PDA

View Full Version : The world's Largest dungeon

evangaline
2014-12-29, 06:36 AM
You open the rather crude looking door in front of you.

The first thing you notice is the stale air that came blowing out of that room. The second thing you notice is the room itself: It was about 30ft by 30ft, made of some kind of grey stone and very dark.

The final thing you notice, which amazed you for not being able to see it before, was an elephant. There was a large purple elephant in this room. It spoke with an cheerful high-pitched tone: Welcome, one and all, to Loki's Magnificent Mansion! I am your host, Sir Loki. Also known as Lokey, Tha Loke and That one guy that you really do not like. I do not like that last name.

The elephant *shuddered* and turned into some kind of pale human circus-entertainer that wore black leather robes, a pirate hat and a large black whip. This wonderful place as Nine wonderful layers, just like a place that is not mine, and which is not as much fun as me. You are on the first layer and, to be quite honest, this layer is filled with failures. The first couple of groups that I had sent in couldn't beat Sir Ratty-man. He smiled.

He looked around, bored. Suddenly, with a blast of energy, Lokey looked at you: Now, ladies and Gentleman, Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!

Tha Loke vanished. After you take a look around you, and head into the room in front of you. The room you enter is lit up brightly by your torch. Inside it are three other beings. This room is 20ft wide and 30ft long, also made out of solid grey stone and it has five doors. Four of these were used by members of your team, the final one is made out of solid-looking darkwood. On it is written: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I am not alone.

JBarca
2014-12-29, 02:02 PM
Through one of the doors enters a rather small, thin figure. Thin, mismatched cloth covers most of its body, including a long patchwork cloak that drapes over its shoulders. The visible ear is pointed, though the other is covered in a thick gauze and fabric wrapping. Matted black hair falls down the left side of the figure's head, though it is cut short on the right, likely with a dull knife, given its ragged look. A slight smile plays out over the lips, more excited than friendly, almost to the point of mania. Deep blue eyes dart around the room, taking in each figure for a second or two before moving on to the next. She giggles a bit, then coughs, sits down, and tilts her head to the side. As she does so, her feet are revealed; void of shoes, they are instead covered with what appears to be filthy parchment.

"Blynn. My name. Your name. Names. Doors. Names then door." She never quite makes eye contact as her eyes move around the room.

Bayar
2014-12-29, 02:05 PM
A hooded figure emerges from one of the doors. From the light of the torch you can see she has wheat blonde hair poking out of the cloak. She stops when seeing the others, her free hand going to the handle of a menacing mace tied to her belt. "Don't attack ! I mean no harm !" she shouts, hoping to get the other's attention. Waiting for an answer, you can see she is pretty tensed. "Name's Elsa."

wkwkwkwk1
2014-12-29, 03:23 PM
Through another door enters a nimble, yet muscular figure. Her dark blond hair wraps around her long, pointed ears, and her amber eyes glow with vitality. Her clothing is a mix of earth tones, a masterpiece of elven craftsmanship, and a backpack rests in her shoulders. She carries a roll of rope slung over her body, and strapped to her back are a longspear and a longbow. She keeps her hand over the ornate greatsword sheathed in her waist, and her eyes quickly dart between the remaining figures in the room.

"Reea, of tribe Rageblood. I mean no harm, if you don't," she says, in a surprisingly beautiful voice. Without letting her guards down for an instant, she waits for the last figure to step into the room.

Yael
2014-12-29, 04:11 PM
Through the last door enters a female being, similar to a human but extremely beautiful, with long-red hair, fastened with a braid, long enough to reach her knees. Her bright-green eyes were shining as the light of day, and her white skin made her look beautiful. She was wearing an armor made of scales, which was covered by her white clothing, with symbols to a certain royal family, whose presence isn't that big around the world, but in her town, it is big. Along with her, in her waist, a sheath with a sword accompanies her, she is also carrying a heavy-looking backpack with one hand, and a "quiver" like pack filled with javelins. She enters the room, and takes a look around the place, searching for the one who called himself "Loki". After seeing that he's nowhere to be seen, and everyone's introducing themselves, Alva puts his quiver in the ground, and salutes, along with an introduction.

"My name is Alva, prideful representative of Sif. I also mean no harm for you, at least... Now if we are talking about Loki though..."

JBarca
2014-12-29, 05:00 PM
Blynn giggles a bit, then stands up and brushes half of her hair out of her face. As she does, it's apparent that she's actually rather old, with deep wrinkles in her forehead and around her mouth. "Harm. Not me. Door?" She scratches at her covered ear and skip toward the as of yet unopened door, then begins poking and prodding around it, clearly looking for something.

Search check, with Trapfinding.
[roll0]

wkwkwkwk1
2014-12-29, 05:22 PM
Reea replies, "Yes. Door."

She pauses.

"Please."

She then adds, "Help?"

Yael
2014-12-29, 05:32 PM
"So, umm... This might be dangerous for all of us, we should proceed with caution." Alva says, as the elf works.

wkwkwkwk1
2014-12-29, 06:03 PM
"Oh, we clearly should, but Blynn here seems to know what he's doing, so hopefully we won't be blown to pieces. But hey, who knows?" Reea says, chuckling lightly.

Bayar
2014-12-29, 07:35 PM
Satisfied that the others show no sign of hostility, Elsa lets go of the mace hilt and approaches the door. Now that she's closer, her backpack becomes visible, seemingly filled to the brim, with a bedroll packed above it.

I'd rather not explode, especially this early in my quest. Speaking of which, what winds brought you to this place? Are you searching for treasures or excitement?

JBarca
2014-12-29, 11:44 PM
As each person speaks, Blynn turns her gauze-free ear towards them, then looks back to her work with something akin to annoyance. At the last question, though she stops for a moment, turns to Elsa, and smiles a wide, manic, fearful smile.

"For this," she says, tapping her temple twice. She quickly turns back to her work, as though her answer had been enough.

wkwkwkwk1
2014-12-30, 05:14 AM
"Knowledge?" Reea asks Blynn.

"I came for simple thirst for adventure. I've heard countless stories about this place, so I thought I should come and see for myself."

evangaline
2014-12-30, 06:08 AM
Blynn: You take a look at the rather large darkwood door, the inscription 'Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I am not alone.' seems to have been made out of a thin layer of gold. It looks pretty. You do not find any traps though.

After you study the door more carefully, you realise that there is an extremely small blue gem embedded in the wall above the door. As you carefully examine it, you realise that the gem is bound to the text on the door. You realise that it is a trap with the 'fear' spell on it. It looks like it will be triggered if a person tries to leave this room by himself.

As you walk through the doorway you see the inscription on the door explodes in a flash of bright light. Suddenly, your blood turns into ice in your veins while a primal fear takes over your mind! Unable to form any rational thoughts, you start running back into the room you just came from. After six seconds of extreme magic-induced fear you slowly start calming down. The inscription on the door seems to have vanished.Your torchlight gleams feebly in this complete room, lighting up a small Region of what appears to be a large room. Two iron doors, one straight ahead of you and the other to its side, are the only things that break up the unending mass of worked stone. The chill and damp air clings to your body and you are not the only one feeling it judging by the cough coming out of the darkness. In the darkness you see 3 exhousted looking orcs sitting against the back wall.

JBarca
2014-12-30, 03:08 PM
Blynn, after nodding to herself, pushes the door open. As she does so, she stops, begins to scream, running back into the first room. She cowers in a corner, eyes screwed shut.

evangaline
2014-12-30, 05:06 PM
The incription on the door had exploded in a flash of bright light, and is now gone.

Your torchlight gleams feebly in the other room, lighting up a small Region of what appears to be a large room. Two iron doors, one straight ahead of you and the other to its side, are the only things that break up the unending mass of worked stone. The chill and damp air clings to your body and you are not the only one feeling it judging by the cough coming out of the darkness. You are all able to make out 3 figures in the darkness, which are leaning against a wall. As you take a closer look you realise that these are orcs. Extremely tired looking orcs.

The largest of these orcs tries to grunt menacingly at you, but all that comes out of his mouth is a pathetic Ughhh..

@Blynn The panic attack dissapears as swiftly as it came after you sat down for a couple of seconds.

wkwkwkwk1
2014-12-30, 05:47 PM
Reea steps forward, blocking the door, draws her sword, and shouts, "State your intentions! I mean you no harm if you don't!"

Bayar
2014-12-30, 06:20 PM
What a strange woman. Are you feeling alright ? Elsa was concerned with her new companion's outburst, she hoped this was not a taste of things to come.

The presence of the orcs was not surprising, but the way they acted surely was. I don't like this, seems like a ruse.

To the orcs: No sudden movements! We mean no harm, but we will retaliate id you ask for it!

evangaline
2014-12-30, 06:47 PM
The largest of the Orcs starts chaotically rambling in a hushed tone, The gruumsh was here, live was guwd. We had fuud, bottle and ze womanz. But then tze flying blankets came and tze crazie Rat-mon came. They shattered tze tribe and ate them orksies, and they ate them koboldians. He stops talking, starts staring into nothingness while patiently waiting for something. For some reason it seems like these orcs have given up on everyting, it almost looks like they are waiting for Death.

JBarca
2014-12-30, 11:09 PM
Blynn stands, somewhat unsteadily. "No harm? Kill. Faster."

She giggles a bit. "Or kill. Funner."

Yael
2014-12-31, 04:44 AM
"Was this... Normal...?" Asks Alva to herself, she looks at the orcs, and after their answer, she decides not to charge at them, but just in case, she draws her sword, and picks up her quiver of javelins, putting it on her back, attacked to her backpack. She is in no manner threatening the orcs with her weapon, she instead leans her left hand on it.

"Wait, Blynn. Anyway, orcs. Where are the flying blankets?" She tries to talk to them in a kind way, forcing a smile. "There are two doors, from which one you came here?" She asks, her intention is, obviously, trying to avoid trapped doors.

wkwkwkwk1
2014-12-31, 05:13 AM
"Blynn, let's calm down. You saw what happens if you try to get through this door. I can tend to you later if necessary."

She turns to the orcs, waiting for an answer to Alva's question.

evangaline
2014-12-31, 06:12 AM
You do not manage to get their attention. After a rather intentful stare in the eyes of the orc of your choice, you realise that he does not have any intentions at all. He does not mean you any harm, nor does he want you to have a good life. They just stopped caring.

Yael
2014-12-31, 06:41 AM
"Tch... Tough guys... Eh...?" Alva's forced smile breaks, ending with an annoyed face. "I never liked orcs that much, anyway..." She whispers to herself.
"If they do not get in our way, we shouldn't attack either." Says as she sheathes her sword. "There isn't honor, nor fun, in a battle where the enemies do not strike back..."

She walks into the room where the orcs are, ignoring them, basically treating them as part of the room.

"Which door should we take?"

wkwkwkwk1
2014-12-31, 07:42 AM
Pssst... you forgot about the trap...

Reea sheathes her sword and says, trying to look friendly, "If you wish us no harm, so do I. I would be thankful if you could tell us how to cross this door unharmed, though."

Reea waits for a while and, if the orcs don't answer, she says, "I would be willing to trade something for that information."

Bayar
2014-12-31, 01:35 PM
Elsa takes a couple of moments inspecting the largest orc, looking at his features and body movement. "Rats and flying blankets ? These orcs have lost it." Shining her torch towards the door nearest to the room's corner: We could start with this one and then look at the other one.

wkwkwkwk1
2014-12-31, 02:02 PM
Don't forget the trap is still up, you can't enter the room like that.

Yael
2014-12-31, 04:04 PM
I thought the symbol breaking would equal to trap gone... I think I was wrong D:

evangaline
2014-12-31, 05:34 PM
As alva walks through the doorway, nothing special happens. You take a quick look at the once beautiful looking hardwood door, which used to be decorated with golden letters. The explosion of the inscription seems to have singed away the surface of the wood, leaving it in a disgusting yellow-ish colour.

You are inside a rather large 40ft wide, 80ft long room with 2 doors. One of these doors is on the other side of the room, and the second one is to the left of you. The orcs keep observing you as you walk around the room, inspecting the doors. The door on the other side of the room seems to be a large double door, made out of darkwood and steel. It looks like this door can be opened by just pushing open the double doors.

You find no traps on the large double doors
You realise that there are a couple of very small red sigils on this door. These sigils will probably activate when these large double doors are opened.
The runes read 'Ignis'
You carefully scratch out a couple of red sigils, and you can feel most of the magic dispersing harmfully. You feel the area around you heating up by a couple of degree's. It kinda creates a nice hot breeze.while the door explodes in a sea of flames![/B] Roll a reflex save (DC 11) for half damage, the total damage is: [roll0]

while the door explodes in a sea of flames![/B] Roll a reflex save (DC 11) for half damage, the total damage is: [roll0]

On the left side of this room there is a unimpressive looking wooden door. It looks like it can be opened by pulling the doorknob. As you approach it you smell corpses, old and rotten corpses.

You find no traps on this small wooded door

Nothing explodes, no traps are triggered.

JBarca
2015-01-01, 04:24 PM
Glaring at the Orcs the whole time, Blynn makes her way to the darkwood door, and, learning from her previous mistakes, takes her time in examining it. "Oh. Oh. Ok. Trap." She immediately sets out to prevent the trap from setting off.

She then heads to the other door. Just before she begins searching for traps here, though, she jumps up and shouts at the nearest Orc, clearly trying to scare it. Regardless of the result, she giggles and goes about her business. "Nothing." She seems rather disappointed by this fact.

Taking 20 on both searches, giving a total result of 30.
If traps are present, she'll try to Disable Device them. Do you want me to roll this? I'm never sure what a DM will want with Disable Device.
I read the Spoiler'd info I'm entitled to, and made the Knowledge Check in the OOC.

evangaline
2015-01-01, 05:25 PM
As Blynn starts trying to remove the core of one of the flame sigils, she sees a couple of red sigils lighting up in the corner of your eyes, while the door explodes in a sea of flames! Blynn instantly drops to the ground, as wood-splinters and flames sail over her head. Her face gets a little singed by the fire.

In front of Blynn is a small hallway made out of grey stone. It is 30ft long, 20ft wide and a lot higher then the previous room. The bright explosion revealed the cealing to be about 60ft high, there is the corpse of an orc lying face-down on the floor, he seems to have minor stabbing wounds in his neck.

You see this strange grey flying creature (http://bogleech.com/dnd/darkmantle.jpg) on the ceiling behind you, getting ready to lunge at you, and you immediately turn around. As it lunges one of it's tentacle's with a sharp point on it at you, you duck, and feel it pass a couple of millimetres over your head.

In front of you are humanoid corpses, smelling rotting humanoid corpses. These smelling humanoid corpses are in a small storage rooms, with a couple of shelves. The room itself is 30ft long and 20ft wide.
The scent is horrible, it makes you choke and leaves you nausiated. After a short examination you find out that these corpses are probably about 5 days old, and they have been killed by small stabbing wounds around the neck and shoulders.
You find 5gp worth of jewels on one of

Yael
2015-01-01, 06:54 PM
"A-are you okay, Blynn?" Alva asks to the elf after the explosion. "I think I will go ahead." The planetouched chants in low voice, her words are soft and graceful, then she stops her mouth and moves her hands in a graceful way, ending with her right hand placed on her chest. "Lunia!" As she ends her chant, her body starts emanating light. "I will go ahead." Says as she enters the door Blynn just opened, ending in the hallway.

Alva walks two steps until she sees something lurking in the ceiling. The shadow figure passes flying over her head, she dodged because she ducked in time, but the figure ends in front of her, hovering. "Woah!" Alva takes a step back when she saw the being clearly.

Alva (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=73407)
Female Chaotic Good Aasimar, Lesser Favored Soul of Sif 1, Level 1st, Init -8, HP 10/10, Speed 30 feet
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus
Longsword +2 (1d8+3, 19-20/x4)
Javelin (10) +0 (1d6+2, x2)
Scale Mail (+4 Armor)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 18
Condition None.
Level 0: 5/5.
Level 1st: 3/4.

Alva casts Light of Lunia.

wkwkwkwk1
2015-01-02, 07:04 AM
It really would have been more sensible to let Reea in first, she could have a go at the mantle...

evangaline: If I get inside now, can I act, or do I have to wait until the initiative goes around again?

wkwkwkwk1
2015-01-02, 10:03 AM
Going through the door carefully, her greatsword drawn and at the ready, Reea spots the creature before it can react, and swings her weapon at it.

Attack Roll (against an AC of 17):
[roll0]

Damage Roll (HP: 1d10+1 [6 HP average]):
[roll]2d6+4[roll]

Screwed up the second roll, but hey, having rolled a natural 3, it doesn't matter :smalltongue:

Bayar
2015-01-02, 05:48 PM
"Or we could check this door later, either way." Sticking with the party, Elsa stands on guard watching the orcs, just in case they find their nerve, while Blynn goes to work on the door. She jumps in surprise when the trap triggers but releases a sigh or relief upon discovering Blynn is just a bit singed. Well, that probably won't sit well with Blynn if she is wearing those bandages to cover up other burns. Elsa thought's are cut short as Alva gets ambushed by some flying creature.

"Look out !" With a throwing gesture from her right hand, Elsa launches a bold of eldritch energy towards the creature.

Eldritch blast
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Checks to identify the creature:
Knowledge (arcana):[roll2]
Knowledge (the planes):[roll3] - untrained

JBarca
2015-01-04, 12:56 AM
As she barely avoids the gout of flame, Blynn notices the creature behind it. She opens her mouth, then closes it, when she sees her two allies throw themselves and their energy at the beast, then utters a few sharp syllables in an unknown tongue as she moves her hands in a complex pattern. A burst of multi-colored light flies forth, striking the monster full-on, barely going over Reea's head.

Aiming a Color Spray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm) to hit the creature and avoid my ally. Moving if necessary. Will DC 19. Effects are in the link, based on HD.

evangaline
2015-01-04, 12:53 PM
The floating darkmantle evades your attacks without a lot of trouble, until the wave of light hits it. The darkmantle, completely befuddled by the spell, falls down. It seems to have dropped its defenses totally. It is stunned for long enough. Go ahead and murder it.

wkwkwkwk1
2015-01-04, 03:05 PM
Seeing the creature drop to the ground, unconscious, decides to put an end to its life.

Coup de Grace, therefore an automatic hit and a critical hit

[roll0] + [roll1]

For a total of 20, which assures a quick death, no need for a Fortitude Save :smallamused:

evangaline
2015-01-04, 05:10 PM
As this creature is falling you chop it in twain. You cut through is muscle and bone, as blood comes gushing out of it's now dead body! With a final shudder both pieces start falling down on the floor, leaving your sword and your hands covered in its blackish looking blood.

Yael
2015-01-05, 05:27 AM
"Eugh... Disgusting creature with a coward nature. Tough must be life here." Alva thinks aloud. She still is irradiating golden light, for which helps her vision (and her companions).[roll0]"Shall we continue this hall? Or pick the other route? This time, I won't go first... Safety measures." She turns her sight back, towards her companions. "And, thanks. You saved me, there."

Alva (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=73407)
Female Chaotic Good Lesser Aasimar Favored Soul of Sif 1, Level 1st, Init -8, HP 10/10, Speed 30 feet
Scale Mail (+4 Armor)
Condition Illuminating in a 30-ft. radius, per Light of Lunia (1/100)

Alva casts Light of Lunia.

wkwkwkwk1
2015-01-05, 01:23 PM
Reea bows towards her teammates, and takes point.

Bayar
2015-01-05, 04:10 PM
"Was that the flying blanket ? No wonder those orcs were so disturbed." Elsa moves to the orc corpse, searching it for anything of value. She will also take a bit of time to study it's facial features a bit.

evangaline
2015-01-06, 09:27 AM
It does not seem to have anything valuable on him, but his body look rather exotic. He might have been worth a lot if you stuffed him in a perfect state. Further study reveals that this creature's face looks a lot like an octopus, but with leathery wings connecting each tentacle.

Yael
2015-01-07, 05:36 AM
Alva takes steps towards the hallway, passing Elsa's position, while she is examining the orc/darkmantle "So if this is the way from they come, this should be the safest path, assuming there's no other trap in the way." She looks back to focus Blynn. "I have no expertise on trapcraft, mind you? I will be taking hits, along Reea." Alva draws her sword and points it towards the hall's path. "How does that sound?" She says in an elevated, excited tune on her voice.Alva walks a while past her companions until there's some oddity in sight (doors, corridors, etc.), and will keep a maximum distance with her teammates of 30 feet. She is still illuminating everything in a 30-ft radius, centered on her, with dim light 30 feet afterwards.

She makes another spot check, in her way. [roll0]Alva (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=73407)
Female Chaotic Good Lesser Aasimar Favored Soul of Sif 1, Level 1st, Init -8, HP 10/10, Speed 30 feet
Scale Mail (+4 Armor)
Condition Illuminating in a 30-ft. radius, per Light of Lunia (2/100)

Bayar
2015-01-08, 03:35 PM
"I don't know about it being safer, considering they were running away from something in the direction we are currently going. But as long as we are careful, there should be no problems, we are no orc brutes after all."

JBarca
2015-01-09, 12:06 AM
"Hits. Traps. Forward for the mind. Forward for the will. Backward to the darkness..." Blynn trails off for a moment, before halting suddenly, grinning widely, and mock-whispering, "BRUTES."

She then begins to move down the hall, carefully, checking for traps along the way, pausing every five feet to turn, smiles, give a thumbs up, and say, "Safe for another. Living again."

Search check!

[roll0]