wall of Text an abjuration that makes a bubble of force with text on it, reading the safety text dissolves the bubble.

Wall of Text An illusion(phantasm) that scares the target.

Wall of Text a necromacy spell that does damage, or fatigue.

Wall of Text an Enchantment charm (compulsion) that forces views to read all the text for 2-5 rounds.

Telonius
2014-12-28, 06:23 PM
Similar to a Wall of Force. Melee weapon damage doesn't harm it (pen is mightier than the sword), though Fire damage would destroy it.

mashlagoo1982
2014-12-29, 11:50 AM
Using a couple ideas here already mentioned to make one rough spell.
This could be overly powerful. I don't know what level I would put the spell at... mid-high?

Perhaps a 6th level spell with duration of 1 round/caster level?

An illusionary wall of text appears that compels all literate targets (anyone with line of sight excluding the caster) to read it.
The DC to avoid the compulsion would be Will based.

Target(s) who are compelled to read the text are unable to take any other action for 1d4 + 1/4 caster lvl or until the effect is broken.

The effect can be broken if the target(s) are subjected to any hostile action or if the spell expires before the target(s) finish reading the text.
If the effect is broken through spell expiration, no additional effect is encountered.
Upon having the effect broken through hostile action, the target(s) act immediately and use their next round to attack those responsible for the hostile action.
Only those affected by the hostile action have the effect of Wall of Text broken.
At the end of the round, the target(s) who had their effect broken through hostile action, resume their normal behavior.
This action in the initiative order is the target(s) new initiative.

After completely reading the text, one of the following random additional effects occurs individually for each target.
- Fatigue
- Confusion
- Wis drain
- Int drain
- Enraged

Doc_Maynot
2014-12-29, 11:58 AM
Actually, speaking of the wisdom damage. You could take Wall of Incarnum and just nix the Incarnum part of it.

And maybe give people a way to bypass it with an opposed decipher script check?