PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Boss Gear

Yomega
2014-12-29, 01:37 AM
Hey all,

This is my Boss for the next arc I am running my players through (currently level 6) and I could use sugestions on his gear beyond the +1 basic equipment I gave him as placeholders,

Its mostly a Pathfinder game but Im all for 3.5 or even houserules.

Gamagori Sado - Pharo of the spoild lands CR
XP
Mumified Incarnate Construct Maug Cleric 5 Oozemaster 5
LE Large Undead (augmented)
Init +1; Sences Perception +21, Darkvision 60 feet
--
Defence
--
AC 36, touch 10, flat-footed 35 (+10 Armor, +5 Shield, +1 Dex, +11 Natural, -1 size)
Base Atk +9/+4; CMB +20; CMD 31
HP 120 (2d8(giant)5d8(cleric)5d8(ozzemaster)+24(charisma) +30(construct)+12 (toughness))
Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +7
DR 5/-, Undead Imunities
Vulnerable Acid (perception 20 & linguistics 25 to know)
--
Offence
--
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 Whip +21/16 1d4+10 ,Slam +19 1d8+10.
Ranged
Special Attacks Burst of Vengance (2/day swift, act as if haste for 1 round)(su), Dust Stroke (enemy killed with natural attack destroys corpse as disintigrate), Oozy Touch (touch attack @will full round action) choose; 1d4 acid 1d4 untyped+5 damage[flesh only], Touched area glows violet as a candle until wiped off, Paralized 1d6+5 rounds DC 15 Fort negates), Oozy Glob 2/day as Oozy touch exept ranged touch 10ft & 1 point splash damage to all adjacent squares.
Domain Spell Like Abilities
5/Day - Bleeding Touch (touch attack 1d6 bleed/round/6rounds dc 15 heal check or any magical healing stops the effect), Touch of Darkness (touch attack 6 rounds target treats all other cretures as if they had concealment 20% miss chance)
Cleric Spells Prepaired (CL 7th; Concentration +9)
4th - Fleshworm Infestation (Fort 16 Partial)
3rd - Deeper DarknessD, Bestow Curse (Will 15), Dispel Magic
2nd - BlindnessD (Fort 14), Owls Wisdom, Bulls Strength, Silence (Will 14)
1st - Cause FearD (Will 13), (2) Deathwatch, Doom, Sheild of Faith
0th (at will) - Bleed (Will 12), Detect Magic, Sotto Voice (Will 12), Read Magic
D Domain spell; Domains Darkness, Death
--
Statistics
--
Str 30 (+10), Dex 12 (+1), Con --, Int 13 (+1), Wis 14(+2), Cha 14(+2)
Feats ToughnessB, Improved Natural Attack (all)B, AlertnessB, Heavy Armor Proficiancy, Tower shield Proficiancy, Great Fortitude, Exotic Weapon Proficiancy (Whip), Weapon Focus (whip), Whip Mastery
Skills Perception +21, Sence Motive +21, Climb +18, Spellcraft +12, Diplamacy +6, Linguistics +5, Knowledge Engineering +9, Craft Stone Masonry +9, Stealth +5, Disguise +7
Languages Old Common, Abboleth
SQ Aura (ex), Frightful Presence 30 ft. 1d6 rounds (ex), Slithery Face (su), Mallebility (su)
Combat Gear
Other Gear +1 Full Plate, +1 Tower Shield,+1 Whip
42k equip

Thanks in advance.

Kol Korran
2014-12-29, 05:35 AM
I am no build expert, but I think that answering some questions might help us hel pyou more:
1) Your party are currently lvl 6, but what level do you expect them to meet this creature?
2) Who are your party memebrs? Any noticeable play styles/ tricks?
3) What is the scene in which they are supposed to battle this boss? Talking about location, minions, the place in the adventure, the background this guy comes from and so on.
4) What sort of an experience are you looking to delvier to the party- tough but ok, very very hard? Fair chances of a TPK?
5) How do you see this guy playing out in a battle? Lots of abilities and such, and I myself (And maybe others ), may not know all of them. So what do you want/ epxect this boss to do?
6) Acceptable sources? If we're talking magic items for example, is MIC on the table?

Not saying that I know how to handle this (I usually suck at magic item placement). but maybe this can help others who might want to answer this.

Yomega
2014-12-29, 02:14 PM
Fair points all and all, and Im not all that great at magic Item placement either.

1) Its mostly a sandbox so the players could arrive there between 8-15 or so, I expect 8-10 tho altho they arnt exactly go getters they don't tend to look for new quests until they are done or failed the one they are on.

2) We have a flying four armed strength based fighter (mobile fighter), a construct with dex to damage two handed Slayer (elven curve blade), a magus with the ability to absorb spells as they are cast and a str/dex archer rouge in heavy armor.

3) The scene is going to be deep underground the players found out about a ooze that grows mushrooms on its body and are sent to gather the creature (the mushrooms are a delicacy) and they find the tomb of my boss here, 90% of the enemies here will be oozes, I haven't decided if he is a solo fight or have him with some advanced orcher jellies or something, and there will be lots of pillars and pit traps all throughout the dungeon.

4) TPK is always on the table but Im looking for a higher than average difficulty.

5) He is heavily into domination (in every sence of the word) and heavily favors his whip, he wont even be taking opportunity attacks and will delegate the job to some monster if things go poorly, he is from a time when clerics were rare so really is the voice of his god on earth and has been sealed in his sarcophagus for a very long time.

6) Acceptable sources are wide open everything from pathfinder and 3.5 to homebrewed to gems from AD&D.